Ken & Sue's
636 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ken & Sue's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kenandsues.com/
- Phone: (970) 385-1810
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ken Fusco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Ken & Sue's
Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ken & Sue's - Best Restaurants in Durango ›
Ken & Sue's reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (54)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (23)hot spot (20)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great atmosphere, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014I ordered the gnocchi, which I have done in the past. This service was overcooked, as was the accompanying spinach. The server was friendly and attentive. The portabello mushroom soup was a winner.Special Features:
- Best in Durango.darby149Dined on 6/14/2014Without a doubt, our favorite restaurant in Durango. The food and service are always great. Great wine selection. And unbelievably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014We had a nice romantic dinner here for my birthday. Great cocktail selection. and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- EzgoindownDined on 6/10/2014Ken and Sue's was a pleasant experience for dinner.Service and food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tuna was the greatestShawneeDined on 6/7/2014Always enjoy the fine tuna...only alittle cooked. Asian slaw not as good as before...not much punch. Also, would be good to be able to substitute for all the bread that comes with the fish. Fish sauce was so good and my husband used it on his chicken as well.Special Features:
- Local GemcarleenDined on 6/6/2014Excellent food with great prices. Ken & Sue's has everything from amazing cuisine to ambience. Beautiful interior to great outdoor dining. They meet or exceed every need from a romantic experience to welcoming children. Somehow they make it all work!Special Features:
- Vacation regulartraveldinerDined on 6/5/2014Ken and Sue's is the best restaurant in Durango. It has the two most important qualities: excellent quality food and consistency. Every time we dine there, the food quality is unchanged. No doubt this is due to the consistent leadership of the owner-chef. The back patio is the best ambiance. The staff is personable and well trained,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything done wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Incredible large outside patio with just enough privacy under the tents, with water features and greenery! Great selection of light fare to filling. Super good service with the right amount of friendly. But...don't order the white chocolate cheese cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant!vagypsygirlVIPDined on 6/2/2014This is a local favorite that is also quite popular among the tourists! The menu items are varied and interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal there!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The drinks -two martinis were watered down as if they had sat in the shaker too long. There was no salt or sugar on the rim as indicated on the menu and they were so full that we couldn't drink them without spilling. The food, potstickers , tuna and two ancho shrimp crusted salads tasted old as if they had been in the refrigerator too long. The salads were very inconsistent. One had lots of mango and the other had virtually none. I think perhaps their menu is too extensive and they are unable to go through things fast enough to keep them fresh.Special Features:
- FavoritetexasDined on 5/31/2014Always stop here when in Durango. Suggest making reservations far in advance as possible!Special Features:
- First choiceErk5Dined on 5/29/2014I've been in Durango for about 4 years cumulatively now and Ken and Sue's remains my favorite restaurant in town. It's my first choice when going out with friends and has become a staple stop for my mother as well whenever she visits. The quality of the food and large menu are enough to bring anyone in, but I belive it's the additional charisma and vibrancy of the staff that's ultimately responsible for so many return customers. They work hard, and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Durango gemstablebumDined on 5/29/2014One of our top meals in Durango! The bar service was quick, the cocktails were great. The wine list was impressive. Our waiter was friendly & professional. I had the homemade pasta & chicken parm, it was so good. My husband had the pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon - a winner! Generous portions, lively & not too expensive. Keep it up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outdoor patio. Enjoyable.Mlr68Dined on 5/26/2014We enjoyed our meal at Ken and Sue's. Nice outdoor patio with pleasant servers and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2014After pointing out a table I the rear that was being cleaned, would be ours in a few minutes, 10 minutes later we were seated at a table at the end of the bar. Very uncomfortable table as people sitting at the bar hovered over us. Service was poor for a restaurant with this level of recommendation. My last time here
- Great ServiceDemiDined on 5/24/2014Our experience at Ken and Sue's was terrific. The food was fresh, healthy and delicious. The service was excellent with great suggestions on local beer, dishes and where to go for other types of good and experiences while in Durango. We will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeWDined on 5/21/2014Ken & Sue’s provided wonderful dining experience from reception to departure. Efficient, attentive, but not overpowering, the service was awesome. Our booth provided a sense of privacy, but not isolation. Our meals were top notch. Fresh, inovative, delicious! The costs, wow all this was quite affordable.Special Features:
- Best in DurangoMmmollyDined on 5/18/2014The food was outstandingly delicious and the wine list was impressive. We made the mistake of trying others in town and none could match our meal at Ken & Sue's.Special Features:
- Okay experienceBorn2BrewDined on 5/11/2014Ken & Sue's had become my favorite Durango restaurant. I went with my wife for Mother's Day and felt the experience was sub-par to previous visits. I'm not exactly sure what was different but instead of the usual outstanding service and food, both were just okay.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food and service was great at Ken and Sues. We were dinning with small children and they were very patient and accommodating. I look forward to the next time I get to dine at Ken and SuesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The food was great and we loved our waitress! We celebrated our 11th Anniversary and our waitress took a picture for us. We would come here againSpecial Features:
- Great food excellent servicebballyDined on 5/7/2014The food was fantastic and served with style. Many Owings hard to choose just one item Great job by the chef and the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be back....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Loved the food, people were very nice and friendly....i would definitely come again....one of my favorite dinning experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OK, but nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014This is not my first dining experience with Ken & Sue's. We ate here for dinner on 05/06/14. We were greeted warmly and seated quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions. I chose pasta with chicken; she chose Salmon. The Salmon was good and properly prepared. The pasta was good, a little soupy with marinara. However, the chicken which was layered on top in four pieces, was way overcooked and very tough. Mostly it was placed aside and a big disappointment. The chef needs to not overcook meats so that they are juicy and flavorful. This was not. This is not a bad place to eat, but there are better choices. It's somewhat unremarkable. The ambiance of the restaurant is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2014We had reservations for four and ended up with five folks. They were very gracious and moved us to another table to accommodate our party. Food is always excellent, staff is great...I LOVE the scallops on Tuesday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitLuvseafoodDined on 5/3/2014Our 2nd dinner, somewhat underwhelmed this time. Dishes were heavily spiced and salads were overdressed. Staff service was still attentive,Special Features:
- Superb Dining Experienceluv4wineDined on 5/2/2014Our family of four made reservations for dinner on a Friday night. We loved the ambiance and the food was delicious. We enjoyed a signature cocktail and a bottle of wine as well - all were wonderful. The waitress made a special effort to make our evening memorable as we were celebrating a graduation. She went as far as creating a custom graduation card using a photograph she took. The evening was one to remember - we highly recommend Ken and Sue's. And reservations for dinner are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014I had a special table request and the manager was very accommodating. The service was friendly and attentive. Excellent menu and food. Onene of e best restaurants in Durango.Special Features:
- Ken and Sues is a local faveLoloDined on 4/27/2014HI there, Ken and Sue's is a wonderful choice in Durango, Colorado for lunch or dinner, special occasions especially, or just spur of the moment. You will find friendly, "real" waitstaff, great local sourced foods, and an adequately extensive wine list. Whereas many restaurants that serve top quality gourmet food, the waitstaff can often be uppity, you will not find that at Ken and Sue's, just good food, fair prices and great service. Thanks~~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Durango GemstimpyDined on 4/26/2014This was our first time at Ken&Sue's. We have dined at many fine restaurants in Durango, this was by far our best experience thus far. From the scallop appetizers to the main course (halibut & filet mignon), everything was superb! One of Durango's best! The food was cooked to perfection. Reservations are a must. Tables are close together, so not very ideal for a truly romantic, quiet evening. Will return here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!Foodie55VIPDined on 4/24/2014Fantastic new appetizers. . .scallops with brussel sprouts and bacon slaw and pork belly with spicy kimchee. Very creative, lovely presentation and delicious. Our server was friendly. Provided us with wine samples to help us with our selection. Perfect degree of attention.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Great food, great service. I believe our waitress was named Summer and she was great. Really enjoyed the food, we love Ken and Sue's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in DurangoVburrDined on 4/16/2014What a gem of a restaurant in Durango, CO, the service (By Wilson), ambience, great wine & food, what a fun evening. Don't miss the wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eatsthree4dinnerDined on 4/8/2014we were greeted kindly and taken to our reserved table, even being 1/2 hour early. the food was amazing, and service was excellent. the ambience was perfect. made for an excellent night out with the family while on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDonaldDined on 4/6/2014We've never been disappointed. We especially like the seared tuna appetizer and the cheesecake, but we also like many of the main courses. This is one of the 3 best restaurants in Durango in our estimation.Special Features:
- Ken and Sue's DurangoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014We brought some out of town friends for another great evening at Ken and Sue's. Our veggie friend and our meat eaters all had a great meal. The grouper was awesome and so was the chicken. Interesting special banana cream pie ice cream dessert was fun. Service was professional and as usual, Durango friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMerlinDined on 4/3/2014Overall, the experience was great as our friends enjoyed the food and ambiance. The food, particularly the Cobb Salad, was a surprise, a bit too spicy and not looking like a Cobb Salad. Must be fusion food. Still, good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014We had heard about Ken & Sue's but had never been there. It was terrific - food was great, knowledgable staff, robust wines, and amazingly affordable! Loved the flatbread with caper & salmon appetizer. Worth the wait... Best to make a reservation. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014Great food, great service, never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Quality you can count on!LovesDurangoDined on 3/31/2014Great selection and always good quality, delicious food. Friendly and Helpful Servers. So happy they take reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.