1103 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kayneprime.com/
- Phone: 6152590050x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Dining Room Opens Daily at 5:00
Reservations highly recommended, Walk-ins welcome. If you are unable to find a reservation available, please contact us at 615-259-0050.
Bar is full service
Business and Business Casual Attire Only
No Shorts No Tank Tops No Hats No Flip Flops and/or Sandal Shoes on Gentlemen Please.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Grace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kayne Prime
Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline.Continued
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Kayne Prime - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Kayne Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (234)fit for foodies (157)romantic (146)notable wine list (128)hot spot (127)good for groups (90)vibrant bar scene (62)neighborhood gem (47)scenic view (30)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Best meal of the weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our meal was one of a kind, the filet was cooked to perfection and had a wonderful taste that melted in your mouth. The appetizer we had was the bacon with maple syrup cotton candy was quite unique and worth the price. The two sides we ordered were delicious and plenty of the two of us to share. We were too stuffed to order dessert, so not sure how those were, but the meal left us full and quite satisfied. I would highly recommend Kayne Prime to anyone who goes to Nashville. The staff and our waiter were top notch and made our dinner experience a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Food and service are truly extraordinary... Every person that served our group made the experience a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Kayne started off at the bar. We waited for roughly ten minutes at the bar, which wasn't particularly busy. Several bar tenders were available but none ever asked us if we wanted something to drink. Eventually the hostess showed us to our table (before we were able to place an drink order at the bar). Once at our dining booth, we found the waiter to be exceptional. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, checked on our table frequently, and had great personality. He was friendly, but succinct and didn't shy away from making recommendations based on our tastes. The steak was amazing, but the sides lacked sufficient seasoning and therefore lacked direction and had no X factor. This restaurant is good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect from start to finish. All of the staff were friendly, our waiter, ask for Guy, was very knowledgeable and thorough. Just the right amount of attention, and the food was out of this world. By far the best steak and I thought I had had the best. Amazing!! Great celebration spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Best dinner we have had in Nashville. We celebrated our anniversary. We will be back.Special Features:
- Duck Tacos Best Ever!!!JanaDined on 8/29/2014Always a great experience here! Nashville has many great restaurants, but this is always my go to for a special occasion. Never had a bad thing on the menu!Special Features:
- great food, terrible serviceEatingInNashvilleDined on 8/25/2014It's worth going to at least once. The food is interesting and delicious. But the service is just terrible and ruins the entire experience for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014We chose Kayne Prime for a birthday dinner and were pleased with our choice. The food was very good-- the filet melted like butter. I definitely recommend the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- best dining ever great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Have eaten at very nice restaurants Kahne is the bestSpecial Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014the food, service, and experience is great. only improvement needed would be on appetizers; although warned, the portions are small for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 yearFoodbitsDined on 8/23/2014We dined at Kayne Prime for our 1 year anniversary & was blown away by the food & service. Highly recommend Kayne Prime. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime food!nadeca06Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner was excellent and the service was outstanding. The cheese platter and bacon topped with cotton candy is a must. One of the waiters brought us a copy of the cheese list as well as the block of cheese and informed us that it was one of the chef's favorite cheeses. Needless to say, it was ours as well. The accompaniments were just as good, including the date cake and toasted bread tips. The sampler/flight of beef was spectacular - quality was amazing! Unfortunately, we couldn't fit the dessert, but there was plenty of eye-candy for the ladies! Gorgeous restaurant and staff and delicious food. Thanks for a wonderful evening, Kayne. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Everything I expected and morePrinceofPinotDined on 8/22/2014Kayne Prime is a must if you are looking for an upscale dining experience in Nashville. Small bar, but very nice. Tables and booths good for small, intimate dinners or dining our with friends or clients. The service was 5 star, but the food stole the show (as it should). House made bacon with maple infused cotton candy appetizer - there is a reason why using bacon on Food Channel cooking competition shows is frowned upon - because it's wonderful!!! Don't leave without trying it. Black kale salad - whatever you think of kale, think again after you've tried this. It's not a life changing experience, but it's also not far from it. For a real treat, have the wagyu progressive. Unbelievable, melt in your mouth experience. Overall, 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceSpurlsaDined on 8/22/2014This is our second time dining at Kayne Prime. Great atmosphere and amazing food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in NashvilleNashvilleFoodieDined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and It will not be my last. Hands down the best food in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Streak in NashvilleWaguyDined on 8/19/2014The food was absolutely phenomenal, our steaks were cooked perfect. This was the best steak I've had in nashville. Everything exceeded expectations. We will def be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchCmdrgDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was timely and all staff including management were very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Top FlightBethesdaM1keDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant was packed. We had a wonderful steak meal, although my wife's filet was undercooked. We switched filets. The steaks and sides were delicious. The manager offered complimentary desserts to make up for the steak issue. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- CelebrationTheBankerDined on 8/16/2014We had 8 people in our party. The service was amazing and the ambience was great to have a great time!! The food lived up to the hype as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Poor Servicesol123Dined on 8/14/2014Without a question food was great. We arrived about 15 min early and was told we could not be seated. Our assigned table was occupied. At our reservation time we were sat at a table that had been empty since our arrival. The wait staff could not have been nicer. The problem was the service. After finishing each course we would wait approx. 15 minutes and have to ask for someone to check on our next course. After taking our initial drink order, no one ever asked if we wanted anything else. The general manager was somewhat understanding when we reported the problem. Our wait staff had a large party, which might be part of the problem. Would I go back? Like I said food was great.Special Features:
- AMAZINGLoveNYandTNDined on 8/13/2014Everything about this place was amazing. Each food dish we ordered was fabulous, the wait staff was friendly and they had great drinks.Special Features:
- Incredibly disappointingBettyButtDined on 8/13/2014After reading reviews, we were excited about taking friends to try someplace new. What a mistake! It was so loud that conversation was nearly impossible. The service was adequate. The bacon appetizer was interesting as it was served with cotton candy. Unfortunately, it turned out to be, basically, 4 big chunks of pork fat. Our sides (tots and corn brulee') were generous in portion size but nothing special in the taste department. My filet was tasty but not very hot - and it was served on a cold plate. The drinks were overpriced, even for an upscale restaurant, and - whatever you do, do NOT order the blackberry daiquiri. It had olive juice in it. Gross!! The good news is - we don't ever have to go back.
- FoodeputtDined on 8/11/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had in my life! Tuna Tartar was incredible and different. Everything was just phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAmazingDined on 8/10/2014Ashley, our server was amazing! She is very knowledgable, made all the right recommendations from apps to wine. The house made bacon is a must. As well as the corn brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I've had in a long time!FoodHunterDined on 8/10/2014I took my wife to Kayne Prime for her birthday, and we were both blown away! The Wagyu Filet was cooked perfectly and nearly melted in our mouths. The spicy green beans were phenomenal, and the banana bread pudding was delicious. The service was also superb. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner, wowadmanDined on 8/10/2014We had heard it was great, so we went, and it was. The service, the atmosphere, and the food could not have been better. Have to try the beacon with cotton candy. I do not like kale, but their kale salad was delicious. But the steak (NY strip) was one of the best steaks I have ever had and I did not have their special steak. The sides were wonderful and plenty to split with someone else. We will go again, and take someone with us so they too can experience it. The servers and waiters and staff was very helpful and efficient and everyone smiled. They like where they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014I appreciate such an awesome dining experience in eloquence!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner2xnikDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service and outstanding food. The Wagyu filet was definitely one of the best steaks I ever had. Our waiter provided us with complimentary champaign for our anniversary which was a very nice touch. The only negatives I can think of is that the noise level was higher than I would prefer (definitely not a quiet place) and the entrance area was very busy and the atmosphere felt more like checking-in for a busy flight rather than a high-end restaurant although the staff was very friendly. That said, it's definitely a great place for a special night out and the food will for sure not disappoint.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed the nice atmosphere as well as the service. Staff was extremely knowledgable and willing to serve .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!FoodFan615Dined on 8/9/2014Took my wife to Kayne Prime for her birthday and we loved it. The housemade bacon and cream of corn brûlée lived up to the hype, to die for! We also had the seared scallops, potato gratin and our favorite of the night, the Wagyu Strip. We will be dinner with them again in the near future. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kayne PrimeHankDined on 8/9/2014Pricey, but worth it. Loved the decor. The food was excellent. The traffic getting in and out was bad, but the valet parking helped. The 24 oz. rib-eye was delicious, but didn't seem like 24 oz. The side dishes were sooo good!! All in all, a lovely evening shared with some good friends.Special Features:
- Pop (on) Over!FrankofileDined on 8/8/2014Every bite of our meal was delicious. From the duck taco appetizer to the mushroom and pepperoni side dish, we were impressed. As we later discussed, our favorite may have been the popovers. What an indulgent piece of bread! Nathan served us well. Kayne Prime is a special occasion kind of place, and we'll be finding lots of special occasions to celebrate!Special Features:
- As good as it getsislanderDined on 8/7/2014Came back for second time with family for special occasion. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. First class service with great food.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience-JimBDined on 8/7/2014Outstanding food and service. Get the corn brûlée' for sure. Tony, Joshua and Rebecca Paschall went over and above our expectations in trying to make our anniversary dinner special. This is the best restaurant in Nashville, by far!Special Features:
- I expected more for the $$$$LoveagoodmealDined on 8/6/2014This was my first time eating at Kayne Prime and after the hype, I had high expectations. Service was great, they attended to our every need! Ordered a specialty cocktail that was great and the wine list had much to choose from. We had Ahi Tuna and raw Oysters as appetizers, would recommend the tuna although it was nothing exotic and the oysters were from British Columbia and were awful. Our sever recommended the progression of beef (3 choices of the best Wagu) and a whole fish presentation. Each entree was $60 and neither of us were impressed. The best part of dinner was the jalapeño creamed corn brûlée side which was amazing! Our bill with tip was $275 and for that and the average food, we will dine elsewhere in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceFranklinDined on 8/4/2014Food was wonderful, but the service left a lot to be desired. Would go again and hope for a better wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!MalcahshopDined on 8/3/2014Delicious food, servers very knowledgeable about menu and food preparation, trust their recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantTurtleburgDined on 8/2/2014My fiancee and I first visited Kayne Prime 3 years ago for our anniversary. We had read about it on a list of top restaurants in Nashville and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. Their wagyu filets are nothing short of divine. I'm thoroughly convinced the meat comes from unicorns or some other mythical creature. We have since been back every August for our anniversary. We are getting married next May, so I guess that means we'll have to go twice a year now. Shucks :-)Special Features:
- Just okaykrizzleDined on 8/2/2014We went here for my husband's 40th. I thought it was way overpriced and the service was very slow. There were 8 of us and they would not split the check which I thought was ridiculous. The food was pretty good but not worth the $$$.Special Features:
- HOOKED on KAYNEBobandChrisDined on 8/2/2014We live in TN 6 mos in the summer and have to have a Kayne Prime FIX at least once a month! The steaks are unbelievable! The sides are delicious and enough for sharing. We LOVE the Potato dish with 2 cheeses, creamy spinach, my husbands favorite salad is the WEDGE and mine is the Cesar. Bartenders are very knowledgeable and well trained. We prefer to eat in the bar because of the view and they open up the BIG VIEW windows for fresh air at night!Special Features: