Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: (213) 972-7322
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 10:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (60)neighborhood gem (55)great for brunch (41)notable wine list (40)good for groups (35)late-night find (33)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (15)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- We ordered a Baratta MozzarellaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2008We ordered a Baratta Mozzarella salad - it came out and there was almost no Barratta on it and one of the tomatoes was a little brown. I asked the waiter if they could bring us more Baratta and he first said - "well, we would have to charge you for that." and I said "come on, that's crazy. there's nothing on here and this is a $13 salad." He then took it away as if he was mad, came back 5 min. later with a few little extra pieces. Still, not satisfactory. I thought for a restaurant that is pretty expensive, they need to be more accomodating AND bring you a salad that is worthy of $13. it was bad customer service on their part, I was surprised.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/15/2008Good food and atmosphere, but the waiter seemed to have little interest in waiting on our table. He was unfriendly and lunch took an hour and a half to serve an appetizer and burgers with no dessert. I've eaten at this Patina location on several occasions and have enjoyed it with the exception of this visit.
- The service was abominable.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/13/2008The service was abominable. The food was cold. It will be a long time before I return for a meal.
- Good food, efficient and helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Good food, efficient and helpful service, and great location for music center/Disney hall events. we love Kendall's and will return several times a yearSpecial Features:
- The cappuccino's have gottenlobstarVIPDined on 5/4/2008The cappuccino's have gotten really good now after being very watery and rather tasteless all last year. An excellent menu. Outstanding professional service. If I have a reservation, there is a table waiting. I like that. It is always a pleasure to eat there.Special Features:
- Very attentive to our timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008Very attentive to our time needs as we were dining before a concert at the Disney Hall. The service from host to wait staff to busboys were all VERY "on top of it"...Special Features:
- Good for dinner before DisneyLAFoodVIPDined on 5/2/2008Good for dinner before Disney Hall or the music center
- Had avoided Kendall's forcmschusterVIPDined on 5/1/2008Had avoided Kendall's for quite a while because of extremely poor service in the past. The food has always been fine. I'm glad the service was good on Thurs because it is a very convenient location. Not enough good restaurants within walking distance of Disney Hall and the Music Center.
- The new hamburger does notDowntownerVIPDined on 5/1/2008The new hamburger does not measure up to the old one. The bun particualarly is hard and dry. i suggest you change bakeries.Special Features:
- Convenient for the Courthouse.OnDBeachVIPDined on 5/1/2008Convenient for the Courthouse. Good service to get you in and out for noon break. There could be a more expansive menu.Special Features:
- It has been and will be oneptbear1Dined on 4/27/2008It has been and will be one of the best places we have had the good fortune to find.Special Features:
- The kitchen was too slow,JackDined on 4/26/2008The kitchen was too slow, though our actual server was very friendly and helpful. The dinner menu is way too expensive relative to the actual quality of the food. This restaurant is convenient when seeing a show, but I wouldn't seek it out or recommend it otherwise.Special Features:
- Perfect location for goingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2008Perfect location for going to the theatre after dining. The simi private room is the best, It keeps the noise down.
- I really like this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008I really like this place. It makes a great impression on first-time patrons. I marked service as "good" instead of "very good or Outstanding" because my waiter never gave us bread. Everyone around us received bread and we did not. When asked, he said there was a problem in the kitchen, but others continued to receive bread. Oh well, just one of those things. My friend and I still had a nice birthday celebration.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008We enjoyed a very nice dinner before a concert. The waiters were great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Love the French decor; especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2008Love the French decor; especially the artwork in the dining room and the framed and matted vintage ladies' kid gloves! Food and service terrific! You will fill yourself with the really REAL olive and sour dough bread served, so go slow!Special Features:
- This is the third time thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2008This is the third time that I have dined at Kendall's. The service and the food were both lovely. I will continue to refer my friends. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater venue. They'reOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2008Great pre-theater venue. They're fast and very conscious of getting the meal finished before a show begins.Special Features:
- Average food and service andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/22/2008Average food and service and a bit pricey,but convenient for theater goers.
- Dominick and Anthony wereRonniefredVIPDined on 4/20/2008Dominick and Anthony were excellent as always and if a little cool it was nice sitting outside. I think they were one heater short so we didn't have one this time.
- 1) the on-line reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/20081) the on-line reservation system is great! 2)the food was OK, but not distinguished. Not as great as we expected. I love to cook and entertain and am always interested in other's takes on favorites, i.e., risotto. Needed a little more oomph and the little shrimp weren't as tender as they could have been. My husband ordered the halibut, substituted that night for the salmon. He said it was "ok", but also not as great as he expected. 3)we expect to pay for excellence, although it's hard to beat the French dip sandwiches at Phillipe's where the two of us can eat for around $20. OK,that's an anomaly, but you get the point. 4) the service was OUTSTANDING!! A wonderful, knowledgeable, personable, professional waiter.
- Food was very poor and farOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/20/2008Food was very poor and far too expensive. The starters and entrees came out so quickly that it is obvious that they were cooked in advance and kept warm...the taste of the food also clearly showed this to be the fact. Another major disappointment was an overpriced but extremely poor quality cheese plate. The meal for two people cost a shade over $200 including a $70 bottle of wine and was certainly not worth that price.
- If the service staff (specificallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2008If the service staff (specifically the waiter) would give a bit more attention to it's customers that could have made the experience memorable. At least the front desk staff was excellent.Special Features:
- It is THE convenient placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2008It is THE convenient place to eat when attending events at The Music Center or Disney Hall. Food is good, not great. Location is the draw.Special Features:
- We often dine at this restaurantBHBUMVIPDined on 4/19/2008We often dine at this restaurant before an event at the Music Center or Disney Hall. The staff is always attentive. The only downside is that there is usually only one special dish offered and lately that has been soup. In recent weeks the quality and presentation of the food has improved. Atmosphere is of an authentic French Brasserie.Special Features:
- I was actually disappointedaligirlandannieDined on 4/19/2008I was actually disappointed with your chicken dish. I used to love your roasted chicken, but now, the breast is dry and the sauce isn't really very good. I left half the order. The French fries should be served on the plate if you return to your old recipe, which I would recommend. Several of your glasses had caked on remains from a previous meal. Your knives were not dried properly as they had lots of water spots on them. You have a very small "pour" on your wine. It was disappointing. We may look for a different place to eat before our next play.
- Kendall's Brasserie is a greatRicRacerVIPDined on 4/19/2008Kendall's Brasserie is a great replacement for the old restaurant at the Music Center (Otto's). The food is very good, and great service. The ambiance is much improved, too. It's an enjoyable place to eat before or after the theater.Special Features:
- We were very pleased thatmodernmommyDined on 4/18/2008We were very pleased that although we were almost an hour later than our reservation because our show ran long, they were aware of the delay and promptly seated us.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/17/2008We had a wonderful dinner at Kendall's. The seafood was top notch and out server Sage was knowledgeable and accommodating.Special Features:
- liked everything about it,MallanDined on 4/17/2008liked everything about it, except they were slow to fill water glasses, thus the less than stellar service rating.Special Features:
- Great location for Walt DisneyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/17/2008Great location for Walt Disney Center and Ahmanson Theater. Also great for lunch if one is at the Courthouse. A bit pricey, but not surprisingly for the location.Special Features:
- Although I chose "great forcurtisVIPDined on 4/17/2008Although I chose "great for lunch" from the available choices, I mean "great for lunch" only if you are going to a matinee at Music Center since it allows you to arrive early enough to get a good parking space in the garage. Although I rated service as "poor needs work", I want to stress that this was the fault of the kitchen rather than a very good and attentive waiter who did his absolute best with what he was forced to work with. I have had similar problems with the kitchen in the past.Special Features:
- The young lady who was ouresalmasDined on 4/16/2008The young lady who was our server was excellent -- knowledgeable about the menu and very gracious.Special Features:
- This is a good place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2008This is a good place to dine before going to the theater. They understand that you have a timeline and that makes for a stress-free experience.
- Very attentive service. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2008Very attentive service. Not obtrusive, but timely because we had theatre reservations. Food is consistantly good. We've been coming to this restaurant before the theatre for 30 years. Thank you.Special Features:
- We ate outside so the issueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008We ate outside so the issue of noise was traffic noise which did not bother us. The sercvice was exceptional and our waiter was very helpful and knowlegeable about the wine list.Special Features:
- Patina group does a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/12/2008Patina group does a great job given the circumstances of feeded picky people in rushed times before theater. Poorly trained bus boys let down harried waiters.
- My daughter and I had a veryBV991Dined on 4/12/2008My daughter and I had a very nice dinner, with quick attentive service before we attended the ballet. Thank you.
- This is about the best betOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008This is about the best bet for convenience and quality of food service if you have a show or concert at the Music Center.Special Features:
- Kendall's is convenient forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/12/2008Kendall's is convenient for theatre patrons, the restaurant is very pleasant, service is inconsistent. Their menu is difficult to order from and could use a couple more mainstream lunch options, i.e. chicken sandwich? salmon sandwich? We always order the mussels as that's the only option we find.