1545 Pacific Ave
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kelseysac.com/
- Phone: (609) 344-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00am
Friday -Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern
- Executive Chef: Kelsey Jackson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Offering a wide variety of Southern favorites catering available at our place or yours. Specializing in outdoor barbecue catering, office gathering, boxed lunches, celebrations of 30 to 500.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz, Neo Soul and R&B presented weekly.
- Special Events: Check our calendar for featured artist. Live music every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
A word from Kelsey's
Atlantic City's premiere supper club. Come experience the rebirth of KY and the curb. Kelsey's is an extension of Kelsey & Kim's Restaurants established in 1996 offering the areas best soul food and southern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Kelsey's - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Kelsey's reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (58)special occasion (53)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (41)great for brunch (41)fit for foodies (35)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- original waitress never showOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014After 20 mins another waitress came an took charge. We were so annoyed we didnt mention our special occasion(15 yr anniversary). My man loved his food and the band was great once the service started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!NormDined on 11/22/2014My country southern wife Marilyn finally found a restaurant that speaks her language - big time, Kelsey's in Atlantic City at 1545 Pacific Avenue (www.kelseysac.com). She had country ribs with candied yams, collard greens and corn bread. I had a southern fried pork chop smothered in vidalia onions, green beans and the corn bread. It was all superb. I want to try their fried chicken next time, but I think Marilyn will stick to the same menu. She said they were the first ribs that could come close to those by my former co-pastor Andrew Dixon, and that's saying something. The bill was good, only $54.00 plus tip (we only had water to drink). We're going to set up a group to go together on a Sunday night at 6:30 PM when they have a jazz band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rtharoldDined on 11/16/2014My husband & I invited two other couples with us for brunch to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary (for which I totally forgot to use the anniversary coupon you emailed us--ugh 😩)! I loved the ease of making online reservations as we were seated almost immediately after arriving. The atmosphere was warm & inviting, the food was absolutely delicious and the variety was great! There were really only two areas that we felt could be improved. The first is that the buffet surprisingly ran out of plates & utensils for a long enough period of time that a non-moving line formed before more were brought more out. I was also a little disturbed that the plates that were brought out were still very wet. Lastly, although our server was very pleasant, it took her quite some time to take our drink orders before we went to eat. We also had to ask her for several needed condiments and then had to wait too long for her to bring them out. By the time she brought the syrup we requested, our pancakes & French toast were cold. Her pleasant demeanor still earned her a nice tip, but it would have been nice to have better service. Overall, we had a nice morning brunch and had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Horrble host n service. Need to.fire general.manager. No manners or hospitality. I would never come.back here ever again nor tell peopke to come here
- SoulfulSunshineshellyDined on 11/1/2014Great food but really loud. Band was wonderful but loud. Couldn't hear my friends talk and they were right next to me. If you want conversation during dinner this isn't the place. Service was great. Waiter knew the menu and was very friendly. Hostess was terrible. We had reservations but when we arrived , no one acknowledged us. After 10 minutes, we just seated ourselves and then the hostess got angry. Don't know what she was doing -she looked right at us, but ignored our presence, so we just sat ourselves. Other than her rudeness, we enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findPhillyGirl68Dined on 11/1/2014The atmosphere and food were great. Our server started out good, but as the evening progressed, it was difficult to find her. We had to wait quite a few minutes to order dessert and had to ask another server to get our check. The entertainment was great. Having the owner sit and chat for a minute was a plus. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our birthdays and we were happy we chose Kelsey's. It was our first time there, but it will not be the last!Special Features:
- DeniseDeniseDined on 11/1/2014Love the food..Brunch is delish...Everytime I'm in AC..I make sure I stop in Kelseys for Brunch or Dinner... Highly RecommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 10/31/2014Food an services were very good . Music was outstanding.Special Features:
- SheilaDeeDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our Mother/Grandmother's 86th birthday at Kelsey's saturday evening. The food was outstanding and the Melba Moore show was priceless. My Mother truly enjoyed herself. Kudos to our server and the entire Kelsey's staff!Special Features:
- Kelsey's is Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great food and really top notch entertainment. A band called Magic was there- Matt Newsome was the lead singer. Highly entertaining. Went with a 2 other couples. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning experienceStatuzgirlDined on 10/18/2014I went to Kelsey's to celebrate my husbands birthday and the experience was great. Ambiance was really nice, service was good and the food was excellent. The band that played that night were really good. If you are looking for a nice upscale soul food restaurant with some entertainment I recommend Kelsey's. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExhileratingJootsDined on 10/17/2014Our group enjoyed the experience....very upbeat..great music..friendly atmosphere..excellent food. Planning on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingincredableDined on 10/12/2014Me and my Girlfriend cant stop talking about this place the food was so amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musicBebeDined on 10/12/2014My first time at Kelsey's was enjoyable. The food was good and the portions very adequate. The music Tony Day and Across the Globe band was great to listen to while enjoying my meal. They made the evening special. The owner greeted us personally and that was a nice touch. The bar area was well attended and enough TV's to view the sports games. I would strongly suggest making a reservation because there were a lot of people waiting to get in and that seemed to overwhelm the hostess. Also our waitress seemed unsure of a few things. She brought out one glass or water at a time and forget my drink order. I will return again and hope these things will be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food was awesome, and out waiter was excellent! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotYummyfoodDined on 10/12/2014The food was delicious and the location was easy to find. Great brunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSDLCDined on 10/11/2014Food is always cocnsistent. Always fresh and very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummersToMyTummersDined on 10/11/2014My group of 4 couples were in Atlantic City this past weekend to see the Comedy Festival & we ate@Kelsey's first. It was a nice spot with good Soul Food. Everyone in our party was satisfied with their food and drinks. Our Waiter Joe was very friendly and knowledgegable regarding the menu! I love how you can make reservations online, it works great when you're on a time schedule. Someone even got engaged while we were there. OH, and how could I forget that the Live Jazz band got there and set up while we were midway through our dinner. They did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice locationJazzylady369Dined on 10/11/2014food was really good but service lacked service only because they ran out of bread and was short on utensils and Hostess was only 1 person working at door at it took 15minutes for us to even get asked if we had reservations! But I would go there again and the appetizers of buffalo wings was greatttt!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coffee not included in brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014The food was ok but there was not much of it. The pickings were slim without alot of variety. The restaurant was clean and nice with friendly staff. The owner stopped from table to table to promote the nights event and was also very nice. The one thing that got me though was there were no drinks included in the $20 buffet. That fact pulled my rating way down, turned me right off.
- DEbonieDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed dining at Kelsey's immensely and would recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful evening!!FridayNightSpecialDined on 10/3/2014Great evening, service was really efficient as our waitress was extremely helpful and courteous. We came to hear Darchelle's band sing and they gave an outstanding performance (would listen to them everyday), the food was really enjoyable, the atmosphere was very entertaining and warm, and we will definitely be back!!!Special Features:
- awesometankDined on 9/28/2014As always the food and service was outstanding, every time I come to AC I always have to eat at Kelsey's. I tell all my friends to eat there when they come to AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great TimeGaryGDined on 9/27/2014If you a looking for a nice place to enjoy food, friends and live music, then check out Kelsey's on Friday/Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The OwnerSatisfiedDined on 9/20/2014When I visit Kelsey's, Kelsey has always been visable. He greets his guest and make sure everyone feesl special. I visted his restaurant on a Saturday and they were preparing for a show. Kelsey greeted his guest, check on the food, and I am sure many other duties. The thing that stood out the most to me was Kelsey was busting tables which should shows his staff that all jobs are important and if they all work together Kelsey's will remain the number one Soul Food Restaurant in the Tri-State Area. Kudos to you and Kim! Everything was seasoned to perfection and tasted very scrumptious. Our waitress was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious againtrinaandericDined on 9/20/2014The food was outstanding and so was our service. That was one of the best blackened salmon's i've ever had. It was seasonednot burnt and was juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special celebration. NO!WineNoDined on 9/14/2014Shocked that they denied to open a special celebratory bottle of wine we brought even thought we offered to pay a corkage fee. We ended up donating the bottle to the chef. Hope he enjoyed it. Other than that the food was good, the wait service better. We were a party of 20 so you would think they would be more accommodating. I know of 20 future guests that wont be back even thought the food was decent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best comfort food with live musicChuckMDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful comfort food with live music. We felt that the food was if we were in someone's home. Fried chicken and fried shrimp were the entries with broccoli , fries, yams. Apps was ribs. All tasty and more than enough so we were able to bring some home for next day lunch. Four piece combo from philly complemented the evening. We would highly recommend .Special Features:
- tankDined on 9/9/2014great service and the food is so tasty, need to serve corn bread with the meals. most places it comes with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE MUSIC WAS TOO LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I REALLY ENJOYED MY TIME THERE...THE ONLY COMPLAINT THAT I WOULD HAVE IS THAT THE MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WAS NOT CROWDEDSpecial Features:
- Annoyed it was only my first time!eaterVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been going to atlantic city so often in the past year and stay within three blocks but never knew about Kelsey's. Kicking myself because it was amazing! Hopefully I will get there more still because I have been thinking about the sweet tea and shrimp and grits since I left.Special Features:
- ExcellentUniqueLadyGDined on 8/30/2014It was my first time there an I will be back. I would love to know when when the group Magic will be returning. Food was excellent, entertainment was excellent and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kelsey's gave us the best night .AwesomeDined on 8/30/2014It was a night of memories for my family of 12. We had great seats, the friendliest waitress in the world and excellent food. The music sets where great it was all our favorite songs. Oh yea! We laughed, talked, made fun of ourselves, danced, popped our fingers to the music, danced in our seats. Thank you so much Kelsey's for a complete night of awesomeness. Oh my family was very impressed that Kelsey came to the table and introduce himself and spoke with them, very impressive. My family is planning will be back in October and Kelsey's will be one of the stops on the list of activities.Special Features:
- Great for a social gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed my first visit there and I plan on returning. The entertainment was very nice and everyone in my group enjoyed it. It really was nice not to pay for parking. I am a Christian and this was a very good place that I felt was good even for a Christian to come and chill without feeling uncomfortable and to compromise core values. Thank You Kelsey's this was truly an upscale restaurant.Special Features:
- Try for yourselfILikesGoodFoodDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance was very nice. Seems like it would be a good place to go Friday nights for the live music. The live music was good, when they finally stopped doing mic checks (The multiple mic checks were annoying). The food was okay. The side dishes were very good (yams, salad, Mac and cheese, string beans). But, the entrées weren't great. We ordered blackened salmon and Shrimp E’touffee. The salmon was dry and lacked flavor and the Shrimp E’touffee wasn't, for me, anything to write home about. One of the sausages in the dish tasted raw so i didnt finish the dish. The cornbread can be skipped. The service was decent. Nothing bad to say there. While I wouldn't return, I recommend you try it for yourself.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerhomecookingdiva1Dined on 8/27/2014This is the place to go if you are lookin for soul food..the service was great and the food was fantastic.. cant wait to go gackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just greatmrstt6Dined on 8/23/2014this is the only place i love to dine at while in ac. kim and kelsey need to open up a spot in philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!JoyluvsSfoodDined on 8/23/2014Had Brunch recently with some friends, and the buffet was outstanding!everything was fresh and service was pleasurable and informative. Well worth the $$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was new or tired... maybealwaystryinDined on 8/22/2014First walked in around 10:30pm, there was LOUD rap music playing. Eventually it did change to r&b. Our waitress spilled a little of my friend's drink on our table, which she never wiped up. My friend requested French dressing for her salad, received Ranch...waitress never replaced it. I received a plain baked potato (a bit underbaked) because she gave my butter and sour cream to the guests at the next table. Luckily, the food eased the mistakes a little. I had Crab cakes with potato & collards...delicious!! I might rethink going on a late Friday night next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDimplesDined on 8/22/2014Everything seems to be delicious. I got the seafood combination with collard greens and yams...amazing. My two girlfriends got smothered turkey chops and crab cakes. Everyone was pleased.Special Features: