Kelsey's Ellicott City
8480 Baltimore National Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21043Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Kelsey's Ellicott City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kelseysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (410) 418-9076
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm (Limited Menu)
Sunday - Wednesday:
4:00pm - 10:00pm (Full menu)
10:00pm - 11:00pm (Late Night menu)
Thursday - Saturday:
4:00pm - 11:00pm (Full menu)
11:00pm - 12:00am (Late Night menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Kelsey's Ellicott City
Serving Irish Hospitality in Ellicott City, MD since October 17, 1994, Kelsey's Restaurant has been family-owned and operated since the very beginning. Every day we strive to provide excellent food, courteous service, and let's not forget beverages in a friendly, neighborhood pub-style environment.Continued
Over the past 17 years, we have made every effort to live up to these standards and are proud to be known as "Your Neighborhood Meeting Place!"
Over the past 17 years, we have made every effort to live up to these standards and are proud to be known as "Your Neighborhood Meeting Place!"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kelsey's Ellicott City reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (7)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good but Not up to ExpectationMangoKissVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had a nice time. Ambiance and area was nice. We were in the corner where it was private and we could talk. The tea and coffee were good - they should have left hot water and hot coffee karafs on the table for us. The food was pretty good but they really need to work on their execution. I expected way better from them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTallOneDined on 11/11/2014A fantastic local place! The food, service, and atmosphere was great!Special Features:
- Never BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014The new decor and seasonal menu items are beautiful and delicious!Special Features:
- love this neighborhood pubECpubDined on 9/6/2014Very good consistent food that is not your typical pub fare. Great staff and easy to make reservations.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot for EC!ECpubDined on 8/19/2014The food is always consistently wonderful and above what you expect for a Pub! The tuna app is to die for and the happy hour prices are great! The cosmos are perfect and great beer choices!Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Kelsey's Ellicott City reviews archive.
- Nice change in furniture, etc!BillsbestfriendVIPDined on 7/31/2014Looks much nicer & is more conducive to feeling that you can talk to your friends without sharing with the neighboring table! Recommend getting a door between the bar & restaurant - way to noisy when you are busy! Thanks for still being a really nice place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gotoECpubDined on 7/12/2014Service is always friendly and accommodating. Food is very good and consistent but some portions are smaller now like the salads. If a child gets a kids meal the soda is not included in price which I find surprising. Overall, our favorite go to place with our kids and with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusselsRobertVIPDined on 7/10/2014Who knew you could get really good mussels in a shopping center restaurant. Excellent taste but a bit on the small side. Peppercorn Salmon was excellent and cooked perfectly. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New digs, new menu!JodyDined on 6/27/2014Kelsey's was renovated a few months ago, and it looks great. We come here often and it's nice to see the upgrade Our server was just lovely. I tried the fried green tomatoes and shrimp = very tangy! My husband had buffalo wings. His burger and my shrimp salad entries were just great We will be back!Special Features:
- very goodjojoDined on 6/27/2014Seated right away. Overall very good. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrible2EasyDined on 6/18/2014A group of 10 of us, and folks were eating (starving) while some of us were feasting. The service was extremely poor. Anytime you are tracking the whereabouts of the server because you need something is a terrible sign.Special Features:
- Brunch at Kelsey'sPaulDined on 6/15/2014We had six for brunch and sat in a booth. A table would have provided more room but there was a large group at the time we were there. The food was good, but the bacon wasn't as crisp as we would have liked and the first cup of coffee was decidedly weak. The coffee improved and they later brought a carafe to our table. Our waitress was attentive and we could talk and linger without feeling pressured. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Cheers" in Ellicott CitySnadyDined on 6/11/2014Kelseys is a great neighborhood gathering place. The evening we were there we ran into neighbors and all enjoyed a lovely meal together while catching up on the latest in our busy lives. The food is consistently good and the service friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice!SweetyDimplesDined on 6/8/2014everything was way better than I expected...food, service, ambiance. I wanted everything on the brunch menu.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ECpubDined on 5/17/2014We go weekly with kids. Renovations nice and neighborhood gem in an area lacking American pub/ family food. Portions have gotten smaller on salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for bar fooddiningdinerDined on 5/11/2014I choose Kelsey's because of the mix of american and irish food on their menu and the reasonable prices. The waitress was pleasant and helpful, the portions were reasonable size - not huge, but not skimpy either. The Shepard's Pie was the one disappointment being mostly potatoes with only a thin layer of meat, sauce and vegetables on the bottom. Most of the food would have went well with a few beers but not so well for a Mother's day early dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Great service and great food! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The beer was cold!GoVMIDined on 4/18/2014With reservation we were seated promptly. The serving staff made excellent intervals of interruption and useable suggestions. The food was very tasty, however one item was ordered well done and delivered medium rare. There was TVs for everyone to watch sports but not so many that it was obnoxious like another popular eatery in the Baltimore area. I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJAWSDined on 4/10/2014We ordered the Dubliner burger, fish and chips, Reuben sandwich. Everything was very good and done perfectly. We also had Irish beer and hard cider. It was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food and ServiceFoodloverDined on 3/21/2014Kelsey's has the unique distinction in our family of five for satisfying the particular sensitivities and preferences for each of us "foodies". Kelsey's specialty recipes---traditional UK fare---fish and chips, shepherds pie, lamb stew, cottage pie, corned beef and cabbage---they are absolutely as good as the best homemade you've had, or better! And we are never disappointed. The ambience of this traditional Irish pub is warm, fun and friendly. The managers and servers go far out of their way to please, even though the place is always hopping with customers and action in the bar. Kelseys is worth the trip, no matter how far you have to drive to get there. A real Irish gem--you'll feel like you are at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did not have a recordJoemVIPDined on 3/17/2014They did not have a record of the reservation, so they turned us away.
- What Customer Service?NotfedDined on 3/17/2014Arrived a few minutes before our 5:30 reservation made thru Open Window and worked our way to the hostess only to find out that there were NO reservations. The manager told us that Open Table should not have given out any reservations because Kelsey's never has taken reservations on St. Patrick's Day! They told us they had this problem all day and had to turn people away. We were very annoyed at their refusal to be even a little accommodating, accept any responsibility, or show any concern whatsoever for our plight. So we went somewhere else and don't plan to return. So much for customer service. Maybe that's why there were 3 police cars outside!
- St. Patrick's Day4111Dined on 3/15/2014Last minute, a group of 6 decided to go out on Saturday made reservations using open table. Got there was seated promptly at a booth, the place was packed with people all dressed in green!!!! Excellent energy level. While waiting for the last part of our group to join us our server came over and offered us a larger table realizing that 6 of us would be cramped in the booth. Yea, thanks so much for taking the time to offer that suggestion! We spent a couple of hours there eating and drinking and had an excellent time. Had never heard of or been to Kelsey's but delighted that we tried it out. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Quick DinnerjadeandjackDined on 3/8/2014We went to Kelsey's on a whim; neither of us have been before. But having gone, I wouldn't go again. The waitress wasn't attentive (my water glass was empty for almost half the meal), we had to ask for rolls (which were cold and stale), and then dinner was disappointing. I had the risotto, which was crunchy. He had the rotisserie chicken, which was undercooked, with very garlicky mashed potatoes that were smooth as if they came from a box. The accompanied asparagus was very tasty and steamed. Won't go back, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great food and staffKameronDined on 2/18/2014We were in Baltimore for a 3 day vacation and ate dinner here twice. The food was wonderful each time and the staff was very accommodating to the needs of our 2 year old daughter by quickly bringing a high chair and offering to bring her food out as soon as it was ready. My wife loved the crab cakes ( the reason we came back) and I thought their Reuben was absolutely perfect. Short dessert menu, but everything on it is delicious. Great beer and wine list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid friendly dining roomcathyDined on 2/14/2014Ample parking, and we were seated right away on Valentines Day. We had a very friendly server, and had delicious coffee drinks. The dining room was crowded and loud. We were touching elbows with the two tops on either side of us. The kids in the dining room were having a ball: children are welcome here. I thought fish and chips was a safe bet, but the fries were cold and the fish was so greasy it released drops of oil when touched. I asked for more hot fries, but got another batch that tasted like they were cooked the day before. My husband had better luck with his corned beef and cabbage, except the portions were odd. Only a tiny spoonful of mashed potato. Maybe they were overwhelmed by the Valentines Day crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aye for these IrishRoguVIPDined on 2/14/2014All I thought I was getting was a last-minute Valentines Day reservation. What we got instead was a neighborhood gem that we might have been a long time finding otherwise. A really nice interior and entry surprised us in a strip-mall restaurant. The food hits the Irish high notes very well with an excellent version of corned beef and cabbage and a good selection of the appropriate brews. The wine list is quite nice and appropriate for the more ambitious main dishes. The soups, sandwiches and appetizers make for variable size meals for lunch and at odd hours. The bar looked inviting -- I will be confirming that impression on my next visit.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood placeBrunchBunchVIPDined on 1/27/2014Supper place to enjoy a beer and great food. Had the crab cake sandwich and it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Mashed PotatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014I have been to Kelsey's three times. They have mashed potatoes down to near perfection plus I love Shepard's pie. The last time we went, the restaurant experience at the beginning was slow until the hostess noted that we had not been served. After that it was a good experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchCuriousDined on 1/19/2014Was just exploring area and stopped by - first time here. It was good: Guinness on tap so how bad could it be. Nice neighborhood bar with a separated dining room. Food was good, deserts were great. Dining room atmosphere OK. Bar looks more interesting; will come back on a game day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favotitesECMDDined on 12/23/2013Sweet spot. Convenient. Good food, service. Well priced. Good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable comfort foodSnadyDined on 12/11/2013Kelsey's is our close to home, consistently good, neighborhood gem. On our last visit I had the chicken potpie, which I have had in the past. What a dose of comfort food! I always forget how good this potpie is and am in heaven while I am enjoying it! Please, never take it off the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013Food was a little bland. Nothing special. Not worth a return visit.
- We seek this outNoVATravelerDined on 12/6/2013We happened on Kelsey's when looking for a place to eat after arriving in BWI and before returning to Northern Virginia. Food is very good. Menu has many options. Service is friendly and excellent. They are familiar with gluten-free needs of celiac sprue. Overall a good experience and we now plan Kelsey's into our trips to or from BWI near meal time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good............SnadyDined on 11/16/2013Kelsey's is definitely a neighborhood gem. The food is consistently good and the ambience comfortable. We enjoy Kelsey's any time of year and particularly enjoy the shrimp salad sandwich with huge, deliciously-spiced shrimp as well as the chicken potpie, which is wonderfully seasoned and great on a cold evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-cooked hamburger confusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2013Went to Kelsey's with a large group and two of us ordered hamburgers 'medium'. They both came out rare, so we sent them back. We had cut our burgers in half, and my colleague had put catsup on her french fries. The plates went back to the kitchen. They re-fired the same hamburger meat, reassembled the burgers on fresh buns, and mixed up the plates. I received my colleagues french fries (catsup and all) with my re-cooked burger. It was slightly nauseating. Everything else was fine.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchMercedesDined on 10/20/2013I have been to Kelsey's in the past when I have gone there to meet up with friends and have a few after work drinks. Great spot to socialize and enjoy others doing the same thing. On this visit I celebrated my birthday, and my six BFFs and I had brunch. We all truly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCatonsvilleDinerDined on 9/20/2013Kelsey's had our table set up when we arrived and our server was terrific in taking and bringing all our orders. Everyone liked the presentation and deliciousness of our appetizers, entrees and desserts. Our group of eight had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!ValerieDined on 9/14/2013This is one of my favorite places to eat, the burgers are amazing! The waitresses are always super friendly and attentive. Great place to have a few drinks with some friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best waitress we have ever hadrochester2Dined on 9/13/2013We were there after a funeral. Everything was done perfectly for us. Our waitress was a true gem. We were a large party, she got every single order correct. Came back countless times to fill glasses, supply drinks, make sure everything was fine. She was outstanding. They add an 18% tip with larger parties. They should have made it at least 20%. Great job. Made a difficult time much better. Thanks to them.Special Features: