Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar
1916 Post Alley
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kellsirish.com/
- Phone: 2067281916
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 7:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar
Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar is one of Seattle's favorite hideaways. Situated in Post Alley above the historic Pike Place Market, Kells is a fine way to round up a day's sightseeing or browsing at the market. The pub is always alive with folks cooling off after a day's work. The restaurant will be sure to remind you of the Old Country with its warm, cozy atmosphere and traditional surroundings. There's also a patio outside that's a great place to feel the breeze from the Sound and the buzz of the marketplace. We also have a grand celebration every St. Patrick's Day. Kells proudly serves Seattle's largest Single Malt Scotch collection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful food and awesome serviceNewlywed75Dined on 10/4/2014The staff at Kells made the last night of our honeymoon very special! The food was amazing especially the beef pastry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!travelerDined on 9/10/2014Good selection of beers, filling food, decent service and Irish music - what's not to like? :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLocalGuyDined on 8/3/2014Overall I was somewhat disappointed after reading the reviews. The food was ok but uninspired. I have had much better Irish food and would have a hard time recommending Kells. Service was also disappointing. Our server never asked how we were doing, and was hard to find when we needed anything.
- Nice LunchRonDDined on 7/28/2014We stopped by Kell's the day before for a drink. The food and service was very good. The facility is dark and kind of typical of the Irish bars/pubs we see in Boston but the food is much better. Crab open faced sandwich and corned beef sandwich hit the spot. Oh I almost forgot to mention they brew their own beer. Try the IPA!Special Features:
- shhhhDined on 7/27/2014Kells was a very nice place with great beers and food. But the dinner menu was very small and there wasnt much variety 2 choose from. Don't get me wrong the food was delicious, I just would have liked to see a little more choices in a place claiming to be a restaurant as well as a barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backMadgeDined on 7/25/2014My husband enjoys the food and ambience here, so every time we are in Seattle this is one of our stops. My meal was particularly good this time (bacon wrapped scallops). Table inside near the open patio door allows views and salt air but avoids the omnipresent seagull problem! Nice option in good weather, but food good anytime.Special Features:
- A bit disappointedJust2ofusDined on 7/24/2014We made reservations for two at 7pm. When we arrived there were only two other tables with people. Never a good sign. Folks working here must be Irish as we had difficulty understanding some of there small talk. There were no recommendations as to what to order. Advertised live entertainment daily...should have clearly stated nightly, as 9pm. The food was fine, but apparently this does not become a vibrant scene until much later in the evening. We wish we had chosen The Pink Door across the alley. It was hopping when we arrived at Kell's and when we left an hour later.Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the Kells Irish Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Authentic Irish PubOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014A true Pike Place Market treasure. Unpretentious, great vibe, great food, great service, a beautiful soul that has not been ruined over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Bar and Guinness on tap!Denver1964Dined on 4/14/2014Stopped in for lunch after walking the Pike Mkt, and what a great quiet place. Hard to find Guinness on tap on the waterfront, but excellent cold pints served here. Corn beef sandwich and Clam Chowder was excellent, and even offered to split the lunch in half when we shared the lunch. Staff are all friendly and seem to truly enjoy working there. Granted the bar was not crowded for lunch, but there was no rush on us to get moving and the quiet place with a cold pint was the best after a long day of walking and shopping. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of Ireland in SeattleSunflower7Dined on 4/4/2014Went for the first time with a group of 6 for lunch. The service was great, food delicious and the ambience felt like you had stepped into the Emerald Isle. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Fantastic Corned Beef !ahdiiiVIPDined on 2/12/2014BEST CORNED BEEF EVER ! A friendly Irish Pub atmosphere great staff fun and authentic. Definate must go when in Seattle Pikes Market alley neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at a great spotpatmrhoadsDined on 12/31/2013My fiancee and I ate here on New Years Eve, expecting more of a pub food style of menu. But the food turned out to be much better than that. We both had excellent meals, good drinks, and good service. We got in a little early for the NYE crowd; by the time we left the place was hopping!Special Features:
- Bland Food. Nothing SpecialSugarBearDined on 11/29/2013Food was bland and over cooked. We had Irish Lamb stew which was bland and flavorless. The scallop special was completely overcooked and served with potatoes that were so overcooked there was barely any potato left on them. Service was incredibly slow. Water is served in very small glasses and with slow service, it was like we were constantly out of water and thirsty. Menu wasn't that exciting to me. Definitely look at it online before you go to make sure there are things you would enjoy eating. I had a hard time picking anything that sounded good.Special Features:
- serviceLPJ2Dined on 11/9/2013Servers all seemed pre-occupied when I walked in to ask a question. In the bar area, service was not at all often, for drinks, one expects more. In the restaurant, server was okay, not too friendly but all food items were correct and service timing much better there.
- A place to get a quick bite.travelerVIPDined on 10/17/2013A place to get a quick bite. Typical bar fare. Friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I didn't know what to expectSaoirseDined on 10/5/2013I didn't know what to expect in an Irish restaurant. We loved the special (bacon wrapped scallops). The farls and pasties were delicious, as was the baked brie. Then we went to the bar side of the restaurant for traditional Irish music. Lots of fun. Great music. Happy crowd. Excellent service. It was great fun staying in downtown Seattle, able to come and go from Post Alley (coffee, lunch, and later dinner) without needing a car or driving in traffic. We'll do it again!Special Features:
- no tablenoroomattheinnDined on 9/21/2013Kell's didn't have my Open Table reservation. Fortunately, they had room for us.Special Features: