Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: 2139727322x
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 11:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (61)neighborhood gem (56)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (41)romantic (35)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (14)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Go-to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/26/2014Such a great casual yet sophisticated place before the theatre or philharmonic, especially for matinees. Great location, fine to sit indoors or out. It does Paris bistro food much better than Paris! Everything we ate was excellent with fresh flavors and friendly presentation -- Croque Monsieur, crab salad and creme brûlée wonderful, with good choice of wines by the glass. Service terrific as always. Hope the Brasserie stays in business foreverSpecial Features:
- A Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Our second visit to Kendall's was a good as our first. Seated promptly. Service attentive and timely. Food excellent. They surprised us with champagne and a complimentary dessert (unexpected) for our anniversary celebration. Easy parking at the Music Center adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and convenient to the theatresOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014We had brunch before matinee. Giant size burger, salad, Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame all looked and tasted good. Easy place to go before theatre and concerts, since it is right by the Music Center and Disney Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-performancecarnivoreDined on 10/24/2014Great French Bistro food in a pleasant enviornment. They are very helpful to be sure you will be on time for for opening curtain.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchShaeDined on 10/23/2014I had an amazing lunch here. Food was superb, wine was perfect, ambiance was elegant. Service a bit slow but perfectly polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Music CenterJoanDined on 10/22/2014If you are going to the Music Center, this is convenient and tasty. It is many dishes that are close to what you would get in Paris.
- A Perfect Quiet Birthday DinnerJulestwaDined on 10/22/2014I took a good friend to Kendall's for a birthday dinner before going to the theatre. I had reservations...we were a little late due to L. A. traffic. We were seated immediately at a nice quiet little table, as I had indicated in my reservation request. Our waiter was attentive and got us in and out in time for the 8:00 curtain. The food was served promptly and was delicious...but, I must say...pricey! My friend had the onion soup, I had the Nicoise Salad, we split the Calamari Casserole, and each had a glass of Pinot Noir. Delicious! We enjoyed and will defintely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful StaffUnhappyDined on 10/21/2014The staff at Kendall's currently is the best in years. Starting from Savannah at the Hostess station to the extra special attention all the wait staff that is afforded to customers. Heather, our waitress, was extremely engaging and is a must for us on our next visit. The assistants kept the bread, tea and coffee filled until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke warm entresPattDined on 10/19/2014Sent back two fish entres to be reheated. They were returned to us only warm. One chicken entre was not sent back because they thought it was ok to eat it luke warm. Had to ask for salt and pepper which came from another table. Maybe not enough servers for the busy pre-concert hour??Special Features:
- What did you do to the hamburger?evieVIPDined on 10/19/2014The hamburger was somewhat different than it usually is - cooked to perfection, but something was off from my previous orders. However, love the restaurant, love our little corner in the wine room - and the service is always wonderful.Special Features:
- At The Music CenterMrHillDined on 10/18/2014Always a very good meal before the Ahmanson. Food, wine and service excellent.Special Features:
- MwbslpDined on 10/18/2014We sat at the bar and both bartenders were quite good. Food was mediocre at best and overpriced.
- great for pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Charming Parisian atmosphere, food is excellent, and it's right in the Music Center. That makes it a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabrixxDined on 10/14/2014Very good service, great ambiance and good Food. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelyjomarie10Dined on 10/14/2014Love to eat here before the theater. The Chateau Steak is m favoriteSpecial Features:
- LoriVIPDined on 10/12/2014Kendall's Brasserie is always a great dinning experience. Great place to go before the theatre or Disney Hall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Service and food was lack luster and over priced. I've been here before and was impressed, but this experience was quite the opposite.
- Kendall's for brunch17foodfreakVIPDined on 10/12/2014We've had many meals at Kendall's before a performance at the Music Center. It's always been good, but brunch on Sunday was the exception. While we were seated promptly and pleasantly, and the waitress was very nice and obliging, the service was actually very slow -- and we had arrived when the place was not at all crowded. The explanation was that we had ordered a fruit plate first and should have ordered it to be served with the rest of our meal. Really??? In addition, the food was very ordinary when it did arrive. Hoping for a better experience next time we go there. It's convenient, but wasn't much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maddogDined on 10/11/2014We ordered a bottle of Chardonnay. It was way too warm. By the time it got cold in the ice bucket, we were finished our dinner.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 10/11/2014Perfect lunch! Professional staff and the perfect atmosphere. My Salmon Benedict was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousPlaywright55VIPDined on 10/9/2014Food is wonderful as is the service. Highly recommend for any type of event or date or evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent before a show...capriciousbDined on 10/7/2014On Grand right next to the Dorothy Chandler. Immediate seating for the two of us with our 6:15 reservation on a Tuesday night, though it took a little while before we were attended to by a waiter. There is an extensive wine list, and a varied menu. The food came within ten minutes after ordering which was great since we didn't want to be rushed. We had the steak and the short rib. Both were cooked to order and very tender. Water glasses were refilled regularly, our waiter checked on us at least twice. We had the apple tart for dessert and it was delicious. The bar is very inviting, has a couple of tv's but was not very busy on the night we were there. We will certainly return to Kendall's and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceronimomDined on 9/27/2014We came here to eat before going to the theater. We were stuck in traffic and called and told them we'd be late and they said no problem, they'd hold our table. When we got to the restaurant, we were seated immediately. Our waiter was very attentive and our food arrived quickly and hot. Our meals were very, very good. This is our new favorite place to eat before going to the Music Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive!CarolVIPDined on 9/27/2014Kendall's has raised their prices too high! The value is not there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulesVIPDined on 9/24/2014I used to think of this place as more of an "older crowd" restaurant and expensive. It may have been around for awhile, but recently I learned that it is not old and stuffy. There's a vibrant lunch crowd (mostly from the courts across the street) and their food and service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Am DisappointedLarryTVIPDined on 9/23/2014After specifically mentioning in my reservation that some of our party are hard of hearing, we were seated in the middle of the room.
- BalazsRobertDined on 9/23/2014Excellent restaurant in every respect. Dining here makes the Music Center "experience" even more special.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre-Theatre DiningGreatExpectationsDined on 9/23/2014The service is excellent, the food is great - it's a wonderful place to start your evening at the Music Center, regardless of the event you're going to see. They ask you if you're there for a show, and make sure that you get through your meal - without feeling rushed - in time to be in your seats when the curtain goes up. The short rib is amazing, the lamb loin is excellent, they make great french onion soup and the carrot-ginger soup that was the soup of the day was so good I wanted to lick the bowl.Special Features:
- SabrinaVIPDined on 9/23/2014I dined at Kendall twice within the last 30 days, due to the performances in the Music City. The food was very good and service was superb. This is a perfect place to enjoy a pre-show dinner and a post-show night cap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014Perfect location when going to the Opera. The food was good, the hostess was so wonderful and made up for our salads not being delivered by offering us a lovely cheese plate after dinner.Special Features:
- Old World Charmcsr125Dined on 9/23/2014Kendall's Brasserie is a great spot to dine before going to the opera, or any other performance at The Music Center, as it is right under the Dorothy Chandler pavilion. The food and service are excellent. What sets it apart for me is the Old World European charm.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/23/2014mediocre food and exceptionally high prices for wineSpecial Features:
- Always GoodTadleyDined on 9/21/2014We go to Kendall's when we are at the Music Center or Disney Hall. It is always nice. I have to confess, however, that I did not like their brunch menu very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the Skirt Steak for BrunchGailMarie123Dined on 9/21/2014I really miss the skirt steak that they eliminated when they moved to a brunch menu on Sundays. I'm a diabetic, and the skirt steak (with spinach or salad) was perfect. The chateau steak meal is too big for brunch (and I can't eat the pommes frites); I'm left eating a hamburger (sans bun) and side salad. I wish they'd bring it back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Park once for the music center / great dining most of the time
- Good news, bad newsalacarteVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to Kendall's before the theater. Some of the dishes were excellent-- the calamari casserole, and some were terrible-- the over-salted moules frites. Did no one taste the moules before serving them?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed brunch before matineeCCMomVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went to see a weekend matinee performance of The Trip to Bountiful and enjoyed a very tasty brunch at Kendall's - poached eggs, asparagus, spinach, roasted tomato, potatoes and their french bread and butter. Very reasonably priced for the convenient location and the delicious meal. Dinners tend to be far more expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- voicesofspringDined on 9/19/2014Thanks I always enjoy my visits to Kendall's. My son had his wedding dinner there. Reservations are always honored. The staff is quick and professional and always listens . love that. it is so convenient before the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAOperaLAOperaDined on 9/17/2014We ate here before the opera, so it was very convenient. Service was friendly and quick at the beginning of our dining experience, but after we got our main course, the server was no where to be found. They were very busy, but it was a long wait, and then we felt rushed with desert.Special Features:
- opera opening night 930 dinnerScarlattDined on 9/13/2014the restaurant was very busy after opera and our waiter barely came around, he had too many tables so we didn't get the good service you would expect with the high prices...Special Features: