1103 McGavock Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.kayneprime.com/
- Phone: 6152590050x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar and Dining Room Opens Daily at 5:00
Reservations highly recommended, Walk-ins welcome. If you are unable to find a reservation available, please contact us at 615-259-0050.
Bar is full service
Business and Business Casual Attire Only
No Shorts No Tank Tops No Hats No Flip Flops and/or Sandal Shoes on Gentlemen Please.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Robert Grace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Kayne Prime
Kayne Prime is the artful fusion of a chef-chic boutique restaurant, with the great American steakhouse. Progressive in every sense – cuisine, wine & mixology, stylish design – Kayne Prime is the modern evolution of the classic upscale steakhouse. Market-driven, farm-to-table creations.. sophisticated cocktails.. an exceptional wine list.. award-winning steaks - all set in a “rustic–modern”, “Best Design” interior that features a sleek study of woods, rich leathers, and walls of reclaimed railroad ties, with breathtaking views that highlight the historic train yards, Union Station, and the downtown Nashville skyline.Continued
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Every great city has its own best. Nashville’s best is Kayne Prime.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kayne Prime - Best Restaurants in The Gulch ›
Kayne Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (238)fit for foodies (172)romantic (147)hot spot (132)notable wine list (128)good for groups (98)vibrant bar scene (67)neighborhood gem (49)scenic view (37)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Worth the HypeDKofTNDined on 9/28/2014Returned after many months - need to make sure we go more often. Bar is awesome - the view, drinks and service. Party of 4, got seated in front section. Right under speaker, could not hear each other - quickly got it turned down. Food incredible - duck tacos and tuna on sushi rice - wanted MORE! Then shared heirloom tomatoes w/ fresh mozzarella - so that's what tomatoes are supposed to taste like. Mains: Waygu filet with corn brûlée, Brussels sprouts and Mac and cheese - more than enough and taste buds so happy. Definitely ate our veggies! Enough for lunch leftovers (not the meat - all gone, tender & tasty). Dessert: Eton mess & peach crostini - not a drop left. Loved it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food we loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014The waguy steak was amazing and the wedge salad is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was poor. Had ribeye that all you could taste was char and the wagau stop that was tough and flavorless. While the sides sound interesting and good they are lousy as well. Very disappointed. Very disappointed. Service was excellent by our server. Not so much the manage who made us feel like we were wrong for sending back an overbooked steak.Special Features:
- WonderfulMThompsonDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I visited Kayne Prime for the first time this past week. We spent a pretty penny but it was worth every bit of it. We have already recommended it to all of our friends and are looking for any excuse to go back. The service team was lovely from the host, to our server assistant Erin and our server. They took their time and recommended wines and dished that paired well with our pallets and price range. I can't remember ever having a steak melt in my mouth like their wagyu filet. They cook is sous vide style then throw it in a hot pan for a quick and delicious sear. My mouth is watering thinking about it. :) If you're thinking about trying Kayne Prime, do it, just go, right now. You will absolutely not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Beautiful nightlovemyfoodDined on 9/25/2014We took our daughter and some of her college friends here to celebrate her birthday while we were visiting. It was a spectacular night. Everything was so delicious, and presented beautifully. All of us had steaks, and there wasn't a morsel left on anyone's plate. We shared the sides and each one was magnificent. Expensive, but worth every penny!Special Features:
- First rate on all countsWearyTravelerDined on 9/21/2014The service was prompt, friendly and very informative, excellent steaks, creative and delicious spin on some traditional sides (such as risotto tots, or jalapeno creamed corn brulee), dessert was also excellent, everything right down to the popover rolls. High quality, great execution, great service. We had a great meal and a great time and found no nits to pick.Special Features:
- Best steak E-V-E-R!SadWhenMealEndsDined on 9/19/2014I've been fortunate to have been able to try many steaks around the country. There haven't been any that match the flavor, texture and perfection that was achieved with the Waygu filet that Kayne serves. The drinks were good, the service was good (bordering on great), but the food was the real star. Even the sides were spectacular. Yes, it's not cheap, but it is certainly worth the price. I would rank my steak above the Stockyard, which I have also visited (although it was quite tasty, too)!Special Features:
- Good food and service.RebeccaDined on 9/18/2014We went to Kanye Prime for a bachelorette party. At first our waiter was rude and annoyed by us. Once we complained and received a new server, everything was great. The restaurant comped our dessert and a round of shots. The bread is out of this world. Also love the mac and cheese. Steaks were good, not great. Although we live in Chicago so there really is no comparison between our steak houses and others. Would definitely recommend Kanye Prime if you are with a group that is willing to spend some money.Special Features:
- Fantastic in every waymaestDined on 9/18/2014Perfect restaurant, food and staff. Had we stayed longer in Nashville I would have dined here more than once. Loved the wagu tartare, spinach with fried egg, bone in filet. Great wine list. We asked for a booth and were accommodated for just the 2 of us. Booths in the bar were also very cool. Staff was professional and attentive. Love it!Special Features:
- Had a Kayne ExperienceCmacDined on 9/17/2014Too loud to talk at a table for 4 or 6. 2 1/2 hours and we didn't have salads or dessert was too long. The price was high but I don't feel like we were ripped off. The open air bar was impressive along with the Gulch Life. I was very proud to host a dinner for out of town visitors for Orlando and St. Louis and their experience of the Gulch was over and above. Everything food wise was good but the beef was awesome. Kayne does Nashville Proud!Special Features:
- Best meal of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Incredible. Expensive yes, but they put on a great show, fantastic service, delicious food. These people really care about giving you a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Kayne Prime!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We went to Kayne Prime for my birthday. The bartender while we waited was fabulous, and we sat enjoying our time in front of the open windows, with perfect weather outside. We then moved to our table on the opposite side of the restaurant, also near the open windows. Our servers were delightful but also allowed us time to just enjoy our conversation. The food was fabulous! Get the cotton candy bacon appetizer! Our entrees were incredible, with our steaks cooked to perfection (get the brussel sprouts!!) Since it was my birthday, the server asked if he could bring a surprise dessert. He chose Eaton Mess for us, which was scrumptious. I had never had it before, but I knew that it was a favorite of Prince William. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- mitchDined on 9/13/2014Better than even expected. I have been to many steakhouses throughout the US and this one ranks in the top 2 or 3. The Wagu Filet was outstanding and up there with the top NY steakhouses. We were in town for the Titans v Cowboys game and truly appreciated the food, service and ambience. The side dishes were great especially Crème Brulet Corn. The desserts were also top shelf, including the banana bread It is an absolute must when you are in town. We strongly recommend it.Special Features:
- Janlea62Dined on 9/13/2014We loved the ambience, food and wine. Had great service and was every bit as wonderful as we had been told it was by friends who had dined there. Did not know if we would care for the Cotton Candy/Bacon appetizer but tried it and absolutely loved it!! The Wagyu Filets were delicious as well as the Cream Corn Brulee and Potatoes Au Gratin! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealThomasDined on 9/7/2014I've been to alot of great Steakhouses throughout the Southeast, but this was by far the best meal i have had to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood lover in steak houseFabulousVIPDined on 9/7/2014Kayne has a very good selection of seafood. We started with oysters even though were little hesitant in landlock city. We liked them so much that got a second order. We shared a branzino for dinner and it was delicious. The roasted root vegetables were completly different than we have ever had. Chef knows how to play with spices. We are wine snobs and found a good French wine. Dinner and service were good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion spotTomPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I dined at Kayne Prime for our anniversary. We had the wagyu filets with a side of creamed spinach. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the spinach was delicious. They have an extensive wine list for every price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole Miss Fans Celebrate VictoryMississippiFamilyDined on 9/6/2014No better place to celebrate a big win than Kayne. Voted top 5 meals of all time by everyone at the table.Special Features:
- DisappointedknottjtVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Kayne Prime to celebrate and anniversary and expected more than was delivered. The dress code is business casual, but all the waiters were in jeans. More importantly, the food was a disappointment. The recommended Housemade Bacon appetizer was ok, but cotton candy on top resulted in it being hard to eat. For entrees, my wile had the roasted lobster ($89), which was good, but dry. I had the Wagyu filet which was cooked with a spicy rub on top. It was very tender, but other than the rub, was tasteless. For sides, the Potato Aligot (scalloped potatoes) were very good while the Cream Corn Brulee was really to die for. We had a peach cobbler type dessert, very good. Overall, a nice experience, but disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Very enjoyable as expected. Look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014What a perfect restaurant to have girls night. The food was out of this world and the service couldn't have been better! I can't wait to come back. Thanks Kayne Prime!Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Kayne Prime is an outstanding restaurant for a special occasion. The service is elegant yet friendly. The food is creative yet traditional and delicious. 5 stars.Special Features:
- Excellent - lives up to reputationYesIwillVIPDined on 9/4/2014This was a fantastic dining experience. I'm always nervous about restaurants living up to such high expectations set by reviews, but they carry it off by working for it, not resting on laurels. I was dining solo, and expecting to be lost amongst all the power groups there that night. Far from it - I was treated like a king to the point of the general manager chatting me up, which was great fun as I was alone. He's a great guy. All staff were pro. Recommendations were perfect. Food was exceptional, and - if I dare - the steak was the best I've ever had. I'm from Atlanta, and that includes Bones. I don't mind these price points as long as the food lives up to it, and it does. Oh - one more thing: try the banana nut bread dessert. Trust me.
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014My boyfriend and I dined here this week for his birthday. We were seated in a great booth overlooking the bar area. Our server was so polite and attentive. We would definitely go back, the duck confit tacos were incredible as was the corvine and potato aligot. Kayne Prime was a great place to take someone for a special occasion. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Nashville!BobandChrisDined on 9/2/2014The Wagu steak is so tasteful and tender. Our Cesar and Wedge salads were crisp and fresh. The Scalloped potatoes were creamy and cheesy full of flavor. The bread that is similar to Yorkshire pudding does not need butter, as it is perfect by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother.PickypickyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Their target market seems to be unwary tourists and a non discriminating younger crowd. Wine by the glass ordinary (selected by a salesman, not a sommiler?) and all wines waay overpriced. Hyped steaks not worth the up charge. Sides good, not über good. Many more places in Nashville that you can get a better dinner, better wine and not break the bank. We will avoid this one. ..you should too.Special Features:
- Not impressednegativ5nellyDined on 9/2/2014I heard people talk about the quality of meat offerings and they were exactly right. I tried the progression of NY strip which was interesting but pricey at $59 plus three sauces for $8. What they failed to mention was the lack of ambiance at this restaurant. The atmosphere is kind of like going to a sleazy hotel restaurant full of overweight traveling business men eating on the company's expense account. It's like being transported from charming Nashville to soulless Houston just by walking thru the front door. It's definitely a place for older people (40+). Also the staff is so overly attentive it's frankly annoying, example water glass filled every time less than 70% full interrupting conversation over and over...just bothersome.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceDJohnDined on 9/1/2014From the moment you walk in the door the service is perfect. We had a reservation and were promptly sat. The waiter walked us through the menu to carefully describe the options and then allowed us time to make selections. The food was brought to the table in a great sequence that was perfectly timed and didn't feel rushed. If it's a special occasion let them know and they will do something special for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, but noisykmondesireDined on 8/31/2014The food was really wonderful and the service couldn't be better. The acoustics could be better as there were loud people at a table across the room and we could hear the entire conversation at that table. Overall, it was a really great experience, but there's nothing you can do about noisy diners who are oblivious to those around them.Special Features:
- Best meal of the weekendhappydinerDined on 8/31/2014Our meal was one of a kind, the filet was cooked to perfection and had a wonderful taste that melted in your mouth. The appetizer we had was the bacon with maple syrup cotton candy was quite unique and worth the price. The two sides we ordered were delicious and plenty of the two of us to share. We were too stuffed to order dessert, so not sure how those were, but the meal left us full and quite satisfied. I would highly recommend Kayne Prime to anyone who goes to Nashville. The staff and our waiter were top notch and made our dinner experience a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experience!5OttawaGirlsDined on 8/31/2014Food and service are truly extraordinary... Every person that served our group made the experience a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatCriticalcritterDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Kayne started off at the bar. We waited for roughly ten minutes at the bar, which wasn't particularly busy. Several bar tenders were available but none ever asked us if we wanted something to drink. Eventually the hostess showed us to our table (before we were able to place an drink order at the bar). Once at our dining booth, we found the waiter to be exceptional. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, checked on our table frequently, and had great personality. He was friendly, but succinct and didn't shy away from making recommendations based on our tastes. The steak was amazing, but the sides lacked sufficient seasoning and therefore lacked direction and had no X factor. This restaurant is good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse everBeccalovestoeatDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect from start to finish. All of the staff were friendly, our waiter, ask for Guy, was very knowledgeable and thorough. Just the right amount of attention, and the food was out of this world. By far the best steak and I thought I had had the best. Amazing!! Great celebration spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet Ever!BellaDined on 8/29/2014Since I am from Chicago, I have dined at some great steak restaurants. Kayne blew ours out of the water though! The wagyu filet is by far the best cooked meat I have ever had! Everything is flavored perfectly, and the side dishes are to die for! Creamed spinach, macaroni with jalapenos/bacon, and the mashed potatoes were amazing. AND THE BREAD - Can't even describe the buttery/garlic crisp the bread had. Out of this world! Hope to come back one day again!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Best dinner we have had in Nashville. We celebrated our anniversary. We will be back.Special Features:
- Duck Tacos Best Ever!!!JanaDined on 8/29/2014Always a great experience here! Nashville has many great restaurants, but this is always my go to for a special occasion. Never had a bad thing on the menu!Special Features:
- Perfect 30th Birthday Splurgejenmcd13Dined on 8/28/2014Made a reservation via OpenTable for my husband's 30th birthday dinner. Everyone who greeted/served us told him happy birthday, even one server who was simply walking by. Our server, Robert, was the perfect mix of talkative, informative, personable, kind, funny. His engaging personality and ease of conversation is one of the biggest reasons we enjoyed our visit so much. We ordered: Housemade Bacon with Maple Cotton Candy, Wagyu filet, Scottish Salmon, Potato Aligot, & Baby Brussel Sprouts. For dessert, Robert brought us an "on the house" milk chocolate cremoso topped with dulce de leche, peanuts and sea salt. It was perfect. The whole night was perfect. We had a great evening at Kanye Prime and would recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, terrible serviceEatingInNashvilleDined on 8/25/2014It's worth going to at least once. The food is interesting and delicious. But the service is just terrible and ruins the entire experience for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014We chose Kayne Prime for a birthday dinner and were pleased with our choice. The food was very good-- the filet melted like butter. I definitely recommend the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- best dining ever great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Have eaten at very nice restaurants Kahne is the bestSpecial Features: