Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: 2139727322x
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 11:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)fit for foodies (67)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (50)great for brunch (48)romantic (40)notable wine list (35)good for groups (32)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (14)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A lovely experienceronimomDined on 9/27/2014We came here to eat before going to the theater. We were stuck in traffic and called and told them we'd be late and they said no problem, they'd hold our table. When we got to the restaurant, we were seated immediately. Our waiter was very attentive and our food arrived quickly and hot. Our meals were very, very good. This is our new favorite place to eat before going to the Music Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive!CarolVIPDined on 9/27/2014Kendall's has raised their prices too high! The value is not there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 9/24/2014I used to think of this place as more of an "older crowd" restaurant and expensive. It may have been around for awhile, but recently I learned that it is not old and stuffy. There's a vibrant lunch crowd (mostly from the courts across the street) and their food and service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Am DisappointedLarryTVIPDined on 9/23/2014After specifically mentioning in my reservation that some of our party are hard of hearing, we were seated in the middle of the room.
- BalazsRobertDined on 9/23/2014Excellent restaurant in every respect. Dining here makes the Music Center "experience" even more special.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-Theatre DiningGreatExpectationsDined on 9/23/2014The service is excellent, the food is great - it's a wonderful place to start your evening at the Music Center, regardless of the event you're going to see. They ask you if you're there for a show, and make sure that you get through your meal - without feeling rushed - in time to be in your seats when the curtain goes up. The short rib is amazing, the lamb loin is excellent, they make great french onion soup and the carrot-ginger soup that was the soup of the day was so good I wanted to lick the bowl.Special Features:
- SabrinaVIPDined on 9/23/2014I dined at Kendall twice within the last 30 days, due to the performances in the Music City. The food was very good and service was superb. This is a perfect place to enjoy a pre-show dinner and a post-show night cap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Perfect location when going to the Opera. The food was good, the hostess was so wonderful and made up for our salads not being delivered by offering us a lovely cheese plate after dinner.Special Features:
- Old World Charmcsr125Dined on 9/23/2014Kendall's Brasserie is a great spot to dine before going to the opera, or any other performance at The Music Center, as it is right under the Dorothy Chandler pavilion. The food and service are excellent. What sets it apart for me is the Old World European charm.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/23/2014mediocre food and exceptionally high prices for wineSpecial Features:
- Always GoodTadleyDined on 9/21/2014We go to Kendall's when we are at the Music Center or Disney Hall. It is always nice. I have to confess, however, that I did not like their brunch menu very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the Skirt Steak for BrunchGailMarie123Dined on 9/21/2014I really miss the skirt steak that they eliminated when they moved to a brunch menu on Sundays. I'm a diabetic, and the skirt steak (with spinach or salad) was perfect. The chateau steak meal is too big for brunch (and I can't eat the pommes frites); I'm left eating a hamburger (sans bun) and side salad. I wish they'd bring it back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Park once for the music center / great dining most of the time
- Good news, bad newsalacarteVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Kendall's before the theater. Some of the dishes were excellent-- the calamari casserole, and some were terrible-- the over-salted moules frites. Did no one taste the moules before serving them?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed brunch before matineeCCMomVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to see a weekend matinee performance of The Trip to Bountiful and enjoyed a very tasty brunch at Kendall's - poached eggs, asparagus, spinach, roasted tomato, potatoes and their french bread and butter. Very reasonably priced for the convenient location and the delicious meal. Dinners tend to be far more expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- voicesofspringDined on 9/19/2014Thanks I always enjoy my visits to Kendall's. My son had his wedding dinner there. Reservations are always honored. The staff is quick and professional and always listens . love that. it is so convenient before the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAOperaLAOperaDined on 9/17/2014We ate here before the opera, so it was very convenient. Service was friendly and quick at the beginning of our dining experience, but after we got our main course, the server was no where to be found. They were very busy, but it was a long wait, and then we felt rushed with desert.Special Features:
- opera opening night 930 dinnerScarlattDined on 9/13/2014the restaurant was very busy after opera and our waiter barely came around, he had too many tables so we didn't get the good service you would expect with the high prices...Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysbaaramuDined on 8/22/2014Took clients here Friday night before seeing "We will Rock You"--the service was stellar and the food was fantastic--never disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014I arrived about 45 minutes early, as the freeway traffic was on my side (for once). I planned on sitting outside and having a glass of wine or inside at the bar to wait on my friend...but thought I'd ask if I would be able to be seated at my table even though my friend had not arrived yet. The host said, 'of course'. My waiter was amazing. He knew I was going to be waiting and he didn't bat an eye. He made me feel comfortable; brought my drink; checked on me to be sure I didn't need anything. I have to say...you don't get that kind of service everywhere. Typically, they will not seat you because they want the table turned over. My waiter (sorry, forgot your name) and the restaurant were wonderful! Thanks!
- SteveVIPDined on 8/20/2014Patina wonderful food served in a very pleasant setting, with style and attentiveness - best possible place to go if you are at the courthouseSpecial Features:
- Kendall'sbobsdiningDined on 8/19/2014If you have a show to see at the LA Music Center, this is a great option. You can arrive early to avoid all the crowds at show time. You can park across the street, thus avoiding the lines of cars waiting to exit the Music Center parking lot after the show. The table is reserved ahead of time. Food and service are very high quality. When the show time nears you simply walk upstairs and you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food served promptly from the kitchen, great wait service, nice ambiance. We ordered the steak and the stripped bass, both served with its own starch and vegetable. We shared a cheese selection, a salad and the creme brulee dessert! Come early so you can come and enjoy the food and mood before the theater. Definitely would come again if we were ever at the Music Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff were friendly and attentive. Here is some feed back for changes that would improve the food for us. 1. The shrimp cocktail sauce was very difficult to get to [the leaves were eliminating assess]. The shrimp were good. 2. The cheese appetizer was disappointing. Brie replaced the camembert we were expecting. 3. The Chateau steak was good. The béarnaise sauce was great. The roasted tomato was interesting. The pommes frites maison were well prepared but we felt that something less ordinary would have made the entree more memorable. The bread was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Theater findTravels2dineVIPDined on 8/12/2014Although I felt our service was a bit rushed...it seemed we had barely completed our appetizer and the entree was served, it was a lovely dining experience. Their Onion soup is the best in town! Always excellent. I had a healthy choice, sea bass and veggies and my friend had the steak and fries. Both very good.Special Features:
- Perfect bistrodineswithwolvesVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Patina Group really know how to run a restaurant. Great food in an authentic atmosphere served by friendly people. The only place to go when you're seeing something at the Music Center.Special Features:
- TimingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We had an event at the Opera house at 6 & they led us to our table when we arrived which was 4:45 & before formally open. That kindness took the pressure off & we could enjoy the meal & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING BRUNCH!BalbertDined on 8/10/2014We've always loved Kendall's for dinner. It's our fav place to have dinner before the theater. This Sunday we tried it for Brunch. What a wonderful surprise. They offered a wonderful menu and each dish was not only delicious but so beautifully presented. Our waiter was a gem! Orders were perfect, attention was given to every detail and he was such a friendly and informative guy. Definitely a must in the downtown area!!!Special Features:
- Love the new menu!hatboxVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great egg scramble. Wonderful variety on the new 2014 menu.Special Features:
- Kendall's is mixedLadydi7VIPDined on 8/10/2014Kendall's ok for Sunday Brunch. Food ok not great.... Our waiter brusque and rushed... Poor service... But when going to the Ahmanson they get a captive audience ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice before theaterLACTGregularDined on 8/9/2014After sitting in traffic to get downtown for a play, it's great to have a place like Kendall's to relax and shake off the drive and prepare for a fabulous theatrical evening. Service is tailored for your needs. I love the little side room where you can talk and hear without yelling. Wonderful comfort food. Comfortable and friendly. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but......LamaddogDined on 8/9/2014Our experiences at Kendall's have usually been good. However, this time, we ordered the rotisserie chicken and found it salty and uninviting. The carrot soup and the cold tomato soup were both excellent and the service was very attentive as usual. We would definitely go back but will not order the chicken in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for TheaterRitaDined on 8/8/2014While a great location for the theater district in downtown L.A. (adjacent to underground parking), the food and service was mediocre. The menu selections were staid and true and not very inventive. Hopefully, we won't be back unless timing issues on theatrical productions warrant it.
- dining before a showWeezyCDined on 8/7/2014I've been going to Kendalls for years now , before each show at the amahson, The cocktails are very good and the food ranges from edible to good, nothing will wow you here, except maybe the french onion soup or the soup of the day, It's also pricey just cause it can be, and the wine prices are way too high (we always bring a bottle) the service is very friendly!
- awesome food & servicegreat1Dined on 8/6/2014I took my girlfriend to Kendall's Brasserie before the theater. They gave us a really nice booth. It was her birthday. The service was great. Prompt, courteous, informative and helpful. Everyone- the maitre'd, the waiter, the busboys were extremely well mannered and gave excellent service. She had steak, I had fish. The food was amazing!!! We go to great restaurants and I was actually quite shocked at how good the food was at Kendall's Brasserie. I will definitely go back and recommend it to anyone going to the theater in dowtown LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRandyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently good food ; great for Pre-theatre Staff always knows how to get you out in timeSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch option before TheaterDandDVIPDined on 8/3/2014We both really enjoyed the new brunch menu. Nice space, convenient location, great service, fair prices and well prepared food. I definately preferred the experience over Pinot Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for foodgrandmotherVIPDined on 8/3/2014We arrived at 11:45. We had a 1:00 show. Our order was not taken until about 12:05, that was not the wors, our food did not attive until 12:30. That is the last time we will go there.Special Features:
- Great for a pre-theatre meal3Cheers4GoodFoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Kendall's is always a great choice for a pre-theatre meal. Their French onion soup is the best!Special Features:
- eileenDined on 8/2/2014delicious place for pre or post theater dining. Staff is aware of time restraints necessary to serve and have you out in time for curtain.Special Features: