Ken & Sue's
636 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ken & Sue's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kenandsues.com/
- Phone: 9703851810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ken Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ken & Sue's
Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ken & Sue's - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ken & Sue's reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (67)great for outdoor dining (64)romantic (63)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (38)hot spot (22)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Tuna Swimming in Tomato SoupDrDrTonyDined on 9/20/2014We have been to K&S many times and had tasty and creative meals. This time there were several missteps. They acknowledged by email a change in the reservation, but the hostess was unaware of it and implied that we were wrong. The bartender misread the order and made the wrong drinks. Worst, the tuna in tomato-ginger coulis came swimming in a tomato soup with little or no ginger. The soup overwhelmed all other flavors. It was very out of balance. The nut-crusted grouper was a little overcooked and lacked firmness. Perhaps an off night, but too many off nights and we will start leaving K&S out of our plans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always our first choicebugsyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We go to Durango frequently, and always make at least one reservation at Ken and Sue's. The food is outstanding and ditto for the service. This rivals fine restaurants in Santa Fe.Special Features:
- as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014We always have a great meal here. Whether it's lunch or dinner the food is great for the price and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Jan and I come here often! We Love it, and we will be back again soon! Thanks for another great time! Jeff and Jan EllingsonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Wonderful entree selection, particularly of seafood. Service was friendly and sensitive to our leisurely pace of dining. The patio ambiance was tasteful and romantic. We highly, highly recommend this restaurant. Be sure to make reservations during tourist season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice!wmullyDined on 9/8/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience at Ken & Sue's. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! I had the grouper and my husband had meat loaf. We shared a wedge salad. All was perfectly prepared. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Everything was very good: food, service, ambiance and location . This restaurant was recommended at the front desk of our hotel as the best in town. It lived up to the build-up.Special Features:
- Great meal!ClayDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent and the waiter was very good. There were four of us and not one complaint from anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteLauraTDined on 9/3/2014We have been fans of Ken and Sue's for years, and missed it on our annual trip last year due to a fire. So glad to see they haven't missed a beat. Love the menu, the patio and the food. Wish we had a place like this near us as we only get to Durango once a year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Ken and Sue's is a great dining experience - highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Good butCarlDined on 8/31/2014Overall dinning experience was excellent except the restaurant has a fly problem that they need to eliminate. We dined outside on the patio and the waitress was great, the service was good and the food was delicious however, we and the rest of customers seated on the patio were constantly annoyed by the flies which tends to diminish your dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodExploringDurangoDined on 8/30/2014Originally made reservations for 4 people and at the last minute we changed it to 5 They rearranged so we could bring the 5th person. This was the first time for all of us eating there and we all enjoyed our dishes. Servings were not too big and not too small. Our waitress was friendly as was everyone that worked at the restaurant. Food was hot and prompt. The food had a lot of character with different combinations which made it even more interesting. For a couple of foodies, who typically say I could have done that at home, we certainly weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delivers!JNTNDined on 8/28/2014We make a point to eat at Ken and Sue's every time we go to Durango but had never eaten outside in their back patio. What a great atmosphere on a beautiful evening. Food and service were great as well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go-to restaurant in DurangobugsyVIPDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant has never disappointed us. Consistently good food and wonderful, friendly service. Worth the wait if you forgot to make reservations!Special Features:
- Exquisite food reasonably priced!BarbDined on 8/22/2014Ate dinner at Ken and Sue's. Need a reservation there! Very popular spot - for good reason! Menu choices superb, including fish to die for. Ahi tuna special was best we have ever had, and paired with Sutcliffe Winery Cinsaut, was perfect. Prime rib delicious too. Friendly atmosphere and beautiful outside terrace. Going back for lunch today before leaving Durango. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Durango.Still!!itexDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I drove over for our Anniversary and had dinner at our favorite Restaurant ,the food was wonderful ,fresh, local,.The service was spot on and very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!Uccio23Dined on 8/10/2014Very nice place, with outstanding food and service. We had spicy calamari and seared tuna to start with, which I highly recommend, and then a fish main course. Desserts are to die for, try the white chocolate cheesecake and the apple tart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014This restaurant always has tremendous coupons in the local book, which we use. So, after the coupons are gone, we want to continue to support the local owners. We took out-of-town visitors, knowing it would be terrific; we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best experiencer2rt12Dined on 8/9/2014I have to say this was a disappointment. We have been coming to Ken & Sue's for many years and have referred many people to this restaurant but after the last experience I will hesitate to continue doing this. The server Robin was great but the food was mediocre and not up to the usual standard. We drive 100 miles round trip to dine at Ken & Sue's so this is not just a random visit to there restaurant. This meal was to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which should of been a special night out. Instead it was a disappointment. The "crispy" pork belly appetizer was anything but. The filet was perfect. The halibut was dry and the sticky rice was a goo. The people next table over thought it was mashed potatoes.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I find Ken and Sues excellent and always consistent!Special Features:
- Remodel GuyTaylor114ceDined on 8/9/2014Had a wonderful dinner out on the patio. Service was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweetBillVIPDined on 8/7/2014The four of us had dinner. The complaint from all was that all the dishes were too sweetSpecial Features:
- As good as we hopedDenverDinerDined on 8/4/2014Having reserved before our trip started, we had a great table. Nice ambiance. Service was impeccable. My husband had a great classic martini. My husband had a steak, and I had fish. Both were excellent. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JRakDined on 8/3/2014Everything about Ken and Sue's was great with one small exception. The food was outstanding and came out very quickly. The waitress was very friendly with my 3 year old (much appreciated.) The portions were adequate and the prices reasonable. My daughter was given something to color and ketchup, neither always available at fancy restaurants. We were given the front window table. I assume because it was out of the way for fear that my 3 year old was not well behaved. Understandable but the flies up there were pretty bad (by the front widow.) One ended up in a glass of wine. Get someone to kill those flies before you start seating people. Great place and excellent food! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Nice findMJ3727Dined on 8/3/2014This is a good place. The server, Sherene, was terrific. We liked the food but the servings are WAY too large. We think each portion should be reduced by 50% except for the Halibut which was the perfect sized portion. If you reduced the portion sizes, you would sell more appetizers and desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic little place!AndrewGSTXDined on 8/2/2014I love to visit Durango though I haven't done so in years, but when I come back I know I will go to Ken & Sue's for a special meal. This place is a small downtown restaurant that is upscale without the pretension. The atmosphere is very laid back and even romantic. Our server was very nice, knowledgeable and attentive. The menu is great and the food is wonderful. I highly recommend reservations and be prepared to park a couple of blocks away when the city is active.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Price Is RightGeordielassDined on 8/2/2014Based on the many good reviews for Ken & Sues we made our booking. We arrived on time and were warmly welcomed and our table was ready. Our server Mandy was very attentive and paced our evening slowly as requested. We chose the Pork Belly as an appetiser and it was enough for two and quite nice. For mains I had the chicken breast which I enjoyed, but my husbands NY strip steak was tough and he couldn't finish it. He ordered it medium rare but because of the uneven cut, some was medium and some was well-done. I think for the area it is an OK restaurant, but for us wasn't anything super special. It is busy and if you stick to the basics will probably be fine. We both thought the prices charged were reasonable for what we ate.Special Features:
- Always great !!kathyDined on 7/31/2014This my favorite place to go in Durango ! They have consistently great food, and wait staff. Love this place !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandchildrenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/31/2014A night out with grandchildren was handled very well by our waitstaff.Special Features:
- Durango Local's FavoriteJazzman3Dined on 7/28/2014We went to Ken & Sue's with my Dad (whose is retired) and his wife, who were visiting Durango from Houston, TX. They know wine, food and menus, and they can "eat anywhere" they please, so we wanted them to enjoy dinner is Durango. Menu offering, food and service was outstanding, and my wife commented to me during dinner that Ken & Sue's was her new "favorite" restaurant in Durango.Special Features:
- JaJiJuDiDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful evening outside. Food was wonderful (absolutely love the sautéed spinach) and waitperson was great. Marqaritas are excellent. Thanks for a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ken & Sue'sWardenDined on 7/23/2014Ken & Sue's was crowded and noisy as you would expect from a top-rated restaurant in Durango at the height of tourist season. Part of the noise issue was being seated immediately inside the front door. I think being seated away from the door might have been a little quieter experience. The food was good, but not great. The salad was enormous and quite tasty. I would try them again just to try some of their other dishes. Overall an average dining experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeterMacDined on 7/23/2014Our second visit here. Just as good as last year. We even had the same attentive and personable waitstaff - Christine. We look forward to the next time we are in Durango for another visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, Great foodErinVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was a woman dining alone and asked not to be stuck at an undesirable table or the bar where I would be hassled. I was given the best table in the house and was personally checked on by Sue, the owner. It was my second visit, so after the unusual and fabulous scallops with potato curls and spicy aioli starter, I went right for the crème brulee. It is the best I have had and I have tried this dessert at all the restaurants in Denver and in Durango. Then it was on to the salad with gorgonzola and walnuts with apples. I was very satisfied. On my first visit, the shrimp spring rolls were surprisingly unusual and delicious. Try it with their refreshing iced hibiscus tea. This is definitely the best restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Personable and attentive wait staff. Unfortunately, the food was not up to expectations: my scallops (daily special) was drowning in sauce and my wife's filet was tasteless and not tender. Hoping for a better finish, we ordered the molten lava cake; after the prerequisite 18 minute wait, it lacked the chocolate lava (like they forgot to add it) and was just a mound of cake. Ummm. We'll probably try something else the next time we visit Durango.
- Always satisfyingGaelenDined on 7/21/2014This is easily my 10 th time eating here, and I make it an annual event when I'm in town. The food is always great , the specials are interesting with good flavor profiles, and the cocktails and wine are plentiful and well done. They even have great choices for my toddler. It's such a comfortable environment, it just seems right for a casual night out, or a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect find for vacationerseljefeDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I have dined here three times and have never been disappointed. The waitstaff is always very personable and knowledgeable, and you can tell the restaurant puts an emphasis on that. They deliver quality food that's well-prepared and very competitive in price. We ate at Pagosa Spring's most upscale restaurant and paid $40 dollars more for a meal that was a notch or two below the quality of Ken and Sue's. We'll definitely be coming back year, after year, after year ... you get the idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Durango's BestFrequentDynerVIPDined on 7/19/2014Every aspect of our meal was great. The food was prepared well and served up hot and tasty. Would eat here again on our next trip to Durango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our go toSwedeDined on 7/19/2014We are locals and default to Ken and Sue's for those special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funny name but good foodErinVIPDined on 7/19/2014I'm in town from Denver for a trial. My husband is a vegetarian so I ordered the filet mignon with lobster--surf and turf. I found no evidence of lobster and I spit out about 1/4 of the steak because it was tough and chewy. The crème brulee on the other hand, was excellent. They added too many strawberries. It should have been just enough for a garnish, not enough to make the delicious crème taste like strawberries, but it was still excellent. The service was extremely friendly. I don't think I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.