Keagans Irish Restaurant &Tavern
2251 Old Brick Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Keagans Irish Restaurant &Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.keagansrichmond.com/
- Phone: 8043609240
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Seating for seventy with its own entrance, bar area and access to restrooms.
- Entertainment: 21 large screen televisions with three projector screens for all the weekend, Monday night and Thursday night games. Richmond"s best local bands Thursday through Saturday nights with our DJ on Wednesdays for Ladies Night and karaoke on Sundays.
A word from Keagans Irish Restaurant &Tavern
In the heart of West Broad Village at Short Pump, you'll find Keagan's Irish Pub and Restaurant. Offering an outstanding full menu of Irish American cuisine, Keagan's is a pub for all ages and any occasion. Spacious and comfortable, our three separate dining areas can accommodate one to one hundred, with private dining available for business groups, family re-unions, birthday parties, etc.. Choose from our selection of local craft beers or your domestic and Irish favorites as you enjoy the best patio, happy hour, and late night in Richmond's West End.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Keagans Irish Restaurant &Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Absolutely the worst fish & chips we have ever had. Cole slaw was very good.
- Local pubOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/6/2014Set up as more of a drinking bar than a restaurant, the food is generally average. The appetizers (i.e. bar food) were substantially better than the entrees.
- Lunch TimeJohnVIPDined on 7/7/2014I had a salad with chicken. I thought the portion size was rather small compared to other restaurants that sell the same thing.Special Features:
- MehRizzyDined on 6/28/2014The good was fabulous but the professionalism was just not there. I would go again but probably not so lateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Been looking for a great Monte Cristo sandwich and found it. Was very good. Sarah was our server and she did an excellent job of taking care of the 11 of us. She was very energetic and happy the entire time. can not say enough about her fun and happy demeanor. Great place for Brunch as well. ThanksSpecial Features:
- First timeDaveDined on 6/17/2014This was our first time eating at Keagans. Several members of our family were meeting up for a quick dinner before some had to head home to Oklahoma and we picked Keagans as a central location. WOW!! Were we amazed. Food was great. Service was spectacular. This was definitely not our last visit. Even my brother in law told me that we are coming back here when he is back in town. Best Fish and Chips I have found in a long, long time!! Stole some of my son's Bangers and Mash (as any good father would) - they were great as well. Potato Soup was superb. So many things to go back and try. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great foodPlantbasedcrazy1Dined on 5/26/2014I'm vegan and was afraid of being left with only salads but they have a black bean burger (I cannot swear that it's vegan but they said it was) that was very good. Also great sweet potato fries (not baked though)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll ask more questions next time..KimWDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations for 8 on a Sunday evening at 6pm. Once we arrived and were handed a late night menu we found out that because they did brunch that day they weren't serving the entire dinner menu- only greasy late night fare. Food was good but not what we had in mind. Oh well- live and learn. They should have made mention of this on their website or when I called to confirm that they had our reservation... I had been to Keagans one other time and the "real meal" I consumed was very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchLoveRVADined on 5/11/2014Overall the food was good and the service was excellent however Keagan's is not the ideal place to have a Mother's Day brunch with young kids. Not a negative towards Keagan's Irish Restaurant & Tavern because it clearly stated in the name "Tavern" so I knew there was a heavy bar influence but it was a bit more than I expected. I wanted to try a different venue this year and don't regret the choice in terms of food and service quality but for Mother's Day (until my kids are a bit older) I'll play it safe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least the food was goodGeo2Dined on 5/11/2014Made mothers day reservation through opentable and when we got to restaurant they told me that they did not have a table and said they could not turn off their on line reservation system so that's why we had received an opentable confirmation. They said the only table they had was outside on the patio facing the street. The brunch was inside the restaurant and there we had to keep going in and out the patio doors. As we stayed we noticed there were other tables open inside. Restaurant seemed poorly managed, not even ready to open at the time of our reservation, and service was poor. Food was good but for the cost, we were hoping for a classier and higher quality experience. Would not go back or recommend Keagans
- The following 17 reviews are from the Keagans Irish Restaurant &Tavern reviews archive.
- Switched the menu!MZBostonDined on 4/20/2014We were looking for an informal dinner on Easter evening. Reviews made Keagan's sound like a glorified pub, which was acceptable to us. We based our decision to come to Keagan's based on the dinner menu on Keagan's website, because everyone in our party could find something that he or she wanted. However, instead of the dinner menu being served at 5:00 PM, the late-night menu was given to us. Our choices were very limited compared to what we expected. If Keagan's had made it clear that we were going to receive their late-night menu, we would have made a different choice. The food was decent, but the fries were mushy. It would be a fun place to have a drink, but I wouldn't come for the food based on the late-night menu.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Loved the BRUNCH on Easter Sunday. The discount Bloody Mary and Mimosa were an extra special treat. We really enjoyed the selections, and the price-point was good compared to other Easter brunch options around Richmond. SUGGESTION: since this is an IRISH PUB, more Irish/Celtic music would be desirable and would help the ambiance.Special Features:
- Nice meal with friendsSweetDeeDeeDined on 3/29/2014We ate at Keagan's with a group of friends and had a great time. Our server was very attentive and did a great job considering she was dealing with 4 separate bills. The food was good, but not great. Good beer selection. My only complaint was that at a long rectangular table it was hard for us all to interact. I would have preferred a round table where everyone could see each other and talk, but other than that a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We tried Keagans in Short Pump for the first time this past weekend. The food was great, and we enjoyed being able to try different beers. However, our server was the worst we have ever had. Once he got our initial drink and appetizer order, he had to come back because he couldn't remember the beer samplers we each ordered. When they were brought, he still got one of ours wrong. Then he never came back. He kept walking by our table, and never came to get our actual dinner order until we stopped him and said we need to order. That was at least 15 minutes after our drinks came. After our food arrived, he never came back to our table. We had to send someone to find him just to get a drink refill. It was ridiculous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dining ExperienceDC2880Dined on 3/8/2014Waitress was trying her best but took 2 + hours to get our food and when we were served our orders the food was cold. Management was extremely rude and clearly did not want to be bothered. At no time were we told that they were extremely short staffed for a Saturday evening, management never stopped by our table even when we repeatedly asked to speak to one. We had to walk around and find one ourselves and when we did she was one of the rudest people that I have ever encountered. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Lack of clothsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The only down side with this restaurant was the atire of the waitresses, for a night out with the buddies it's fine but when you go to eat with your family and have kids the excessive skin showing may cause done issues, I felt when I was ordering I was ordering to the waitresses breasts because they were basically all you sawSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for a short date- drinksMTnestDined on 2/14/2014The appetizer menu and the beer menu was amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone who came for a short intro date but didn't want to have a full meal. Also if there is live entertainment, I think this would be a great place to listen to music, drink and share appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the 14thrvm3VIPDined on 2/14/2014This Restaurant does not belong on Opentable for several reasons. All the other ones provided great service and good to great food. The other restaurants make you feel important and try and make the dining experience as pleasant as possible. They also value your patronage and leave you wanting to come back. Keagans is more of a bar trying to be a restaurant.Special Features:
- Just OKEasyevDined on 1/24/2014Meagan's is one of those places that are hard to distinguish because it is so similar to every other 'trendy' place in the Short Pump area. The food was just OK because the bangers and mash should have been served hotter and the fish with the fish and chips cooked longer since it was frozen to start with. The server was cheerful and helpful and did a good job. The fried potatoes and the salad were very good. I would go back probably for lunch and try a sandwich or burger as that is probably their mainstay. Very loud interior even with a small Friday night crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for FamilyLee429Dined on 12/25/2013We made our reservation for Christmas Day dinner. We arrived and were escorted to the smoking side of the restaurant because the manager apparently assigned that area for our party (we had kids with us when we arrived). We told the hostess and she did take us to the non-smoking side. Our server was great and very attentive! The food took more time to arrive than I expected considering there were not many diners (so the atmosphere was fairly quiet). The food was very bland, but was plentiful - I was expecting more taste from an Irish restaurant. I would not go there again for a family meal, but would if I wanted to enjoy the bar scene and watch sports. For what we wanted, this was by far a pub and not meant for families.Special Features:
- Great Food Once You Get ItHarrisburgEdDined on 11/30/2013Long wait to get order taken and tough parking. Food is worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Past SaturdayJayWDined on 10/12/2013We were greeted right away, and sat down pretty quickly. The hostess did not seem to care that we had reservations, and did not bother to check. It did not really matter. I thought the service was pretty good, and never felt neglected. The food was fine, and I actually got a dessert for the first time. I wanted to try the fried cookie dough and ice cream. I will come back again, and also come for lunch as well one day. I also appreciate Keagan's being on the reward's miles program for frequent flyer miles. That is a MAJOR draw for me, and probably would not have come there had it not been for that.Special Features:
- Food Great, Service NotfrequentdinerVIPDined on 10/11/2013We were impressed with the food, but not the service or the smoke from the bar. The Fish & Chips are the best in Richmond. The generous portion of the lightly battered fish was very flavorful. The corned beef boxty (in potato pancake) was unusual, but good. The sides of garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables were cooked just right. Our server was very friendly, but not very attentive. I had to ask for water 3 times before she brought it. My husband finished first and the server took his plate, asked about dessert, and brought the check while I was still eating my entrée! Even though we were in the middle of the non-smoking dining room, we were bothered by smoke whenever the door to the bar opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends, Food, and FunKiltLoverDined on 10/1/2013We enjoy the atmosphere and the Irish food. The specials are great. Good for groups, both small and large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour raw bar!pmrthirdVIPDined on 8/21/2013Wow! An Irish place with great seafood! Loved the happy hour clams, oysters and snow crab! I would go back again! I hear the drunken rib eye is great and look forward to trying!Special Features:
- Good food!diamondgroupVIPDined on 8/18/2013The reuben sandwich was very good as was the omelet. The hamburger was also good. We would go back - so glad to see them on OpenTable.Special Features:
- Sadly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2013Slow, slow service with an empty dining room. Took forever to get a beverage. The management should consider their guests before performing repairs during the lunch hour. Workers using very loud power tools and drills made for unpleasant dining.