1103 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kayneprime.com/
- Phone: 6152590050x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Dining Room Opens Daily at 5:00
Reservations highly recommended, Walk-ins welcome. If you are unable to find a reservation available, please contact us at 615-259-0050.
Bar is full service
Business and Business Casual Attire Only
No Shorts No Tank Tops No Hats No Flip Flops and/or Sandal Shoes on Gentlemen Please.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Grace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kayne Prime
Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline.Continued
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kayne Prime - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Kayne Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (238)fit for foodies (169)romantic (149)notable wine list (128)hot spot (125)good for groups (95)vibrant bar scene (65)neighborhood gem (52)scenic view (31)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Fantastic in every waymaestDined on 9/18/2014Perfect restaurant, food and staff. Had we stayed longer in Nashville I would have dined here more than once. Loved the wagu tartare, spinach with fried egg, bone in filet. Great wine list. We asked for a booth and were accommodated for just the 2 of us. Booths in the bar were also very cool. Staff was professional and attentive. Love it!Special Features:
- Had a Kayne ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Too loud to talk at a table for 4 or 6. 2 1/2 hours and we didn't have salads or dessert was too long. The price was high but I don't feel like we were ripped off. The open air bar was impressive along with the Gulch Life. I was very proud to host a dinner for out of town visitors for Orlando and St. Louis and their experience of the Gulch was over and above. Everything food wise was good but the beef was awesome. Kayne does Nashville Proud!Special Features:
- Best meal of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Incredible. Expensive yes, but they put on a great show, fantastic service, delicious food. These people really care about giving you a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Kayne Prime!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Kayne Prime for my birthday. The bartender while we waited was fabulous, and we sat enjoying our time in front of the open windows, with perfect weather outside. We then moved to our table on the opposite side of the restaurant, also near the open windows. Our servers were delightful but also allowed us time to just enjoy our conversation. The food was fabulous! Get the cotton candy bacon appetizer! Our entrees were incredible, with our steaks cooked to perfection (get the brussel sprouts!!) Since it was my birthday, the server asked if he could bring a surprise dessert. He chose Eaton Mess for us, which was scrumptious. I had never had it before, but I knew that it was a favorite of Prince William. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- mitchDined on 9/13/2014Better than even expected. I have been to many steakhouses throughout the US and this one ranks in the top 2 or 3. The Wagu Filet was outstanding and up there with the top NY steakhouses. We were in town for the Titans v Cowboys game and truly appreciated the food, service and ambience. The side dishes were great especially Crème Brulet Corn. The desserts were also top shelf, including the banana bread It is an absolute must when you are in town. We strongly recommend it.Special Features:
- Janlea62Dined on 9/13/2014We loved the ambience, food and wine. Had great service and was every bit as wonderful as we had been told it was by friends who had dined there. Did not know if we would care for the Cotton Candy/Bacon appetizer but tried it and absolutely loved it!! The Wagyu Filets were delicious as well as the Cream Corn Brulee and Potatoes Au Gratin! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealThomasDined on 9/7/2014I've been to alot of great Steakhouses throughout the Southeast, but this was by far the best meal i have had to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood lover in steak houseFabulousVIPDined on 9/7/2014Kayne has a very good selection of seafood. We started with oysters even though were little hesitant in landlock city. We liked them so much that got a second order. We shared a branzino for dinner and it was delicious. The roasted root vegetables were completly different than we have ever had. Chef knows how to play with spices. We are wine snobs and found a good French wine. Dinner and service were good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole Miss Fans Celebrate VictoryMississippiFamilyDined on 9/6/2014No better place to celebrate a big win than Kayne. Voted top 5 meals of all time by everyone at the table.Special Features:
- DisappointedknottjtVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Kayne Prime to celebrate and anniversary and expected more than was delivered. The dress code is business casual, but all the waiters were in jeans. More importantly, the food was a disappointment. The recommended Housemade Bacon appetizer was ok, but cotton candy on top resulted in it being hard to eat. For entrees, my wile had the roasted lobster ($89), which was good, but dry. I had the Wagyu filet which was cooked with a spicy rub on top. It was very tender, but other than the rub, was tasteless. For sides, the Potato Aligot (scalloped potatoes) were very good while the Cream Corn Brulee was really to die for. We had a peach cobbler type dessert, very good. Overall, a nice experience, but disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Very enjoyable as expected. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014What a perfect restaurant to have girls night. The food was out of this world and the service couldn't have been better! I can't wait to come back. Thanks Kayne Prime!Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Kayne Prime is an outstanding restaurant for a special occasion. The service is elegant yet friendly. The food is creative yet traditional and delicious. 5 stars.Special Features:
- Excellent - lives up to reputationYesIwillVIPDined on 9/4/2014This was a fantastic dining experience. I'm always nervous about restaurants living up to such high expectations set by reviews, but they carry it off by working for it, not resting on laurels. I was dining solo, and expecting to be lost amongst all the power groups there that night. Far from it - I was treated like a king to the point of the general manager chatting me up, which was great fun as I was alone. He's a great guy. All staff were pro. Recommendations were perfect. Food was exceptional, and - if I dare - the steak was the best I've ever had. I'm from Atlanta, and that includes Bones. I don't mind these price points as long as the food lives up to it, and it does. Oh - one more thing: try the banana nut bread dessert. Trust me.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I dined here this week for his birthday. We were seated in a great booth overlooking the bar area. Our server was so polite and attentive. We would definitely go back, the duck confit tacos were incredible as was the corvine and potato aligot. Kayne Prime was a great place to take someone for a special occasion. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Nashville!BobandChrisDined on 9/2/2014The Wagu steak is so tasteful and tender. Our Cesar and Wedge salads were crisp and fresh. The Scalloped potatoes were creamy and cheesy full of flavor. The bread that is similar to Yorkshire pudding does not need butter, as it is perfect by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother.PickypickyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Their target market seems to be unwary tourists and a non discriminating younger crowd. Wine by the glass ordinary (selected by a salesman, not a sommiler?) and all wines waay overpriced. Hyped steaks not worth the up charge. Sides good, not über good. Many more places in Nashville that you can get a better dinner, better wine and not break the bank. We will avoid this one. ..you should too.Special Features:
- Not impressednegativ5nellyDined on 9/2/2014I heard people talk about the quality of meat offerings and they were exactly right. I tried the progression of NY strip which was interesting but pricey at $59 plus three sauces for $8. What they failed to mention was the lack of ambiance at this restaurant. The atmosphere is kind of like going to a sleazy hotel restaurant full of overweight traveling business men eating on the company's expense account. It's like being transported from charming Nashville to soulless Houston just by walking thru the front door. It's definitely a place for older people (40+). Also the staff is so overly attentive it's frankly annoying, example water glass filled every time less than 70% full interrupting conversation over and over...just bothersome.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceDJohnDined on 9/1/2014From the moment you walk in the door the service is perfect. We had a reservation and were promptly sat. The waiter walked us through the menu to carefully describe the options and then allowed us time to make selections. The food was brought to the table in a great sequence that was perfectly timed and didn't feel rushed. If it's a special occasion let them know and they will do something special for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, but noisykmondesireDined on 8/31/2014The food was really wonderful and the service couldn't be better. The acoustics could be better as there were loud people at a table across the room and we could hear the entire conversation at that table. Overall, it was a really great experience, but there's nothing you can do about noisy diners who are oblivious to those around them.Special Features:
- Best meal of the weekendhappydinerDined on 8/31/2014Our meal was one of a kind, the filet was cooked to perfection and had a wonderful taste that melted in your mouth. The appetizer we had was the bacon with maple syrup cotton candy was quite unique and worth the price. The two sides we ordered were delicious and plenty of the two of us to share. We were too stuffed to order dessert, so not sure how those were, but the meal left us full and quite satisfied. I would highly recommend Kayne Prime to anyone who goes to Nashville. The staff and our waiter were top notch and made our dinner experience a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experience!5OttawaGirlsDined on 8/31/2014Food and service are truly extraordinary... Every person that served our group made the experience a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatCriticalcritterDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Kayne started off at the bar. We waited for roughly ten minutes at the bar, which wasn't particularly busy. Several bar tenders were available but none ever asked us if we wanted something to drink. Eventually the hostess showed us to our table (before we were able to place an drink order at the bar). Once at our dining booth, we found the waiter to be exceptional. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, checked on our table frequently, and had great personality. He was friendly, but succinct and didn't shy away from making recommendations based on our tastes. The steak was amazing, but the sides lacked sufficient seasoning and therefore lacked direction and had no X factor. This restaurant is good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse everBeccalovestoeatDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect from start to finish. All of the staff were friendly, our waiter, ask for Guy, was very knowledgeable and thorough. Just the right amount of attention, and the food was out of this world. By far the best steak and I thought I had had the best. Amazing!! Great celebration spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Ever!BellaDined on 8/29/2014Since I am from Chicago, I have dined at some great steak restaurants. Kayne blew ours out of the water though! The wagyu filet is by far the best cooked meat I have ever had! Everything is flavored perfectly, and the side dishes are to die for! Creamed spinach, macaroni with jalapenos/bacon, and the mashed potatoes were amazing. AND THE BREAD - Can't even describe the buttery/garlic crisp the bread had. Out of this world! Hope to come back one day again!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Best dinner we have had in Nashville. We celebrated our anniversary. We will be back.Special Features:
- Duck Tacos Best Ever!!!JanaDined on 8/29/2014Always a great experience here! Nashville has many great restaurants, but this is always my go to for a special occasion. Never had a bad thing on the menu!Special Features:
- Perfect 30th Birthday Splurgejenmcd13Dined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation via OpenTable for my husband's 30th birthday dinner. Everyone who greeted/served us told him happy birthday, even one server who was simply walking by. Our server, Robert, was the perfect mix of talkative, informative, personable, kind, funny. His engaging personality and ease of conversation is one of the biggest reasons we enjoyed our visit so much. We ordered: Housemade Bacon with Maple Cotton Candy, Wagyu filet, Scottish Salmon, Potato Aligot, & Baby Brussel Sprouts. For dessert, Robert brought us an "on the house" milk chocolate cremoso topped with dulce de leche, peanuts and sea salt. It was perfect. The whole night was perfect. We had a great evening at Kanye Prime and would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, terrible serviceEatingInNashvilleDined on 8/25/2014It's worth going to at least once. The food is interesting and delicious. But the service is just terrible and ruins the entire experience for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014We chose Kayne Prime for a birthday dinner and were pleased with our choice. The food was very good-- the filet melted like butter. I definitely recommend the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- best dining ever great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Have eaten at very nice restaurants Kahne is the bestSpecial Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014the food, service, and experience is great. only improvement needed would be on appetizers; although warned, the portions are small for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 yearFoodbitsDined on 8/23/2014We dined at Kayne Prime for our 1 year anniversary & was blown away by the food & service. Highly recommend Kayne Prime. We can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime food!nadeca06Dined on 8/23/2014Dinner was excellent and the service was outstanding. The cheese platter and bacon topped with cotton candy is a must. One of the waiters brought us a copy of the cheese list as well as the block of cheese and informed us that it was one of the chef's favorite cheeses. Needless to say, it was ours as well. The accompaniments were just as good, including the date cake and toasted bread tips. The sampler/flight of beef was spectacular - quality was amazing! Unfortunately, we couldn't fit the dessert, but there was plenty of eye-candy for the ladies! Gorgeous restaurant and staff and delicious food. Thanks for a wonderful evening, Kayne. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Everything I expected and morePrinceofPinotDined on 8/22/2014Kayne Prime is a must if you are looking for an upscale dining experience in Nashville. Small bar, but very nice. Tables and booths good for small, intimate dinners or dining our with friends or clients. The service was 5 star, but the food stole the show (as it should). House made bacon with maple infused cotton candy appetizer - there is a reason why using bacon on Food Channel cooking competition shows is frowned upon - because it's wonderful!!! Don't leave without trying it. Black kale salad - whatever you think of kale, think again after you've tried this. It's not a life changing experience, but it's also not far from it. For a real treat, have the wagyu progressive. Unbelievable, melt in your mouth experience. Overall, 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceSpurlsaDined on 8/22/2014This is our second time dining at Kayne Prime. Great atmosphere and amazing food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in NashvilleNashvilleFoodieDined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant and It will not be my last. Hands down the best food in Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Streak in NashvilleWaguyDined on 8/19/2014The food was absolutely phenomenal, our steaks were cooked perfect. This was the best steak I've had in nashville. Everything exceeded expectations. We will def be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchCmdrgDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent. Service was timely and all staff including management were very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Top FlightBethesdaM1keDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night. The restaurant was packed. We had a wonderful steak meal, although my wife's filet was undercooked. We switched filets. The steaks and sides were delicious. The manager offered complimentary desserts to make up for the steak issue. The service was excellent.Special Features: