KD's Southern Cuisine
224 Johnny Bench Drive
Oklahoma city, OK 73101Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
KD's Southern Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4057013535
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Melodie Walker
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Kd"s Southern Cuisine for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Contact Kd's Southern Cuisine for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Cheridan Mundy 4057013535
- Entertainment: Contact Kd"s Southern Cuisine for more information.
A word from KD's Southern Cuisine
Located at 224 Johnny Bench Drive between Toby Keith's and Harkins, the new construction features multiple private dining rooms, an upscale bar perfect for watching Thunder games, and a patio looking out on the Bricktown canal. The menu crafted by Executive Chef Melodie Walker combines the comfort of southern cuisine with the creativity and quality of fine dining. From shrimp and grits to filet, we've got something for everyone--even the kids! The full bar will feature a wine list of over 120 wines, as well as specialty cocktails and 12 taps. Whether you're joining us for happy hour or a late night meal, the bar is a comfortable and smoke free atmosphere where you can relax and let us do all the work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
KD's Southern Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
864 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (523)hot spot (478)good for groups (382)vibrant bar scene (283)romantic (243)fit for foodies (235)kid-friendly (207)great for lunch (196)late-night find (175)scenic view (171)great for brunch (163)notable wine list (142)neighborhood gem (142)great for outdoor dining (127)Show More
- Food is not good!McgeekDined on 9/13/2014I've been three times and ordered a different entre each time. I wasn't impressed with any of them. The ONLY thing I enjoyed were the soul roles. Its overpriced for the quality of the food. I do like the drinks though.Special Features:
- JessicaJessica11Dined on 9/6/2014Waiters should be more personable. Food was overall good. Nice bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceFred1Dined on 9/6/2014This was my third visit. As always, the food and service were wonderful. This visit, my party was seated at a booth in the bar area where the noise level was a bit high. Next time I will request a table away from the bar. Overall, this was another great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vickey-party of 23birthdayDined on 9/6/2014I made reservations for 21 and 23 showed up. The staff was very accommodating. So friendly. The waiters were patient and and informed us of some of the details about KDs. My mom is a big Thunder fan and really loves KD. We celebrated her 80 birthday that night. She was served ice cream with a candle. One waiter brought out KDs size 18 shoes for pictures. Mom had a birthday she is still talking about. THANK YOU KDs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Foodauy2Dined on 9/5/2014Save your money and go someplace with good food. The food at KD's was just awful. Popeye's chicken has better food than this place. Racked up a $300 bill and no one at our tale had food that was close to decent.Special Features:
- Down home cookin'2die4Dined on 8/31/2014KD's food is unlike anything we have in OKC. You can casually go in and have a drink or dress up and have a nice meal. We really enjoyed our meal. This is our second time coming here and we have tried different things each time we come and have yet to find something that disappoints. The banana pudding is DELISH!!Special Features:
- Pulled porkSoonerDined on 8/30/2014Pulled pork sandwich came with very little BBQ sauce and the bottom bun was soaking wet. I could not even pick it up, had to ask for another bun and was told it was from the BBQ sauce which was nonexistant. The boiled pork soaked the fries as well why not pull the pork, drain, then add BBQ sauce. Overall food was not as good as we expected for the wait and price. My daughters steak was a joke, no flavor and not impressive at all. Mac and cheese was such a small portion a toddler could finish it. Love the atmosphere just not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KD's Scores AgainSensibledinerDined on 8/30/2014We ordered the grilled pesto chicken and the 1lb. Lobster tail. Both meals were exceptional, especially the lobster tail. Service was great, got in very quickly with the Open Table reservation. We love KD's for sure fire special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StacyDined on 8/30/2014The food and service was fabulous. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love this place! We eat there every time we are in OKC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestFavoredoneDined on 8/29/2014Great astmosphere! Awesome food! We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the soul food egg rollsStPauliGirlDined on 8/26/2014Great dining experience. Portions were huge and tasty. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greasy foodFoodie1Dined on 8/26/2014Noisy poor food. Would not recommend. Took leftovers home. Unable to eat next day due to grease and odorSpecial Features:
- First time at KDsBillDined on 8/24/2014Food was excellent and service was friendly. Even a waitress not ours talked to us! The food came really fast which surprised us. The overall environment was great, bar was not crowded, but it was Sunday evening. 4 stars on service because I had a reservation and still had to wait 10-15 minutes "past" the time for our reservation to be seated even though we arrived about 15 mins early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but niceEncoreDined on 8/24/2014I was expecting a fine dining experience, but this restaurant is pretty casual. Similar to a Charleston's if you are from the OKC area. We had the spring roll appetizer, Catfish entrée, and Thunder-tini to drink. All were delicious and would go back to order it again. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- PoppinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Glad I made a reservation, bc otherwise it would have been a two hour wait. My out of state parents loved this poppin restaurant!Special Features:
- KD's Rocked ItShawnnaDined on 8/23/2014We had the most wonderful experience! Our waitress was top notch! Food was outstanding. Best experience of all time eating out we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Took my wife out for a lovely evening and she truly enjoyed the place and the food was AWESOME!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was absolutely fabulous. I ordered the catfish, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. I traveled all the way Wichita, kansas to try this restaurant, and it was totally worth it. I will definitely visit again while in the OKC area for the Thunder games..Special Features:
- Took Out of towners to KDsCinbin1977Dined on 8/23/2014I suggested KDs when my friends came in from out of town and wanted to celebrate their 26th wedding anniversary. I even put that on the special instructions when I made the reservation through Open Table. When we arrived at the restaurant they had a great table waiting for us. It went downhill from there. Sitting right by us were the guests of Thunder assistant coach, Mark Bryant. Bryant and his wife or girl friend were sitting not to far from them. After we got our drinks it became apparent that our waiter was more interested in keeping Coach Bryant and his guests happy than the rest of his customers. The service was horrible! Every time the waiter headed for us Bryant or his wife would re-direct him back to their guest's table.POORSpecial Features:
- So great!echambersDined on 8/23/2014Me and my husband have been 3 times before, and we are never disappointed with the food. So yummy! The chicken and waffles are amazing! The service is great!Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmosphere!cutiepieDined on 8/23/2014We love KD's. Two of our four kids have picked it for their birthday dinners this year. Everyone loves the food and it's just a really fun place to go. The prices are reasonable and the portions are huge!Special Features:
- First timeCnhankDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed it very much. Good food, good service. A little loud for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eight people on a Saturday nighthappypatDined on 8/23/2014We had a group of 8 on a busy Saturday at 5:30 p.m. with reservations, but could not get a "quiet" table for another half hour. We got the first table you see, and it was too noisy to talk comfortably, but we had fun. The server was terrific. Did not like being charged double ($8 x 2) for each martini, which was Belvedere vodka straight, and it had a "liquor tax" on top of that. The food was a bit spicy. The house salad was wonderful and only $4 with an entree. Love the lighted menus. There is a lot of energy to the place, and we would go again, but maybe on a week-day in the winter when we assume the dining room might be quieter.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBigfoot15Dined on 8/23/2014This was a great dining experience. Service and food was great. Had the ribs and honey chicken.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!Luv2travelDined on 8/22/2014Excellent service and the food is fabulous. We had reservations and did not have to wait once we arrived. Honey Fried Chicken is a must. The meatloaf is good but very different so don't expect your normal meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service, Ok Food, Very LoudAnonymous22Dined on 8/22/2014Went to KD's for my birthday dinner & had to wait almost 30 minutes even though we had reservations. I was the only one in our large party who enjoyed the food. I got the honey chicken. My husband's steak came well-done even though he asked for medium. Sent it back only to get another well-done steak & we were mostly done eating by the time it arrived. The restaurant was extremely loud even though we were seated away from the main crowd. We rarely saw our waitress, in fact it was one of the server assistants filling waters that noticed the steak issue & sent it back for us. You can get better food and service for half the price just about anywhere else. It was a pretty disappointing experience and we won't be back.
- WaitressJlf13246t67Dined on 8/22/2014Are waitress was not very friendly or helpful or even nice for it to be are first time at kd's. The food was really good !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when I made our resglutenfreefoodDined on 8/22/2014I was told there were a few gluten free options when I made the reservation. But there was none. They were nice enough to make me a steak on a seperate grill.but that is all I could have. My husband thought the food was great but the portions were too small. Id still recommend it and would gladly return once they have a gluten free menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieB1Dined on 8/22/2014My experience at KDs was exceptional. It was everything I had heard about the restaurant. The food was excellent. The service was great. The ambience was wonderful. I will definitely recommend KDs to all my friends and associates This is another great addition to the Hal Smith Restaurant group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarinedaddcMarinedaddcDined on 8/22/2014The food was marginal. It certainly not Southern cuisine. Would not go back on any regular basis. The bar was niceSpecial Features:
- Great Service and FoodOKCGuestDined on 8/22/2014I went to KDs with a party of 9 on a Friday night at 5:00 before a Redhawk game. Our waiter was probably the best server I have ever had. He was attentive, polite, and engaging. Most of the table ordered water because it was 100 degrees outside and we were headed to the game after dinner. This is normally when most waiters stop paying attention, but he kept going with amazing service. We had 3 kids with us and he treated them well. Our drinks were always full and the empty plates were quickly taken. The food was good, but I was shocked that the service was even better. We had the chicken fried steak, creamy chicken, and chicken and waffles which were all good.Special Features:
- Overall ExperienceServiceDined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent. The server tend to disappear and be gone for extended periods of time and it forgot to bring the desert I asked for for my girlfriends birthday. Seemed to be focused on getting off and her what her coworkers where doing . The host was very rude she seemed upset because we asked to sit at a booth instead of a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KD'S was great.love2eatgr8tfoodDined on 8/21/2014I would definitely make a trip back to try more things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceGrittsDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed the chicken & waffles. Good sides. Hostess and server was snooty. Service was slow. Had a party of 5 and was seated in a booth for 4. We had a reservation. It was not busy when we arrived but we were seated in booth for 4.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely my new favorite place!!AuntRae1Dined on 8/20/2014Upon arrival I was so glad I had a reservation. We went on a Wednesday evening and there was a ton of people waiting for a table. We were seated within 15 min. It was perfect! The filet I ordered was delicious as well as the sides. I have absolutely no complaints where the food was concerned. It was seasoned great, and cooked perfectly!! I will most DEFINITELY be making a return visit!! I was very pleased with my experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!Nicolete1Dined on 8/20/2014I am so in love with this place!!! I have been to this restaurant twice, first time with my boyfriend and second for my moms birthday dinner. which was 8/20/14 and both times service has been outstanding. Food is always on point and give sooooo much food you have to take the rest home. KD did a really good job! check it out before EVER listening to others! Its a die hard expierence. New Favorite Spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsHateditDined on 8/20/2014What is the point of making reservations and you have to wait for a table? This is very unprofessional and redundant Southern cuisine should be seasoned properly and FYI catfish and chicken should never be served without bread. Especially at your pricesSpecial Features:
- OKC hot spotponderitDined on 8/19/2014brought family from out of state... they loved it. Great atmosphere, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodlirkDined on 8/19/2014The food good, especially the fried chicken. Our waiter was very knowledgeable, but our appetizers and entrees came out before I got my drink. I don't know if the bar was that backed up or if it was the waiters fault, but usually you get your drinks before the food.