Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: 2139727322x
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 11:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
224 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)great for lunch (68)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (56)great for brunch (55)romantic (44)notable wine list (35)good for groups (35)late-night find (29)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (13)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- opera opening night 930 dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014the restaurant was very busy after opera and our waiter barely came around, he had too many tables so we didn't get the good service you would expect with the high prices...Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysbaaramuDined on 8/22/2014Took clients here Friday night before seeing "We will Rock You"--the service was stellar and the food was fantastic--never disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014I arrived about 45 minutes early, as the freeway traffic was on my side (for once). I planned on sitting outside and having a glass of wine or inside at the bar to wait on my friend...but thought I'd ask if I would be able to be seated at my table even though my friend had not arrived yet. The host said, 'of course'. My waiter was amazing. He knew I was going to be waiting and he didn't bat an eye. He made me feel comfortable; brought my drink; checked on me to be sure I didn't need anything. I have to say...you don't get that kind of service everywhere. Typically, they will not seat you because they want the table turned over. My waiter (sorry, forgot your name) and the restaurant were wonderful! Thanks!
- SteveVIPDined on 8/20/2014Patina wonderful food served in a very pleasant setting, with style and attentiveness - best possible place to go if you are at the courthouseSpecial Features:
- Kendall'sbobsdiningDined on 8/19/2014If you have a show to see at the LA Music Center, this is a great option. You can arrive early to avoid all the crowds at show time. You can park across the street, thus avoiding the lines of cars waiting to exit the Music Center parking lot after the show. The table is reserved ahead of time. Food and service are very high quality. When the show time nears you simply walk upstairs and you're there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner before theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food served promptly from the kitchen, great wait service, nice ambiance. We ordered the steak and the stripped bass, both served with its own starch and vegetable. We shared a cheese selection, a salad and the creme brulee dessert! Come early so you can come and enjoy the food and mood before the theater. Definitely would come again if we were ever at the Music Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The staff were friendly and attentive. Here is some feed back for changes that would improve the food for us. 1. The shrimp cocktail sauce was very difficult to get to [the leaves were eliminating assess]. The shrimp were good. 2. The cheese appetizer was disappointing. Brie replaced the camembert we were expecting. 3. The Chateau steak was good. The béarnaise sauce was great. The roasted tomato was interesting. The pommes frites maison were well prepared but we felt that something less ordinary would have made the entree more memorable. The bread was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before Theater findTravels2dineVIPDined on 8/12/2014Although I felt our service was a bit rushed...it seemed we had barely completed our appetizer and the entree was served, it was a lovely dining experience. Their Onion soup is the best in town! Always excellent. I had a healthy choice, sea bass and veggies and my friend had the steak and fries. Both very good.Special Features:
- Perfect bistrodineswithwolvesVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Patina Group really know how to run a restaurant. Great food in an authentic atmosphere served by friendly people. The only place to go when you're seeing something at the Music Center.Special Features:
- TimingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We had an event at the Opera house at 6 & they led us to our table when we arrived which was 4:45 & before formally open. That kindness took the pressure off & we could enjoy the meal & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING BRUNCH!BalbertDined on 8/10/2014We've always loved Kendall's for dinner. It's our fav place to have dinner before the theater. This Sunday we tried it for Brunch. What a wonderful surprise. They offered a wonderful menu and each dish was not only delicious but so beautifully presented. Our waiter was a gem! Orders were perfect, attention was given to every detail and he was such a friendly and informative guy. Definitely a must in the downtown area!!!Special Features:
- Love the new menu!hatboxVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great egg scramble. Wonderful variety on the new 2014 menu.Special Features:
- Kendall's is mixedLadydi7VIPDined on 8/10/2014Kendall's ok for Sunday Brunch. Food ok not great.... Our waiter brusque and rushed... Poor service... But when going to the Ahmanson they get a captive audience ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice before theaterLACTGregularDined on 8/9/2014After sitting in traffic to get downtown for a play, it's great to have a place like Kendall's to relax and shake off the drive and prepare for a fabulous theatrical evening. Service is tailored for your needs. I love the little side room where you can talk and hear without yelling. Wonderful comfort food. Comfortable and friendly. Perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but......LamaddogDined on 8/9/2014Our experiences at Kendall's have usually been good. However, this time, we ordered the rotisserie chicken and found it salty and uninviting. The carrot soup and the cold tomato soup were both excellent and the service was very attentive as usual. We would definitely go back but will not order the chicken in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for TheaterRitaDined on 8/8/2014While a great location for the theater district in downtown L.A. (adjacent to underground parking), the food and service was mediocre. The menu selections were staid and true and not very inventive. Hopefully, we won't be back unless timing issues on theatrical productions warrant it.
- dining before a showWeezyCDined on 8/7/2014I've been going to Kendalls for years now , before each show at the amahson, The cocktails are very good and the food ranges from edible to good, nothing will wow you here, except maybe the french onion soup or the soup of the day, It's also pricey just cause it can be, and the wine prices are way too high (we always bring a bottle) the service is very friendly!
- awesome food & servicegreat1Dined on 8/6/2014I took my girlfriend to Kendall's Brasserie before the theater. They gave us a really nice booth. It was her birthday. The service was great. Prompt, courteous, informative and helpful. Everyone- the maitre'd, the waiter, the busboys were extremely well mannered and gave excellent service. She had steak, I had fish. The food was amazing!!! We go to great restaurants and I was actually quite shocked at how good the food was at Kendall's Brasserie. I will definitely go back and recommend it to anyone going to the theater in dowtown LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRandyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Consistently good food ; great for Pre-theatre Staff always knows how to get you out in timeSpecial Features:
- Great Brunch option before TheaterDandDVIPDined on 8/3/2014We both really enjoyed the new brunch menu. Nice space, convenient location, great service, fair prices and well prepared food. I definately preferred the experience over Pinot Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for foodgrandmotherDined on 8/3/2014We arrived at 11:45. We had a 1:00 show. Our order was not taken until about 12:05, that was not the wors, our food did not attive until 12:30. That is the last time we will go there.Special Features:
- Great for a pre-theatre meal3Cheers4GoodFoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014Kendall's is always a great choice for a pre-theatre meal. Their French onion soup is the best!Special Features:
- eileenDined on 8/2/2014delicious place for pre or post theater dining. Staff is aware of time restraints necessary to serve and have you out in time for curtain.Special Features:
- Consistantly goodLATheatreTravelerDined on 7/30/2014Our server was charming & personable. Kendall's has an excellent bistro menu . Just give yourself enough time if you dine before a performance. The service, though gracious and pleasant, can be rather slow. Not sure if it's a slow kitchen or servers have too many tables to care for? Bread and appetizers were served quickly. But we waited a long time for our entree's. This happened frequently when we dine here. We were there on a weeknight. The restaurant was not full. But the service was a bit slow when it came to our entree's and receiving our check. Even with 2 hours, there was no time for dessert & coffee. The interior is inviting & comfortable. The convenience to park, dine and enjoy a performance all in one location, can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre - theaterGoodeggs123Dined on 7/29/2014Great for a pre-theater supper. Great French bistro feel. Not the best mussels we've ever had - but great fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, rushed serviceJorgeZVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had theater that evening at 8:00 PM, so we made diner reservation for 5:30 PM so we could have a leisurely diner. We informed our waiter of this and it didn't seem to make a difference. Once we ordered, they brought the food one dish after another. I guess next time we would order one course at a time to avoid this.Special Features:
- DisappointingpasadenaVIPDined on 7/26/2014To wait nearly half an hour after ording for a sandwich and salad (which was clearly prepared well in advance and was not a "salad") was bad enough. To also have the club sandwich arrive with the toast cold, the potatoes at room temperature, and the bacon uncooked and near raw is a clear sign that this once favorite place for lunch, dinner, or a ba stop for wine and snack will now be avoided. The dining room staff was as professional as ever. The management and the chef need career counseling.
- Kendall''s is Back!duchessdukesDined on 7/26/2014This is my favorite restaurant to dine in pre show at the Music Center, which I attend often ... but alas, I have been very disappointed in the food quality and wait staff for a while (since the institution of the brunch menu and some evenings) - but no more! the last few times my food was cold and I just cannot enjoy it that way, and sent it back. But this time, Chateau Steak piping hot, along with all the sides. Now I did ask for them to be sure and bring it to me when ready and not wait, but I wasn't disappointed. My friend also had a delicious quiche. The service was great. I hope this keeps up and then we are back to Kendall's being a great fine-dining affordable experience.Special Features:
- Usual Great Food, Service HarriedcrablouisDined on 7/23/2014We love Kendall's. It's been a reliable pre-theater dinner, with wonderful food and knowledgeable, personable service. I hope that the service remains top drawer. It seemed a bit short handed this time.Special Features:
- BruinKenDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I shared a 2-person, corner "quiter" table on a Tuesday evening, prior to taking in "We Will Rock You" at the Ahmanson Theater (a fun production and definitely recommended). The food was excellent, as usual. That said, the restaurant ambience, while very nice as to decor, is still very noisy. Worse, though the wait staff was very cordial, we had to ask multiple times for items (extra butter, etc.), and there must have been problems in the kitchen, as our main course was delivered way late, and we ended up being there for 1.5 hours (most of the time spent waiting for food).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive ServiceAmylaDined on 7/22/2014Great service & very relaxed especially for a solo diner.Special Features:
- Good food ... good serviceJudyVIPDined on 7/20/2014As usual, Kendall's was a great brunch destination. Good food. And exceptional service from Carol; thanks.Special Features:
- Perfect for Pre-Theatre Diningsdr1066Dined on 7/19/2014Great place to eat prior to attending an event at the Disney Concert Hall or the Music Center. You're going to get great food and great serviceSpecial Features:
- Well, the Desert Was Fine...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014My steak tartare had some spice in in that I did not care for. Never experienced in steak tartare before. So I guess I should be glad that the portion was tiny. The salad didn't have enough dressing and the waitstaff was busy. Mousse good.
- Before matineeluv2dineDined on 7/13/2014Noon reservation, performance at 2pm. Seated and served quickly (restaurant not full, same day as World Cup and Dodger game), food was delicious, pistachio ice cream the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theaterAndreDined on 7/12/2014My restaurant of choice whenever I go to the Music Center for a show. Never lets me down!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunch17foodfreakVIPDined on 7/12/2014We had brunch before a matinee at the Taper, and it was delightful! The lemon ricotta pancakes were sensational -- loved them! The nicoise salad could have used a more flavorful dressing -- it was bland, although the tuna and vegetables were beautifully presented and very fresh. Bread was great, as usual! Desserts sounded delicious, although we were too full to try one. Next time -- this is our favorite restaurant at the Music Center!Special Features:
- marcyDined on 7/12/2014brunch was delicious- service great since we were there pre-ballet. all in all a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Pre-Ballet AppetizerWineCopDined on 7/11/2014This is the most convenient dining location to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and probably the best. Consistently great food and service. This time I had the best lamb loin I can recall having, preceded by the escargo provincale, also delicious. Desert was a chocolate fondant with pistachio ice cream. The wine list is sufficiently comprehensive, although somewhat pricey. However, the Sommelier's offerings were discounted 20% and brought those bottles more in line with the majority of restaurants. We had a highly rated 2010 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet that was more within my expected restaurant markup after the discount. The only negative: I asked for a table adjacent to a wall, but ours was also next to a view blocking pillar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kendall's Gets Better and BetterJudyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Varied abd interesting menu. Love the white ffish with Meyer lemon. Heavier fare such as short ribs and cassoulet are outstanding. A continuing commitment to service and to the customer show clearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.