Kennedy's on the Square
13-15 Dunster Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Kennedy's on the Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (617) 497-0900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 12:00am
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday - 11:00am - 2:00pm
The Bar is Open everyday until 1 am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yankel Polak
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Kennedy's on the Square
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kennedy's on the Square reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (0)Show More
- Nice brunch.Eat2LiveDined on 11/23/2014Kennedy's did a nice job with a large brunch party. The brunch menu has plenty to offer and the food was very good. Our only regret was that the food was very slow in coming out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacking tastemaryDined on 11/15/2014Had the fish tacos and they were lacking taste. Also very cold in restaurant when door opened. My seat was next to kitchen - no table should be there. Service actually came out way too fast and we were rushed. Even asked twice if we wanted anything else as we were talking and enjoying our wine.Special Features:
- Group DinnerAN12Dined on 11/15/2014Went with a group and most entrees were excellent. Burger toppings aren't great(no bacon!), fries were great. Cocktails were pretty tasty as well. Others in my group had the chowder, salads and lobster roll which were all good too. Service wasn't the best the waitress kept forgetting things. Oh and the nachos need work.. Not layered, dry need more cheese/sauce! Overall good find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved upon First PrinterPaulDined on 11/15/2014Kennedy's on the Square occupies the space that First Printer had. I did not like First Printer (poor food and bad service), but Kennedy's has improved upon both of those deficits. Kennedy's has good food and very good service. I had the fish tacos which were excellent. Two friends had the corned beef sandwich which was very good. However, the menu described the corned beef as including a spicy Russian dressing, which they could not taste if it was on there. Another friend had the vegetarian pasta which was billed as having a Parmesan wine sauce, but there did not seem to be any sauce at all. All who had french fries found them to be very good. I had a side of seasonal vegetables which were practically raw when they should have been cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Addition to Harvard SquareSmelt13VIPDined on 11/6/2014The place is a bit noisy which seems to be a Boston standard. The service was good in that our food came out right away, but not so good after getting our food. Where did she go? I had the bison burger and sweet potato fries both were delicious. My friends went with the regular burger and salad. Nice variety of draft choices such as Pretty Things, Notch, and a tap with hard cider.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/28/2014Good menu and food, but very loud and understaffed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unique dinnerMarcDined on 10/24/2014Came here on a double date with friends, and got to sit at a table that was inside what used to be a bank vault. Very cool and unique. Food and drinks were great, and server was very attentive. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Interesting Change, Still GoodPBonesVIPDined on 10/17/2014I enjoyed this location when it was "First Printer". It appears management re-branded it, changing the menu and the look a bit. It's still good, and bartender Willie (Mac, I think?) is still there, and still great. The food was better than expected, and quite good. The only issue is the noise level - the space has very high ceilings, and currently, no sound dampening. They may wish to be lively, but a bit of dampening would be smartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemazgDined on 10/17/2014The food was very good. We were in a hurry, and they made sure we were served quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014We did not know that in the time between our reservation and our arrival, the restaurant had changed management and name. The food was good, the service excellent ( se met every member of the wait staff and all were helpful and friendly), and we will return.Special Features:
- Great food for the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food at Kennedy's is really good, especially for the price. The cocktails are on the expensive side ($12-15) but the burgers and pizza are not (also $12-15). My husband and I had a nice dinner for under $50, which is unusual for Harvard square. I wish they had a better beer list (it was mostly very standard stuff, very few craft or micro brews) but I would definitely go back. We had the bison burger, sausage pizza, and creme brulée, all of which were tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2 reviews are from the Kennedy's on the Square reviews archive.