12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: 9704790175x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (46)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (11)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fresh food, tastes great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014One of our best meals we have had! Farm to table was very evident. The noise level is very loud, but the food and service makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014outstanding food and service been here many times, portion sizes continues to shrinkSpecial Features:
- Sunday in VailWalrisDined on 8/31/2014There can be no better place to dine on a Sinday than Likens. The Harvest meal is simply out of this world. Everything about the food was GREAT!Special Features:
- Great, as always!MarkandSandraDined on 8/30/2014From the tasty amuse, to the ridiculously yummy three courses, to my husbands after dinner coffee "Wow, this is GOOD coffee!" all was a delight! My asparagus salad was crisp and fresh, the special skate with lobster sauce was decadent, and the potato crusted trout, was ,well, classic! We will definately be back!Special Features:
- too much saltnotafanofstingrayDined on 8/30/2014Each dish was very, very salty. We relayed such to the Chef via the waiter (we think), but no further communication. Chef Kelly was not working the night we were there so perhaps that is connected. Also, we have celebrated our anniversary there several years and it just wasn't the same. Bummer.
- Spectacular food and wineLiveFullyDined on 8/28/2014I was very excited to visit Kelly Liken. After hearing the specifics about my menu selections, I asked my server to choose the best wine pairings for my experience. The choices were perfect and sublime. I truly enjoyed the entire meal with its delicious complexities and the wine really took things to a new level. Thanks, Matt!Special Features:
- Kelly LikenKTelVIPDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had the 3 course dinner for $74 at Kelly Liken. I had the Elk carpaccio for the first course, the red snapper for the 2nd course, and potato crusted trout for the 3rd course. All of my courses were excellent. My wife had the asparagus for the first course, an egg over sturgeon caviar for the 2nd course and the NY Strip steak for the third course. All were excellent. We had the sticky bun with ice cream dessert to top off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuv2CookAndDineDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed one of the best foodie meals we've had in months while visiting Vail. Started with the seasonal melon salad with a spicy dressing to balance the sweetness. The trout and the duck confit were perfectly cooked, with a playful twist of ingredients for the duck confit that worked surprisingly well. Coupled with an excellent wine recommended by the sommelier, we will definitely be going back again and again! One of the best restaurants in Vail as well as in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular mealHabebVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went here for my wife's birthday and they made it very special. Terrific service. Prix fixe menu. The menu said happy birthday to her and they gave her a copy at the end of the meal. Excellent advice on the menu. All the courses were delicious. and a nice amuse bouche thrown in. We loved it in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedobispoDined on 8/18/2014for the amount of money we paid for our meal i would have expected a lot more. the amuse bouche was delicious and my duck confit second course was quite tasty but the lamb loin i got for the third course and my wife's trout were "meh". the service was a bit rushed and we were seated at an inside table next to the wine storage room. considering there were only 2 other parties in the restaurant that evening i would have thought they could have sat us at a larger table by the window.
- Eclectic and TastyLuckypegVIPDined on 8/17/2014The farm to table menu for Sunday night was very interesting and tasty! We made a reservation to listen to jazz musicians in town for the annual Vail Jazz Festival. The food and service was great while we enjoyed fabulous music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstanding; facility tiredChrisVIPDined on 8/17/20141. Was there for the Sunday evening limited menu farm meal and everything we ate was delicious - peach salad, striped bass, and the nectarine dessert. The tomato consomme martini drew me in (again) and I was able to pair the dishes with some interesting half wine glasses. 2. We had the first seating at 615p so it was still light out. The extra light in the restaurant really brought home that the place is tired and, quite frankly, downright dirty in many places. The upholstered chairs could definitely use steam cleaning. 3. While the service itself was good, the server's attire was just outright filthy (and ill fitting) He had obviously spilled food on it days/weeks ago and not had it cleaned. The manager should have noted this.Special Features:
- Worth every dollar, will be back!!foodiemeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Kelly Liken came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Every course was creative, flavorful, presented with care, and tasted very fresh. The service was attentive and friendly. I can't wait to come back the next time while in Vail!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the First Lady's favoritesctltribecaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent preparation and eye catching presentation, of a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:
- Amazing....CaliCountryGalDined on 8/10/2014As usual! We've never had a bad meal at Kelly Liken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveKarenlee53VIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to KL in Vail because it was highly recommended by friends. I checked out the menu online before making a reservation and it looked delicious. However upon arriving we discovered the menu for the evening was only a three-course offering. You could pick between two appetizers and two main courses. Only one dessert was served. While the quality of the food was excellent it might have been nice to get a heads-up on the limited menu. I'm not generally a dessert eater, so the option of a cheese course would have been nice. Please be advised that you'll pay between $20-30 for a glass of wine too. Very stingy on the bread they give too.Special Features:
- Kelly LikenTrudezzyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Kelly's innovative dishes are truly wonderful. They are not contrived, but, instead well thought out. We had a dish with a popcorn puree'. It was magnificent. She does not overpower dishes with a single flavor, but instead, the flavors work together to bring about a tasting frenzy. Pure joy.Special Features:
- Woweleeg78VIPDined on 8/6/2014I have heard about this place for years and finally popped in. You will not be disappointed, but make sure your wallet is prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualEeapmjDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here numerous times over the last few years. Although my meal was excellent, I was with five others. Some of the food had been under hot lights/warmers and was over cooked. The service was outstanding as usual. The ambiance is lovely. The kitchen needs to work on better timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineJaniceVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. but wine prices are outrageous! I am a collector, I know all costs involved.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinnerloaf42Dined on 8/2/2014Came to one of the best in Vail expecting the best. Did not disappoint! Thanks for the great dinner and knowledgeable staff. Jeremy was spot on with the wine list; and what a wine list! We didn't try any of the 4k bottles ... but if I could ... we could find it here. We will definitely be back another time.Special Features:
- Iconic spot in VailAhelplessromanticDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken has been a constant plus for years in the Vail Valley. Small and intimate, it always shines. They were featuring fresh vine ripened tomatos and I started with a wonderful tomato infused vodka martini that was splendid. the wait staff is super and friendly.Special Features:
- Won't visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were disappointed by the limited and extremely expensive menu and limited wine list. Definitely not kid friendly (we had to pay the same amount of money for a 10 year old, who oddly enough didn't want to eat "veal breast", but there were no other options for children.) we were relieved when the waitress said there was milk. Our friend who was gluten free had a difficult time finding something on the menu. We paid $1000 for 8 (including 2 kids) people and we all left with a sour taste in our mouth.
- Liken, not to our liking.FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken was chosen because of her James Beard association. What a disappointment. Our first two courses were small but good. The fish entrees were terribly overcooked. Trout and halibut, not sure if it was really halibut. We needed a knife to cut through the tough potato encrusting and both of the fish dishes were dry. We should have returned the entrees but I am not one to cause a scene as a complainer. $210 later we knew we would not return. Surely, August 2, Kelly was not in the kitchen.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The preparation of the different dishes was superb.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Reservations for the Sunday Farmers Market Dinner which was a fixed menu w/ a limited selection. Adorable interior and loved the graphics of the menu. The food was amazing!! Starting w/ the best Sangria and delicious sourdough bread. HeirloomTomato soup had just the right kick and the potato salad was the perfect al dente. Striped Bass was moist and crispy on the outside and the pork chop was so tender. Corn Fritters and Buttermilk ice cream was the finale which put us both in the Clean Plate Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASAPAndreaASAPAndreaDined on 7/26/2014Loved our fine dining at a restaurant on my "bucket list". Happy to enjoy a lovely Pinot Noir from one of our favorite winemakers, DuMol! Wonderful experience with excellent summer prix fixe menu. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/25/2014We had to ask more than once for bread, and it was mediocre at best. Have been there many times - one of the first I felt we were not treated well overall.
- Gourmet diningAubbieVIPDined on 7/21/2014One goes to KL to experience a unique preparation of food presented in a beautiful way. We started with cocktails and I must say, that was part of the highlight of the night. Great care is taken with the prep and they were delicious. It is a priced fixe menu, three courses for $74 not including dessert. We have been dining at KL since it opened ten years ago whenever we visit Vail. Although our meal was delicious and service was fine, I must say we enjoyed the experience much more when the restaurant first opened. We were pleased with our meal and will return but just think it has moved down a notch or two since they opened ten years ago. The sticky bun sundae was absolutely heavenly.Special Features:
- Summer Sunday Jazz NightabbitfdVIPDined on 7/20/2014They do a prix fixe farmers market driven dinner on Sundays. Beginning at 830 a local jazz group (frequently augmented by additional folks sitting in). The food is great (as always) 3 courses (choice of 2 starters, 3 mains plus dessert) and the music is just about the right loudness for the combined space. If you are into music come late. If you want a quiet romantic dinner plan on getting done by 830. (We planned for the music and stayed to the end).Special Features:
- Hidden...sort ofMAFSDined on 7/20/2014Kelly Liken has been the best spot in Vail in my opinion for quite some time, most of the places you can stumble into are mediocre, Kelly Liken would never been seen if not for its/her reputation. The plates are small but delicious, creative but not weird, the service is great, the valet parked my car with my dog in the back seat, I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014This was our second year to visit Kelly Liken while in Vail. The food and cocktails continued to impress and were beautiful, creative, and tasty. From the elk carpaccio to the seasonal profiteroles with sorrel mousse, it was a completely memorable and spectacular meal! Definitely the best food in Vail / BC Valley!Special Features:
- Truly a dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014This is the place for that special dinner. Service is exceptional, ambiance is unique, and the food is second to none.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining in VailJuiceVIPDined on 7/8/2014Kelly Liken was a "must" visit for our week in Vail, recommended by everyone. All of the dishes on our fixed price meals were presented beautifully and offered wonderful combinations of flavors that one hopes for from an accomplished chef. Our only disappointment was in the wine list. The wines were no doubt of very high quality, but prices so high that matching courses with their best wine became prohibitively expensive. Possibly to address this issue, most wines-by-the-glass are offered by the half glass, but I cannot believe that a broader selection of quality wines cannot be offered by this knowledgeable restaurant.Special Features:
- Sunday night specialLoriOKCDined on 7/6/2014They offer a 3-course meal for $49 on Sunday night which is a great value for this top class restaurant. Valet parking is another plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodSkierDined on 6/30/2014Outstanding food and service. Loved the small sweet treats at end of meal complements of pastry chef - perfect amount. Only negative - atmosphere was very flat, no energy in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail GemOCDCDined on 6/30/2014A visit to Kelly Liken is a must for those visiting Vail and looking for a truly excellent meal. We had the asparagus salad, beet salad, buckwheat farfalle, octopus, halibut and lamb. The kitchen was firing on all cylinders and didn't miss a beat. The courses were well paced and paired with excellent wines from a smartly constructed by the glass list. While not cheap, the quality of the food and level of service we received more than justified the expense.Special Features:
- The Best!AudieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Unusual food, all delicious. Very solicitous and knowledgeable staff. This was a big splurge for us, and it was definitely worth it -- we enjoyed the meal enormously.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyjondDined on 6/13/2014Some very unusual and unique dishes. Cold pea soup and the sticky bun dessert were the best. My sirloin steak came out as 4 slices of which one was all fat and grissel that I could not even cut. The replacement came quickly and was tender but had no flavor. 1/2 glass of wine was priced ike a full one.
- Overall great mealDenverDiner81Dined on 6/13/2014The highlights; the Sommelier was very helpful and great to talk too, the perfectly cooked New York Strip w/ bone marrow pasta and soubise sauce was out of this world delicious!! Kelly's signature trout dish with beurre blanc was equally prepared without a flaw and just plain delicious. The profiterole dessert was a fantastic way to end the meal. The bottom line is the current 3-course meal is an incredible way to experience the wonderful food that is skillfully prepared and so thoughtfully plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.