1103 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kayneprime.com/
- Phone: (615) 259-0050
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Dining Room Opens Daily at 5:00
Reservations highly recommended, Walk-ins welcome. If you are unable to find a reservation available, please contact us at 615-259-0050.
Bar is full service
Business and Business Casual Attire Only
No Shorts No Tank Tops No Hats No Flip Flops and/or Sandal Shoes on Gentlemen Please.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Grace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kayne Prime
Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline.Continued
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kayne Prime - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Kayne Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
306 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (229)fit for foodies (189)hot spot (150)romantic (136)notable wine list (130)good for groups (125)vibrant bar scene (87)neighborhood gem (52)scenic view (37)late-night find (14)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Food. Areas of service need work.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2014All the food was great. The valet was slow and disorganized. The hostess was not very polite. She couldn't find our reservation and was trying to make excuses not to seat us. A host stepped in and got us a table. Her comments were unnecessary. We would eat here again. The seafood app is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/19/2014Mark our server was extremely attentive, but not too clingy. Definitely will dine with Mark the next time I go. It is nice to dine with the same servers because they are much more aware of your expectations. Definitely one of the better Kayne Prime experiences compared to previous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatLuvNashRestaurantsDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I took two good friends from Atlanta here on Sunday night. We have always been a fan of other steak restaurants in town, Flemings specifically. However, Kayne Prime is now my favorite Nashville dinner spot, so I wanted to let our friends compare as well. As thought, Kayne Prime won them over as well. He raved about the ambiance, service and of course the food! Well done as always KP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommended - Kayne Prime!kstew923Dined on 11/15/2014Amazing meal for our 12th Anniversary. We enjoyed the following from the menu... House Made Bacon, Lettuce Wedge (large enough that my husband and I split it). I had the Wagyu Filet and my husband had the NY Strip. Sides are served 'family style' so we split the mushrooms and pepperoni and the macaroni. For dessert we carried out the cheese plate. I have to say that every bite was AMAZING! The added perk of cotton candy with the house made bacon was a true playground for the taste buds between the sweet and savory. The lettuce wedge salad was so fresh and refreshing and it was evident that every morsel on the plate was 'fresh picked'. After hearing about Wagyu beef for years I was excited to enjoy my first taste... and it does not disappoint. The meat was so tender I could cut it with a fork. The mushrooms and macaroni were the perfect accompaniment. We were so full that we decided to take our dessert for later and opted for the cheese plate... each cheese option was great but the stars of the plate were the toast, candied nuts and the seasonal jelly. Oh that jelly - it reminded me of something my great grandmother would have made many many years ago. I can say this was the perfect way to spend our anniversary celebration. Service was GREAT and everyone greeted us with a smile as we entered and left the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary Dinner!JCLCDined on 11/15/2014We came here for our anniversary dinner. I had picked this place due to the reviews I read online, and everything lived up to our expectations, and much more! Jimmy, our waiter, gave us champagne to start, and the duck egg rolls we had as starters were fantastic! We then tried Wagyu filet mignon for the first time, and my wife said it was the best steak she ever had. Topping it all off was the toasted banana bread, which was amazing. From top to bottom, it was a memorable dining experience. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2014We loved the food, the bar scene, the service and the drink menu. Our booth was cozy yet active, the menu was predictable with a special surprises and just the right added twist!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must dine here oftenEatOutOftenVIPDined on 11/13/2014Great food! Superb service. Only issue was the cold room in the front where we were seated. The night we dined noise level was louder than previous experiences-bar was super crowded and was across from us. This is a must dining spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Special Anniversary DinnerJamesDined on 11/13/2014I reserved an Anniversary Dinner to celebrate 49 years of marriage. My wife wanted to return to another steakhouse, however after reading the positive reviews of Kayne Prime, I convinced her we should go here - WHAT A MISTAKE!! One only gets 1 chance to make a good impression & they FAILED. It began well with a warm greeting, a perfect table, meeting our servers, ordering drinks, appetizers, salads, entrees, & sides. Wine came first which was perfect, then really good appetizers, then - NOTHING - NOTHING FOR OVER A HALF AN HOUR! Our servers passed in front of our booth many times, where they must have noticed that we had NOTHING on our table other than glasses of water and my wife's wine (mine was empty) - then 2 men approached with our steaks and side dishes - we politely said we were still awaiting our salads - they looked embarrassed, said oh, we'll check on that & disappeared. Next, our head server (whom we observed being told of this) approached and asked if there was a problem (ridiculous) - we repeated that we were still awaiting our salads. He turned and disappeared also and a few minutes we were served our salads which were good and after we finished those (about 12-15 minutes), they cleaned our table and the same guys brought our steaks and sides again - we believe they were the SAME as 20 minutes earlier, because nothing was hot - steaks barely warm as were the sides - clearly they simply placed our mains somewhere in the galley. By this time our 49th anniversary dinner had been destroyed with no chance of recovery. EVERYONE KNEW IT WAS OUR SPECIAL NIGHT AND STILL DID NOT CARE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT A POSITIVE MEMORY - AS WE WERE FINISHING OUR MEAL, A WOMAN OTHER THAN A SERVER CAME BY AND SAID SORRY, AND THAT PEOPLE IN THE BACK WERE PREPARING SOMETHING SPECIAL AND NICE FOR US - WE NEVER SAW HER AGAIN AND NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING!! There is simply NO EXCUSE for this kind of service at any cost - and especially at over $100 per person.
- always the bombOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014went for our anniversary and the service and food were great. fabulous spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014Best Steakhouse I've ever been to including Chicago New York.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're still talking about dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Days later we're still talking about our delicious dinner. Service and food were impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic anniversary dinner!GatorFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014Celebrated an anniversary dinner on a Friday night but since it was a last minute decision to go to Kayne we ended up with a 10:30pm reservation. The wait did not disappoint as the food and cocktails were amazing! Ashton, our server, was incredibly friendly and provide lots of great recommendations...including the house-made bacon topped with cotton candy for a starter. I probably had the best steak I've ever had and can't wait to return for another special occasion. The only suggestion I would make is for the bar to have the same level of courtesy and hospitality that Aston possessed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They made it right.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I were looking for a great restaurant for our anniversary, and had never tried Kayne Prime. We put in our reservation and showed up a few minutes early. Unfortunately, our table wasn't ready for almost 45 minutes. I'm a bit more easy going, but my wife was not happy. She spoke to the manager who handled the situation brilliantly. He didn't get frustrated with us, offered to pay for our entire meal. What came close to being a disastrous first experience turned out to make us huge fans. Of course, the food was amazing, but we were treated very well all around. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMPT3Dined on 11/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebrating my husband's 30th birthday. They gave us a very nice table and everyone who stopped by the table wished him a happy birthday. The food was wonderful and our waiter had great recommendations.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner Success!MusicCityFoodieDined on 11/4/2014This was my first time at Kayne Prime. I had heard so many amazing things about this restaurant so when my best friend's birthday was coming up, I knew I had to take him here. Everything about our dinner was perfect. The waiters were very attentive, but not too much so. We had the bacon and cotton candy appetizer and kale salad to start. For our main dishes we shared the filet, Scottish salmon, and the pork chop (which was my favorite). For sides, we choose the roasted roots, cream corn brûlée, and the potatoes. All were delicious. We were treated to a complementary birthday dessert which was essentially a block of chocolate with a hazelnut caramel cream center (OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD).Special Features:
- Never disappointsjconderDined on 11/3/2014I hosted a group of business executives at Kayne this week. A couple of the execs were well traveled, but had either not spent any time in Nashville or had never eaten at Kayne. The food and the gracious hostess staff were a big hit with my colleagues and made for a wonderfully memorable evening.Special Features:
- Great Customer ServiceAllergiesDined on 11/3/2014My wife has severe food allergies to mammals meats and dairy and I notified the restaurant of her allergies prior to our reservation. Upon our arrival our Server Tristan greeted us and immediately let our table know he, the kitchen staff and the chef were all aware of her allergies and he even had a list of items the chef could prepare for her with out dairy or mammals meats. WOW they were so ready to give top notch service. Tristan was attentive through out the night and extremely knowledgeable. The food all arrived timely and was excellent. We will be back for another fabulous meal and I will ask for Tristan.Special Features:
- Great expectationsBuckyVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went to Kayne Prime for a birthday celebration. If you go to a steak place for steak, go to Flemmings. If you are into 'different' (mostly sweet) twists on common themes, give Kayne a try. The NY strip I had seemed more choice than prime - perhaps to encourage the wuyague - or however it is spelled. The banana nut bread dessert was good, but plan to share as more than two spoons brought dimininishing returns.Special Features:
- Ended up with bogey for the hole.LongtimeNashvilledinerDined on 11/2/2014The atmosphere and overall food were great. The wait staff seemed attentive. My wife and I ordered their prestiged Wagyu filets. Mine was perfect, however my wife's was not cooked correctly. They took it back to the kitchen to cook it a little longer. When it was brought back it was very bitter from excessive chare. I asked them to cook her a new one at the temperature she requested. They readily accepted and executed the request. I only wish we could have ate together. There was such a delay that I had finished my steak way before my wife got hers. If I would have waited, it would have gotten cold. At the prices they charge, I didn't expect for there to be any issues with our experience or meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoptoit27Dined on 11/2/2014My husband had the steak tartar = he loved it. We split the black kale salad = out of this world for a kale salad. His wagyu steak melted in your mouth. I had to try a piece. I had the vegetarian entrée and it was delicious. Big portion; couldn't eat it all. The popup rolls were mouth watering. We were too full for dessert. There was a lively group across from us, who kept us entertained. I wouldn't choose this restaurant for a quiet, romantic interlude. We will go back again. Lots of good things on the menu to try yet. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves before heading to the symphony.Special Features:
- Go for the popovers and steaksYolandaVIPDined on 11/1/2014Kayne Prime is one of our favorite spots in Nashville. The food is great. We love the steaks, tuna tartar and risotto tater tots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in town!JennyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Kayne prime is excellent! From the minute we walked in to the moment we left we felt special. We ended up at a private table with our own TV (they told us the cast of Nashville usually sat there) with the best waitress!! Her name was Amber and she rocked it!!!! The food was delicious!!! This was only my second time dinning here and it remains top of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive evening!dinnerpartyDined on 11/1/2014We visited Nashville as a group of six couples who love to travel. We booked a table for 12 over a month in advance. We agreed to the 20% gratuity and family style ordering of sides. The meat comes a la carte so we ordered 4 sides of potatoes and veggies for the group. Little did we know that we would be charged the cost of the side X 5 each! (The waiter told us we had to try the corn - we asked for One side and got six). Our bill was $1900.00 and about half of the sides went to waste. Our waiter should have explained this. He was not sincere and it was obvious that he saw dollar signs when serving us. With wine but no dessert or coffee, the cost was 330.00 per couple. We won't be back. Etch is the place to eat in Nashville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bunch?ZeusGuyVIPDined on 11/1/2014Some say its the best of the 'steak houses' ... and equally pricey ... but there's room for improvement. Duck tacos had grocery store crispy shell and not enough flavor. My bone in filet was delicious ... once got past the dry, over cooked outermost part (initial bites made me wonder why I had paid >$50 for such a small hunk of meat). Too much salt in every thing especially the brussel sprouts. Mac & cheese was really good. My daughter, who doesn't eat read meat had enough to choose from. I tasted her tuna appetizer (her entree) - it was essentially sushi grade ahi on rice ... not much flavor. Wines by the glass included some nice selections but seemed over-priced. Next time I'm hankering for a steak, I'm going to Stoney River or Flemings.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse Aroundmjm1101jpmDined on 11/1/2014This is a yearly tradition for my boyfriend and I. We have spent his last two birthdays at Kayne Prime and will be coming back for many years to come. The service is always phenomenal, and the quality of food is unreal. The atmosphere is very romantic, but also an option for larger groups. We have never had a bad experience, and are thankful to the wonderful staff for making each visit a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond What I Expected!!!KeishDined on 10/29/2014Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Since they're known for excellent steak that's what we ordered and we weren't disappointed. From the start with wine to appetizers to main meal and dessert it was awesome. I highly recommend. Pricey indeed but if you don't mind go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SidesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Kayne Prime is a place I always wanted to go. It is M Street, so first and foremost you should remember that this place is there to make money. It does care about making great food too, but mainly it just wants to make money. That said- it is successful at both of these things! Don't get me wrong, overall my meal was delicious. I completely stuffed my face until I could barely walk away from the table. However, I thought the steak was too peppery and not at all worth the money I paid for it. It was a good steak and cooked to perfection, but I would expect more from the "best steakhouse in Nashville." If you ask me, the sides is where Kayne Prime shines. We tried three and they were all absolutely phenomenal and worth every single penny. If I went back, I honestly might just forget the steak and buy all sides. I certainly took the leftover sides home and ate them all the very next day. Great experience, and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLuv2eatDined on 10/26/2014Awesome Food..Elegant quite.....best steak house everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in NashvilleReadpatDined on 10/26/2014Unbelievable dining experience. Everything we ordered was exquisite. Steaks you can cut with a fork. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from TexasCmartDined on 10/25/2014The cream corn brulee changed my life. Enough said...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitImissFScottsDined on 10/25/2014While the food was excellent and the service was as attentive as I would expect on a busy Saturday evening, being seated in a little room around the corner at the back of the dining room was disappointing. It felt too removed from the rest of the patrons and not part of a social atmosphere at all. The quality of the food will have me coming back at some point but I feel no rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kanye ParKmarkDined on 10/25/2014Saturday Oct 25 for our anniversary. Was good, but for the money I expect Prime. The service was great, food average, and the area was very loud for a romantic evening. Lots of dining options in greater Nashville, I'll keep searching for that go to place for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but should have been betterMaggieDined on 10/25/2014Steak was amazing as was the kale salad. Corn crème brulee was too sweet for my taste, but my husband really liked it. The desserts were uninspired and limited in selection Service was good, but slowed down considerably once the restaurant got busy. We had trouble getting our check despite the fact that our waiter knew we had to leave by a certain time because we had tickets to an event. We will go back to give it another shot simply because the steak was so good. However, for the prices they charge, I would not have expected these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/23/2014Once seated the service was excellent and loved Tony at the bar but the hostess service wasn't stellar. It took a long time to get our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been a 5 except for...UrbanYumDined on 10/23/2014My review would have been a 5 however, we waited 30 minutes past our reservation time because we were told "our table wasn't available yet". Understandable however we were finally sat in a room with 6 open tables. The hostesses were unapologetic and more concerned with prancing around and socializing. When our table was ready, we were treated as if we were a hassle to be seated. Just rude. Our server was AMAZING. And definitely made up for the poor FOH staff. Food and wine list was very good as well. We will be back, only we'll make our reservations 30 minutes earlier than when we actually want to sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceNdrounder08Dined on 10/23/2014They have some awesome menu items that are unique to Kayne which I haven't tasted at other steakhouses throughout the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kayne PrimePoppyforpopoversDined on 10/23/2014Cant go wrong with this restaurant. Make reservations. Sit at a booth in the bar. Order a martini with blue cheese olives, tuna appetizer and popovers! Everything on the menu is top shelf. #satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the splurgeTamiLDined on 10/21/2014My boyfriend and I went here to celebrate our 3 year anniversary, and boy were we glad we did. Aside from the outstanding service provided to us by Scott and his co-workers, the food was unbelievable. Scott was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and the whole service staff was incredibly attentive. I plan on going to visit Kayne Prime many more times in the future!Special Features:
- One year anniversaryimrichDined on 10/20/2014Ambiance is always one of a kind. Food and service is outstanding. It was a busy night and we requested to be moved to the booth in bar area which overlooks the beautiful downtown Nashville. Staff made it happen very quickly and made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique MenuRoadTravelerDined on 10/19/2014Don't miss the bacon and cotton candy appetizer! A sample of the unique menu that we found. It was our first visit to Kayne and it will not be the last. It's convenient to downtown hotels and the convention center.