KC American Bistro
885 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
KC American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://kcamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 2395662371
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Keith Casey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from KC American Bistro
KC American Bistro is located in Pavilion Shopping Center in North Naples. Chef Keith Casey sources the freshest seasonal ingredients to create a cuisine that reflects the variety of indigenous foods from around the country. The character of each dish represents the history, culture and ethnicity that influence a particular region. Composing the menu daily provides Keith the versatility to feature the finest food available creating a truly unique dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
KC American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
KC American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (35)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)romantic (14)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Love the creative foodlove2cookVIPDined on 8/30/2014KC is one of my favorites in Naples for their creative food. The grouper was excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first visit to KCAB and we were absolutely thrilled to have found this lovely place. Once inside, you'd never know you were in the middle of a strip mall! Our server Margie was wonderful. She helped us choose just the right wine, which was perfect with our apps and dinner. Our food was delivered by Chef K himself, which provided us the opportunity to tell him ourselves how great the food was. We particularly enjoyed the warm dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in proscuitto. The menu is fresh and inviting and the restaurant is immaculate. You can't go wrong here! OH, the honey/truffle butter with our bread should be illegal it's so good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Food was outstanding, best we have had in the area for a long time. Service was excellent. It is off season in Naples and restaurants are not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC's great quality always deliciousKathyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our group thoroughly enjoyed, the lamb chops, the grouper and the salmon. We marveled at the array and complexity of the sides that come with each entrée. None of us had ever had peanut butter kale and we were given a sample. It was yummy. When we asked if we could switch out accompaniements we were obliged and encouraged. KC's is always excellent. We love the consistency, the professionalism as well as the cuisine and the wines. Absolutely, do have dessert. The blueberry cobbler a la mode is a generous serving of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal!2SnobsDined on 8/25/2014For some reason KC American Bistro keeps slipping our minds when we are thinking of a good place to eat. We always end up on 5th Ave or at a couple other go to's. It's ironic because every time we end up at KC's it is wonderful. Chef KC's attention to detail with his meals is commendable. I had the duck and my wife had the blackened red fish. Every bite was amazing. Service was also very good and everyone was very friendly. The only thing lacking is the decor. Some art work and visual tlc would go along way. Also the bar area is a little depressing with random beer and wine bottles scattered around. If you haven't experienced KC's American Bistro its definitely worth the trip!! 2Snobs.Special Features:
- rjf49rjf49VIPDined on 8/23/2014The BEST! A quality wine list. After ordering a bottle of Meomei Chardonnay, two in our party started with Wild Mushroom Bisque and two with the Fried Green Tomato "BLT" Salad . Both were superb. The Bisque was rich and earthy, the Tomatoes were perfectly fried and dressed. The Zinfandel braised short rib entree melted in your mouth. Served with parsnip puree, braised brussel sprouts, baby carrots and wild mushroom veal jus. The Lamb Chops were gently marinated in rosemary and mint and served with a gentle garlic risotto and spring vegetables. The Ritz Cracker seared Black Grouper served over a fresh corn and napa cabbage slaw was unbelievable, perhaps the best grouper we've ever tasted. Dessert-Chocolate Ganache Torte to share.Special Features:
- Local favoriteMeateaterDined on 8/23/2014Recommended by my neighbors and with good reason. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local findFoodieDined on 8/20/2014Great spot for early dining. Food is excellent and service is also. The chef has a very imaginative pairing of items. I had scallops and he paired them w/a cauliflower soufflé and succotash. Delish. The filet was also excellent. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Terrific!GoldendoodleDined on 8/16/2014The cauliflower soufflé is superb, and portions are sized. We had the scallops and the grouper and both were prepared perfectly - moist but cooked through. The beet salad and the kale salad were winners too.Special Features:
- naplesgalDined on 8/15/2014This is a great new find for us. We certainly will return. Service and food were excellent.Special Features:
- Wine and beer only!NaplesResidentDined on 8/9/2014Excellent food but expensive. They had a large bar but only sold wine and beer. Very odd for a high quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Our dinners were delicious, the service wonderful all in a comfortable setting. I can't believe we've never been to KC before, we certainly will return.Special Features:
- DeliciousGrillmasterVIPDined on 8/2/2014As this was our first, and definitely not our last, experience we followed our servers recommendations which were all delicious. We started with the signature Fried Green Tomato "BLT" Salad and the Maryland Crab Souffle with sweet corn puree. Both starters were beautifully presented and delicious. I do think that the word Souffle does not describe the dish quite well enough as there was an abundance of fresh blue crab as if it were a lighter crab cake. The entrees were the Blackened Red Snapper the Ritz Cracker Seared Black Grouper and both were also nicely presented and delicious. For dessert we were presented the Chocolate Ganache Torte with Crème - outstanding! All of this supported attentive and kind service.Special Features:
- Best in NaplesNaneeDined on 8/2/2014Steak and grouper were first-rate. Loved the white tablecloths. Wait staff was wonderful, attentive and competent. We'll be regulars.Special Features:
- LorisDined on 8/2/2014Tucked away in a shopping center off Route 41 KC is an oasis of calm and quiet dining. And the food is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC American BistroMaggie12Dined on 7/31/2014This is the BEST food I have had in Naples! I have lived here 20 years and eat OUT often! This was, by far, the BEST!! The Chef came to our table after dinner and introduced himself and asked how everything was. Haven't had THAT happen before in a Naples restaurant!! This place is a WINNER! In the Season, I'm sure we will have to make reservations FAR in advance!! Congrats to the Chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Have eaten here several times & never disappointed. Excellent meal, salmon cooked perfectly & filet was exceptional, (no gristle). Imaginative pairings of veggies, perfectly plated!Special Features:
- KC's = Quality and Great SErviceKathyVIPDined on 7/21/2014KC's American Bistro is consistently delicious with superlative service.Special Features:
- 1naplesbunny1naplesbunnyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Another great meal--the watermelon salad was delicious. The special Hog fish was well prepared. One cannot go wrong eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonita4Dined on 7/12/2014The food was very good. I had fish and it was great, not overcooked. My husband had the pork chop which was excellent. Our waiter was excellent friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food, interesting menu. Only complaint is that cocktails are not served.Special Features:
- Lovely & SophisticateddearnancyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We love this place. The service is terrific, KC always comes by to greet his guests. The food is artfully prepared and interesting. Hopefully they'll soon have a full liquor license to go with the beautiful new bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/10/2014First time there and definitely will return. Had the kale caesar-awesome! For dinner the salmon- fantastic! Can't wait to dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special go to place!SandDined on 7/9/2014We really enjoy suggesting an evening out at KC's with friends because it is always consistent and a special dining event!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new local favorite!!MaggienonoDined on 7/7/2014Salmon, scallops, rack of lamb… all to die for. You can't go wrong by trying this great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a MovieLuvtoeatDined on 6/28/2014This is a delightful place to eat any time. My group of five ladies love going here after a movie at the Paragon. The food is delicious, and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- KC is OK!!mitchellrausherVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went to KC's on a Monday evening at 6:30. We were 4 adults and a baby. Service was impeccable, food even better! Chef greeted us at the table and asked how everything was. We all had the salmon; excellent. Baby was well behaved, and treated well. Andreea was our server; glasses were never empty. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience. Will definitely return and heartily recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodieDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent. Perfectly trimmed lamb chops. Friendly to rq's for splitting the meal. Portions were quite adequate. Can bring your own bottle.Special Features:
- BrumDined on 6/17/2014The food is magnificent. Extremely flavorful and interesting.Special Features:
- KC's for Quality CuisineKathyVIPDined on 6/17/2014The menu at KC's American Bistro features the best dishes from around the US. For example, the Northeast is presented by lobster sliders, and mussels etc. It's fun and interesting to try the various regional offerings. Every menu item is of the highest quality, is skillfully prepared and served with the utmost professionalism. KC's is top notch.Special Features:
- VKONADined on 6/14/2014My husband and I both had the scallops and they were HUGE, but tender and DELICIOUS! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- gizmoDined on 6/7/2014We found that our bill was actually higher than it was supposed to be be, the 18% gratuity was not 18%, it totaled 22% although the printed bill said 18%. We were not informed that the gratuity was included in our total until the bill was presented to us. For food was good, but a little overpriced on the wine. $ 54.00 for 4 glasses of average at best.Special Features:
- No expresso or cappucinoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2014The food is terrific but there are a couple of quirks. There is no expresso or cappuccino despite requests from many customers. Servers say they are tired of telling the owner. They will only present the bill to a man. Doesn't matter if a woman makes the reservation. This is the 21st century. Get with it. If you do not know who is paying the bill, place it in the middle of the table. We could not get only one scoop of ice cream. They don't serve it that way. We were willing to pay the full price. They are a little rigid but the food is good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem w/ Inventive MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2014KC Bistro is a neighborhood special find near Pelican Bay in Naples (across the street from the hustle and bustle of Mercato, but with much better parking). The menu focuses on regional American cuisine. I ordered the Caesar kale salad to start and the duck entrée. perfectly seared outside with warm juicy center. Absolutely incredible. My husband's tomato and spinach stack salad with warm bacon dressing was tempting as well. The chef mentioned that he hopes to have his liquor license by the end of summer. For now, the beer and wine list work well for us. They've expanded the original dining room with makes me believe KC Bistro is here to stay. Glad to see it! Best food in Naples. Take a break from Mercato and 5th Ave and dine here.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hyperavenandredDined on 5/31/2014I had read reviews of the food so went in with some skeptisicm so as not to be disappointed. I was not! My mother, sister and I absolutely loved every dish we had. We loved the inventiveness that went into the dishes, and everything "worked" really well. The dates were melt in your mouth good, the mushroom soup was so flavorful, the watermelon salad light but with a beautiful tang of the cheese, the salmon was almost crunchy on the outside and soft and moist inside and paired perfectly with the blue cheese potatoes, etc. Yes, there was more :-) Definitely put on your list!Special Features:
- Our Group Loved American BistrodivinedineDined on 5/31/2014Great experience, as usual! Three couples, 1st visit for one of them. Rave reviews on wine, menu, presentation and service. How special that the Chef presents himself at food service - wonderful touch! We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Just wonderful!LuperduperDined on 5/30/2014The food here is terrific; the wait staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. We had one of the best meals we have ever had in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KC's American Bistro is ExcellentKathyVIPDined on 5/27/2014The rack of lamb with couscous, the grouper, the mussels, the lobster sliders....all have been superlative as are the salads and the blueberry cobbler a la mode dessert ( along with the other desserts) are worth the calories. Service and cuisine are impeccable.Special Features:
- KC American Bistro - Naples, FLsummerinchicagoVIPDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant is not a chain - The food is imaginative and well plated. Service is great. Decent wine list. Menu items are derived from different areas of the United States. I send my friends here all the time. Great place to take visitors to FL. Reservations are needed. Nice bar -Special Features:
- Strip mall gourmetTreehousedadVIPDined on 5/23/2014Loved it. Four of us ate here for our first time this weekend; each ordered something different and we will definitely go back. All meals were delicious, had interesting ingredients, were served hot, & presented attractively. When we told our server one member of our party was a vegan, she didn't miss a beat and assured us that the chef would pull together something interesting, which he did. The restaurant has the feel of an old Blockbuster video store that was brightly decorated to distract from its otherwise nondescript nature. It has an attractive bar, but only serves wine and beer at this point, but it had a nice selection of wines by the glass/bottle and beer. The chef came out and greeted each table, which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.