Ken Stewart's East Bank
1121 West 10th Street
Underneath the Aloft Hotel
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Ken Stewart's East Bank
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://kenstewarts.com/eastbank
- Phone: 2166968400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday : 5:00pm - Close
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ken Stewart's East Bank
Ken Stewart's East Bank is located underneath the new A Loft Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Ken Stewart's East Bank - Best Restaurants in The Flats ›
Ken Stewart's East Bank reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (35)romantic (33)hot spot (27)notable wine list (27)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Not enough valueLuvitalianfoodVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were excited to come here as we have been to Ken's other restaurants in the Akron area. However, I was quite surprised at the pricing! Given that, we ordered 3 steaks and the perch. Steaks were very good and done to perfection. The perch could have been better breaded but was tasty. Our waiter, started out well but we were early and not much going on. After have been served and finished, we waited 10-15 minutes to have our plates removed from the table.......something I really dislike. In fact, another waiter saw that we had finished and cleared our table. The sides were average at best. Overall I would not go back......not a WOW experienceSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our server, Steven, was great and made our experience special.Special Features:
- much, much better!bleeVIPDined on 9/13/2014OK, cool. was there 3 months ago and it did not shine. Forget the past. Much better service, great waiter, (server Josh from nyc?)! Food outstanding! Took them a few months but I think they have their act together now. Its expensive but for this past sat night dinner, it was well worth it. Nice job!Special Features:
- Great experience!!!GregDined on 9/12/2014Staff very knowledgeable about menu selections. Great and attentive service. Dinner was at a nice pace, not rushed. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. The menu has a selection sure to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKpriceVIPDined on 9/12/2014No matter which Ken Stewart's you go to, they are all fabulous. We would always go to the Lodge because it was the best restaurant we could find, but love the atmosphere of going downtown to the East Bank location - we were even lucky enough to have Ken Stewart greet us at our table. The food and service is always top notch. I have taken very large groups there and the service never changes - always top notch!Special Features:
- Great service helps overcome issuesKenbDined on 9/11/2014Had dinner tonight with my dinner partner. I arrived at the restaurant a few minutes late and was shocked to learn the valet parking was $8 and not complimentary...ouch!!! We sat at our table and our server (Erica? I am really bad with names) took great care of us. She was well versed on the menu and she provided excellent service throught the meal. Our app was great and the wedge salad was even better. Unfortunately my $49 bone in ribeye was not prepared well. I ordered it medium well, but as i got closer to the bone, it was down right rare. Had it not been for the wonderful service, the rating would have been 3 stars (good).......Would I rush back, probably not. Cleveland is blessed with some great restaurants with free parking.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The food was great. Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so for the moneySeasmokeDined on 9/6/2014When comparing K.S. East Bank with Red, XO, Morton's and even Hyde Park...K.S. does not stand out especially when taking into consideration the cost and level of service. When $ 500 including tip for two people occurs I believe the following should apply: 1. When a north of $ 200 young fat cab is opened it should be decanted...or I should be asked if I prefer it to be. 2. The 12oz Prim Filet should be cooked to Med Rare, not medium 3. The Prime ribeye should be butchered evenly and not cut so that half the state is over and you have to get to the bone to reach mid-rare. 4. I shouldn't have to pour my own wine repeatedly. 5. I shouldn't receive lukewarm coffee. Sat night, 1/2 full. Word must be out they have issues. Go to Red instead.
- No where near as good as AkronInvmanDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the steak special. I asked twice what kind of steak, and the answer i got was dry aged. Apparently the cut of beef was a mystery. It came out cut in fifths, and cold. My sister ordered the mixed grill, also cold. My brother-in-law orders the Perch. He said it was terrible, which he said is strange since its hard to screw up Perch. We ordered a second bottle of Silver Oak, which we weren't offered a taste, and was just combined with the last of the first bottle in a decanter far too small to actually decant the wine. The dining room was freezing, which made it all the more unpleasant. Very dissappointed given how great the Akron location is. The only thing that was same was the bill.Special Features:
- Ok experienceJoannaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our experience was ok. Asked for well done salmon &received it raw. By the time it came back from a kitchen my husband was almost done with his dinner. Salmon&beans dish was very dry & plain (like a potato stuff potato). Service ok. Ambiance ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average at bestClevelandgirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were very excited to try the new Ken Stuarts restaurant on the East Bank. Restaurant was very loud and overall not that attractive. My Martini arrived lukewarm, and for some reason no amount of ice would make it cold! The scallop appetizer arrived luke warm, I sent it back and it came back luke warm. Wedge salad was pretty good, Beet salad ok. We got the 5 steak tasting for $90 and was very very average and very bland. Sooo - if we want steaks in the future we will head to Red or XO.Special Features:
- Most amazing dinner ever!WillieDined on 8/29/2014Dinner for 4, Friday night and everyone was in love with the food and service, not to mention the ambiance. I had the East Bank Grill, filet, ahi tuna, and shrimp all excellently prepared and presented! Our server, Nicole, was possibly the best waitress we ever had! She was knowledgable, polite, and friendly. She helped make our experience thoroughly enjoyable!Special Features:
- fflats renaissance begins hereSupportLocalSpotsDined on 8/22/2014Awesome serviice. The menu choices were great, foodies would appreciate the offerings. The ambiance was great from the bar to the table. The waiter was fun and knowledgable from the food to the city. There were 5 of us and each of us had a great experience. So happy to see the flats resurgence begins with a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Great mealTimmyDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- ServiceNeverAgainDined on 8/8/2014The service here was terrible. We waited a very long time, at least 25 minutes to see our waitress. As we waited, the hostess came over to our table at least three times to tell us our waitress would be over shortly because she was busy with a table outside. But there were only 5 tables total filled with guests including our table. There were at max 20 guests in the entire restaurant. Once we finally got to order our food, it took another 30 minutes to be served. In the meantime, we ordered a very over priced shot. Yes, a shot with a "special ice cube" cost us $18.50 per shot. Finally the food came, it was just ok. Terrible service for such an "upscale" restaurant. This will be my first and last visit. My fiances bday wasn't acknowledgedSpecial Features:
- VLWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent, atmosphere was very, very nice! I would highly recommend. A little more casual then the Grille in Akron. A perfect fit for where it is in Cleveland! Always consistent! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTonyDined on 8/8/2014We love Ken Stewart's! We usually go to the Lodge in Bath since we live close. East Bank is a great spot and kudos to Ken for getting in early on the Flats revitalization. Great service and always great food. Try the beet salad and potato crusted halibut with Latin city corn. My favorite.Special Features:
- Innovative foodKarenbikeDined on 8/8/2014Four of us went for lunch and had our choice of tables. We sat near the enclosed flame. I had a lovely glass of Ken Stewart's Cab and had a hard time choosing what to eat because there were so many interesting choices. I had the sliders with the bacon jam. Yum! We also order the lobster roll, chicken salad, and soup and grilled cheese. Our wait person was skillful, helpful, and well trained. Our desserts were the perfect ending. I had the chocolate mousse with almond crisp. My husband thought the peanut butter bomb was too sweet. This is a good place for the bar and the innovative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedbeautymbrainsVIPDined on 8/4/2014Our bill, for four, with no alcohol was almost $300.00 That's ok when the food and service are great. But this was just.....ok. We won't be back.
- Consistent QualityEvilroyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Came here for an early dinner after work with a co-worker. This wasn't my first visit and I've never been disappointed. They're known for magnificent steaks, but as Ken Stewart himself recommended, he's never had better French onion soup. I agree. Such a rich, beefy broth and they took the time to slowly carmelize the onions to bring out their sweetness. Same goes for the au gratin potatoes, best ever. It was Friday and my friend was set on ordering fish. He got the perch and said he's never had better. A growing number of places in Cleveland cook steak well, but Ken Stewart's does everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best REstaurant in Cleveland!DiningDivasDined on 7/25/2014My friend and I were searching for a dinning experience with great food, service and ambiance for a 'girls night out. We have tried several restaurants in Cleveland in search for that perfect mix of great food. We found the answer in Ken Stewart's place on the West Bank of the Flats! We shared a wonderful Fois Gras , also shared wonderful endive salad then proceeded to enjoy steak and lamb chops placed on bed of lobster risotto, wow! We also enjoyed the Ken Stewart house Merlot, nice pick. We ended evening with a shared Chocolate raspberry napoleon-we gave this dinning experience a 5 yummy rating! Last but least, using' open table' for our reservations made the experience just that much more exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the cityfoodcrewDined on 7/18/2014I have been to all of Ken Stewart's restaurants, and have never been disappointed. From the moment you walk in the door, it is obvious that you are in a establishment that is a cut above the rest. Knowledgeable servers, excellent bartenders, and a friendly staff make for a great overall experience. Add the phenomenal food to the mix that Ken is known for, and it makes for a wonderful dining experience in the newly renovated East Bank area of Cleveland. I will be back!Special Features:
- nice but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014happy to visit the new Ken Stewart location. The service was truly outstanding. The food however is hugely expensive even for a high-level steak house. For the prices charged, the steak I had was very nice but hardly the best thing I have ever had, especially when paying $50 for the plate. I think the location is great down in the Flats area and I do want that area to succeed but this is out of the realm of most "regular folks" with respect to cost in my opinion, especially when dinner for two with drinks and wine comes to $250!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingJDFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Menu reads better than it tastes. Five star prices for two star food.
- A fine dining experience!TheBirthdayClubDined on 7/12/2014We had a group of 5 celebrating my birthday. The menu offered something for every palette. The food was absolutely delicious! We especially enjoyed the beet salad, onion soup, salmon, steak, crab cakes - and the chocolate and lemon deserts. Our server was very attentive without being intrusive. It was a fantastic dinner with the best service we could want. The wine menu, while amazing, needs to add selections in the $30-$40's price ranges. The lowest bottle of cabernet was $72. Surprisingly, Ken Stewart puts his name on a much to be desired $36 selection. The new outside patio is uninviting at this time. We are all hoping for improvements there! Overall, I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Late lunch..recommended!IwineabitDined on 7/9/2014Love the atmosphere. Wait staff was excellent. Lobster bisque was good. . Not heavy. Entrée was okay just too much food. Perch sandwich. I should stick to soup/salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexDined on 7/7/2014What a fabulous addition to Cleveland's food scene! We were impressed with not only the food, but the entire staff as well. Everyone made us feel welcome, from the hostesses to the bartenders, to the server. We had the bone-in ribeye and the sea bass for dinner, and they were both perfectly prepared and fantastic! I think we've found our new favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well played.passionforfoodDined on 6/30/2014I cannot say enough about my experience at Ken Stewart's. From the moment I arrived everything was topnotch. A friendly staff at the bar for cocktails, wonderfully attentive but not overbearing wait staff and the best food I have had in a long long time. Salads were fresh and crisp. Our entrees (Seabass and a Ribeye) were cooked to perfection. And we ended our night with a dessert that was the perfect size for two to share. Well played Ken Stewart's. I surrender to you and cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time here not going backEastsider101Dined on 6/27/2014I've been here 2 previous times and was very satisfied, but this last trip was different. Four of us ordered dry aged strip steaks and 3 of them were over cooked. 460.00 is a little steep but if the food is prepared correct and the service is good then it's worth it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014My husband and I dined at Ken Stewarts East Bank last week and we were thrilled with our experience. This was our first time dinning at his Cleveland location and we were not disappointed. We started off with the calamari, a dish that we always get at his Akron restaurants, and a half dozen oysters. These oysters were the larger oysters I have ever seen in my entire life and I can say that they were hands down the best. For my main course I ordered the salmon which was spectacular, very light and flavorful- perfect for summer. My husband ordered the bone in waygu ribeye, he said it was the best he has ever had. We also shared an side of truffle fries which I can never resist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner.Nick0728Dined on 6/20/2014My wife and I have eaten a some of the greatest places in the country. Ken Stewart's rivals them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOutalot1Dined on 6/20/2014Wine was warm. The waiter tried to chill it but he did so by being bent over our table twirling the bottle in ice for a long time. Lobster Bisque was mediocre. Fish entree's were good but not "wow". Noise level was too high for our liking. For a $200 dinner we were overall unimpressed.
- Awesome placedrlnfilDined on 6/13/2014A great dining experience and representation of Cleveland's great food scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGaryDined on 6/7/2014The bar service was excellent. Food and service were both above average. Ken Stewart stopped by our table to say hello and seemed to really car about our opinions.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementSallyDined on 6/6/2014Our server was terrible. He went on and on about his favorite dishes never shutting up and giving us a chance to peruse the menu and make an adult choice of our our own. Then when we did make our selection if it wasn't what he had previously spoke about he just gave a look like I never mentioned that. Food was so so, I have had better at prior visits to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Service and food A+mnelsonaDined on 6/3/2014Dined at Ken Stewart's twice and had the same waiter both time. Marcos is truly an asset to this fine dining restaurant. His recommendations were top notch and he made you feel comfortable and important. We tried the Crab Legs, the Lamb, the Pork Tenderloin and the trio of tuna, steak and shrimp. Along with the Lobster Bisque soup and the Calamari. There is nothing there that doesn't taste absolutely delicious. While I feel the items that are Market Price are a bit high, the rest of the experience is top notch. That is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. I wouldn't hesitate to dine here any chance I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!PfeifeVIPDined on 5/30/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had...top 5 for sure...never had one better in Vegas. Only ones to compare we're in Chicago or Rathbuns in Atlanta. Worth every penny! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 140 reviews are from the Ken Stewart's East Bank reviews archive.
- Just didn't have it.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014I wish I would have read other reviews before I booked Ken Stewart's East Bank for a romantic night out with my wife, Service wasn't what I expected from Ken Stewart's staff. The food was over priced, two salads, two glasses of wine, and two dinners for $187.00 in Cleveland is crazy! Disappointing experience.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014The food was average and the cost was expensive for average food. The calamari was average, nothing soecial. The tuna tartare had a huge potatoe cake under it that took a away from the delicate taste of the tuna. My dinner, scallops was dissappointing - the scallops were seared on one side only and salty. Quite dissappointing!!!! Not going back again.Special Features:
- Terrific dining experienceEllenDined on 5/17/2014exceeded our expectations in food, service and setting...we are returning soonSpecial Features: