Kemoll's Italian Restaurant
One Metropolitan Square
Saint Louis, MO 63101Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Kemoll's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kemolls.com/
- Phone: 3144210555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Don Tadlock
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wine
- Catering: Experienced in catering off site events. Lunches and dinners. Hot or cold food. With service staff or drop off.
- Private Party Facilities: Six private rooms accommodating groups from 10 to 400. A/V equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Mattingly 3144210555x
A word from Kemoll's Italian Restaurant
Filet Mignon in a delicate cognac cream sauce, fresh artichoke slices hand dipped and fried to a golden brown, succulent broiled lobster tails, fork tender veal scaloppini and mouth watering pasta dishes made from authentic Sicilian family recipes...and then there's the view! Located on the 40th floor of the Metropolitan Square building in downtown St. Louis Kemoll's is a destination restaurant offering stunning 360 degree views of the Arch, the river and all of downtown. Kemoll's offers great options for private dining. Six private rooms including our premier event space Top of the Met make Kemoll's a popular choice for weddings and large corporate functions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Kemoll's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown St. Louis ›
Kemoll's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (128)special occasion (109)romantic (97)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (23)notable wine list (23)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our wait staff was very good. One friend's food was too spicey to eat but this issue was handled well. Overall food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and DecadentDinner4twoDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I had our wedding reception at Kemoll's in 2012. For our second wedding anniversary this year we decided to go back for an early dinner. It was absolutely wonderful. Wally our waiter was on-point. The food was beyond lovely and the serving sizes and quality is well worth the price. The ambiance was fantastic and it was a lovely quiet dinner. We shared a house salad with the complimentary cheese bread and I had the filet with the demi glace sauce (with sun-dried tomato penne pasta) and my husband had the pork chop (with olive oil penne pasta). Slightly disappointed their menu has changed and the Aromatico (rosemary cream) sauce is no longer available. A most excellent establishment that has earned its exemplary food reputationSpecial Features:
- Kemoll'sserviceDined on 9/12/2014Service was mediocre, waitress just didn't fit in. She wore a tux, but wasn't tux worthy. She claimed she "ate her way thru the menu" which made her qualified to work there. She wasn't vibrant and worthy of 15%, but she got that. Normally i would give 20-25% for an upscale dining experience with service to match upscale, but our gal just wasn't there. Now as far as the food, it was wonderful. We had an awesome experience with the view and the food. My 84 y/o father and special needs daughter of 14 were in heaven as my wife and i enjoyed their enjoyment.Special Features:
- Service Could be BetterPhotogDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and view! My party of four had a wonderful time. The only sour note(s) was that our waitress disappeared for the last third of our meal and her assistant was not nearly as attentive. I had to wait to start my dinner until I was able to ask for a knife. Then later my dessert was served without a fork. Lastly my empty water glass remained unfilled for the last half hour or more of our meal. Not the kind of service I was expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeandKarenDined on 9/9/2014We celebrated an important life event at Kemoll's and decided that we would like to make time for a regular "date night" at this spectacular restaurant!Special Features:
- Very relaxing, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2014We had a very relaxing time at Kemoll's and the food was outstanding. The wait staff seemed a bit inexperienced, but were very friendly and polite. The view was great, and my wife and I had a good celebration of her birthday. Although I would not typically spend this kind of money on a meal, the overall experience was worth it all!Special Features:
- First time visitLunchtimeDined on 9/5/2014As a first time guest I was very pleased. The atmosphere was very warm and pleasant. The staff was attentive and friendly however the waiter who seated us was preoccupied and aloof. The food was appetizing and plentiful. The view overlooking the city exceeded expectations. Would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wudguy1Dined on 9/4/2014The food was superb, the view was unbelievable and the service superb. Best cannelloni I have ever eaten. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a special eveningMiketinkDined on 8/22/2014Kemolls is always at the top of our list for a special evening. Service is great as well as food. New menu is a little abbreviated but if you don't see and old favorite ask and they will prepare. God I love their fettuccine Alfredo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The4ofusDined on 8/19/2014We celebrated our friends' anniversary at Kemoll's on Tuesday night. Our meal was fantastic and the entire experience was wonderful. I just purchased gift cards for ourselves and to give to my sister and husband for future meals there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdequateLindsayDined on 8/18/2014The food and service was only adequate for the high price they charge. Great view but not worth the price.Special Features:
- We love Kemoll's, but 2 requests9yearsandcountingDined on 8/18/2014We go to Kemoll's every year for our anniversary dinner. We love it and reccomend it constantly. That said, we were so sad to see the Veal Saltimboca was not on the menus anymore! The veal Parmesan was good, but not incredible. Can you bring it back? Second, and this is a small request, but the music was a pop station. The ambience for our romantic dinner, the view, the professional staff... It feels like classical or jazz or Sinatra-esque kind of music. Not Smashmout singing "All Star". We'll be back- bit did want to share our thoughts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentTheresaDined on 8/18/2014Great food, great views, excellent service. Always look forward to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinstonVIPDined on 8/16/2014Not only a wonderful, consistently good restaurant, but we enjoyed a most spectacular view of the St. Louis Arch and riverfront. Hard to beat Kemoll's as a great venue for a quiet, romantic meal or to celebrate a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Kemoll's was great. The service was wonderful and very accomodating. Food was delicious and the portions are huge! My husband and I both came home with enough food for a whole other meal. The house salad was wonderful!Special Features:
- 2foodiesat125Dined on 8/15/2014We always enjoy Kemoll's. We always ask for Kevin and he makes our dining experience truly memorable. The view is fantastic, the food excellent and our evening is always a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSidneyDined on 8/15/2014Great food and service. Romantic atmosphere. Although pricey, portions are generous and enough for the next day.Special Features:
- Disappointed after many great timeslove2eatDined on 8/15/2014After eating there many times and walking away with a great dining experience, the last visit was a bomb. Service was almost non existent. Five minutes before our server showed up at the table. Then over 10 minutes to get my drink, and 15 minutes for my wife's bottle of wine to be presented (only after asking someone to find our server). We wouldn't see our server for 15 minutes. Refill drink order took another 15 minutes. And, the place was almost empty at 7:00PM on a Friday night. When the food arrived, my wife's Salmon was very over cooked -dry and hard, and my Tenderloin (ordered med-rare) was still cold in the middle. Yes, cold, I'm not exaggerating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This place was great. The food and service were outstanding and the view was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We chose a Monday night with no baseball game or event in town and almost had the place to ourselves. It was just what we were looking for to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. Our meals were wonderful, wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. And, you can't beat the view from the 40th floor, no matter which direction you face, all are breathtaking. A very pricey place, but for the right occasion, it's great!Special Features:
- Always superbStLdiner1966Dined on 8/11/2014The dining area is sophisticated, the service professional, and the food is always superb.Special Features:
- Kemoll's RestaurantTheresaDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food, love the atmosphere. Great place to celebrate a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10yearannyanyannyDined on 8/8/2014Kemolls has the best dining and atmosphere in town. The food is always great and there are no better views around. Its easy to get excited about something as simple as pasta when you're eating at Kemolls. The wait staff is knowledgeable, pleasant, and Nonintrusive. We are 100% pleased with our experience at Kemolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view but not costJimandnancyDined on 8/7/2014Have been coming to Kemolls for 40+ years. However this time was a major disappointment View is still outstanding as is the service but the food and costs are not in line with our many past visits. When we asked about changes in the food prep were told new menu and preparation about month old. Also included new pricing. There are some gems. House salad has changed but still excel and the cheese bread is worth trip. One of my favorites Linguini Tuta Mare has suffered with change and the green bean side withy wife's Wahoo was not good This was our 44 anniversary and we wished had gone somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- Disappointedlcc45Dined on 8/6/2014I first had Kemoll's June of this year and enjoyed the experience so much that I decided to treat my boyfriend for his birthday. I was extremely disappointed with the experience this go around. I had to change my entree because the chicken was extremely dry. I was equally as disappointed in the second entree. Although the food was bad, the staff was accommodating in taking care of that issue. However, I don't think I will visit Kemoll's again. Just not worth it.
- Why Kemoll's has survived 90 yrs...StuartDined on 8/6/2014It is wonderful to be able to enjoy what was once a "semi-secret" . The old neighborhood sadly had met the fate of North St. Louis City....a killing field. We dined for my wife's special birthday dinner, and wow was it wonderful. We both had fork tender veal, not in any way cheap but delicious. Dinner is not cheap, and the upcharges seemed petty.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I felt like I was on a cruise ship. Food, service and ambience was excellent.Special Features:
- Ball GameScottDined on 8/6/2014If you like to eat great food and your going to the ball game, well this is the place. Order the Early Bird Special menu and then walk to the ball park after dinner. Free parking after you eat and then the ball game, it worked out great for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I just loved this place. We had a perfect view if the Arch, the food was plentiful and delicious and the service was A+Special Features:
- Excellent food and great views!LowvalueVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was great and very large portions over looking the Arch! Service was very good and prices were appropriate for food and location. Will definitely go back for special occasions.Special Features:
- DisappointingNikfromnashVIPDined on 8/4/2014Had heard about Kemoll's for years. We were in St. Louis for our anniversary and decided to try if. Strange atmosphere. The dining room seemed more like a room where they stored extra tables and silk plants. It was just uncomfortable. The chairs had broken down seats. The food was extremely salty. I had the Cannelloni. My husband had Veal. I feel this restaurant was probably really good in its day but seems that its day is over. The service was excellent & the view is gorgeous. Too bad.
- Liked the First VisitLuvitthefirsttimeDined on 8/2/2014I was very disappointed with the menu. The first time we visited Kemoll's the food was great. I had the pasta with salmon and I love it. On the second visit we found that the menu had changed and it really wasn't appealing. I would recommend this restaurant but I don't know if I would return any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb CuisineStoneyDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 35th anniversary on Monday evening at Kemoll's. Once again, they made the evening very special. We enjoyed four excellent courses with cocktails and wine over several hours. The waitstaff was there when we needed them, otherwise let us just reflect over the joy of 35 years.Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Was looking for a restaraunt in the area and cane across Kemolls. Was not disappointed at all and would reccomend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsBillVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had dinner with friends where our spouses had previously dined. It was all they said. The food, service, selections, drinks were just great as well as Wally the waiter. Nice location and worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef and pasta?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Does beef and pasta go together? Damn right it does! I highly recommend the Beef Tenderloin Risotto. By far the tenderest cuts of beef on a bed of mushroom risotto and asparagus. Delicious! And who can beat that view, maybe 360, but for a nice quiet date with your gal, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We went to celebrate that I was moving for my new job. We went for lunch and the restaurant was perfect. We had a great view of the Arch and the food was delicious. The lunch prices were reasonable, and the service was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikandiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014First time dining at Kemolls . Food marvelous view exquisite menu needs to be updated prices are much higher than theweb menuSpecial Features:
- Go for view... not for food.Food1Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were excited to try Kemoll's but were left feeling a little disappointed. We found the signature artichokes a little dry. My wife's beef was bland and not seasoned. My chicken tasted like something I could have bought in the freezer at Dierberg's. We had to wait over an hour for the food, however we were given complimentary wine and cheese bread. Also, a free slice of cheesecake. The service was second to none, (except for a loud little waiter adjacent to our table), but the check was too much for lackluster entrees. It's a cool spot, but heed the title of this post.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food is incredible, it just takes a while to arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.