KC American Bistro
885 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
KC American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kcamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 2395662371
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Keith Casey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from KC American Bistro
KC American Bistro is located in Pavilion Shopping Center in North Naples. Chef Keith Casey sources the freshest seasonal ingredients to create a cuisine that reflects the variety of indigenous foods from around the country. The character of each dish represents the history, culture and ethnicity that influence a particular region. Composing the menu daily provides Keith the versatility to feature the finest food available creating a truly unique dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
KC American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
KC American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (64)special occasion (34)good for groups (26)notable wine list (24)romantic (15)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I have heard so many wonderful things about this restaurant and finally had a chance to go. The food was excellent and wait staff very attentive our soup and salads came right away, but entrees took a long time. But...everything we ordered- 4 of us was excellent, including the warm sour dough bread
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Our server was not attentive. Long wait to order wine and then another long wait to order dinner.Special Features:
- KingDined on 10/14/2014Always a wonderful dining experience. One of the best in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMrsLDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant is located in a strip mall, so does not look impressive on the outside. However, the food and decor is up to the quality of restaurants in the Mercado and downtown Naples. This was a girl's night out - we had a variety of entrees and wines and everyone was happy with their choices. I had the arugula salad and the beef short ribs. The beef was tender and tasty. Everything was fresh and well prepared. The service was excellent. The chef/owner came to each table to meet, greet and chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC's for Excellent CuisineKathyVIPDined on 10/11/2014KC's American Bistro's focus is to present US regional specialties. We dine there frequently and our fellow diners always rave about the crab soufflé starter, clean their plates and think about getting a second one. Then the entrees of grouper, rack of lamb, short ribs, duck, etc. please as well. This evening we shared desserts as every one was "dieting". Nevertheless, the mixed berry cobbler a la mode and the hot fudge sundae made the rounds of the table .... The Gordon Merlot was yummy as well.Special Features:
- A great new findbrunitaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We tried the restaurant for the first time; it will definitely not be our last time there. The menu featured several innovative dishes (I loved the Gorgonzola-stuffed dates appetizer) at reasonable prices. Our waiter hit just the right note of attentive without hovering. Everything we ordered was delicious; even the bread was great! (We weren't that crazy about the truffle-oil infused butter but the waiter made regular butter available as well.) It was a delightful evening and we're eager to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArroganceyumyumDined on 10/4/2014It was only when presented the bill and I discovered that an 18% tip was already added that I understood my waiter's arrogance. I have never had an experience where the waiter controlled any interaction. He was arrogant and almost surly, correcting me several times. Food was average.
- Excellent Cuisine and ServiceKathyVIPDined on 10/1/2014KC's American Bistro offers excellent quality cuisine, and the most professional service. The rack of lamb is outstanding and if you ask to change the accompaniments...it's not a big deal. The fish offerings were plentiful and in our group of 6 diners, the scallops and snapper were a big hit. The mussels appetizer was yummy; love dipping the toasted bread that comes with into the delicious broth. The crab soufflé appetizer was also outstanding. Desserts are a must. Mixed berry cobbler a la mode is phenomenal. We enjoy KC's American Bistro often.Special Features:
- KC's ALWAYS OUTSTANDINGKathyVIPDined on 9/24/2014KC's American Bistro has become our favorite. Our neighbors love to dine there as well. At our recent dinner, our guests enjoyed, trout, salmon, grouper, rack of lamb and duck with blueberry cobbler a la mode and carmel gelato for dessert. Each diner enjoyed every bite and our wines and beers were yummy as well. The service is hugely professional, competent and friendly. KC's is a great experience.Special Features:
- A great RestaurantEliasVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have been there 3 times in the past 2 months and our experience has been fantastic. The food is so well presented and delicious. A great menu and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cuisine in NaplesKathyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Quality, expertly prepared cuisine. Request to change out the lentils for potatoes, are cheerfully done; love that ! Also love all the choices, when potatoes don't smile. Superlative restaurant with the most professional staff.Special Features:
- Romy JacobusfoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014As always, the service was excellent, the waiter gave us time, was helpful with our selection and the food was excellent. Thank you KC for having moved into our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceGonowDined on 9/17/2014The menu was imaginative, well prepared. The servers were helpful and knowledgable about the menu. The Chef came to the table and discussed the preparation for us. Glazed duck and rack of lamb outstanding. The chocolate ganache was delightfully evil, through and through.Special Features:
- FantasticEliasVIPDined on 9/16/2014We sure enjoyed our dinner at KC American Bistro. The food is really gourmet, tasty and well presented. The Chef/Owner KC is very creative not only for the main dish but also for the appetizers. He also comes out and discusses with the customers their experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Your House wine (Merlot) is overpriced. $12.50 per glass,Plus tip = $14.75. It should be in the price range of your Chardonnay $ 7 - $ 8. The serving was not exactly generous.We frequent your establishment Several times a year and usually bring friends.I suggest that you put a less expensive Merlot on your wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING FOOD & SERVICE!DebbiVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is a gem!! Consistently excellent service and fantastic food using fresh, quality ingredients in a very creative menu. They handle dietary restrictions easily. They truly care about their guests and are passionate about food. Great food, great people and tables aren't too close so you can have a conversation and hear!! Restrooms are immaculate as well ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and betterFoodieDined on 9/6/2014We have been going to KCs for several years. this meal was the best we have ever had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining!joyceKVIPDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by several friends who used the $20 off coupon on two entrees which we also used. Menu was diverse with dishes from different regions of the country. We shared the arugula salad which was delicious. I had the scallops served with corn & green beans and cauliflower soufflé. It was delicious & seasoned perfectly. My husband had a ritz cracker encrusted grouper which he enjoyed along with 2 glasses of wine. We also shared a hot fudge sundae for dessert. Wait service was excellent. Even with the $20 coupon, our bill was $91 which is fairly expensive for 2 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- naplesgalDined on 9/5/2014Our second visit was not as impressive as first. Service was not as good. Menu is limited and was the same, but the duck breast was terrific.
- Romantic Place for a DateJoRdgzDined on 9/5/2014Everything about this place was excellent. The ambience was very quiet and candlelit. The service was friendly and attentive. The food was AMAZING! I don't have anything negative I can say about KC American Bistro. It is a more refined place with a limited menu as the chef prepared dishes according to what is available/in season and you can expect to pay a bit more for this level of service and quality but it is well worth it. This place is wonderful for a date or anniversary. I liked that it was quiet as this is very rare for me to experience when I am back home in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annie17Annie17Dined on 9/3/2014My husband and I are still talking about the dinner we had at KC American Bistro. EVERY dish was so delicious..from the date appetizer to the grouper with Napa slaw to the sea scallops with cauliflower souffle. Our guests also had the snapper which they enjoyed immensely. The pairing of flavors with each meal is a delight and that is the secret to this fabulous restaurant. Victoria, our server, was very knowlegable and Chef Keith himself presents your meal. Oh, it might be in a strip mall, but don't let that deter you from experiencing this dining experience!Special Features:
- Love the creative foodlove2cookVIPDined on 8/30/2014KC is one of my favorites in Naples for their creative food. The grouper was excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!LetsgoplacesandeatthingsDined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to KCAB and we were absolutely thrilled to have found this lovely place. Once inside, you'd never know you were in the middle of a strip mall! Our server Margie was wonderful. She helped us choose just the right wine, which was perfect with our apps and dinner. Our food was delivered by Chef K himself, which provided us the opportunity to tell him ourselves how great the food was. We particularly enjoyed the warm dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in proscuitto. The menu is fresh and inviting and the restaurant is immaculate. You can't go wrong here! OH, the honey/truffle butter with our bread should be illegal it's so good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding, best we have had in the area for a long time. Service was excellent. It is off season in Naples and restaurants are not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC's great quality always deliciousKathyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our group thoroughly enjoyed, the lamb chops, the grouper and the salmon. We marveled at the array and complexity of the sides that come with each entrée. None of us had ever had peanut butter kale and we were given a sample. It was yummy. When we asked if we could switch out accompaniements we were obliged and encouraged. KC's is always excellent. We love the consistency, the professionalism as well as the cuisine and the wines. Absolutely, do have dessert. The blueberry cobbler a la mode is a generous serving of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!2SnobsDined on 8/25/2014For some reason KC American Bistro keeps slipping our minds when we are thinking of a good place to eat. We always end up on 5th Ave or at a couple other go to's. It's ironic because every time we end up at KC's it is wonderful. Chef KC's attention to detail with his meals is commendable. I had the duck and my wife had the blackened red fish. Every bite was amazing. Service was also very good and everyone was very friendly. The only thing lacking is the decor. Some art work and visual tlc would go along way. Also the bar area is a little depressing with random beer and wine bottles scattered around. If you haven't experienced KC's American Bistro its definitely worth the trip!! 2Snobs.Special Features:
- rjf49rjf49VIPDined on 8/23/2014The BEST! A quality wine list. After ordering a bottle of Meomei Chardonnay, two in our party started with Wild Mushroom Bisque and two with the Fried Green Tomato "BLT" Salad . Both were superb. The Bisque was rich and earthy, the Tomatoes were perfectly fried and dressed. The Zinfandel braised short rib entree melted in your mouth. Served with parsnip puree, braised brussel sprouts, baby carrots and wild mushroom veal jus. The Lamb Chops were gently marinated in rosemary and mint and served with a gentle garlic risotto and spring vegetables. The Ritz Cracker seared Black Grouper served over a fresh corn and napa cabbage slaw was unbelievable, perhaps the best grouper we've ever tasted. Dessert-Chocolate Ganache Torte to share.Special Features:
- Local favoriteMeateaterDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by my neighbors and with good reason. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local findFoodieDined on 8/20/2014Great spot for early dining. Food is excellent and service is also. The chef has a very imaginative pairing of items. I had scallops and he paired them w/a cauliflower soufflé and succotash. Delish. The filet was also excellent. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Terrific!GoldendoodleDined on 8/16/2014The cauliflower soufflé is superb, and portions are sized. We had the scallops and the grouper and both were prepared perfectly - moist but cooked through. The beet salad and the kale salad were winners too.Special Features:
- naplesgalDined on 8/15/2014This is a great new find for us. We certainly will return. Service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- First TimerslaurienaplesflVIPDined on 8/15/2014We had bought a Naples Originals certificate a long time ago and just hadn't gotten around to using it. We were certainly glad that we didn't let it expire. Innovative dishes will bring us back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and beer only!NaplesResidentDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food but expensive. They had a large bar but only sold wine and beer. Very odd for a high quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Our dinners were delicious, the service wonderful all in a comfortable setting. I can't believe we've never been to KC before, we certainly will return.Special Features:
- DeliciousGrillmasterVIPDined on 8/2/2014As this was our first, and definitely not our last, experience we followed our servers recommendations which were all delicious. We started with the signature Fried Green Tomato "BLT" Salad and the Maryland Crab Souffle with sweet corn puree. Both starters were beautifully presented and delicious. I do think that the word Souffle does not describe the dish quite well enough as there was an abundance of fresh blue crab as if it were a lighter crab cake. The entrees were the Blackened Red Snapper the Ritz Cracker Seared Black Grouper and both were also nicely presented and delicious. For dessert we were presented the Chocolate Ganache Torte with Crème - outstanding! All of this supported attentive and kind service.Special Features:
- Best in NaplesNaneeDined on 8/2/2014Steak and grouper were first-rate. Loved the white tablecloths. Wait staff was wonderful, attentive and competent. We'll be regulars.Special Features:
- LorisDined on 8/2/2014Tucked away in a shopping center off Route 41 KC is an oasis of calm and quiet dining. And the food is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC American BistroMaggie12Dined on 7/31/2014This is the BEST food I have had in Naples! I have lived here 20 years and eat OUT often! This was, by far, the BEST!! The Chef came to our table after dinner and introduced himself and asked how everything was. Haven't had THAT happen before in a Naples restaurant!! This place is a WINNER! In the Season, I'm sure we will have to make reservations FAR in advance!! Congrats to the Chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Have eaten here several times & never disappointed. Excellent meal, salmon cooked perfectly & filet was exceptional, (no gristle). Imaginative pairings of veggies, perfectly plated!Special Features:
- KC's = Quality and Great SErviceKathyVIPDined on 7/21/2014KC's American Bistro is consistently delicious with superlative service.Special Features: