Kendall College Dining Room
900 N. North Branch Street
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Kendall College Dining Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kendall.edu/diningroom
- Phone: 3127522328x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Service - Monday - Friday 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
January 9 - January 22*
January 27 - February 10
February 13 - February 26
March 3 - March 17
Dinner Service - Tuesday - Friday 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm, Saturday 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
January 10 - February 8
February 13 - March 15
Monday Night Dining Series
*The college will be closed on January 20, 2014 for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kendall College Events offers brand new, state-of-the-art facilities with spectacular skyline views for a variety of events. Venues available on the Riverworks campus can accommodate your needs from business. meetings to cocktail receptions. When coupled with the exceptional quality of the cuisine prepared in Kendall's renowned kitchens, Kendall College Events is the obvious choice for your next corporate fundraiser, family gathering, or other unique celebration. Private events menus may be obtained here.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Monastero 3127522556x
- Entertainment: Guests of The Dining Room at Kendall College are now treated to a new dining experience, where only a glass partition will separate them from the kitchen where their food is being prepared!
A word from Kendall College Dining Room
Kendall College Dining Room is an extraordinary classroom that provides students with the opportunity to gain real-world experience in a student run fine dining restaurant under the supervision of Kendall's experienced instructors. Thanks to an outstanding faculty and dedicated students, Kendall College produces the finest talent in the hospitality and culinary fields in the Midwest. The Dining Room offers guests an amazing view of the Chicago skyline, multi-course meals at very reasonable prices, and ample parking. Come dine with the students before they become famous. The Dining Room at Kendall College is first and only culinary school restaurant included in MICHELIN Guide Chicago 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Kendall College Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Goose Island ›
Kendall College Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (59)great for lunch (41)good for groups (40)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (28)notable wine list (11)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed our lunch here very much. The wait service was wonderful and the food absolutely delicious. We cannot wait to try it for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous GourmetdineinprovacateurDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding dining experience! I brought a friend who had traveled from faraway and they were VERY impressed. Everything was just perfect and the ambiance was wonderful. The price was marvelous and we love supporting the culinary school.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Future of DiningPennyDined on 9/6/2014We love this place and don't mind that it is a training ground for tomorrow's chefs and restauranteurs. The ambition of the dishes is exhilarating and the execution is respectable. I salute the head instructor for front-of-house service, Ms. Stoner, in her dedication to creating the best experience possible for the guests. Nonetheless, I would have welcomed more fumbling learning attempts on the part of students to seeing her delivering drinks to the tables herself. But maybe I should be careful what I wish for. It IS early in the school year! One good thing about receiving five or six different dessert ideas on each plate is that something is bound to be good. The bad thing is that many of those ideas are WAY ahead of their time.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My friends and I had a wonderful lunch here, celebrating her birthday. The food was so well presented and tasted great. The service was excellent. We had a lovely lunch and will be back with our husbands in the near future.Special Features:
- Under the radarSuburbanFamilyDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding dining experience. It seems that this dining gem is not well advertised since it was not full. Great place for a date since the kitchen viewing always gives you something to talk about. Excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding valueFoodieDaveDined on 9/2/2014Culinary arts students perform all of the restaurant functions from hostess to bus boy to waiter to chef. At $29 per person the fixed price three course dinner was an outstanding value. All three courses were elaborate. Elaborate preparations, perfectly cooked and perfectly presented. The service was friendly and professional. The only surprise was how sparse the crowd was. We were one of only three occupied tables on a Tuesday. I would recommend the Kendall College Dining Room to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- Good deal, inventive foodDeal1dinerDined on 8/29/2014Hostess was great. Food inventive- could tell students were putting forth their best imaginative culinary efforts. Service fine but not professionals ( not supposed to be... They are students and learning). Kitchen sends out additional tastes beyond your email. Nice o be able to support the program.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The two of us had never been to a fine dining restaurant so this was something new for both of us. The experience definitely exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 8/25/2014Once again the students, under the direction of Chef Bosco and Dining Room Director Maureen, put on a fantastic evening of great food and friendly service. Everyone is to be commended. This is one of Chicago's hidden jewels, and out-of-towners should also give it a try because you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- A True Hidded GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Unique in every way. Something that just needs to be experienced. For the Foodie, for a special lunch to impress, The place to go where you always know the level of quality will be four star.Special Features:
- delightful diningAGC974Dined on 8/13/2014This was my third experience and I love it so much!!! The food is wonderful! Presentation is fantastic. My sister is a Kendall graduate and I know how she prepares, presents and how delicious her meals are...I love coming and will come again and again. Thank you for your offering this pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/11/2014Worth getting to with free parking and bus stops close by. Great food and good service.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful Experience!EnjoyfoodDined on 8/9/2014We come here when we can, we try to at least once a year. Very creative and inventive menu! This is not for the faint of heart, dishes are very well thought out and very different, for more adventuresome types. We had the softshell crab appetizer, one of the best we have ever had! It was a very nice size softshell, and had a great guacamole sauce on the side! Hanger steak was great and as well as the lamb. Save room for desserts, always INCREDIBLE! Service was great, very attentive and friendly. We chose to bring our own wine/champagne, $10 per bottle corkage, but they have a full bar and good wine list also.Special Features:
- 2nd visit just a good as the firstmjm814VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the 3 dish dinner menu for $29. The chef accommodated a request to make an appetizer into an entrée. Nicole gave us excellent service and answered all our questions. We also enjoyed our interaction with the Maître de, Leonard and the service instructor, Pamela.Special Features:
- Amazing!AFRAKEDined on 8/6/2014After hearing about the dining availability on the Chicago Architecture tour, we pulled up the menu online and were really impressed. We booked through Open Table, and were delighted at the elegant room and view when we arrived. We were greeted warmly and received excellent service from Alex and Jennifer, who were personable and answered our many questions. The food was presented beautifully and tasted better. Soft shelled crabs, salmon sushi, duck confit and lamb were amazing presentations, with a beautiful blend of tastes, textures and colors. The desserts were creative and complex, and utterly delicious works of art. Bravo to the chefs and student line cooks! Ann FrakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefoodDined on 8/2/2014We love the experience of dining at Kendall College. The food is excellent, and the students enthusiastic about their work. Very nice dining room and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeasonedTravelerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food at Kendall College is always excellent and the student servers are very good indeed. Gratuities go to help support the Kendall College Trust sponsored scholarships which is a great idea. Always a pleasure to dine with friends in the College dining roomSpecial Features:
- best kept secretkstoDined on 8/1/2014one of the best restaurant deals in chicago! The pre fix meal is incredible and the daily drink specials are always a steal. Continues to exceed our high foodie expectations despite the fact that the chefs are still students. Its always fun to be served by newcomers to the scene. Every dish we've had has blown us away with creativity and execution. During our last visit, we really enjoyed the soft shell crab (better than we've had on the east coast!) And student special wild boar with berry sauce. The desserts are always unique and amazing (strawberry ricotta souffle!) As much as we'd like to keep it to ourselves, this is definitely a best kept chicago secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly greatPleasedVIPDined on 8/1/2014Came here maybe 5 yrs ago and thought it was mediocre. Wow have things changed. It was terrific. Sorry I had not come back sooner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabJennaDined on 7/31/2014Lovely experience. Teenagers enjoyed it as well! Fixed price a good deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencedineinprovacateurDined on 7/30/2014A delicious adventure that is right on the money, literally. Been to Trump Tower for lunch? Probably paid up the wazoo for what is essentially an equal gastronomic experience. This is a MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughter-in-law treat1FoodieFascinationDined on 7/30/2014I took my daughter-in-law to Kendall's for her birthday. She is definitely a foodie but I have the utmost confidence that she would enjoy the cuisine. Her reaction was even better than I anticipated. She absolutely loved it and is planning on bringing her husband, my son back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilean/Peru SeriesMLRayDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful evening with our friends from Chile. They were pleasantly surprised that the meal was authentic, expertly prepared and reminded them of home. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:
- 2die4cuisineDined on 7/28/2014I would give Kendall 5 stars. In the 15 years we've been dining in the Dining Room -- there has never been a meal that wasn't fantastic. We find the prix fixe lunch and/or dinner of excellent value. It allows one to order a bottle of wine or cocktails without breaking the bank. The portions are just perfect, the presentation is fantastic and of course, the food is to die for! It's just a wonderful dining experience that we always look forward to, whether coming by ourselves or bringing friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCurleyDined on 7/26/2014We thought the food was superb and the service was top notch. Will go again.Special Features:
- I'm still full.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Food was incredible and dessert was out of this world. I will be back.Special Features:
- Confused ServersMarkDined on 7/23/2014This is a student learning restaurant and the food and service in the past was excellent. I have been here many times but this experience was quite different the servers seem to be confused about what they should be doing. My quest had questions about the menu the servers could not answer always had to go back to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kendall's SplendidNancyDined on 7/21/2014Lunch at Kendall College Dining Room is always an adventure because the kitchen is a learning center. Each new batch of students brings fresh energy and diverse cultural backgrounds. The seasonal menu changes frequently, and the menu offerings are creative and unexpected. The price of the prix fixe menu (3 courses of choice) is beyond a bargain and the last time two of us dined there the house wine was $4 a glass. Hours at Kendall vary with the season and capacity (only so many tables can be handled by the number of students cooking and serving), so it pays to go as often as possible during days of operation. Can't say enough good things about this dining gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome just Gets BettergreatDined on 7/17/2014We have been many times, every time is very good, and this was one of the best! The creativity was superb, the food was equal to every 4 star restaurant in Chicago and the value is excellent. if you have never been you need to go, if has been a long time (like us) go back, you will be suprised how they have grown and matured.Special Features:
- The BestcharlieVIPDined on 7/14/2014The exceptional care that Maureen and the students give to everyone is only exceeded by the excellent food which the students prepared.Special Features:
- Foodie Alertabba1Dined on 7/11/2014Some of the most unique delicious choices for dinner. Great ambience and views with excellent service.Special Features:
- Hidden GemChicagoFoodHoundsDined on 7/11/2014Since last October we have visited Kendall 4 times, each time has been a marvelous experience. The staff is fantastic, better than most front of house "professionals" in other restaurants. They are knowledgeable, friendly, polite and extremely good at their jobs. The food is phenomenal, this visit we had lamb and branzino for our entrees. What keeps us coming back is the great preparation and the unusual accompaniments, such as strawberry gastrique and crushed pistachios with the lamb. Go with an open mind and a clear palate, and dive in.Special Features:
- Amazing!HappyFoodieDined on 7/11/2014I went to dine at Kendall with my 7 year old. I knew it wouldn't have a kids menu but my daughter is not picky. They made her feel so elegant and grown up! Everyone was very friendly and went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us! We will definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014superlative! wonderful menu, personal service mixed with interesting views of city skyline and student chefs at work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueHP97Dined on 6/10/2014Good food, but sometimes the students have a tendency to over reach and over complicate dishes.
- A Real TreatcharlieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Everything about this experience is wonderful. The students try very hard to please, and the food is excellent. And there is the additional benefit of a view of Chicago's skyline.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/9/2014The food was excellent and the students delightful. Our group of nine had patient waiters who explained the menu and pricing more than once as we placed our orders. They gave us individual checks which was helpful to us, but a lot more trouble for them. The atmosphere is relaxed and delightful. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LyndaDined on 6/5/2014The presentation of the courses were clever and eye appealing. The taste was wonderful. There was a group of 4, which we tasted the different dishes. The spread for the bread was outstanding. The dessert also outstanding. Our servers were engaging and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday in HawaiiNWfan49Dined on 6/2/2014The West Coast and Hawaii Monday night dinner was one of the over all best I have ever had in this series at Kendall.Special Features:
- FABULOUS!`ExcellentDined on 5/31/2014we are ALWAYS impressed with Kendall - they do a marvelous job! This should be on everyones "must try" list! Food is dee-lish and beautiuflly presented. I especailly like that they are veg. friendly & take extra efforts to prepare something to fit within ones diet restrictions. The menu is creative & the service is wonderful. BRAVO to the students-they are doing a great job! p.s. thank you for the lovely anniversary dessert. it was SWEEEEET! xox p.s.s. being able to park is also an added perk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.