Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: (213) 972-7322
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 10:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (38)good for groups (34)late-night find (32)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (30)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (16)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always goodRandyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently good food ; great for Pre-theatre Staff always knows how to get you out in timeSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch option before TheaterDandDVIPDined on 8/3/2014We both really enjoyed the new brunch menu. Nice space, convenient location, great service, fair prices and well prepared food. I definately preferred the experience over Pinot Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for foodgrandmotherVIPDined on 8/3/2014We arrived at 11:45. We had a 1:00 show. Our order was not taken until about 12:05, that was not the wors, our food did not attive until 12:30. That is the last time we will go there.Special Features:
- Great for a pre-theatre meal3Cheers4GoodFoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Kendall's is always a great choice for a pre-theatre meal. Their French onion soup is the best!Special Features:
- eileenDined on 8/2/2014delicious place for pre or post theater dining. Staff is aware of time restraints necessary to serve and have you out in time for curtain.Special Features:
- Consistantly goodLATheatreTravelerDined on 7/30/2014Our server was charming & personable. Kendall's has an excellent bistro menu . Just give yourself enough time if you dine before a performance. The service, though gracious and pleasant, can be rather slow. Not sure if it's a slow kitchen or servers have too many tables to care for? Bread and appetizers were served quickly. But we waited a long time for our entree's. This happened frequently when we dine here. We were there on a weeknight. The restaurant was not full. But the service was a bit slow when it came to our entree's and receiving our check. Even with 2 hours, there was no time for dessert & coffee. The interior is inviting & comfortable. The convenience to park, dine and enjoy a performance all in one location, can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre - theaterGoodeggs123VIPDined on 7/29/2014Great for a pre-theater supper. Great French bistro feel. Not the best mussels we've ever had - but great fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, rushed serviceJorgeZVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had theater that evening at 8:00 PM, so we made diner reservation for 5:30 PM so we could have a leisurely diner. We informed our waiter of this and it didn't seem to make a difference. Once we ordered, they brought the food one dish after another. I guess next time we would order one course at a time to avoid this.Special Features:
- DisappointingpasadenaVIPDined on 7/26/2014To wait nearly half an hour after ording for a sandwich and salad (which was clearly prepared well in advance and was not a "salad") was bad enough. To also have the club sandwich arrive with the toast cold, the potatoes at room temperature, and the bacon uncooked and near raw is a clear sign that this once favorite place for lunch, dinner, or a ba stop for wine and snack will now be avoided. The dining room staff was as professional as ever. The management and the chef need career counseling.
- Kendall''s is Back!duchessdukesDined on 7/26/2014This is my favorite restaurant to dine in pre show at the Music Center, which I attend often ... but alas, I have been very disappointed in the food quality and wait staff for a while (since the institution of the brunch menu and some evenings) - but no more! the last few times my food was cold and I just cannot enjoy it that way, and sent it back. But this time, Chateau Steak piping hot, along with all the sides. Now I did ask for them to be sure and bring it to me when ready and not wait, but I wasn't disappointed. My friend also had a delicious quiche. The service was great. I hope this keeps up and then we are back to Kendall's being a great fine-dining affordable experience.Special Features:
- The following 2519 reviews are from the Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews archive.
- Usual Great Food, Service HarriedcrablouisDined on 7/23/2014We love Kendall's. It's been a reliable pre-theater dinner, with wonderful food and knowledgeable, personable service. I hope that the service remains top drawer. It seemed a bit short handed this time.Special Features:
- BruinKenDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I shared a 2-person, corner "quiter" table on a Tuesday evening, prior to taking in "We Will Rock You" at the Ahmanson Theater (a fun production and definitely recommended). The food was excellent, as usual. That said, the restaurant ambience, while very nice as to decor, is still very noisy. Worse, though the wait staff was very cordial, we had to ask multiple times for items (extra butter, etc.), and there must have been problems in the kitchen, as our main course was delivered way late, and we ended up being there for 1.5 hours (most of the time spent waiting for food).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive ServiceAmylaDined on 7/22/2014Great service & very relaxed especially for a solo diner.Special Features:
- Good food ... good serviceJudyVIPDined on 7/20/2014As usual, Kendall's was a great brunch destination. Good food. And exceptional service from Carol; thanks.Special Features:
- Perfect for Pre-Theatre Diningsdr1066Dined on 7/19/2014Great place to eat prior to attending an event at the Disney Concert Hall or the Music Center. You're going to get great food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Well, the Desert Was Fine...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014My steak tartare had some spice in in that I did not care for. Never experienced in steak tartare before. So I guess I should be glad that the portion was tiny. The salad didn't have enough dressing and the waitstaff was busy. Mousse good.
- Before matineeluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014Noon reservation, performance at 2pm. Seated and served quickly (restaurant not full, same day as World Cup and Dodger game), food was delicious, pistachio ice cream the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theaterAndreDined on 7/12/2014My restaurant of choice whenever I go to the Music Center for a show. Never lets me down!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch17foodfreakVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had brunch before a matinee at the Taper, and it was delightful! The lemon ricotta pancakes were sensational -- loved them! The nicoise salad could have used a more flavorful dressing -- it was bland, although the tuna and vegetables were beautifully presented and very fresh. Bread was great, as usual! Desserts sounded delicious, although we were too full to try one. Next time -- this is our favorite restaurant at the Music Center!Special Features:
- marcyDined on 7/12/2014brunch was delicious- service great since we were there pre-ballet. all in all a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Pre-Ballet AppetizerWineCopVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is the most convenient dining location to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and probably the best. Consistently great food and service. This time I had the best lamb loin I can recall having, preceded by the escargo provincale, also delicious. Desert was a chocolate fondant with pistachio ice cream. The wine list is sufficiently comprehensive, although somewhat pricey. However, the Sommelier's offerings were discounted 20% and brought those bottles more in line with the majority of restaurants. We had a highly rated 2010 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet that was more within my expected restaurant markup after the discount. The only negative: I asked for a table adjacent to a wall, but ours was also next to a view blocking pillar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kendall's Gets Better and BetterJudyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Varied abd interesting menu. Love the white ffish with Meyer lemon. Heavier fare such as short ribs and cassoulet are outstanding. A continuing commitment to service and to the customer show clearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch PlaceStefanVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had brunch there, the patio outside the restaurant was just perfect for this hot sunday. Smoked salmon Benedict, pancakes, fruit platter, capuchin and mimosa. Nothing to add, just a great spot.Special Features:
- edwardDined on 7/6/2014We drive in from Tehachapi for a matinee and eat there before we go - it is so convenient and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Music Center OptionHomecook100VIPDined on 7/2/2014Going to a show at the Music Center/Disney Hall, then Kendall's is a great options.Special Features:
- At the Music CenterSteveVIPDined on 7/1/2014What a lovely place to go before the theater. The drinks were good and the food, tasty. A good way to start the evening.Special Features:
- Good stop before the Disney CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014Great Brunch. Great Service. Quick in and out before the concert. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014came here for a bite before a show at the disney, was pleasantly surprised at what i found. my date was running late so i ended up just sitting at the bar for a glass of wine and an appetizer while i waited, ended up staying for the whole meal since our bartender was so pleasant and even came back for a drink after the show. great alternative to patina across the street for a pre or post-theatre bite!Special Features:
- Pre-Theater DiningElegantbearDined on 6/28/2014We arrived 30 minutes early for a Saturday evening reservation and were seated right away. We promptly received our water, however, it was more than 10 minutes before we saw a server. We had the chef's choice charcuterie which was the typical commercial, non-artisan meat that surprisingly included a Mortadella that looked and tasted like it came from an Oscar Meyer package. One entree was Chicken Tagine with cous cous which could have used more of the Moroccan spices that were supposed to be in it. The other entree was the Short Rib with mashed potato and spinach which was tasty, but not exceptional. All and all, the meal was good and the service was satisfactory.
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/28/2014Very disappointing.would think twice before coming back
- Loved itbritts833Dined on 6/27/2014Great place to fine before going to a concert or show. Staff is very attentive to time constraintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImprovinglunchbunchVIPDined on 6/27/2014Have eaten there many times as it is convenient to the Music Center venues. I have usually been disappointed as the menu choices were so-so and surprised at the quite high cost. However this time we were pleasantly surprised. The two dishes we ordered were exceptional. I hope this means someone new in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Serviceluv2boutDined on 6/24/2014We have dined here many times before and the wait staff have been fun and upbeat but this time it was very subdued and our waiter couldn't have been more unfriendly. Food in the past has been great but this time it was fair to good. I'm not certain what's going on here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service tops the foodpennycatDined on 6/22/2014The hostess, bar tender and server made us feel like royalty with their attentiveness and smiles. The attention was genuine and not overdone. It's too bad the food doesn't quite make the same impression. For the prices, I expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing lunch!gmarchDined on 6/21/2014We had the Jumbo Lump Crab salad with avacado, green beans and grapefruit! It was fabulous. Service is always wonderful.Special Features:
- A hit and missWeepulsDined on 6/20/2014Kendall's is a comforting establishment with satisfying food, great cocktails, good ambiance, and usually, great service. However, the latter was not the case last visit. The server was, according to management," getting acquainted with the organization", a safe explanation for admitting the server did not know much about serving The wait was inappropriately long, and our reservations were for 10 pm. A regrettable mistake since Kendall's is part of the Patina Group, which provides in my opinion, some of the best and most qualitative as well as innovative, food experiences in Southern California. Great service has always been present to complement my dining experience. Kendall's needs to vindicate itself, and restore excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Pre-theater DinnerPeterinRedondoDined on 6/20/2014The location makes this the perfect venue for a pre-theater dinner for any of the Music Center Theaters including the Walt Disney Hall. They are specially welcoming to theater goers and ensure that you can enjoy your dinner and still stroll comfortably to your theater on time. The menu is small but caters to all tastes with something special for everybody. My Three Herring Salad as an appetizer was a treat and the Cassoulet Toulousain emphasized the French ambience. We were particularly struck by the attentive but inconspicuous service. Dinner at Kendall's Brasserie before the theater can ensure that a simple visit to the theater is a special occasion.Special Features:
- If you are at the Music CenterFoodie135Dined on 6/20/2014Nice restaurant to eat at before you go see your performance. A little expensive but if you are in a time crunch this would be your option.Special Features:
- Tuesday vs FridayFrancefriendlyDined on 6/17/2014There was quite a difference in the service and food. The bread usually so fresh, was dry; the Tuesday special was not available, so I chose the cassoulet which was lacking flavor; the meat was good but the beans were undercooked. We go to this restaurant several times during the year and we've noticed that in the last couple of months the overall experience has been less enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/14/2014We have dined at Kendall's many times in the past before attending the theater. This time the service was deplorable. This is a restaurant that specializes in pre-theater dining, so is used to seating and serving within a small time window. A drink refill took a half hour to complete after ordering. This is totally unacceptable. Food is good, but I spent the whole time trying to find the server and catch her eye.