1200 Princess Anne Street
Fredericksburg, VA 22401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kenmoreinn.com/pub.html
- Phone: 5403717622
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday and Wednesday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner Sunday: 5pm - 8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jacqueline Hartman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Catering: We are a full service, nine bedroom Inn offering on site professional catering services
- Entertainment: Every Thursday in our Pub or our Garden Room. 7:30pm to 10:30pm
- Special Events: First Wednesday of each month we offer a 5 course wine dinner. Each course is prepared by our Executive Chef, Jacqueline Hartman. Each course is paired with hand selected wines by our chef to enhance each dish perfectly. Reservations are required, One seating only. Please call 540.371.7622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or view our website at www.kenmoreinn.com
A word from Kenmore Inn
Come enjoy a leisurely dinner downstairs in our Garden Room, Pub or beautiful sunken patio. A creative and seasonal menu offering American Fare with French Influences, created by Executive Chef Jacqueline Hartman. Join us the first Wednesday of each month for our gourmet wine dinners. Seasonal & Conceptual Menus crafted by our Chef Hartman paired with different wines each month. See our website for details. www.kenmoreinn.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kenmore Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014The dinner didn't start well. Our waiter brought out our bottle of wine, opened it, poured two full glasses, gave them to us and walked away. It did go uphill from there. My wife and I both had the spring salad w/orange & grapefruit slices. Nice presentation and fresh. My wife had the summer shrimp & tomatoes. I had the lamb chops. We both raved about how good these plates were. You couldn't go wrong with either. Bread wasn't offered with the meal and the water glasses were filled only once. That and the wine led to the lower service score. The food would have been 5 stars but for the lack of desserts. Only 3 items were offered and two were different types of crème brulee. More options would have been nice.Special Features:
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/17/2014We go to the Kenmore Inn about once a year. Food is always wonderful and we have a great evening, especially when they are playing music. I took an out of town friend and she enjoyed it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Kenmore Inn reviews archive.
- Nice setting terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Kenmore Inn has a beautiful outdoor dining area. Upon arrival, we were seated and water and utensils were offered. The waiter mentioned that they had just finished hosting a busy event. I knew this dining event was troubled when I noted the anger expressed by another couple at a table across the way who had been served food, but were never given utensils or napkins. We waited simply for our waiter to return and ask for our drink order, but he had disappeared. After 25 minutes of no service, we simply got up and departed. We went to another restaurant (Amy's Cafe) and who came walking through the door soon after us - the other couple who had not been giving utensils. We laughed and sighed vowing never again at Kenmore Inn!
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Fresh and clean. Rivals any restaurant in the DC metro.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchandyDined on 5/11/2014Wow! First time eating here. Great food and service, and a great place to treat Mom for brunch. Like the variety and portion size, too. We'll be back.Special Features:
- early saturdaynight dinnerSaxmanVIPDined on 5/10/2014Small menu with well prepared meals. Scallops, pork ribs, pheasant, fresh salads all very good. Nice wine selection. Try to ask for an outside table in the garden if the weather is nice.Special Features:
- Kenmore Inn a Fredericksburg gemJackDined on 5/10/2014We had never been here before so we made last minute reservations via Open Table for four and had a wonderful experience. Great food, great service and fantastic ambience. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely surpriseLoriBeeDined on 5/10/2014Kenmore Inn is in the historic district of Fredericksburg. It is an Inn as well as a restaurant and pub. We sat in the outdoor garden space which is beautifully lit. A koi pond is in the center. We had the special prix fixe meal designed for UMW graduation weekend. The food was lovely. Very fresh and with delightful flavor. The portions were a bit on the small side but I was not still hungry after my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go if there is a wine dinnerDelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/7/2014I was traveling for work and staying at the Kenmore Inn. Since I got in late I chose to eat at Kenmore Inn. However, several items on the menu were not available because, as the waiter described it, the kitchen was all taken up with the dinners of those going to the wine dinner that evening. It should not impact me that the facility is booked for more people than it can handle. There was no pasta or fish available, even though it is on the menu. I felt like an unwanted guest. The soup I did order was lukewarm, but I must say the crab cakes were excellent. But I still felt as if I was imposing to eat there that night, and it was an uncomfortable dinner.
- Great food, Great athomsophereBatesKing04Dined on 4/12/2014The meal was fantastic, the outdoor setting is beautiful and quaint and the service was fabulous. I had scallops, my husband had steak. He is a food snob and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karen Jonas' CD releasePaulSDined on 3/21/2014Great venue for dinner, drinks, music. Beautiful dining room upstairs, funky bar downstairs with space for live music, and even a sunken courtyard for outside drinks. We watched Karen Jonas Band and the Green Boys. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very positive experiencedoc200Dined on 2/27/2014We had a very positive experience at the Kenmore. In the first place, pheasant. An uncommon, and most appreciated entree, done to perfection, not the least bit dry. Second, duck, also very well prepared. Third, the service, fully accommodating to include serving our dessert in our room upstairs. Still more: live music in the bar in a room off to one side of the dining area; nice old-home atmosphere; un-rushed service; excellent wines.Special Features:
- Great for a Valentines DinnerlowellDined on 2/14/2014Went to the Kenmore Inn for the first time. The ambience was outstanding as was the service. The food was good but by the time it got to the table it was starting to get cold. It was good enough that I will try it again.Special Features:
- Old world charm with great food!IMHungry2Dined on 2/14/2014We had a great date night. Very good food, professional staff, and wonderful ambiance. We will be back!Special Features:
- Used to be betterfoodhobbyistVIPDined on 1/24/2014There was a time when the restaurant served in an elegant dining room on the main floor. There was and still is a quaint pub in the basement. Unfortunately, so is the restaurant in a large, open, cold, unadorned space adjacent to the pub. Even with reservations, waited to be seated (the place was half empty) while staff passed by. When finally seated had an additional 10 minute wait for menus to arrive (provided by same person who seated us and eventually waited on us). Seems the wait staff takes WAIT literally. The food , to an extent, was what saved the evening. Quite enjoyable but served only warm given the temperature in the place. May go back when the weather is warmer and hopefully some décor will have been added.
- Restaurant Week ProblemLarryTDined on 1/18/2014We have dined at this restaurant before and have had very good meals. We tried the restaurant week menu and were not pleased as the plate and food were cold when served. We did mention this to our server and asked that the kitchen be informed. The server apologized for the cold food. Perhaps the kitchen was overwhelmed with the number of dishes it had to prepare during the time we where seated and ordered. We would try the restaurant again but not during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Comes To FredericksburgDanOVIPDined on 1/18/2014This was our first time at The Kenmore Inn and we were very impressed. Service was am extremely efficient and pleasant experience. The food is absolutely wonderful! Had a salad, potato leak soup, and the filet mignon. Everything was excellently prepared and tasted wonderful. What I like about The Kenmore Inn is that we can have big city fine dining without the hassles of going to get big city fine dining (distance, parking, expense). We loved it so much, in fact, we're going back for Valentine's Day! See you there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodbeverlyDined on 12/24/2013Food was very good although it could have been a tad warmer. Limited Chritmas Eve menu but interesting choices. Delicious oysters Rockefeller. Christmas goose was also tasty. My companions enjoyed their scallops, pumpkin raviolis, beef Wellington and lamb altho all situated the food was barely above room temperature so could have been warmer. The big disappointment for me was the pineapple upside down cake I had for dessert. Very dry and did not taste fresh. Others enjoyed their desserts. Quiet venue in a historic building.Special Features:
- Not what is used to beSpencerDined on 12/3/2013While nothing was really bad with the food, nothing was really good. Service was fine. Dining in now downstairs in the basement for folks not staying at the Inn. Used to feel really special to dine at the Kenmore Inn. Now it feels eh.
- A Little DisappointingCruzBuddyDined on 11/28/2013Food was excellent, but not stove hot,; service not so hot either. Realize it was Thanksgiving, but still...Waitress never checked on us once our food was served. One dessert I wanted was no longer available, and it was only 3:00. Not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Thanksgiving Meal for us.HappyDined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed dining here so much last year that we decided to make it a family tradition. As excellent as the food was last year, this year was even better. The petite fillet with crabcake and the chocolate bourbon pecan pie were "to die for"! The starter salad was excellent as well. My husband enjoyed the red wine soaked pear for dessert. We were served in the more private dining room with the stained glass windows. The room with 4 tables was quieter and more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing and priceyvictorian42Dined on 11/28/2013We had Thanksgiving dinner there. The food was okay, the portions small the green beans were cold and watch out the tip is added to the bill. We did not know that and ended up leaving a $80 plus tip for pleasant but slow service. At $55.00 per plate, coffee not included, We expected to be impressed. We weren't.Special Features:
- Dinner at Kenmore InnFoodiefromfredericksburgDined on 10/25/2013We had dinner here and we were not impressed. Everything about the evening was merely average. After spending 200.00 I can say we felt we did not get our monies worth. We would have had a better time at a chain restaurant. Very overrated Save your money OR don't have any expectations. Very disappointing evening
- Anniversary spotbikeordieDined on 10/11/2013We came to the Kenmore Inn to eat after we got married last year and decided to come back this year for our anniversary. The food at the Inn is always fantastic. They have a great chef. There are never a lot of people there so it's quiet. We've eaten inside and out on the patio and really like the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2013Just the atmosphere one would expect of a B&B. We were lucky to sit outside because there was a function in the main dining room. We lucked out with a beautiful day. We were entertained by a guitarist, which was a wonderful touch. Great place; next time we'll stay at the inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice propertyLoisVIPDined on 9/8/2013Did enjoy brunch. The gazpacho was very good, and the shrimp and grits was also tasty. My friend had the omelet and said it was very good. her potato hash had duck in it, and it was also good. Would return here! Waiter was very nice.Special Features:
- Good, but left disappointedLarryDined on 9/6/2013We chose this restaurant based on the menu posted on-line. When we arrived for dinner, we were told the menu had undergone a seasonal change The on-line menu had not been changed. Although the dinner was still acceptable, the taste of disappointment lingers.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodLarryTDined on 8/16/2013We ate outside on the patio which has limited seating and when the sun went down the trees are wrapped with twinkle lights that added to ambiance. Found the food and service excellent, the pan seared ahi was perfectly prepared and presented. I would highly recommend to anyone for special occasion.Special Features:
- Great spot for Sunday brunch1stimerVIPDined on 8/11/2013We enjoyed our visit to Kenmore Inn very much. The dining rooms are bright, airy, and tables generously spaced. Service was attentive and professional. Our entrees all were excellent -- crab cake, omelet, and "Southern Style" Eggs Benedict. Homemade ice cream was especially good for desert. Also enjoyed the live music (something I normally don't care for) -- an excellent guitarist who provided subtle background music with great tunes the entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/9/2013My husband and I recently took advantage of Fredericksburg's family table promotion at the Kenmore Inn. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service impeccable. I wish, however, that they would return to their previous policy of serving dinner in their formal dining room, rather than the pub. The formal dining room is elegant and matches the quality of the food. Eating in the pub is a real step down.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2013Food was good. Service okay. Ambience in downstairs awful! Would try upstairs dining but so disappointed with sitting downstairs. Driving in 95 traffic is not worth this restaurant..
- Nice place on the right nightFredDined on 5/31/2013The Kenmore is a lovely, hidden spot in downtown Fredericksburg. But we picked the wrong evening to be there. A large wedding party was going on downstairs and it sapped the attention of the waitstaff and the kitchen. Adding to the chaos was inadequate (and contradictory) signage that had party goers looking for the reception and coming through the dining rooms lost. The food ranged from sublime (the crab dip) to just-okay (the pheasant). The wine list was adequate but not very deep. Grade: B-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationUmwgradDined on 5/11/2013The kenmore inn hosted a graduation menu at $45 per person, but provided no alternatives and did not notify guests when the reservation was made. The service was poor and improper. Quality food but it was not good enough to make up for the other shortcomings.Special Features:
- We had a lovely dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/10/2013We had a lovely dinner here to celebrate a graduation. The dining room we ate in is lovely, and we saw a few tables outside on a patio under the trees that were very nice. Fried green tomato appetizer was delicious, as was the mahi mahi. Our only complaint was that service was very slow. We ate at 8 pm, so a bit after the rush, and it was still very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was great. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Dinner was great. We were seated in the front area as requested. I love ambiance of the room. If it were warmer we would have requested the outside garden area which is nice in the summer. The menu is limited but everything on it is good.Special Features:
- My husband I and enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013My husband I and enjoyed our dinner at the Kenmore Inn. My husband had the duck and I had the steak. Only complaint was that the sides were very small. And for the price it would have been nice to get bread with our meal. We will go back to try the lighter fare at lunchtime.
- The staff was very helpfulRichVIPDined on 3/21/2013The staff was very helpful and friendly, given that our plane was late, and we therefore arrived well after our reservation. The food was quite good, even tho it was almost time for the kitchen to close. The band at the bar in the next room was in full swing, but it was an enjoyable evening, nevertheless.Special Features:
- Food was good,however thejackieDined on 3/16/2013Food was good,however the menu is rather limited. It was a Saturday night and the restaurant was empty. The bar, which shares the same downstairs space, was crowded and very noisy which made for difficult conversation. Our waitress was bouncing back and forth between the bar and restaurant, so the service was not consistent. Sunday brunch is lovely and is served in a much more elegant space. I wish they would start serving dinner upstairs again. The upstairs space has beautiful rooms, which provides a much nicer place for an evening meal. I would go back for Brunch or for a burger in the bar, but not for a nice "date" night dinner with my husband - the downstairs space has no ambience and is way too noisy for such an expensive meal.Special Features:
- Kenmore Inn For Sunday Lunch/BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013We invited our friends to join us at the Kenmore Inn for Sunday brunch. This is a beautiful historic inn in the city of Fredericksburg. It is a wonderful location to talk with friends. As always, the food was delicious. Entertaining live classical guitar performance provided background music.Special Features:
- Try pub for lunch, maybe better.FANTASTICDined on 3/1/2013Sign on the door said the bar opened at 5PM but when we went in they said that they were not open. We came back for our 5:30 reservation but they were not ready for customers yet. Good food but not worth the price. Scallops were gritty. Duck was not crispy and had too much salt.