12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: (970) 479-0175
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (46)romantic (35)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (17)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Dinnerloaf42Dined on 8/2/2014Came to one of the best in Vail expecting the best. Did not disappoint! Thanks for the great dinner and knowledgeable staff. Jeremy was spot on with the wine list; and what a wine list! We didn't try any of the 4k bottles ... but if I could ... we could find it here. We will definitely be back another time.Special Features:
- Iconic spot in VailAhelplessromanticDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken has been a constant plus for years in the Vail Valley. Small and intimate, it always shines. They were featuring fresh vine ripened tomatos and I started with a wonderful tomato infused vodka martini that was splendid. the wait staff is super and friendly.Special Features:
- Won't visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were disappointed by the limited and extremely expensive menu and limited wine list. Definitely not kid friendly (we had to pay the same amount of money for a 10 year old, who oddly enough didn't want to eat "veal breast", but there were no other options for children.) we were relieved when the waitress said there was milk. Our friend who was gluten free had a difficult time finding something on the menu. We paid $1000 for 8 (including 2 kids) people and we all left with a sour taste in our mouth.
- Liken, not to our liking.FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken was chosen because of her James Beard association. What a disappointment. Our first two courses were small but good. The fish entrees were terribly overcooked. Trout and halibut, not sure if it was really halibut. We needed a knife to cut through the tough potato encrusting and both of the fish dishes were dry. We should have returned the entrees but I am not one to cause a scene as a complainer. $210 later we knew we would not return. Surely, August 2, Kelly was not in the kitchen.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The preparation of the different dishes was superb.Special Features:
- The following 808 reviews are from the Kelly Liken reviews archive.
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014Reservations for the Sunday Farmers Market Dinner which was a fixed menu w/ a limited selection. Adorable interior and loved the graphics of the menu. The food was amazing!! Starting w/ the best Sangria and delicious sourdough bread. HeirloomTomato soup had just the right kick and the potato salad was the perfect al dente. Striped Bass was moist and crispy on the outside and the pork chop was so tender. Corn Fritters and Buttermilk ice cream was the finale which put us both in the Clean Plate Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASAPAndreaASAPAndreaDined on 7/26/2014Loved our fine dining at a restaurant on my "bucket list". Happy to enjoy a lovely Pinot Noir from one of our favorite winemakers, DuMol! Wonderful experience with excellent summer prix fixe menu. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/25/2014We had to ask more than once for bread, and it was mediocre at best. Have been there many times - one of the first I felt we were not treated well overall.
- Gourmet diningAubbieVIPDined on 7/21/2014One goes to KL to experience a unique preparation of food presented in a beautiful way. We started with cocktails and I must say, that was part of the highlight of the night. Great care is taken with the prep and they were delicious. It is a priced fixe menu, three courses for $74 not including dessert. We have been dining at KL since it opened ten years ago whenever we visit Vail. Although our meal was delicious and service was fine, I must say we enjoyed the experience much more when the restaurant first opened. We were pleased with our meal and will return but just think it has moved down a notch or two since they opened ten years ago. The sticky bun sundae was absolutely heavenly.Special Features:
- Summer Sunday Jazz NightabbitfdVIPDined on 7/20/2014They do a prix fixe farmers market driven dinner on Sundays. Beginning at 830 a local jazz group (frequently augmented by additional folks sitting in). The food is great (as always) 3 courses (choice of 2 starters, 3 mains plus dessert) and the music is just about the right loudness for the combined space. If you are into music come late. If you want a quiet romantic dinner plan on getting done by 830. (We planned for the music and stayed to the end).Special Features:
- Hidden...sort ofMAFSDined on 7/20/2014Kelly Liken has been the best spot in Vail in my opinion for quite some time, most of the places you can stumble into are mediocre, Kelly Liken would never been seen if not for its/her reputation. The plates are small but delicious, creative but not weird, the service is great, the valet parked my car with my dog in the back seat, I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Exceeds expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014This was our second year to visit Kelly Liken while in Vail. The food and cocktails continued to impress and were beautiful, creative, and tasty. From the elk carpaccio to the seasonal profiteroles with sorrel mousse, it was a completely memorable and spectacular meal! Definitely the best food in Vail / BC Valley!Special Features:
- Truly a dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2014This is the place for that special dinner. Service is exceptional, ambiance is unique, and the food is second to none.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining in VailJuiceVIPDined on 7/8/2014Kelly Liken was a "must" visit for our week in Vail, recommended by everyone. All of the dishes on our fixed price meals were presented beautifully and offered wonderful combinations of flavors that one hopes for from an accomplished chef. Our only disappointment was in the wine list. The wines were no doubt of very high quality, but prices so high that matching courses with their best wine became prohibitively expensive. Possibly to address this issue, most wines-by-the-glass are offered by the half glass, but I cannot believe that a broader selection of quality wines cannot be offered by this knowledgeable restaurant.Special Features:
- Sunday night specialLoriOKCDined on 7/6/2014They offer a 3-course meal for $49 on Sunday night which is a great value for this top class restaurant. Valet parking is another plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodSkierDined on 6/30/2014Outstanding food and service. Loved the small sweet treats at end of meal complements of pastry chef - perfect amount. Only negative - atmosphere was very flat, no energy in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail GemOCDCDined on 6/30/2014A visit to Kelly Liken is a must for those visiting Vail and looking for a truly excellent meal. We had the asparagus salad, beet salad, buckwheat farfalle, octopus, halibut and lamb. The kitchen was firing on all cylinders and didn't miss a beat. The courses were well paced and paired with excellent wines from a smartly constructed by the glass list. While not cheap, the quality of the food and level of service we received more than justified the expense.Special Features:
- The Best!AudieVIPDined on 6/28/2014Unusual food, all delicious. Very solicitous and knowledgeable staff. This was a big splurge for us, and it was definitely worth it -- we enjoyed the meal enormously.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyjondDined on 6/13/2014Some very unusual and unique dishes. Cold pea soup and the sticky bun dessert were the best. My sirloin steak came out as 4 slices of which one was all fat and grissel that I could not even cut. The replacement came quickly and was tender but had no flavor. 1/2 glass of wine was priced ike a full one.
- Overall great mealDenverDiner81Dined on 6/13/2014The highlights; the Sommelier was very helpful and great to talk too, the perfectly cooked New York Strip w/ bone marrow pasta and soubise sauce was out of this world delicious!! Kelly's signature trout dish with beurre blanc was equally prepared without a flaw and just plain delicious. The profiterole dessert was a fantastic way to end the meal. The bottom line is the current 3-course meal is an incredible way to experience the wonderful food that is skillfully prepared and so thoughtfully plated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Very unique and tasty dishes. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special OccasionStewyVIPDined on 6/5/2014It was our 38th Wedding Anniversary and we were in Vail for a special weekend. The staff and food at Kelly Liken was exceptional. They treated us like we were royalty and had a "Happy Anniversary" on the menu. We would go back in a second and plan on visiting them anytime we are in Vail.Special Features:
- Interesting and deliciouswinemanVIPDined on 6/5/2014My wife and had enjoyed dinner last week celebrating our 39th anniversary. We try to dine at the restaurant at least once a year. Their food is always good. But this time it was one of the best meals we eaten anywhere. Along with the food the service was great. It was a quiet Thursday night during shoulder seasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no reservationDianeDined on 6/3/2014We drove from Denver to have dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that we did not have a reservation because they had sold the night out to one party. The "hostess" told us that she had left three messages on my cell. A lie, she had left one which I obviously didn't get. Then some guy comes out and says that the restaurant wasn't open to the public yet after mud season. Well Open Table thought it open and made a reservation and Kelly Liken's website said it was open. We received a reminder from Open Table the day before. I have no intention of ever eating at Kelly Liken. A professional business person would never leave one message and not follow up to make certain that it was receive. I have never been treated so rudely
- Food that has nothing to "say"MikiDined on 5/31/2014Nothing really good,small portions,very expensive. This place is only for " to see and be seen" ,nothing more. Even the names and description of the dishes are made in a way a you don't undersand what it really is and what are you going to get.
- Best Resteraunt I have ever been toSarnoldVIPDined on 5/23/2014Ive been here twice and both times has the food and service blown me away here.Special Features:
- Urban Polish in Rustic ColoradowithmyhoneyDined on 5/11/2014We completely enjoyed both our meal and the service. The three-course menu offerings were innovative, complimentary to one another, and proportioned beautifully. Staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine, providing good input on both. No 2-pound steaks (thank goodness). Highly satisfying in all regards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVE!!Agable65Dined on 4/14/2014We like good food, we've traveled all over the world and appreciate the finer things chefs have to offer. I was a professional cook in my first profession. This food at Kelly Liken was quite good, had creative, interesting ingredients - some of it was difficult to identify but just too expensive! Some people like to be able to ID their food. We had limited amounts of wine - the bottles were too expensive for the normal person. (However, it was a nice option to be able to order ½ glass of wine) I had 1.5 glasses of wine, my husband had 2.5 glasses of wine - our bill, including the tip, was $279 for two people and we didn't even have dessert! Just so you know, we could afford it - but we won't return based on the inflated prices. Thank you.Special Features:
- Best Restuarant in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2014Kelly Liken was recommended to us as the "best restaurant in Vail". Everything about Kelly Liken was over the top, in a good way. The staff were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to make sure we had a special romantic dinner. Further, even though we dined with them off peak season the experience was not diminished at all, unlike some other restaurants which were understaffed. Of all the fine dining restaurants we visited during our Honeymoon, this one was the most memorable.Special Features:
- The food was perfect...eachAuntieTazVIPDined on 3/30/2014The food was perfect...each course was impeccably prepared and had a combination of unusual and interesting flavors of whatever was fresh at the market that day. Our dining experience was wonderful , fun and exceeded our expectations...even though I had dined there before and knew what to expect. We all tried different entrees...the duck and lamb and trout all outstanding... Our out of town guest from Boston was pleasantly surprised and commented that there were no flaws in any course. The desserts ( carmel pudding cake and mint mousse)which we "didn't have room for" were devoured and a perfect ending for a perfect evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Once AgainHolmesDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I frequent the Vail Valley often, and Kelly Liken is one of our favorites. Once again, our meals were excellent, very fresh tasting and flavorful.. Service was top notch---- on the money and not obtrusive, from reservation desk to the waitstaff to the valet. Another wonderful evening for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Restaurant was mostly empty on a Saturday night in peak ski season - we should have taken this as a bad omen. Lamb was tough, main courses served luke warm and vegetables stone cold.
- A must stop if visiting Vail!LashermanVIPDined on 3/19/2014We loved the food at this place and the service was outstanding. We all had the beet salad to start and really enjoyed it. For the second course had homemade garganelli pasta with mushrooms and scallops with pork belly, both were terrific. The entrees we had were the lamb, strip steak & trout. All were fabulous! For dessert we enjoyed the chocolate mousse with mint & found it refreshing. We can't wait to return, that's how good the food is.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!pirlawDined on 3/18/2014We have visited Vail each March for many years and have wanted to dine at Kelly Liken since it first opened to rave reviews a few years ago. Planning our trip for this year, we made reservations to do so several weeks in advance. Checking Trip Advisor prior to our departure revealed a few negative comments that almost caused us to change our plans. Had this restaurant gone sour? Well, nothing could be further from the truth. From the moment we arrived we received the highest caliber service that we have experienced in some time. The wait staff advice, service and explanation of the menu that evening was superb. The food was wonderful, perhaps the best overall experience we have ever had in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food - A MUST Vail VisitBuffaloLaurenVIPDined on 3/17/2014I booked the reservation after reading everyones reviews, and we knew the meal would be great. Actually it was AMAZING!! My husband and I eat paleo. We received a call 1 day before and was asked if there were any food allergies, they were very accommodating! The chef created the most impressive array of delicious foods including a wonder dessert. The scallop and pork belly should not be missed! You can't make a bad choice on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best foodVailerDined on 3/14/2014Small and quaint with outstanding food and wine! What more could one want? Guaranteed to have a very special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never meets expectationsChuckZVIPDined on 3/9/2014I always feel like I should enjoy this restaurant more than I do, given its reputation. It is necessary to eat a prix fixe meal here, and the night I was there the only second course I wanted to eat was no longer available. Overall, the food was good, but that was the only thing I really liked about the restaurant. It was so hot I had to start taking off clothes as soon as I sat down. The wine list lacks interest, if you are not a billionaire, and I had a hard time finding a white I wanted to drink for $80. The restaurant was very loud from the outset, which I don't expect at this price level, and the four party animals who were seated next to us were so loud we had to go to the bar for our coffee. A disappointment.
- My favorite Vail restaurantHappyguyVIPDined on 3/9/2014The food is fabulous and all of the servers are a true joy. Amazing and fun place to dine! Can't say enough good thins about everything from our cocktails, multi course dinner and wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful presentation ofArtguyVIPDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful presentation of outstanding food. Always a treat when at VailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!DianapVIPDined on 3/4/2014Loved loved loved this dining experience, from the minute we walked in the door until we left after our meal. Everything and everyone top notch. Well worth the big bucks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.