Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
135 N. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/kendallsBrasserie/
- Phone: (213) 972-7322
- Hours of Operation:
View Spring Hours Here:
Saturday - Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–2:30PM
Saturday and Sunday 10:30AM - 3PM
WEEKEND MATINEE LUNCH
Saturdays and Sundays 10:30AM–2:30PM
(On matinee performance dates only)
Tuesday – Sunday 5PM–Close
Dinner and Supper seating closes 1 hour after the final performance.
Monday – Friday 11:30AM–Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Bosc
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Please call 213 972 3028 for more information.
A word from Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center
Kendall's is a stylish, fast-paced French brasserie offering Contemporary cuisine for lunch, dinner and late supper. **Guests who are attending performances at the Music Center/Disney Concert Hall must make their dinner reservations two hours in advance of the performance time. Guests not allowing two hours risk missing the performance.**Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kendall’s Brasserie at The Music Center reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)fit for foodies (61)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (41)great for brunch (38)good for groups (34)late-night find (32)romantic (31)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (16)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Overpriced Kendall'sLeftyVIPDined on 11/19/2014If you must eat downtown, your choices providing value for your money are limited. Kendall's has a good location, but is overpriced in my opinion and has a limited menu with overpriced wines. Go to a good Chinese restaurant instead.
- Perfect for before the theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Food was well-prepared, good service, perfect for before a concert at Walt Disney hall.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-theater diningJrrrDined on 11/16/2014Our waiter come over within a minute of seating to take our drink order. The french onion soup, rich and delicious arrived piping hot! The Brasserie salad was perfectly dressed and easily shared with two. Loved all of our dinner selections, but the rotisserie chicken was the biggest hit. With 20 minutes to go we walked leisurely to the Mark Taper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to start an evening at the OperaHappyDinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Kendall's Brasserie is everything you want from a night out that includes music or performances at the Music Center. The food is classic, well prepared, and always well presented. On this evening, both of us ordered beef - one a steak cooked medium and one tartare. Each arrived at the table in fine form and excellent taste. It's always our first go-to restaurant whenever we have plans in the area - and will continue to be into the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub Par ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014For regular attendees to the opera and theater at the Music Center, Kendall's offers the best facility for pre show dining. The facility and food are excellent. We dine 15 to 18 times per year. Lately the service has slipped to the point that we are looking for other options. Last night we were seated promptly upon arrival but 15 minutes passed and we had not seen or heard from a waiter. We mentioned this to a manager who said that they would send someone…10 more minutes passed and a waiter came and said that they would see us soon, finally arriving after 5 more minutes. We got an apology and were promised her best service for the rest of the meal…No! Pre meal drinks were slow arriving and service was spotty to the end. We have experienced similar service several times recently. It seems to usually be the same waiters. Maybe management needs to focus on performance; competent staff are available!
- ReliabletrgmooreDined on 11/14/2014We love Kendall's because we know we can get a good meal there with good service and still make it to our play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theatherTheather1Dined on 11/13/2014Not only is Kendall's convenient to the theathers it is very good! I have enjoyed the food and ambience prior to going to theather performances for years. The staff is professional and always pleasant and accommodating. Food is consistent and bar very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretheater Challenge Mastered!scisurfVIPDined on 11/12/2014Because of a work emergency, the leisurely 2 hours I had budgeted for a pretheater meal was cut to under an hour. Kendall's managed to serve my wife and I a delicious meal (modified for my wife's allergies), and did so so quickly that we didn't even feel rushed! I honestly had no right to expect the waitstaff and kitchen to perform as quickly as they did, but we had food within just a few minutes of ordering, prompt wine service, and the waiter appeared at the moment I was about to ask for the check (I think he had noticed me look up). On top of all of that, everything was absolutely delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VaughnDined on 11/12/2014Always Enjoy Kendalls !!! Service is great and atmopshere is lively and pretty - good varied menu and greta barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night gem at Music CenterCRinLAVIPDined on 11/8/2014Kendall's has been a mainstay for us at the Music Center. Sooo very convenient to leave your car in the garage, have a great meal and allow the crowd to go! While the late night menu is somewhat limited, you can't go wrong with the Chateau Steak. Very flavorful and well prepared. Actually need to go back during the day to enjoy the other menu items.Special Features:
- clara2beansDined on 11/8/2014we had an event at the Walt Disney hall and we were very pleased with the choice of the restaurant was our first time and definitely we will go back in fact I want to take my husband an daughter for a dinner soon thank you for great evening.Special Features:
- Good for before a show or DT dinnerphiletosVIPDined on 11/7/2014Went before a show at the theater downtown. The food was great. The service was amazing. I was a little on the fence because the yelp reviews were mixed but the guy I was going with has great luck at picking good restaurants so I was in! I'm glad we went. Fist, before I talk about the food, was the experience. The hostess sat us at a great table and was super friendly. We talked throughout the meal. Turns out she was from Provence and I'd been there for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. We bonded over food, farmer's markets and how much we both like Thanksgiving. And the food, amazing. We went classical French. Had the house made pate. Awesome. I had the rabbit. So good. If it's on the menu get it! Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-opera brunchRandyDined on 11/2/2014This is such a charming restaurant with a versitile menu, delightful staff, beautiful environment, and in close proximity to the Dorothy Chandler Theater. Brunch was lovely - well paced, with plenty of time to enjoy but still arrive in plenty of time for the curtain. The menu offered an array of egg dishes including salmon benedict and croque monsieur, even bagel and lox. There were also soups, sandwiches and salads, as well as a few entree style dishes. Truly something for every taste and whim. We will certainly come again and again. Do make reservations well in advance. This is a very popular venue with its proximity to the Dorothy Chandler, Ahmanson, and Disney Concert Hall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014Hmmm. Food was so-so. Eggs were cold as was spinach.Special Features:
- location... location, periodDarcyDined on 11/1/2014Kendall's is located in the Music Center so it is in convenient proximity to the Walt Disney Concert Hall. We had a 6:00 reservation and were seated promptly. The service was friendly and fast assuring that we would get to our concert in plenty of time. Unfortunately, those 2 qualities alone seem to be enough for the restaurant to thrive. The food selection is standard, the quality is average, at best, and pricey.
- Another great experienceJannVIPDined on 11/1/2014Love going to Kendalls before I go to the Music Center or Disney Hall. EZ to Park, decent food, nice people! Feels very cityish! Keep it up!Special Features:
- Good late dining after the AhmansonAhmansonLateDined on 10/31/2014Our show ran long, which made us late for our reservation, but Kendall’s Brasserie was still able to seat us. We waited at least 10 minutes before someone showed up at the host station, this was while the bartender saw several people waiting. My next issue was the menu. In advance I checked online to see what was offered due to limitations as to what my guest could eat. I immediately noticed that the menu offerings online were missing from the menu offerings at the restaurant. We were very disappointed and considered leaving, especially after the seating issue. We stayed and ordered what we could and found the meal and service to quickly erased our initial regrets. I recommend Kendall’s Brasserie, especially for dining after 10 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to Disney/Music CenterJohnandKevinDined on 10/31/2014Great choice for dinner post-show at the Music Center and Walt Disney Concert Hall. Also nice for a very quiet dinner during the showtimes if you're not attending them. :-) Part of the Patina group, so food not spectacular but still high quality and good, friendly service. Have added an Absinthe element to their bar menu, would like to go back just for that. A specific highlight of our meal was the bread, very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around good experienceBarbaraDined on 10/30/2014I dine at Kendall's 4-5 times per year in conjunction with outings to the Music Center. It is a consistently good experience. We left ourselves an extra 20 minutes this time because we did not want to be rushed, and it was well worth it because we were able to start with a cocktail and linger over dessert/coffee...highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night at the TheaterAnniversary32Dined on 10/30/2014We go to Kendall's because it is convenient to the Music Center. The food is fair and certainly not worth the expensive prices. The service is always good and the ambience lovely.
- Pre theater diningladineDined on 10/30/2014My first time visiting Kendalls for lunch we were seated quickly however lunch service was marginal. The settings were missing, service was inconsistent, meals presented incorrectly. The rockfish was nicely prepared however my friend's salmon was overly garnished with capers. I will try again maybe for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifulfoodandmusic42Dined on 10/30/2014Great location, good food, fair prices. The ambiance and people watching is superior. The brunch was excellent and very well priced!Special Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Special of the day was not available. Waiter did not advise me until after I had ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go-to placeTriptotsDined on 10/26/2014Such a great casual yet sophisticated place before the theatre or philharmonic, especially for matinees. Great location, fine to sit indoors or out. It does Paris bistro food much better than Paris! Everything we ate was excellent with fresh flavors and friendly presentation -- Croque Monsieur, crab salad and creme brûlée wonderful, with good choice of wines by the glass. Service terrific as always. Hope the Brasserie stays in business foreverSpecial Features:
- A Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Our second visit to Kendall's was a good as our first. Seated promptly. Service attentive and timely. Food excellent. They surprised us with champagne and a complimentary dessert (unexpected) for our anniversary celebration. Easy parking at the Music Center adjacent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and convenient to the theatresKGSLADined on 10/25/2014We had brunch before matinee. Giant size burger, salad, Croque Monsieur and Croque Madame all looked and tasted good. Easy place to go before theatre and concerts, since it is right by the Music Center and Disney Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-performancecarnivoreDined on 10/24/2014Great French Bistro food in a pleasant enviornment. They are very helpful to be sure you will be on time for for opening curtain.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchShaeDined on 10/23/2014I had an amazing lunch here. Food was superb, wine was perfect, ambiance was elegant. Service a bit slow but perfectly polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Music CenterJoanDined on 10/22/2014If you are going to the Music Center, this is convenient and tasty. It is many dishes that are close to what you would get in Paris.
- A Perfect Quiet Birthday DinnerJulestwaDined on 10/22/2014I took a good friend to Kendall's for a birthday dinner before going to the theatre. I had reservations...we were a little late due to L. A. traffic. We were seated immediately at a nice quiet little table, as I had indicated in my reservation request. Our waiter was attentive and got us in and out in time for the 8:00 curtain. The food was served promptly and was delicious...but, I must say...pricey! My friend had the onion soup, I had the Nicoise Salad, we split the Calamari Casserole, and each had a glass of Pinot Noir. Delicious! We enjoyed and will defintely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful StaffUnhappyDined on 10/21/2014The staff at Kendall's currently is the best in years. Starting from Savannah at the Hostess station to the extra special attention all the wait staff that is afforded to customers. Heather, our waitress, was extremely engaging and is a must for us on our next visit. The assistants kept the bread, tea and coffee filled until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luke warm entresPattDined on 10/19/2014Sent back two fish entres to be reheated. They were returned to us only warm. One chicken entre was not sent back because they thought it was ok to eat it luke warm. Had to ask for salt and pepper which came from another table. Maybe not enough servers for the busy pre-concert hour??Special Features:
- What did you do to the hamburger?evieVIPDined on 10/19/2014The hamburger was somewhat different than it usually is - cooked to perfection, but something was off from my previous orders. However, love the restaurant, love our little corner in the wine room - and the service is always wonderful.Special Features:
- At The Music CenterMrHillDined on 10/18/2014Always a very good meal before the Ahmanson. Food, wine and service excellent.Special Features:
- MwbslpDined on 10/18/2014We sat at the bar and both bartenders were quite good. Food was mediocre at best and overpriced.
- great for pre-theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Charming Parisian atmosphere, food is excellent, and it's right in the Music Center. That makes it a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabrixxDined on 10/14/2014Very good service, great ambiance and good Food. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovelyjomarie10Dined on 10/14/2014Love to eat here before the theater. The Chateau Steak is m favoriteSpecial Features:
- LoriVIPDined on 10/12/2014Kendall's Brasserie is always a great dinning experience. Great place to go before the theatre or Disney Hall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Service and food was lack luster and over priced. I've been here before and was impressed, but this experience was quite the opposite.