1545 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kelseysac.com/
- Phone: 6093442200x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday -Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern
- Executive Chef: Kelsey Jackson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Offering a wide variety of Southern favorites catering available at our place or yours. Specializing in outdoor barbecue catering, office gathering, boxed lunches, celebrations of 30 to 500.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, Neo Soul and R&B presented weekly.
- Special Events: Check our calendar for featured artist. Live music every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
A word from Kelsey's
Atlantic City's premiere supper club. Come experience the rebirth of KY and the curb. Kelsey's is an extension of Kelsey & Kim's Restaurants established in 1996 offering the areas best soul food and southern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kelsey's - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Kelsey's reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (76)special occasion (66)hot spot (59)neighborhood gem (54)late-night find (47)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (38)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great for a social gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed my first visit there and I plan on returning. The entertainment was very nice and everyone in my group enjoyed it. It really was nice not to pay for parking. I am a Christian and this was a very good place that I felt was good even for a Christian to come and chill without feeling uncomfortable and to compromise core values. Thank You Kelsey's this was truly an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Try for yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The ambiance was very nice. Seems like it would be a good place to go Friday nights for the live music. The live music was good, when they finally stopped doing mic checks (The multiple mic checks were annoying). The food was okay. The side dishes were very good (yams, salad, Mac and cheese, string beans). But, the entrées weren't great. We ordered blackened salmon and Shrimp E’touffee. The salmon was dry and lacked flavor and the Shrimp E’touffee wasn't, for me, anything to write home about. One of the sausages in the dish tasted raw so i didnt finish the dish. The cornbread can be skipped. The service was decent. Nothing bad to say there. While I wouldn't return, I recommend you try it for yourself.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014This is the place to go if you are lookin for soul food..the service was great and the food was fantastic.. cant wait to go gackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just greatmrstt6Dined on 8/23/2014this is the only place i love to dine at while in ac. kim and kelsey need to open up a spot in philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was new or tired... maybealwaystryinDined on 8/22/2014First walked in around 10:30pm, there was LOUD rap music playing. Eventually it did change to r&b. Our waitress spilled a little of my friend's drink on our table, which she never wiped up. My friend requested French dressing for her salad, received Ranch...waitress never replaced it. I received a plain baked potato (a bit underbaked) because she gave my butter and sour cream to the guests at the next table. Luckily, the food eased the mistakes a little. I had Crab cakes with potato & collards...delicious!! I might rethink going on a late Friday night next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDimplesDined on 8/22/2014Everything seems to be delicious. I got the seafood combination with collard greens and yams...amazing. My two girlfriends got smothered turkey chops and crab cakes. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- shabazzssDined on 8/17/2014The food and service was great! The only complaint would be that the buffett ran out of plates twice while I was in line. This caused the line to be backed up. When you have a buffett plates should be the last thing you run out of. The young man who was working the food area was doing an awesome job but he couldn't do it all by himself....stock food and plates. There should have been at least 2-3 people working the food area. But overall is was a great expereince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big TastyEarlybird42Dined on 8/16/2014Great food and live music combine to make a memorable and fun dining experience. Laid back atmosphere with all the charm of southern dining reminded us of a trip to New Orleans. This is a hidden gem in Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodSheSheDined on 8/16/2014Best brunch I ever had. I would definitely go back when I visit AC again.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in South JerseyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014This place was awesome. I had family and friends tell me about Kelsey's and me and my husband finally made the 50 minute trip to try it. We were pleasantly amazed by the nice atmosphere, the delicious food, and the wonderful host, who greeted it us so graciously. We don't care of the distance, we will definitely dine here again, and this will be our only brunch place from here on out! Loved it!Special Features:
- Great food, but service was lackingRDNfoodieDined on 8/16/2014The food here was absolutely great. We came for the buffet brunch on Saturday and everything was steaming hot, fresh, and delicious. I loved the fried fish, omelet & pancake station, as well just about everything on the buffet. Everything was so tasty. Our main issue with this restaurant was the service. We had reservations for 10 am, which was the time of opening. When we arrived at 9:55 the doors were still locked. At 10:05, they were still locked even though we were standing at the door waiting. I had to end up calling the restaurant to get someone to open the door. I felt this was unacceptable since we had made a reservation so they should have expected us.Special Features:
- food was awesomepoochieDined on 8/15/2014we went on a Friday night, the crowd was steady and the food was awesome, happy hour is 4-7 all appetizers half off, the owner came out and mingled with the guests.this is a must for soul food eating and it is about a block or two from the boardwalk. I also enjoyed the entertainment mellow music with a live bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special day2JerseystrongDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were in town for our anniversary.This restaurant was a great dinner choice. The atmosphere was very inviting and the food was great. The entertainment was nice,as we sang along to some familiar tunes. The drinks were reasonably priced and good.(Jersey Strong) was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks need HELP!!!Foodlover52Dined on 8/10/2014Great names for the drinks, too bad they didn't taste great too!! So disappointed!! Cornbread was excellent. Fried chicken, mac & cheese, potato salad were good. Collards needed help and the yams were too sweet. My visit overall was ok but, I don't think I will return.Special Features:
- Soul Food FindingChocolate13Dined on 8/10/2014Place was clean, staff looked professional, good was good only complaint is the web menu does not match the menu at Resturant. Most of the desserts on web they didn't have in restaurant. They have to up date their web site. And server forgot to ask us if we wanted drinks, she brought water but I had to call her to table to order bar drinks. Over all I would go back. Oh and some tables got bread but we didn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeGriffonDined on 8/10/2014We can from Philly had the best food and time love it will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!pshizzDined on 8/9/2014I had the apple martini, blackened salmon, Mac and cheese, collard greens and corn bread. Everything was delicious! Only complaint was the air conditioning was broken so it was a very hot room. Otherwise, food, live music and staff were great.Special Features:
- Music Food and AmbienceMagnumDined on 8/9/2014The music from "magic" was really tremendous fun! They were GREAT! Shrimp and Grits was first rate! Service initially slow was very good. Very friendly, warm spot and the live music again was special!Special Features:
- AwesomeLIW51Dined on 8/9/2014My visit was phenomenal and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressedmtairygirl2Dined on 8/6/2014After a little confusion about our reservation, we were seated and then greeted by our server. She answered questions about the wine list (very limited). Home style/ soul food cooking isn't usually my first choice when dining out, but I was surprised by the overal dining experience. The food was fresh, not over-salted and was served piping hot. The staff was professional and were very patient with my elderly dining partner. Would dine at Kelsey's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelsey's - all that's good in ACAnnapolisBobDined on 8/5/2014Dinner here was great. The service was very attentive and friendly. The food was amazing. I had the catfish, which had the most incredible breading on it, and not the slightest bit greasy! We all left happy and eager to return again. If you are looking for a relaxing dinner and wonderful service - this is your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014They did have sweet potatoe pic I was looking forward to that! Overall it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Southern FoodnjBeachYOGADined on 8/2/2014A great place to go with some fries if you want to have very flavorful southern food in south jersey. The place has a cool vibe and is very friendly. Order the corn bread! It's worth the trip just for that and the bang bang shrimp. Our meals were generous portions and not a drop of grease on the friend catfish or friend chicken. Our server wasn't knowledgable about the drink menu and my specialty drink wasnt as described on the drink menu- but that's the only part of the night that was off. We will go back!Special Features:
- BonnieDined on 8/2/2014This is not my first time at Kelsey's I keep returning because the atmosphere is great and the music awesome. Great neighborhood fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great off-boardwalk experienceKeithDined on 7/30/2014If you don't mind walking off the Atlantic City boardwalk area, this is a great little restaurant. Food was amazing, and the portions were huge. Keep this in mind if you're staying at a hotel, as we were. Hard to take leftovers with you! Service was great as well, our waitress couldn't have been nicer. Only "complaint" was that our table was rather small, even for the two of us. You'll be getting a lot of food - request a bigger table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, reasonably pricedFoodThoughtsfromVTBDined on 7/30/2014Three of us went to dinner at Kelsey's on the recommendation of a friend. Service was prompt and friendly, GM visited our table to ask about our dinner and thank us for coming. Most importantly, the food was wonderful. We each had a different entree--all were tasty with enough to take home. All for less than $100 with a drink for two of us. Don't miss it when you're next in AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceMickeyDined on 7/30/2014Food was very good. Hot and well prepared. Service was good once it arrived. Had to wait at least (10) minutes for server to come. Had to remind manager we were there.Special Features:
- Amazing food and efficient servicePDad62Dined on 7/26/2014Everything was delicious from the cornbread, salad, entrees of ribs, fried chicken, shrimp and salmon. Disappointed we couldn't stay for live jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Food was outstanding, Live band was jamming. Definitely would recommend, and will go again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Walked in at 7:30, when the music started playing, could not hear the person sitting across from me so if you don't like loud music, it might not be your kind of place. Also, no Alligator Bites (should take it off the menu since its been at least 6 months we were told). However - Food was excellent! Service was good, atmosphere was well done and the band was terrific. It's a little pricey but for the food you get and the quality of the food - it's well priced. We had an appetizer (corn bread), 2 entree's (I had the ribs she had the shrimp and grits) both came with salad and mine had 2 sides - Candied Yams (which were delicious) and Macaroni & Cheese (she ate it before I could get to it)Special Features:
- NC Ladies love Kelsey'sswingphiswingDined on 7/24/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and employees of Kelsey's. We enjoyed so much we ate there twice in one day. Keep up the great work and when in the area again will definitely be stopping by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!dionne424Dined on 7/20/2014I'm so happy I found this place. I took my husband and some of our friends to celebrate his birthday. They were so great to us, and the food was delicious. We were all impressed, and decided to make this a regular stop when we visit AC, which is often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainmentAsset2000Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great time! The food is great and on the weekends, great music. Some nights are Jazz so you need to see what music is available each weekend. They are also starting late night comedy on some weekends.Special Features:
- Southern, soul food AND great musichungrytodayDined on 7/13/2014We were going to be staying in Atlantic City just because it was less expensive for ocean front rooms than Ocean City just 9 miles south where we had tickets for a concert. I checked TripAdvisor for places to eat, and Kelsey's was among the tops. We now know why. If you like good, southern/soul food regardless of background, race, or where you were reared, this is the place to go. We were greeted and served by such friendly people who seemed genuinely happy to see us, and the food was tremendous (I had my first try at collard greens)...I figured I'd try the southern fried chicken. Add to all of that the fact that there was a great combo playing (every Sunday night, at least for the summer of '14), and we had a winning combination.Special Features:
- great entertainment!travel4foodDined on 7/12/2014Live music and great service! Great portions as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vibes!Tee23Dined on 7/12/2014We went to Kelsey's for dinner and to see The Amazing Grace Little perform. The performance was spectacular and the food was great our server was just a little flighty and absent minded. We went for a special occasion, my husband's birthday, and did receive optimal performance seating as requested. The hostess was very accommodating even on a fairly busy Saturday evening. Yes, I would definitely go again and just hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid back diningRandJRDined on 7/12/2014Friendly help and pleasant owners mingling with the crowd. Happy hour specials at the bar. We had the beef ribs and stuffed shrimp. Very good and we will return. We were there before for the Saturday brunch that is available on Sunday also. Large assortment of food.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceKhoseamVIPDined on 7/4/2014Soul food was excellent. Jazz band was good but a little loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will leave happy!secretfoodieDined on 7/3/2014Came to AC for the 4th with family. We read about this place and the hype is real! The food was fantastic! Didn't leave one crumb behind and I was happily stuffed. Cornbread, collard greens with bits of pork, crab cakes full of crab meat and little filing, fried chicken perfectly seasoned and cooked, mac and cheese - all great choices! Yummy! Only wish there were more jumbo shrimp in the grits. But the all dishes had large portion size and great for the price. Definitely go hungry. Chef Kelsey even came out at the end of the night and asked us how we enjoyed our meal! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service needs workJeffVIPDined on 7/3/2014They need training on the service side of the house but food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.