Kenichi - Dallas
2400 Victory Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
Kenichi - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kenichirestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2148718883
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm (Lounge open till 2:00am), Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Bodhi Durant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering options available
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs dining adjacent to our mezzanine bar.
- Private Party Contact: Brianna Rocha 2148718883
A word from Kenichi - Dallas
KENICHI DALLAS is a modern restaurant and lounge that features contemporary Asian cuisine and world-class sushi while catering to the hip and sophisticated Dallas diner. The palette of soothing blues and greens is co-mingled with the subtle luxury of materials, including exotic wood, glass and custom metalwork. The menu at KENICHI DALLAS includes both traditional and innovative sushi preparations as well as sensational appetizers, a diverse selection of hot entrées and an extensive collection of premium sakes. Furthermore, guests can enjoy the KENICHI dining experience at the sushi bar, in the dining room, or upstairs, in the mezzanine lounge. Located in the vibrant Victory Park neighborhood, KENICHI DALLAS is within walking distance to the American Airlines Center – home of the Stars and the Mavericks – and looks forward to satisfying guests before and after events. No matter what the occasion, KENICHI DALLAS has something to offer for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kenichi - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (24)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (14)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- ScoobyDined on 9/13/2014Dinner was very relaxing. The curtain booth's are perfect to keep the noise level down & great way to have good conversation.Special Features:
- Best sushi I've had in awhileSushiloverDined on 9/6/2014Our server's name was Richard and he was awesome!!! He answered all our questions and was very knowledgable about everything on the menu. He had us sold on all the special sushi they had and we ordered extra! :) overall great experience and sushi!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, unimpressive fooddallasiteDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I came here to use a TravelZoo deal. We got there at about 6:20pm on a Sunday night and the restaurant was pretty empty so we were excited to have a quick and delicious meal. Despite the emptiness, however, our waiter was impossible to pin down. When he wasn't hiding in the back, he was racing past our table as if the restaurant was completely full. The Blake and Friday Night sushi rolls were so boring and bland. We ordered the chocolate lava cake for dessert (after finally waving down our waiter, who had been avoiding us for 30 minutes) and he said it took 10 minutes to make the cake. 30 minutes later, we got our dessert. Our dinner in a nearly empty restaurant took 2 hours, which is absolutely absurd. We will not return.
- food good/bad drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Ordered a cosmo that tasted like medicine and then changed it to a 'margarita', we went for restaurant week, 1st and 2nd course delicious, dessert didnt like, ice cream too sweet and donut had a weird texture. It was also very hot in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selective customer service???usuallyalurkerDined on 8/22/2014In summary, how can you say you're not serving Restaurant Week food when you signed up for it, the Restaurant Week Menu is blatantly on your menu, AND you end up serving Restaurant Week food to people BEFORE us as well as AFTER we walked out on you? Now, this is the MANAGER telling us this! We did NOTHING to annoy you except say our group of 5 was here for Restaurant Week. One of my colleagues is ready to call out racial/gender discrimination. No wonder your reviews have plummeted recently. I RARELY leave reviews, but have been so upset and angry enough to be compelled to write this. I have plenty more to say but don't feel you deserve anymore of my time. I do apologize to the waiter for having to bear the brunt of our anger, though.
- Restaurant WeekChrisDined on 8/21/2014Six of us went to Kenichi as apart of Restaurant Week and were overall pleased with our decision. The food was good but the portions were very small. Most of us also ordered off the regular menu as the restaurant week one seem to change/ just did not sound great. The best plate we ordered was the Friday Night and my friends actually order a couple more after their small portioned entree. Also don't forget to request fresh wasabi as that too was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GonzaloVIPDined on 8/19/2014Kenichi never fails...the sushi is amazing, the other entrees (lobster is incredible) as well and the drinks and wine selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week - First Time VisitlaurawattersDined on 8/19/2014We went with another couple. None of us had been there before. The person who walked us to our table - talked on the phone the entire walk to our table (different - and a little aloof). Our Waitress was top notch - she worked hard with us to make sure we had all questions answered. Appetizers were outstanding, the main course, steak was a little tough (was very surprised), the flavor was outstanding, the dessert was out of this world.Special Features:
- Very Good CuisineMichaelDined on 8/17/2014Everything was nicely prepared and tasty. Tried seafood and beef and all were very good.Special Features:
- LucyDined on 8/17/2014The dishes are exquisite and tasty, but the portions are small!Special Features:
- stick to the sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week, as our return visit, and the sushi is amazing, as expected! hubs ordered the surf and turf and the steak was not good. no flavor and tough. stick to the sushi!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!RobertaBDined on 8/13/2014We were a party of 5 and were seated in an alcove so it was so easy to have a nice conversation. The food and service were impeccable.Special Features:
- Restaurant week at KenichiJoAnnDined on 8/11/2014my husband and I enjoyed our dinner at Kenichi during restaurant week. The service was great and the food was fantastic. However the servings were rather small and we were still hungry when we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014I found the sushi options and quality to be below expectations, especially for a Japanese restaurant. Fish didn't seem that high quality, and some of their unique rolls seemed strange in taste (due to combinations). The Miso cod was the exception - wonderful. However, their steaks were excellent, and their desserts. I would recommend their miso cod, cowboy ribeye, and tempura ice cream.
- Not for meCoveyDined on 7/19/2014After reading mixed reviews online, I was interested in trying this place. The food was good, but not good enough for the prices. $20 for a sushi roll that isn't the best is too pricey. The service was slow and I had to track down my server to get the bill. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Food was ok, great sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Limited choices of seafood, steak was the best item of the night, nothing special on dessertsSpecial Features:
- Good Food/Nice ServiceHemiGlock21Dined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed it. It's expensive, but worth it. It's a nice place for a special occasion. the sushi is tasty, but they don't have paper menus where you can make the order for the table like every other sushi place in the world. Overall, it's still worth a visit.Special Features:
- Best Asian Food Ever!RestaurantDivaDined on 6/8/2014We went for my son's 21st birthday at his suggestion. He said they have the best sushi he's ever had. We ordered the Thai Basil Fried Rice to share and everyone ordered a different type of sushi and I had the wild salmon. The rice was the best I've ever had, the salmon was unbelievable. The entire time I was thinking this place has got the best chefs in town. My husband, son and daughter loved their sushi, they each ordered something different. We all agreed the rice was heaven sent. We will definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!LisaDined on 6/7/2014We went with a party of eight and tried many appetizers and all enjoyed an entrée. The sushi is outstanding and the fried green beans incredible. Atmosphere was modern and nice. Noise level a bit high for a group of eight but it did work. Only complaint is that we were all drinking red wine and they only had two bottles of our favorite. Waiter was attentive and always there when we needed him. Overall, great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehleahVIPDined on 6/5/2014Menu has never changed. Food spilled on menus. Been going here for years after visiting the one in aspen many years ago. They need to change it up. Won't be going back. End of an era.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Fantastic flavor combinations, always fresh. When we asked various members of the staff what their favorite menu item is, they knew right away the answer and made a good case as to why we would want to try it on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 585 reviews are from the Kenichi - Dallas reviews archive.
- Good date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Took my husband here for his 30th birthday. The food was really good. Sushi rolls weren't the best but the sashimi was excellent. Sea weed salad is also very yummy. took a while to get our food but overall it was a fun dining experience. They gave my husband a special treat for his birthday and it was delicious! We got a private booth which was fun but the curtains were really dirty which made our fancy dining not seem so fancy. They need to wash the curtains and clean the booths or have them reupholstered.Special Features:
- TvisDined on 5/17/2014The food was good, but not amazing. Almost all of the sashimi specials on the menu are at least partially, if not fully, cooked, which defeats the purpose of ordering sashimi. The sashimi special that we ordered, the yellowtail grilled fish collar shio-yaki style was an excellent dish despite it's categorization. The fish was salty, but not salt encrusted, like we feared, and very light. The ton gyoza was an excellent starter sweet and salty. The best bites had bits of both the cherry and the gyoza. However, there were not enough cherries to go with every bite. After tasting the dumplings with the cherries, they seemed to be missing something without them. These two dishes were good, but the meal was not at the level of what we expected.
- Love KenichimshepardDined on 5/9/2014We were lucky enough to have Richard as our waiter, he is always great and provides perfect wine and dish recommendations. We had the Hamachi Collar grilled with a little salt and pepper, what a treat!iSpecial Features:
- Good time and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014Had a great time. Food was good. The sushi side of the menu seems light. Not a large selection of rolls. But everything was we had was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place. Great service.DallasdinerDined on 4/11/2014We had several rolls. They were good but not great. The extremely salty soy sauce detracted from the quality of the food. Recommend the "mean green" roll. Drinks were very good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/11/2014We had a fab night at Kenichi with great service and fantastic food. It was only disappointing that they had no mackeral but the quality of the tuna and salmon more than made up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food...sauces..AMAZINGtcbooth98Dined on 4/8/2014Great food, great atmosphere...we drive downtown from the 'burbs for this restaurant...Bhodi, an extraordinary executive chef, has crafted dishes that are some of the best in Dallas. Must try: the Dynamite shrimp or Lobster, the Kobe beef (perfect), spicy edimame, and a personal favorite; the toasty, crunchy and totally unexpected tofu...just amazing all the way around. You absolutely will fall for this place.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable!Des2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014The food is consistently amazing at Kenichi! We enjoyed a sake sampler which was well worth the price and the education as the sake sommelier customized our drink selections based on our food selection and personal preferences. He really made the overall evening a true dining experience.Special Features:
- texas style sushijennychan000VIPDined on 3/29/2014ordered grilled asparagus and heart of palm salad, sushi, maki and sake. salad was great. sushi was ok. what clinched this was were the rolls, which were regrettable (so overly seasoned that fish flavor was completely lost; rice was warm!!!). i noticed that everything i ate in dallas was highly seasoned so i guess it was inevitable that the maki would be overly seasoned too??? service was great though.
- Love the ambiance, very classy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Love the ambiance, very classy, although pricey, food was really good!
- fun before ChermatthewVIPDined on 3/26/2014the sushi is OK , but very overpriced and small portions compared to other sushi restaurants in Dallas. but the proximity to AA center and W will obviously make this restaurant endureI would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how good!CmuwalkerDined on 3/25/2014Presentation and taste were all excellent. Top sushi pick for DFW .Special Features:
- Great Experience!vbreaux21Dined on 3/25/2014Kenichi creates a great experience for dining. Service is as good as the food.....outstanding!Special Features:
- Decent timef8thful03Dined on 3/21/2014We went for my husband's birthday on a Fri night. Parking was hard to find as there was a Mavs game going on that night. It was pretty empty when we sat down. I would recommend skipping the appetizers. I found them to be nothing special. I was told the dynamite shrimp was popular, but it was only 1 fried shrimp cut into 5 pieces. I did enjoy the pork belly skewer and escolar dishes were superb. Dessert wasn't that exciting either. They did offer a free dessert for his birthday so that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-notch sushi diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014We have been coming to Kenichi for years, and the food, service have been consistently superb. Management is hands-on and invested in operations, making sure customers are having a quality experience. This is our go-to place for date nights and special occasions... They always make an evening out seem more like an event, not just a meal.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014The food was very good and had interesting options. We went prior to a concert at the American Airlines Center - it's easy walking from there. The noise level, however, was way too loud. We were at a small table for 2 and had to yell to each other to be heard. We struck up a conversation with a couple at the small table right next to us, and we all said "what?" a lot because we couldn't hear each other.Special Features:
- Recommend as the food, serviceShmooVIPDined on 3/13/2014Recommend as the food, service and atmosphere. Potstickers, lobster appetizer and steak was one of the best meals ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2014Great atmosphere, made reservations on short notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JacobDined on 3/7/2014My wife and I went there before a Mavs game due to the proximity to the Arena. Normally, we do not venture outside of Blue Fish when it comes to eating sushi. However, Kenichi was outstanding; waitress was very helpful in exlplaining certain items and making recommendations. We ordered sushi, sashimi and cooked fish and steak; all were excellent! Food was a little pricey, but definitely worth it for the occassional getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.