1400 Vine St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Over the Rhine
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kazeotr.com/
- Phone: 5138987991x
- Hours of Operation:
Tues.-Thurs.: Kitchen 11am-11pm, Bar 11am-12am
Fri. & Sat.: Kitchen 11am-12am, Bar 11am-1am
Sun.: Kitchen 12pm-10pm, Bar 12pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Gastro Pub, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hideki Harada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We are happy to continually host karaoke with Sean Hafer every Wednesday night from 8pm-12am in the Main Bar.
Every Final Friday, DJ Casey Coston spins tunes in the outdoor Garage Bar while our bartenders serve up a Tiki Cocktail Menu.
A word from KaZe
KaZe offers an experience not previously found in Cincinnati. Modeled after the Japanese Izakaya, KaZe is a multi-concept gastro pub that features a contemporary dining room, a cutting edge bar and lounge, and a year round outdoor beer garden. Executive Chef/Partner Hideki Harada's masterful sushi and small plates, ranging from Yakitori Skewers to Ramen, are paired with a top notch craft and local beer selection, premium sakes, and fine wines. The atmosphere, food, and drinks all lend to a social setting perfect for hard-working young professionals, foodies, beer enthusiasts, and social scenesters, alike. Don't be fooled, Kaze means business with it's food. Chef Harada's goal of the finest sushi in the Midwest is matched by the intense flavors of his small plates. His cuisine is meant to leave no one behind, and is a perfect match to your favorite libation. Located in Cincinnati's historic Over-the-Rhine, Kaze is a new social and epicurean oasis, in a storied setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
KaZe reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (102)hot spot (82)neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (67)great for outdoor dining (62)vibrant bar scene (58)good for groups (42)romantic (38)late-night find (38)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Would go just for patio and drinksEbbiesVIPDined on 8/28/2014Outdoor patio was really nice. However I think food was not the best I ever had and the value is questionable.
- Great sushiKEileenDined on 8/22/2014The pork bun appetizer was absolutely fantastic - a definite menu staple and must-try. My husband and I both ordered off the sushi menu for dinner. Everything we ate delicious! The crunchy scallop roll was our favorite.Special Features:
- ExpensiveReviewerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Very good but somewhat expensive. Hard to get out without spending $25 for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Hit in OTRKindleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have been to KaZe before. So in writing this its because we have been back. That means its very good. Nothing lacking here in food, service or atmosphere. All 5 of our party had different dishes. We rotated and all would have kept their new dish. Amazing to think no matter what was served it was delicious. Please try the pho. Very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting Menu- sushi heavenCincynaplesVIPDined on 8/16/2014KaZe's menu always excites! Besides fresh sushi, including the standards you love plus new twists, the Asian themed specials and entrees are top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLangerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our first visit and we loved it. We will be going back because there were so many other menu items that we wanted to try. Great flavors. Our waitress was so helpful in helping us decide what to choose. Don't miss this culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but surprisingly priceyLaidbackdinerDined on 8/10/2014Love the atmosphere. The food is great. However, am always shocked at how expensive it turns out to be for what you get.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Private PartychungclanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Hosted a surprise birthday party for my husband and 50 of our friends. Events planner Brittany made the process easy and executed the plan perfectly. Food was delicious, staff was attentive and gracious, and our guests raved about the food, drinks and venue. We were very pleased with every aspect of the evening. Thanks, Brittany and Kaze staff!Special Features:
- Before the showQuickDinerDined on 8/3/2014Among the best in the mid-west! Great Sashimi. Get the Bento meal.Special Features:
- Great food in a trendy areaKkg003Dined on 8/2/2014We spent about an hour at our hotel bar trying to figure out where to go eat. We went from 4-diamond fancy dinner to bar food to this. It was rated pretty high, so we decided to try it. I'm glad we did because it happens to be in a very trendy neighborhood, Over the Rhine, that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. It was our last night in Cincinnati. My husband had been there for business, and I met him over the weekend. The food here was good, and the service was outstanding. I loved the pork tenderloin skewers. The sushi was ok. The wine choice was good. We were more happy with the ambiance and the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliveccurranVIPDined on 8/1/2014KaZe is vibrant and stimulating with good food and great drinks.Special Features:
- I love dining at KazecincihoyaDined on 7/31/2014This is the 4th time I have dined at Kaze and it is the 4th time I have enjoyed an outstanding meal. Kaze is definitely my favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll come back.mldtrillyDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful time. The tables were spaced nicely. The service was impressive; the food outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect early eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014A great destination before a Music Hall performance and the bartender, Lance, made the evening perfect. Encouraging us to eat at the bar and following up with extraordinary service. Have also spent evenings here after performances and equally as enjoyable. A favorite destination!!Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceLoveToExperienceDined on 7/24/2014I made reservations for my friend & I at 6 pm due to seeing an opera at Music Hall at 7:30 pm. Unfortunately, just as I was getting ready to go in to the restaurant at 6 p.m., my friend contacted me saying that she was running late (wound up being 45 minutes). When I informed the hostess of this fact, she said that was fine & proceeded to sit me still. The server also said it wasn't a problem with my friend being late, took my order & waited till my friend came to actually put order in. I got 4 apps for us to share (the 3 different buns we tried were good - though the skewer was a little overcooked for us). The server even brought me some edame to munch on while waiting for my friend (apparently it was 'an extra' that someone didn't want).Special Features:
- I can't wait to go back!LuvAsianFoodDined on 7/24/2014I can't wait to go back. We started off by splitting the Ramen. The egg was sublime, creamy and delicious. The pork belly (fat back) was a yummy addition, making the dish really a meal. The Sushi rolls were good...not great but pretty darn good. The eel seemed a little dry, but it really was good. It would have been a little better if we'd have gone outside for the happy hour prices, but I'm satisfied and did I mention...I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent lunch, food & wine. My group's favorite place (especially Thursday)Special Features:
- Great Bar and ServicechicmommasueDined on 7/22/2014The service in the Bar was great! We had dinner and cocktails ... the sushi was delicious Love the look of the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTR's Best: Washington Park & KaZejesterTXDined on 7/20/2014KaZe's food was as great as expected, given the top 10 new restaurant ranking in The Cincinnatian 2014. Had fatty tuna sashimi, OTR roll ("our" roll), shrimp "bun", and "the equestrian" cocktail 'cause I like bourbon and horses. Yummy! Great service. Sat in the bar area for a chilled, not-too-crowded environment since the rest of the place was packed. Would love to be on the patio next time -- it was a great scene. Gluten-free menu was appreciated, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not Gr84thYesDined on 7/19/2014Went for a night out with my wife. Place is cool/beautiful looking. Nice outside bar and patio. I was surprised that they had been open going on 2 years as they seemed a little out of sorts on managing their reservations/getting people seated. We like the idea of the small plates and enjoyed there beong so many options. We asked about the must haves on the menu and some specifoc items which caught our eye. We had a sushi roll which was amazing. The pork buns which they identified as a dont miss and they were pretty good. Tried Kobe beef skewers which were just okay and the ramen noodle also on the dont miss list which we didnt think much of. Wont make a special trip back but would go along if a group was headed there.Special Features:
- Great sashimi and awesome servicesushiloverDined on 7/19/2014Best sashimi I've had in a long while. Along with friendly professional service and super trendy atmosphere, it was one of the most memorable dining experiences we've had in Cincinnati!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FishDavidDined on 7/18/2014All our food was very fresh, and well prepared. Plenty of variety. Our only complaint on this occasion was that our bill was charged twice to our credit card. I went back down there the next day to straighten it out. The manager said it would be taken off of our statement. It's been 2 days, and it's still on there. I hope I don't have to make another trip down there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KAZE is like a great Chicago restau5starDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful food, Great atmosphere I can not wait to bring people to this restaurant. Glad we tried something new! Loved the small plates that let you experience a variety of food tastes. something for everyone. It was hard to not try everything.Special Features:
- Really EnjoyablemckroeffindyDined on 7/6/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner here. The hostess initially led us to a small two-top in the back of the restaurant by a noisy server station even tho the restaurant was less than half full. We asked to check outside and found a very nice table near the bar. It took a few minutes to get waited on but after that the service was good. We ordered sushi which was very good. We liked that all rolls could be ordered small (5 pieces) or large (8-10). That gave us the chance to try several different rolls, all were quite fresh and flavorful. Sunday is half-price wine night and we had a very nice chard. I would definitely recommend Kaze.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday outJimmDined on 7/5/2014I always enjoy my Kaze experience. I was here for my birthday and everything was wonderful as usual. Our server Christopher was so very attentive and friendly that he made the experience even that much better. Love Kaze. PeriodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High PricedPurdDined on 7/2/2014Dinner for 3 was over $200, portions were very small, and service was not friendly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014We were disappointed in our server. We had special dietary restrictions at our table, and the server seemed both not well informed about the menu and disgruntled with having to check with the kitchen regarding our questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after the operaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014First time here. Well-informed, attentive waitress. Beautiful interior, tables not crowded. A bit pricey but food was flavorful, tasted freshly prepared although portions were small for the prices. Bar, separated from main dining room, was nice as was the outdoor seating area. Overall, very nice and a special occasion place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor area/barFoodiefightaveDined on 6/20/2014It was very loud and our server was kind of a dick. The food was okay for the price. Kind of expensive. We went another night for happy hour at the outside bar and lived it though. Fun drinks, cool bartenders - ask for Brooklyn. Outdoor area is cute. Wouldn't recommend for dinner inside food was over priced for what you get. I'm a foodie and wasn't wowed by the quality and the server was never there when we needed service. It was crowded which I don't mind but was hard to hear my boyfriend sitting next to me because of noise level. Would go again for drinks, skip the food.Special Features:
- Better than we expectedcbowmanDined on 6/20/2014I took my wife here on a Friday night. We had an excellent experience, and the food was great! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Love you more every time I comeCincyWannabeFoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have yet to be even slightly disappointed in Kaze. The service is outstanding. The atmosphere is outstanding. The food is outstanding x100. You are a place that I frequent because all the above is excellent every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vine St successBeenthereDined on 6/18/2014If you've done any traveling then you know the restaurants scene in cincinnati, though improving, leaves much to be desired. I find that many of the newer places I've eaten at are trying way to hard to differentiate themselves and are too expensively. Kaze is a pan-Asian restaurant with a good mix of innovation and simplicity. Try the Pork Buns--a nice Korean twist on the pork buns you'd find on the street in a big city's Chinatown (or China). The room is clean, open, modern, a bit cold in the atmosphere department and way too loud---and it wasn't crowded -- just a lame and loud sound system.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTR highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Great food. Sit at the sushi table for and watch the full kitchen at work. Very quiet and tight cooking team. Great food - Japanese or Japanese inspired. High quality sushi and not overwheming. Make sure you check out the bar in the back. Hidden gem. Patio looked nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The venue is a bit loud but the sushi was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for small appetitesAmy26Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I went here for dinner before we went to a show downtown. We ended up getting an appetizer and a plate of sushi. The Kobe sliders were absolutely delicious, and the California rolls were the best I've had in a long time. However, the bill had already racked up, and we were still hungry. This is a great place to go for a small meal and/or appetizer. I definitely recommend the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great happy hourLCoopDined on 6/14/2014Four of us made a reservation on a Saturday at 5 and sat in the beer garden. Happy hour only applies to the bar and beer garden. It was beautiful outside and sitting outdoors was perfect. Tried $4 ramen, $5 cocktails, and half price sushi. Can't beat that! Pretty good food. Atmosphere seems better than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in DiningESOLDined on 6/13/2014The menu is exceptional! The food is truly excellent. It was a bit noisy inside for us. It seemed very nice outside. The restaurant was much larger than we thought it was! Very inviting Bar areas in several areas. Dessert was quite tasty. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hits the mark again!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014We have dined several times and KaZe always hits the mark with both food and service! Loved everything we ate that night, but the octopus salad was especially delicious. Wish more restaurants in OTR were like KaZe and took reservations. Wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Dining good, beer garden not sofunfoodDined on 6/7/2014The dining inside was great and the waiter was FANTASTIC. After dinner we went to the beer garden and it went down hill. The seats are very awkward, very trendy but bowl chairs are not ideal for sitting in dresses and the other chairs that are not bowl chairs are just as awkward. Many people came out to sit and they felt very uncomfortable too. It was kinda a joke going around with the customers about the chairs. The wait staff outside was terrible and not friendly at all. I would not recommend the outside bar area but would recommend eating inside. Food was very good and inside is very comfortable. SO I would go again for dinner but somewhere else for after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/1/2014Our dinner was delicious! It was also helpful that our server was so knowledgeable and that he helped guide us to select some great items on the menu. We hope to return soon.Special Features: