12 Vail Road, Suite 100
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kellyliken.com/
- Phone: 9704790175x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Liken
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Kelly Liken offers a wonderful option for your next special event. Our beautifully redone interior hosts a perfect and intimate setting for 72 guests in a unique fine dining, metropolitan like atmosphere. From weddings to corporate parties, let Kelly Liken take care of your group's needs during your time in Vail. At Kelly Liken we are passionate about creating a tailor-made dining experience for each of our guests. Meredith will work with you to ensure a memorable experience for you and your guests by customizing a menu for the group, arranging seating in the restaurant, discussing payment options and meeting special requests.
A word from Kelly Liken
At restaurant Kelly Liken, we are passionate about providing you with a one-of-a-kind dining experience in Vail, CO. We serve a simple, yet exciting Seasonal American Cuisine that relies heavily on locally produced and cultivated products. The menu changes frequently to offer the highest quality ingredients of each season. In addition to offering the freshest seasonal fare, we will be offering over thirty wines by the glass, a full bar featuring hand-crafted cocktails and a wine list containing over 100 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Kelly Liken - Best Restaurants in Vail ›
Kelly Liken reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (53)notable wine list (35)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Impeccable FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/15/2014This our third time dining here, and it has never disappointed. The food is always fantastic with fresh ingredients and wonderful presentation. The service is always attentive without being intrusive. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014The food was really excellent. They appeared to be rather short-staffed--likely due to the time of year. Took a long time to take our order, a long time to bring our wine and a really long time in-between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Our service was outstanding but the food while good did not have the WOW factor that we were expecting.Special Features:
- First time experienceSammyDined on 10/3/2014I have lived here for 5 years and have been to many places but never got the chance to dine here. The restaurant week special brought me so my expectation was not too high however it was absolutely wonderful. Definitely will put it on my Vail restaurant list for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding EveningTWINKIDEBDined on 10/3/2014The whole experience that night was beyond outstanding!Special Features:
- Never again!CharDined on 10/3/2014Just moving to the Valley Liken's restaurant was a disappointed and I will not return. Menu is too creative. In trying to make the dinners different the combinations of ingredients just do not work. As an appetizer an egg over greens????? Portions very small. Also the approach to pricing is not fair to the customer. A glass of wine 20.14 a bottle of wine 20.14! The bottle was only $63 on the menu. How can you charge $20 for a glass. Had to return specialty drink -bad tasting. Also to advertise any entree on the menu 20.14 and then say the special will be $10 more. Seating was too close to the people next to you. The gentleman next to us could hardly get out to go to the mensroom.
- Consistently good!SussexSteveVIPDined on 10/2/2014We have found Kelly Liken very good every time we dine there. It is always on our "must" list when we visit Vail!Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTEDmanytablesDined on 10/2/2014My meal was a duo of lamb. The "one piece" of ravioli with roasted lamb was good - but my roasted lamb was so tough I could not cut it with a steak knife. You would think the kitchen knows what it is sending out to the dining room but obviously, this restaurant doesn't.
- Simply Amazing!Vdubz43VIPDined on 10/1/20146 us went to have dinner here while we were in Vail for a wedding. It was hands down the best meal we had all week - and we went out a lot! First let me start by saying that our waitress - Jessica was LOVELY! So nice, so fun to talk to, and super helpful with recommendations and suggestions. Her sweet personality truly enhanced our dining experience. The food was superb. We had the tasting menu and each course was better than the next. My zucchini fritters were awesome - and my husband loved the elk carpaccio. Everyone loved each and every course they got. The service and presentation were all top notch! Additionally - great wines! They were out of the bottle we ordered and Jessica made an awesome off the menu selection for us!Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014On our recent trip to Vail, we dined at Kelly Liken during the Vail-Beaver Creek restaurant week. It was the best meal of our trip! The service was good, but the food was amazing. We ordered the lamb duo and ny strip; both were superbly prepared and melt-in-your mouth. We are both foodies, and these weren't your same old boring dishes. Flavor and accompaniments on both were outstanding. Our bottle of Cotes-du-Rhone went well with both. A special touch was the amuse-bouche, a carrot soup, to start, and even though we didn't have enough room for dessert, were rewarded with a small taste of sweets to finish our meal. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Engagement partyReggieDined on 9/30/2014We had a 4 course meal over 3 hours. It was a wonderful evening complemented with fine dining service.Special Features:
- Liking LikenLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/28/2014The restaurant was quiet on a Sunday evening, but the staff was friendly and attentive. The wine list was good, but overpriced. The food was excellent, but the portions were small. The dessert was truly the perfect cap to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014We were extremely disappointed at this restaurant. We had Short Rib and Lamb Duo - the lamb was good but very small with only 3 pieces of meat and 1 ravioli. Short Rib was also small and extremely dry. The restaurant called to me confirm the reservation the day before and the person said that there is 50% off selected wine deal in addition to the restaurant week deal, so we were very excited. We sat and asked about the deal, they told us that they decided not to do it. We really felt that we were cheated. We didn't really enjoy the whole experience by the time we finished the entree. We were still very hungry so we decided to go to another restaurant to have the second entree to complete our dinner.
- One of best in Vail VillageEnVinoVertitas2014Dined on 9/26/2014You can count on this restaurant for very good tasting food.Special Features:
- temujinDined on 9/19/2014Overall good food and likable. But in the same category there are better restaurants in town and they don't measure up, example Sweet Basil.Special Features:
- LaddDined on 9/19/2014The chef presents an outstanding variety of flavors in very interesting combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, tastes great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014One of our best meals we have had! Farm to table was very evident. The noise level is very loud, but the food and service makes up for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014outstanding food and service been here many times, portion sizes continues to shrinkSpecial Features:
- Sunday in VailWalrisDined on 8/31/2014There can be no better place to dine on a Sinday than Likens. The Harvest meal is simply out of this world. Everything about the food was GREAT!Special Features:
- Great, as always!MarkandSandraDined on 8/30/2014From the tasty amuse, to the ridiculously yummy three courses, to my husbands after dinner coffee "Wow, this is GOOD coffee!" all was a delight! My asparagus salad was crisp and fresh, the special skate with lobster sauce was decadent, and the potato crusted trout, was ,well, classic! We will definately be back!Special Features:
- too much saltnotafanofstingrayDined on 8/30/2014Each dish was very, very salty. We relayed such to the Chef via the waiter (we think), but no further communication. Chef Kelly was not working the night we were there so perhaps that is connected. Also, we have celebrated our anniversary there several years and it just wasn't the same. Bummer.
- Spectacular food and wineLiveFullyDined on 8/28/2014I was very excited to visit Kelly Liken. After hearing the specifics about my menu selections, I asked my server to choose the best wine pairings for my experience. The choices were perfect and sublime. I truly enjoyed the entire meal with its delicious complexities and the wine really took things to a new level. Thanks, Matt!Special Features:
- Kelly LikenKTelVIPDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I had the 3 course dinner for $74 at Kelly Liken. I had the Elk carpaccio for the first course, the red snapper for the 2nd course, and potato crusted trout for the 3rd course. All of my courses were excellent. My wife had the asparagus for the first course, an egg over sturgeon caviar for the 2nd course and the NY Strip steak for the third course. All were excellent. We had the sticky bun with ice cream dessert to top off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuv2CookAndDineDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed one of the best foodie meals we've had in months while visiting Vail. Started with the seasonal melon salad with a spicy dressing to balance the sweetness. The trout and the duck confit were perfectly cooked, with a playful twist of ingredients for the duck confit that worked surprisingly well. Coupled with an excellent wine recommended by the sommelier, we will definitely be going back again and again! One of the best restaurants in Vail as well as in Colorado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular mealHabebVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went here for my wife's birthday and they made it very special. Terrific service. Prix fixe menu. The menu said happy birthday to her and they gave her a copy at the end of the meal. Excellent advice on the menu. All the courses were delicious. and a nice amuse bouche thrown in. We loved it in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedobispoDined on 8/18/2014for the amount of money we paid for our meal i would have expected a lot more. the amuse bouche was delicious and my duck confit second course was quite tasty but the lamb loin i got for the third course and my wife's trout were "meh". the service was a bit rushed and we were seated at an inside table next to the wine storage room. considering there were only 2 other parties in the restaurant that evening i would have thought they could have sat us at a larger table by the window.
- Eclectic and TastyLuckypegVIPDined on 8/17/2014The farm to table menu for Sunday night was very interesting and tasty! We made a reservation to listen to jazz musicians in town for the annual Vail Jazz Festival. The food and service was great while we enjoyed fabulous music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food outstanding; facility tiredChrisVIPDined on 8/17/20141. Was there for the Sunday evening limited menu farm meal and everything we ate was delicious - peach salad, striped bass, and the nectarine dessert. The tomato consomme martini drew me in (again) and I was able to pair the dishes with some interesting half wine glasses. 2. We had the first seating at 615p so it was still light out. The extra light in the restaurant really brought home that the place is tired and, quite frankly, downright dirty in many places. The upholstered chairs could definitely use steam cleaning. 3. While the service itself was good, the server's attire was just outright filthy (and ill fitting) He had obviously spilled food on it days/weeks ago and not had it cleaned. The manager should have noted this.Special Features:
- Worth every dollar, will be back!!foodiemeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Kelly Liken came highly recommended and did not disappoint. Every course was creative, flavorful, presented with care, and tasted very fresh. The service was attentive and friendly. I can't wait to come back the next time while in Vail!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the First Lady's favoritesctltribecaVIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent preparation and eye catching presentation, of a bit on the pricey side.Special Features:
- Amazing....CaliCountryGalDined on 8/10/2014As usual! We've never had a bad meal at Kelly Liken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveKarenlee53VIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to KL in Vail because it was highly recommended by friends. I checked out the menu online before making a reservation and it looked delicious. However upon arriving we discovered the menu for the evening was only a three-course offering. You could pick between two appetizers and two main courses. Only one dessert was served. While the quality of the food was excellent it might have been nice to get a heads-up on the limited menu. I'm not generally a dessert eater, so the option of a cheese course would have been nice. Please be advised that you'll pay between $20-30 for a glass of wine too. Very stingy on the bread they give too.Special Features:
- Kelly LikenTrudezzyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Kelly's innovative dishes are truly wonderful. They are not contrived, but, instead well thought out. We had a dish with a popcorn puree'. It was magnificent. She does not overpower dishes with a single flavor, but instead, the flavors work together to bring about a tasting frenzy. Pure joy.Special Features:
- Woweleeg78VIPDined on 8/6/2014I have heard about this place for years and finally popped in. You will not be disappointed, but make sure your wallet is prepared!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualEeapmjDined on 8/2/2014We have dined here numerous times over the last few years. Although my meal was excellent, I was with five others. Some of the food had been under hot lights/warmers and was over cooked. The service was outstanding as usual. The ambiance is lovely. The kitchen needs to work on better timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineJaniceVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was great. but wine prices are outrageous! I am a collector, I know all costs involved.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinnerloaf42Dined on 8/2/2014Came to one of the best in Vail expecting the best. Did not disappoint! Thanks for the great dinner and knowledgeable staff. Jeremy was spot on with the wine list; and what a wine list! We didn't try any of the 4k bottles ... but if I could ... we could find it here. We will definitely be back another time.Special Features:
- Iconic spot in VailAhelplessromanticDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken has been a constant plus for years in the Vail Valley. Small and intimate, it always shines. They were featuring fresh vine ripened tomatos and I started with a wonderful tomato infused vodka martini that was splendid. the wait staff is super and friendly.Special Features:
- Won't visit againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were disappointed by the limited and extremely expensive menu and limited wine list. Definitely not kid friendly (we had to pay the same amount of money for a 10 year old, who oddly enough didn't want to eat "veal breast", but there were no other options for children.) we were relieved when the waitress said there was milk. Our friend who was gluten free had a difficult time finding something on the menu. We paid $1000 for 8 (including 2 kids) people and we all left with a sour taste in our mouth.
- Liken, not to our liking.FoodieDined on 8/2/2014Kelly Liken was chosen because of her James Beard association. What a disappointment. Our first two courses were small but good. The fish entrees were terribly overcooked. Trout and halibut, not sure if it was really halibut. We needed a knife to cut through the tough potato encrusting and both of the fish dishes were dry. We should have returned the entrees but I am not one to cause a scene as a complainer. $210 later we knew we would not return. Surely, August 2, Kelly was not in the kitchen.