1400 Vine St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Over the Rhine
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kazeotr.com/
- Phone: 5138987991x
- Hours of Operation:
Tues.-Thurs.: Kitchen 11am-11pm, Bar 11am-12am
Fri. & Sat.: Kitchen 11am-12am, Bar 11am-1am
Sun.: Kitchen 12pm-10pm, Bar 12pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Gastro Pub, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hideki Harada
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We are happy to continually host karaoke with Sean Hafer every Wednesday night from 8pm-12am in the Main Bar.
Every Final Friday, DJ Casey Coston spins tunes in the outdoor Garage Bar while our bartenders serve up a Tiki Cocktail Menu.
A word from KaZe
KaZe offers an experience not previously found in Cincinnati. Modeled after the Japanese Izakaya, KaZe is a multi-concept gastro pub that features a contemporary dining room, a cutting edge bar and lounge, and a year round outdoor beer garden. Executive Chef/Partner Hideki Harada's masterful sushi and small plates, ranging from Yakitori Skewers to Ramen, are paired with a top notch craft and local beer selection, premium sakes, and fine wines. The atmosphere, food, and drinks all lend to a social setting perfect for hard-working young professionals, foodies, beer enthusiasts, and social scenesters, alike. Don't be fooled, Kaze means business with it's food. Chef Harada's goal of the finest sushi in the Midwest is matched by the intense flavors of his small plates. His cuisine is meant to leave no one behind, and is a perfect match to your favorite libation. Located in Cincinnati's historic Over-the-Rhine, Kaze is a new social and epicurean oasis, in a storied setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
KaZe reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)hot spot (81)neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (50)vibrant bar scene (50)good for groups (38)romantic (33)late-night find (28)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (14)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Love the brisket bunsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This was our second visit as a group of 4 friends. The first visit was so wonderful that we could hardly wait to come again and have the brisket buns plus a few new items. The fresh salmon roe were wonderful. The sushi and sashimi and skewers were delish! My friend and I had the Cutie Honey drinks last time. We excitedly ordered them again this time but we think the measurement of ingredients was eyeballed rather than actually measured because the first one had way too much bitterness and the second one had way too much vodka. This is an easy drink to screw up, granted. When we mentioned this to the server, she took the drinks off our bill! We left a $40 tip on the $178 tab. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I've been here quite a few times. Food was very good and we had very good service. I'm sure I will be back many more times.Special Features:
- fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I took my dad here for his 59th birthday since he had always wanted to try sushi. He said that sushi is now his favorite food! Thanks for a great dinner with my family. My mom (also 59) is a designer and loved all of the lighting and decor. They felt really special and appreciated all of the little details of the meal and ambiance. Our server was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and serviceVannyDined on 9/19/2014Kaze is a welcome change to the foodie area ofo OTR because the ambiance is spacious, contemporary, and relaxing. Service was wonderful and the food was quite tasty. However, it was not my favorite spot for sushi in Cincinnati though. I would definitely come again to try other appetizers and entrees. It is a great place to go out for couples and groups of friends.Special Features:
- Best Sushi EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Wonderful veggie and also salmon sushi. Best ever! Friends had a salmon plate they raved over, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014We loved Kaze when it opened. Now the udon soup was all soup and no udon, the sushi was tired, the octopus inedible, and the service lackluster. Doubt we will go back.
- DollarjrDined on 9/14/2014Usually have great food at Kaze, but the steak dish was just okay. The ramen, however, was delicious- along with the peach yakatori(?) dessert. Drinks took a while and it wasn't that busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in OTRMammaFDined on 9/13/2014We were showing off OTR to a friend before going to the symphony on a Saturday night. We knew Kaze would be the perfect place to take her and we couldn't have been more correct. I especially liked the fact they took reservations. We loved that our guest just kept a huge smile between bites and when it was finally time to pull away from the table she told us it was a very memorable experience that she would love to have sometime again when she's in town. We knew the food would be delicious and our service would be friendly and knowledgeable, but even we were impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/13/2014We love Kaze. My husband worked in Japan for a while. It is the only local place he finds to be authentic.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedjimfields3Dined on 9/13/2014I expected an ok dinner. Instead I was wowed with delicious awesomeness! I wish I could say I found one food item I didn't like, but I'd be lying. I'm already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Kaze First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had my first visit to Kaze Friday night and was very pleased. Great food and service and cool vibe. After dinner sort of accidentally found the bar at Kaze and wasn't disappointed. Will definitely go back. Recommend the Pork Belly Buns and Tokio Mule!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMbf1VIPDined on 9/11/2014Good place before ETC because they take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi and slidersEdwardDined on 9/6/2014Went for a last minute date night with the wife. Sushi was excellent. Very unique rolls. The "crunchy scallop" roll was probably the best sushi roll I've ever had. Outdoor patio was very enjoyable. Lively scene and lots of people watching all around. Great service. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed return customerYvoRockstarDined on 9/6/2014This was my 5th visit to KaZe and likely the worst. I'm typically quite pleased when dining here but something was off this time. Our server was not well versed with the menu or accommodating to my food sensitivities. My order came out entirely wrong and there was an overall lack of concern from our server as he made no attempt to rectify the situation. My guests enjoyed their meal, but I'll likely stick to lunch or happy hour on the patio.Special Features:
- Outstanding sushi and atmosphereKmoeDined on 9/6/2014This was our second time at Kaze. The decor has a wonderful vibe, from the front dining area to the bar and back patio. But the real reason to go is the sushi! Highly recommend the crunchy scallop roll and Kaze salad. Delicious! And were surprised to find smores on the dessert menu. Perfect for sharing! We loved everything we ordered, with the exception of the apple martini. We will stick with ordering drinks on the menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smolkDined on 9/6/2014Thought the atomosphere was particularly contemporary. Had vegetable pancakes for appetizer. Was tasty and a large portion. Easily sharable. Had OTR roll which again was a large portion and extremely fresh tasting. Wish I had known about the excellent happy hour specials at the back bar, but check them out on their website before you go. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Another great OTR placeBobMDined on 9/6/2014We really enjoyed our dinner and will be back. We liked the atmosphere, the selections and the derviceSpecial Features:
- all good!shansanDined on 9/6/2014fresh, relaxed atmosphere. knowledgeable, personable server. beautiful presentation of food. very tasty food- unique and complex flavor combos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nonameDined on 9/5/2014Food was good- Service was excellent. Great location to Music Hall.Special Features:
- ExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014Salmon smelled like fish. Only problem vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvhhbbvvvvvvvvvSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaZe do it right.ccurranVIPDined on 8/29/2014On a busy Friday evening the staff handled things effortlessly. An the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go just for patio and drinksEbbiesVIPDined on 8/28/2014Outdoor patio was really nice. However I think food was not the best I ever had and the value is questionable.
- Great sushiKEileenDined on 8/22/2014The pork bun appetizer was absolutely fantastic - a definite menu staple and must-try. My husband and I both ordered off the sushi menu for dinner. Everything we ate delicious! The crunchy scallop roll was our favorite.Special Features:
- ExpensiveReviewerVIPDined on 8/20/2014Very good but somewhat expensive. Hard to get out without spending $25 for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Hit in OTRKindleVIPDined on 8/19/2014We have been to KaZe before. So in writing this its because we have been back. That means its very good. Nothing lacking here in food, service or atmosphere. All 5 of our party had different dishes. We rotated and all would have kept their new dish. Amazing to think no matter what was served it was delicious. Please try the pho. Very very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting Menu- sushi heavenCincynaplesVIPDined on 8/16/2014KaZe's menu always excites! Besides fresh sushi, including the standards you love plus new twists, the Asian themed specials and entrees are top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itLangerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our first visit and we loved it. We will be going back because there were so many other menu items that we wanted to try. Great flavors. Our waitress was so helpful in helping us decide what to choose. Don't miss this culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but surprisingly priceyLaidbackdinerDined on 8/10/2014Love the atmosphere. The food is great. However, am always shocked at how expensive it turns out to be for what you get.Special Features:
- Perfect for a Private PartychungclanVIPDined on 8/9/2014Hosted a surprise birthday party for my husband and 50 of our friends. Events planner Brittany made the process easy and executed the plan perfectly. Food was delicious, staff was attentive and gracious, and our guests raved about the food, drinks and venue. We were very pleased with every aspect of the evening. Thanks, Brittany and Kaze staff!Special Features:
- Before the showQuickDinerDined on 8/3/2014Among the best in the mid-west! Great Sashimi. Get the Bento meal.Special Features:
- Great food in a trendy areaKkg003Dined on 8/2/2014We spent about an hour at our hotel bar trying to figure out where to go eat. We went from 4-diamond fancy dinner to bar food to this. It was rated pretty high, so we decided to try it. I'm glad we did because it happens to be in a very trendy neighborhood, Over the Rhine, that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. It was our last night in Cincinnati. My husband had been there for business, and I met him over the weekend. The food here was good, and the service was outstanding. I loved the pork tenderloin skewers. The sushi was ok. The wine choice was good. We were more happy with the ambiance and the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliveccurranVIPDined on 8/1/2014KaZe is vibrant and stimulating with good food and great drinks.Special Features:
- I love dining at KazecincihoyaDined on 7/31/2014This is the 4th time I have dined at Kaze and it is the 4th time I have enjoyed an outstanding meal. Kaze is definitely my favorite restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll come back.mldtrillyDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful time. The tables were spaced nicely. The service was impressive; the food outstanding.Special Features:
- Perfect early eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014A great destination before a Music Hall performance and the bartender, Lance, made the evening perfect. Encouraging us to eat at the bar and following up with extraordinary service. Have also spent evenings here after performances and equally as enjoyable. A favorite destination!!Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceLoveToExperienceDined on 7/24/2014I made reservations for my friend & I at 6 pm due to seeing an opera at Music Hall at 7:30 pm. Unfortunately, just as I was getting ready to go in to the restaurant at 6 p.m., my friend contacted me saying that she was running late (wound up being 45 minutes). When I informed the hostess of this fact, she said that was fine & proceeded to sit me still. The server also said it wasn't a problem with my friend being late, took my order & waited till my friend came to actually put order in. I got 4 apps for us to share (the 3 different buns we tried were good - though the skewer was a little overcooked for us). The server even brought me some edame to munch on while waiting for my friend (apparently it was 'an extra' that someone didn't want).Special Features:
- I can't wait to go back!LuvAsianFoodDined on 7/24/2014I can't wait to go back. We started off by splitting the Ramen. The egg was sublime, creamy and delicious. The pork belly (fat back) was a yummy addition, making the dish really a meal. The Sushi rolls were good...not great but pretty darn good. The eel seemed a little dry, but it really was good. It would have been a little better if we'd have gone outside for the happy hour prices, but I'm satisfied and did I mention...I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent lunch, food & wine. My group's favorite place (especially Thursday)Special Features:
- Great Bar and ServicechicmommasueDined on 7/22/2014The service in the Bar was great! We had dinner and cocktails ... the sushi was delicious Love the look of the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTR's Best: Washington Park & KaZejesterTXDined on 7/20/2014KaZe's food was as great as expected, given the top 10 new restaurant ranking in The Cincinnatian 2014. Had fatty tuna sashimi, OTR roll ("our" roll), shrimp "bun", and "the equestrian" cocktail 'cause I like bourbon and horses. Yummy! Great service. Sat in the bar area for a chilled, not-too-crowded environment since the rest of the place was packed. Would love to be on the patio next time -- it was a great scene. Gluten-free menu was appreciated, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.