1103 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kayneprime.com/
- Phone: 6152590050x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Dining Room Opens Daily at 5:00
Reservations highly recommended, Walk-ins welcome. If you are unable to find a reservation available, please contact us at 615-259-0050.
Bar is full service
Business and Business Casual Attire Only
No Shorts No Tank Tops No Hats No Flip Flops and/or Sandal Shoes on Gentlemen Please.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Grace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kayne Prime
Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline.Continued
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Kayne Prime - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Kayne Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)fit for foodies (167)hot spot (140)romantic (138)notable wine list (128)good for groups (107)vibrant bar scene (79)neighborhood gem (52)scenic view (39)late-night find (16)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Awesome Food..Elegant quite.....best steak house everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in NashvilleReadpatDined on 10/26/2014Unbelievable dining experience. Everything we ordered was exquisite. Steaks you can cut with a fork. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from TexasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014The cream corn brulee changed my life. Enough said...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014While the food was excellent and the service was as attentive as I would expect on a busy Saturday evening, being seated in a little room around the corner at the back of the dining room was disappointing. It felt too removed from the rest of the patrons and not part of a social atmosphere at all. The quality of the food will have me coming back at some point but I feel no rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but should have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Steak was amazing as was the kale salad. Corn crème brulee was too sweet for my taste, but my husband really liked it. The desserts were uninspired and limited in selection Service was good, but slowed down considerably once the restaurant got busy. We had trouble getting our check despite the fact that our waiter knew we had to leave by a certain time because we had tickets to an event. We will go back to give it another shot simply because the steak was so good. However, for the prices they charge, I would not have expected these problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/23/2014Once seated the service was excellent and loved Tony at the bar but the hostess service wasn't stellar. It took a long time to get our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been a 5 except for...UrbanYumDined on 10/23/2014My review would have been a 5 however, we waited 30 minutes past our reservation time because we were told "our table wasn't available yet". Understandable however we were finally sat in a room with 6 open tables. The hostesses were unapologetic and more concerned with prancing around and socializing. When our table was ready, we were treated as if we were a hassle to be seated. Just rude. Our server was AMAZING. And definitely made up for the poor FOH staff. Food and wine list was very good as well. We will be back, only we'll make our reservations 30 minutes earlier than when we actually want to sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceNdrounder08Dined on 10/23/2014They have some awesome menu items that are unique to Kayne which I haven't tasted at other steakhouses throughout the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kayne PrimePoppyforpopoversDined on 10/23/2014Cant go wrong with this restaurant. Make reservations. Sit at a booth in the bar. Order a martini with blue cheese olives, tuna appetizer and popovers! Everything on the menu is top shelf. #satisfiedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the splurgeTamiLDined on 10/21/2014My boyfriend and I went here to celebrate our 3 year anniversary, and boy were we glad we did. Aside from the outstanding service provided to us by Scott and his co-workers, the food was unbelievable. Scott was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful, and the whole service staff was incredibly attentive. I plan on going to visit Kayne Prime many more times in the future!Special Features:
- One year anniversaryimrichDined on 10/20/2014Ambiance is always one of a kind. Food and service is outstanding. It was a busy night and we requested to be moved to the booth in bar area which overlooks the beautiful downtown Nashville. Staff made it happen very quickly and made us feel very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique MenuRoadTravelerDined on 10/19/2014Don't miss the bacon and cotton candy appetizer! A sample of the unique menu that we found. It was our first visit to Kayne and it will not be the last. It's convenient to downtown hotels and the convention center.
- Great for special occasionsTrentDined on 10/19/2014Kayne Prime is an upscale steak house. It is not cheap, but you get what you pay for, as the food is outstanding. I highly recommend the duck tacos as an appetizer, as well as the au gratin potatoes as a side (maybe the best potato dish I've ever tasted). You cannot go wrong with any of their steaks, either.Special Features:
- great experienceSamuelDined on 10/18/2014We ran into some trouble with steaks not being prepared properly but they made it right. great place. I will return.Special Features:
- Pretty goodNashtituteVIPDined on 10/18/2014I really wanted to love Kayne Prime. I'd heard about it for so long from so many people - so maybe my expectations were way too high. The service was excellent and the menu was creative, maybe ambitious. They have a pork belly appetizer that's incredible. Overall though, the overall experience was very average for the price.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Although the food was very good, it could not make up for the inattentive service. Of note food-wise - good salads and well seasoned steaks. Desserts appeared to be an afterthought with a burnt apple gallette and some type of milk chocolate bar.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Was very excited to try this restaurant, unfortunately, having a culinary background, I was very underwhelmed. Menu is straight forward, dictated by the old school steakhouse. I was expecting the food to be elevated beyond what the menu described with interesting techniques and garnishings, but it was just very straight forward. Cocktail menu was appropriately inventive and creative, and the side dishes all sounded very creative and interesting. Service was impeccable however. Our server and his assistant went above and beyond and could answer any all questions we had. Wagyu steak was recommended to us, but having cooked thousands and thousands of steaks, I couldn't tell any difference. Overall good experience, but not worth the money to usSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencenewfanDined on 10/15/2014Dining at Kayne is a treat that I hope to enjoy again soon! The food was amazing, and the service was exceptional. Thank you for a great setting to entertain our favorite customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMudbugDined on 10/14/2014Read other reviews prior to visit. Was in Nashville as a stop over and was looking for a place within walking distance of the hotel. Met a friend who lives in Nashville who also had never been to Kanye. Overall a great experience. The food and service were wonderful. If I had a complaint it would be minor in that it was a little noisy in the bar. Not the restaurants fault. Some people forget they are not at home. Would definately go again when back in town.Special Features:
- Raising the bar on Nashville diningOurNewGoldStandardDined on 10/13/2014Just an outstanding experience that easily made our " all time " top 5 best of the best list for dining . We were in town on business and fate placed Kayne Prime on our schedule. We are a well traveled group and can appreciate such experiences as so enjoyed this past Monday evening. Our seating arrangement was perfect which provided us an excellent environment to wrap a little business into the evening. The service, food, wine, and overall atmosphere took care of the rest for us. Obviously a very impressionable experience and we can't wait to come back the next time any of us are in Nashville. Kayne Prime is our new gold standard! Our dining experience - " The way it should be "!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stormy birthday nightdgpjapDined on 10/13/2014Arrived in heavy thunderstorm; busy for a Columbus Day crowd. We all had filets which were cooked to perfection; sides were excellent. Could have done without the spicy rub on the steaks. Service was friendly, attentive but not obtrusive. Noise was more than we expected. Parking lot is not well suited for valet parking; small and competes too much with taxi traffic. Waiting for a valeted car requires everyone to queue down the same stairs other customers are using to enter the restaurant. The weather did not help this situation.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Everything about Kayne Prime was Phenomenal!! We will definitely be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We had an amazing dining experience at Kayne Prime! We had heard such great things about the food, but weren't expecting the wonderful service and beautiful ambience. We sat at a table in the bar area, and the view of Union Station was awesome! The weather outside was great, so they had the windows up and we loved the feel of the open air. We ordered cocktails that were delicious, and the bacon appetizer is a must. A friend of mine had recommended the duck tacos, and I wish we had tried those too. All of the steaks and sides were great. We argued about our favorites, but I think the potatoes gratin, corn and brussel srouts all tied for the best! I'm dying to go back. It would be a great place for just a drink and an appetizer at the bar.Special Features:
- Joy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014We had a group of six in for a convention. Our palettes were singing Joy!! The food & service were simply fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravelingDinerDined on 10/10/2014We were looking forward to a great dinner, traveling from out of town, spending two nights in Nashville... everything was great except the most expensive item from our dinner, my steak. It came out warm at best and extremely undercooked which I ordered medium. Our waiter did not follow up to check on us... eventually the manager came by where I told him of the error. He quickly returned my steak to perfection but it's hard to recover when you spend 10 minutes waiting for your waiter who never showed until after the fact. Great place, I assume our experience was a rarity.
- Wonderful ExperiencetheeaslingsDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 5th year anniversary. We chose Kayne Prime because of the reviews and the reviews were spot on. When they found out we were there for a special occassion, we were offered complimentary champagne. The food was just incredible. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. Full of flavor and utterly delightful. Our waiter really knew the menu well and made excellent suggestions. Superb service. We still can't stop talking about the delicious dinner. Thank you, Kayne Prime! You totally made our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering SteaksAflemingDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I love Kayne. We brought friends with us this past week and they absolutely loved it. We ordered a variety of sides and of course the bacon for appetizers and they loved everything that was put on the table. We always have a great experience when we dine at Kayne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kayne prime was awesome!JoeLDined on 10/9/2014We went here for my wife's birthday and had an unforgettable meal. The service was Greta and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy food, light flavor & servicepepperoniesDined on 10/9/2014Not impressed with the service or flavors after not eating at Kayne in 14 months. The latest time was a birthday celebration, party of two. The only good items were the Wagu flight and cocktails. Duck tacos and vegetarian entree were heavy with oils but almost flavorless. Brussel sprouts were partially-cooked and light on flavor, as well. Apple dessert was uncooked. Banana bread dessert and French fries were passable. Service was disjointed with our main server also tending a large group. The "co-waiter" seemed stressed. Politeness seemed forced by everyone except the gentleman serving water. For $250 with tax and tip, minus a comped apple dessert, I was disappointed. With many other steak houses around, we will not be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEwhtnVIPDined on 10/8/2014Another great meal at Kayne Prime. As always their steaks and sides blew us away. Very enjoyable mealSpecial Features:
- Perfect!SerratoDined on 10/5/2014Everything was perfect!!!! It was our anniversary and we told them when we got there and they really went above and beyondSpecial Features:
- disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Kayne Prime had a great atmosphere, lively bar area and an outstanding wine list, but this was by far the worst service I have ever had at any restaurant. The waiter was extremely condescending and made numerous insulting remarks throughout the evening to our group. It took 25 minutes after we were seated for our drink order to be taken. A few of the steaks were overcooked and the creamed spinach was not great but everything else we ordered was satisfactory. I would have given this restaurant a better rating had the service been, at the very least, moderate.Special Features:
- As usual....CritterDined on 10/4/2014Our dining experience was as expected - awesome! Kayne Prime never lets us down.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerSc0ttDined on 10/2/2014We have dined at Kayne Prime twice and both experiences have been wonderful. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The food is amazing and always prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kayne Prime is a real treatJimPDined on 10/1/2014Kayne Prime puts a modern twist on the traditional steakhouse. The menu still centers on beef and the cuts are all well prepared, but Kayne Prime differentiated itself by offering dishes like a bacon/cotton candy appetizer; a slab of smoked pork belly served with maple sugar cotton candy to give you that bacon/maple syrup experience. And then there was cream corn brulee; creamed corn covered with a crust of sugar, fired just like creme brulee. A bit sweet, but still a pleasant and surprising addition to a plate generally covered with beef. The wines are very good, but overpriced, and the deserts were also very good, though not the standouts for the night. With two glasses of wine each, the tab came to $100 per person, before the tip.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I planned a repeat birthday celebration for my family at Kayne Prime. I had multiple reminder calls from multiple people who assured me they had the requests and details for my reservation. Even though they called me 4 - 5 times, none of the details were followed. The drink orders were wrong and the chardonnay by-the-glass choices were very limited and request for second glass of wine never fulfilled. Even though the food was excellent, the service was not. I had hoped to make this a tradition, but I need to find a new spot.
- Amazing first anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014My husband and I decided to try Kayne for our first anniversary dinner. Everything was amazing. Jimmy, our server had great recommendations and was very attentive. All four courses were amazing, especially the house made bacon appetizer. Another server stopped by to wish us a happy anniversary. I believe he said his name was Tristan. Both servers were amazing, as was every course. Highly recommending this to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!caligirlDined on 9/30/2014I took my business project team here for dinner and we all had an amazing experience. Not to be missed is the homemade bacon appetizer with cotton candy. Simply melt in your mouth delicious. The Waygu beef is just beyond delicious and the prices were not outrageous. We shared a number of sides including the cream corn brulee, baby brussel sprouts, pepperoni and mushrooms, risotto tater tots, and the black kale. There was more than enough to feed my group of 8 and we all left feeling full and satisfied. Definitely will make another trip here!Special Features:
- Worth the HypeDKofTNDined on 9/28/2014Returned after many months - need to make sure we go more often. Bar is awesome - the view, drinks and service. Party of 4, got seated in front section. Right under speaker, could not hear each other - quickly got it turned down. Food incredible - duck tacos and tuna on sushi rice - wanted MORE! Then shared heirloom tomatoes w/ fresh mozzarella - so that's what tomatoes are supposed to taste like. Mains: Waygu filet with corn brûlée, Brussels sprouts and Mac and cheese - more than enough and taste buds so happy. Definitely ate our veggies! Enough for lunch leftovers (not the meat - all gone, tender & tasty). Dessert: Eton mess & peach crostini - not a drop left. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everYummy123Dined on 9/27/2014I loved this place. I am a meat lover and this steak (filet)was amazing! My bf wasn't as pleased because they brought it out a little cold and they reheated a little but that didn't help much. They offered us to remake it but we passed. I still thought it was one of the best filets I've had. The corn is amazing and so it the simple peach salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.