Ken Stewart's East Bank
1121 West 10th Street
Underneath the Aloft Hotel
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Ken Stewart's East Bank
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://kenstewarts.com/eastbank
- Phone: (216) 696-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday : 5:00pm - Close
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ken Stewart's East Bank
Ken Stewart's East Bank is located underneath the new A Loft Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ken Stewart's East Bank reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (40)romantic (34)notable wine list (31)hot spot (24)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Spouses celebrate their birthdaysLakieshaDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I are from columbus ohio. There are a few restaurants in columbus that we could have chose from but wanted to go to cleveland. We were looking and expecting to find something on the same quality of food, ambiance etc as RUTH CHRIS or The M here in columbus. We found Ken Stewart's. The location and atmosphere /scenery was perfect for a dinner for two. Our server was incredible. But one of the most disappointing was the food. I started with calamari that was just ok. My husband started off with lobster bisque. It truly was the worst that we have ever had. Next I got a $45 steak (when the bill came out I was charged $56) it was bad. It was crispy burnt on the outside.. Not flavorful at all. My husband had Fluke a fish that was nasty. Then we shared lobster mash and asparagus. The sides were just okay. We didn't try any of the wine or desserts. The best food from the night was their butter bread. Everything just wasnt up to the hype. We were pretty disappointed because our birthdays are both in november and we wanted to try a new restaurant and celebrate out of town. $160 (including tip) meal was worth ($60)Special Features:
- Poor ServiceTheTruthDined on 11/5/2014On Wednesday, my wife and I decided to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary at Ken Stewart's East Bank. Unfortunately, our experience did not match the price tag of our meal and service. The next day we discovered that our waitress did not place all of our meal in the to go bag. The sign stated $8 or $10.00 to have your car parked. The parking attendant charged us $20.00 and parked our car in front of the restaurant. Our steaks were burnt. We were not served bread until well into the main course. We had heard so many great things about Ken’s but in fairness, the experience was not worth the money.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$$JudyDined on 11/1/2014Crab cakes were not that good. Drinks very expensive We had a long wait for dinner. Waiter got us free drinks because of wait but manager never came by table
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Our second time there, and while we find the more extensive menu at the Lodge and even the food itself better there, this was more convenient and still a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome Downtown Ken Stewart's!RonBurgundyDined on 10/27/2014If you've been to The Lodge or Grille, you're gonna love this place. My wife and I went here for a date night and had an amazing time. It's has a trendier look, but it's everything you'd expect from Ken Stewart's. Service was awesome. The steaks were out of this world - perfect char on the outside and done amazingly well on the inside. My wife had the clam chowder, but I ate most of it - it was the BEST chowder I've ever had. If you haven't been to the Flats, go check this place out!! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Food was awesome. Steak was melt in your mouth. Met Ken StewartSpecial Features:
- great service, too expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014excellent service, however the price of the food was too high for the quality. the food was good dont get me wrong, but too pricey.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This was my first time at Ken Stewart's and I couldn't have asked for a better evening. Service was phenomenal. Our waitress Nicole was very knowledgeable of the menu. The manager stopped over a few times to make sure the food was ok- which it was! I enjoyed a macadamia nut crusted tuna and my guest had a steak. Both were perfectly cooked. The risotto side dish we shared was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Start to Finish. Amazing!appetiteforCLEDined on 10/16/2014My fiancé and I went to Ken Stewart's for dinner this past Thursday, and it was amazing! From start to finish, the experience was perfect. Our server Charles was attentive, knowledgeable and gave great recommendations. We started with an off the menu fall inspired appetizer - we practically licked the plate clean. Our main dishes (New York Strip and Salmon) were phenomenal. Both were cooked to perfection. It was great to split and share with a side or two- allowing both of us to get the best of both worlds. We ended the meal by sharing the Ricotta Cheesecake. So good! It was a perfect way to end our meal. We're excited to go back and would highly recommend Ken Stewart's.Special Features:
- service and fooddebbieDined on 10/14/2014Service was fantastic great waitress attentive, knowledgeable , personable. Food very tasty. Not to keen on lobster bisque. Just okay. Meal I had, chicken dish delicious! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceDonMacDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was exceptional and the attention from other personnel was very much appreciated. The employees were interested in how we were being treated and were we happy with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!DianeDined on 10/4/2014Our first visit to Ken Stewart's was perfect! We were treated with much respect from the moment we walked in the door until we were met by our valet driver upon leaving the restaurant. Our service was prompt, food was amazing, and for sure an evening my husband and I enjoyed thoroughly. We shall be returning very soon!Special Features:
- Beyond DisappointedKathyVIPDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I had been here several times - great experiences - but all within about the first six months of the restaurant opening and Ken himself was there walking around. Clearly standards have dropped. We went this past weekend and it was plain bad from beginning to end. So bad, we won't go back! It's one thing to spend that kind of money and walk away wowed...but it was like being robbed! There are too many nice, high end restaurants in the Cleveland area these days to return after that. So disappointing!
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Great service, nice atmosphere. Overpriced for what you get. Not bad, just overpriced.Special Features:
- Food and Service!rynclarkeDined on 9/27/2014While your food was fabulous, Nicole, our server was the best. Thank you for a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- Always love it here...KpriceVIPDined on 9/26/2014We took a potential client to dinner here knowing that everything would be absolutely perfect - They are always on top of everything and the food is great.Special Features:
- Don't waste your moneyclevedinerDined on 9/20/2014Service was horrible, for a restaurant with four people at the bar and our party being the only high top. Fish was cold, fries were white and cold, steak under done, and had to flag down a manager to get our drinks. Waitressed claimed they were busy, however there were only three other tables filled in the restaurant. Great location, but don't waste your time or money. Go to Hyde Park or Johnny's and be guaranteed excellent food and service!
- Not enough valueLuvitalianfoodVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were excited to come here as we have been to Ken's other restaurants in the Akron area. However, I was quite surprised at the pricing! Given that, we ordered 3 steaks and the perch. Steaks were very good and done to perfection. The perch could have been better breaded but was tasty. Our waiter, started out well but we were early and not much going on. After have been served and finished, we waited 10-15 minutes to have our plates removed from the table.......something I really dislike. In fact, another waiter saw that we had finished and cleared our table. The sides were average at best. Overall I would not go back......not a WOW experienceSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our server, Steven, was great and made our experience special.Special Features:
- much, much better!bleeVIPDined on 9/13/2014OK, cool. was there 3 months ago and it did not shine. Forget the past. Much better service, great waiter, (server Josh from nyc?)! Food outstanding! Took them a few months but I think they have their act together now. Its expensive but for this past sat night dinner, it was well worth it. Nice job!Special Features:
- Great experience!!!GregDined on 9/12/2014Staff very knowledgeable about menu selections. Great and attentive service. Dinner was at a nice pace, not rushed. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion. The menu has a selection sure to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesKpriceVIPDined on 9/12/2014No matter which Ken Stewart's you go to, they are all fabulous. We would always go to the Lodge because it was the best restaurant we could find, but love the atmosphere of going downtown to the East Bank location - we were even lucky enough to have Ken Stewart greet us at our table. The food and service is always top notch. I have taken very large groups there and the service never changes - always top notch!Special Features:
- Great service helps overcome issuesKenbDined on 9/11/2014Had dinner tonight with my dinner partner. I arrived at the restaurant a few minutes late and was shocked to learn the valet parking was $8 and not complimentary...ouch!!! We sat at our table and our server (Erica? I am really bad with names) took great care of us. She was well versed on the menu and she provided excellent service throught the meal. Our app was great and the wedge salad was even better. Unfortunately my $49 bone in ribeye was not prepared well. I ordered it medium well, but as i got closer to the bone, it was down right rare. Had it not been for the wonderful service, the rating would have been 3 stars (good).......Would I rush back, probably not. Cleveland is blessed with some great restaurants with free parking.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014The food was great. Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so for the moneySeasmokeDined on 9/6/2014When comparing K.S. East Bank with Red, XO, Morton's and even Hyde Park...K.S. does not stand out especially when taking into consideration the cost and level of service. When $ 500 including tip for two people occurs I believe the following should apply: 1. When a north of $ 200 young fat cab is opened it should be decanted...or I should be asked if I prefer it to be. 2. The 12oz Prim Filet should be cooked to Med Rare, not medium 3. The Prime ribeye should be butchered evenly and not cut so that half the state is over and you have to get to the bone to reach mid-rare. 4. I shouldn't have to pour my own wine repeatedly. 5. I shouldn't receive lukewarm coffee. Sat night, 1/2 full. Word must be out they have issues. Go to Red instead.
- No where near as good as AkronInvmanDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the steak special. I asked twice what kind of steak, and the answer i got was dry aged. Apparently the cut of beef was a mystery. It came out cut in fifths, and cold. My sister ordered the mixed grill, also cold. My brother-in-law orders the Perch. He said it was terrible, which he said is strange since its hard to screw up Perch. We ordered a second bottle of Silver Oak, which we weren't offered a taste, and was just combined with the last of the first bottle in a decanter far too small to actually decant the wine. The dining room was freezing, which made it all the more unpleasant. Very dissappointed given how great the Akron location is. The only thing that was same was the bill.Special Features:
- Ok experienceJoannaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our experience was ok. Asked for well done salmon &received it raw. By the time it came back from a kitchen my husband was almost done with his dinner. Salmon&beans dish was very dry & plain (like a potato stuff potato). Service ok. Ambiance ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average at bestClevelandgirlVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were very excited to try the new Ken Stuarts restaurant on the East Bank. Restaurant was very loud and overall not that attractive. My Martini arrived lukewarm, and for some reason no amount of ice would make it cold! The scallop appetizer arrived luke warm, I sent it back and it came back luke warm. Wedge salad was pretty good, Beet salad ok. We got the 5 steak tasting for $90 and was very very average and very bland. Sooo - if we want steaks in the future we will head to Red or XO.Special Features:
- Most amazing dinner ever!WillieDined on 8/29/2014Dinner for 4, Friday night and everyone was in love with the food and service, not to mention the ambiance. I had the East Bank Grill, filet, ahi tuna, and shrimp all excellently prepared and presented! Our server, Nicole, was possibly the best waitress we ever had! She was knowledgable, polite, and friendly. She helped make our experience thoroughly enjoyable!Special Features:
- fflats renaissance begins hereSupportLocalSpotsDined on 8/22/2014Awesome serviice. The menu choices were great, foodies would appreciate the offerings. The ambiance was great from the bar to the table. The waiter was fun and knowledgable from the food to the city. There were 5 of us and each of us had a great experience. So happy to see the flats resurgence begins with a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:
- Great mealTimmyDined on 8/13/2014Great food and service. Great for special occasions.Special Features:
- ServiceNeverAgainDined on 8/8/2014The service here was terrible. We waited a very long time, at least 25 minutes to see our waitress. As we waited, the hostess came over to our table at least three times to tell us our waitress would be over shortly because she was busy with a table outside. But there were only 5 tables total filled with guests including our table. There were at max 20 guests in the entire restaurant. Once we finally got to order our food, it took another 30 minutes to be served. In the meantime, we ordered a very over priced shot. Yes, a shot with a "special ice cube" cost us $18.50 per shot. Finally the food came, it was just ok. Terrible service for such an "upscale" restaurant. This will be my first and last visit. My fiances bday wasn't acknowledgedSpecial Features:
- VLWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Food was amazing, service was excellent, atmosphere was very, very nice! I would highly recommend. A little more casual then the Grille in Akron. A perfect fit for where it is in Cleveland! Always consistent! Pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTonyDined on 8/8/2014We love Ken Stewart's! We usually go to the Lodge in Bath since we live close. East Bank is a great spot and kudos to Ken for getting in early on the Flats revitalization. Great service and always great food. Try the beet salad and potato crusted halibut with Latin city corn. My favorite.Special Features:
- Innovative foodKarenbikeDined on 8/8/2014Four of us went for lunch and had our choice of tables. We sat near the enclosed flame. I had a lovely glass of Ken Stewart's Cab and had a hard time choosing what to eat because there were so many interesting choices. I had the sliders with the bacon jam. Yum! We also order the lobster roll, chicken salad, and soup and grilled cheese. Our wait person was skillful, helpful, and well trained. Our desserts were the perfect ending. I had the chocolate mousse with almond crisp. My husband thought the peanut butter bomb was too sweet. This is a good place for the bar and the innovative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedbeautymbrainsVIPDined on 8/4/2014Our bill, for four, with no alcohol was almost $300.00 That's ok when the food and service are great. But this was just.....ok. We won't be back.
- Consistent QualityEvilroyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Came here for an early dinner after work with a co-worker. This wasn't my first visit and I've never been disappointed. They're known for magnificent steaks, but as Ken Stewart himself recommended, he's never had better French onion soup. I agree. Such a rich, beefy broth and they took the time to slowly carmelize the onions to bring out their sweetness. Same goes for the au gratin potatoes, best ever. It was Friday and my friend was set on ordering fish. He got the perch and said he's never had better. A growing number of places in Cleveland cook steak well, but Ken Stewart's does everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best REstaurant in Cleveland!DiningDivasDined on 7/25/2014My friend and I were searching for a dinning experience with great food, service and ambiance for a 'girls night out. We have tried several restaurants in Cleveland in search for that perfect mix of great food. We found the answer in Ken Stewart's place on the West Bank of the Flats! We shared a wonderful Fois Gras , also shared wonderful endive salad then proceeded to enjoy steak and lamb chops placed on bed of lobster risotto, wow! We also enjoyed the Ken Stewart house Merlot, nice pick. We ended evening with a shared Chocolate raspberry napoleon-we gave this dinning experience a 5 yummy rating! Last but least, using' open table' for our reservations made the experience just that much more exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in the cityfoodcrewDined on 7/18/2014I have been to all of Ken Stewart's restaurants, and have never been disappointed. From the moment you walk in the door, it is obvious that you are in a establishment that is a cut above the rest. Knowledgeable servers, excellent bartenders, and a friendly staff make for a great overall experience. Add the phenomenal food to the mix that Ken is known for, and it makes for a wonderful dining experience in the newly renovated East Bank area of Cleveland. I will be back!Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the Ken Stewart's East Bank reviews archive.
- nice but very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014happy to visit the new Ken Stewart location. The service was truly outstanding. The food however is hugely expensive even for a high-level steak house. For the prices charged, the steak I had was very nice but hardly the best thing I have ever had, especially when paying $50 for the plate. I think the location is great down in the Flats area and I do want that area to succeed but this is out of the realm of most "regular folks" with respect to cost in my opinion, especially when dinner for two with drinks and wine comes to $250!Special Features: