Kauai Pasta Kauai
4-939B Kuhio Hwy.
Kapaa, HI 96746Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Kauai Pasta Kauai
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kauaipasta.com/
- Phone: 8088227447
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sun 11am-5pm
Dinner: Mon-Sun 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Aguinaldo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether your event is formal or casual, Kauai Cuisine will make sure your dining experience is unforgettable. With our specialized catering service, we can cater your private event at almost any location on Kauai. Everything from weddings to corporate events to private beachside dinners for two, our team of professional chefs and event planners are available to help you put together a dining event that your guests will be talking about for years to come. Contact Kauai Cuisine for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Kauai Pasta Kauai
At Kauai Pasta, we take great pride in our food. We believe that food tastes best when it"s made fresh using only the finest quality ingredients. All of our sauces, dressings and desserts are made daily in our kitchens. When creating Kauai Pasta, we set out to establish a restaurant that people could dine at more than just once in a while. We did this by crafting a menu that was both affordable and diverse, offering everything from simple pasta dishes to extravagant steak entrees created by our team of talented chefs. On this site you will find the most current menus for both locations as well as a wine list with some of the most delectable varietals available. Be sure to check back soon, as we update our menus seasonally with new entree selections. In addition, we offer holiday menus and special wine pairing dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Kauai Pasta Kauai - Best Restaurants in Kapaa ›
Kauai Pasta Kauai reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (15)great for lunch (15)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)romantic (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Kapaa restaurantSafetyexpertDined on 8/23/2014Incredible place to enjoy Italian food. Eat at the Kapaa restaurant as opposed to the Lihue (more casual and frequented by mostly tourist). Calamari is out of this world. Also, try the eggplant parmesan with pesto.
- Inexpensive Pasta Delightdstump2Dined on 8/21/2014Sometimes after you've been on travel for a few weeks you just want to avoid the high priced, fancy restaurants with romantic ambiance and picturesque views and just want to kick back with a nothing fancy place with good food. This is that place. When I passed it while driving it looked like a laundramat but we tried it anyway. The inside was much nicer than its outward appearance with nice decor, paintings and prints of Italy on the wall and two dining rooms. I had Chicken Parm with a side of pasta and a glass of red Tuscany wine. My wife had a chicken in pesto with fedacinni alfredo. Both dishes were very good as was the service. Again not overly fancy but a nice, friendly, local spot with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmrf76fd52Dined on 8/20/2014The lasagna was edible, the " extra cost for meat sauce " wasn't worth it.. dessert was very good .. have the crème brulee .. wine list acceptable for neophytes
- Great FoodantwonwDined on 8/14/2014Fantastic food. Great service. They were like on top of everything. Great little place. The Pesto Pasta was really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Pasta was amazing!JeanneVIPDined on 7/30/2014Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love Kauai Pasta. Specifically the one in Kapaa. Last night, I decided to splurge and ordered the Seafood Pasta, along with the Truffle Fries with garlic butter (always order that!). I LOVED the seafood pasta, wished there had been just a tad more pasta since there was a generous amount of seafood. Adam was our server, he's the best they have and that includes both locations!Special Features:
- Pretty averageGolfSierraDined on 7/24/2014We went there with a large group of adults and children. We were a bit concerned that we would get done in time as some were flying out later that evening, but the service was very good and the food arrived promptly. We had Caesar salad with our meal, and forgot to ask for the dressing on the side. The salad was drenched in dressing; I could eat it but my wife couldn't, but worst of all it was at room temperature. The chicken in the dish I had was not hot all the way through. With the wide range of mixed reviews and our own experience, I can't give more than an Average rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!Sweet1Dined on 7/16/2014This was our second time to Kauai Pasta. The service was great & the food for all six of us was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in Kauai? Skip ItMcGeeSmithDined on 7/14/2014We drove 35 minutes from our hotel to this restaurant - it was not worth our time. All the food was over-salted and no better than what would be available at a mediocre pizza restaurant. Service was OK but not great - waitress made a mistake on 2 of 4 appetizers and didn't apologize nor explain that the wait for the correct dishes would be lengthy.
- Over ratedWeluv2eatoutDined on 7/7/2014Everything was average at best. Service was quick, but too quick as we received main meal before we could eat our appetizers. The calamari was very good. Eggplant not so good.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!!HossDined on 7/6/2014Our Family of 5 of which consist of 3 boys ages 15, 10, and 8 spent 3 weeks in Kauai we ate at several different restaurants and took a risk based on Yelp reviews to give this place a try. We loved it!!! The food was great the prices were fair had we tried it earlier in our visit we probably would have gone back two or three more times. We plan on going back in 2016 and this will be one of two of the 1st restaurants we go to.Special Features:
- Eat in the loungeCDWHHSDined on 7/1/2014The front of the restaurant is more family oriented. The lounge is great for couples.Special Features:
- Nice evening, good food.SnrklmnDined on 7/1/2014One of our regular dining spots when on Kauai. Good food, great service. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment..PezzDined on 6/29/2014We were visiting from hilo and the place was recommended by a friend. Grouchy and inattentive staff, mediocre food. Ridiculous prices for mediocrity. Go to Poipu. It's worth the drive. We had the ribeye and eggplant parmesian. Both were disappointing. And the staff didn't seem to care if we liked the food or not. They seemed kind of annoyed even though we were very nice to them
- nhfoodieVIPDined on 6/23/2014The worst food we've had at a restaurant that I can remember. Don't bother.
- Everything is DELICIOUS!!!LuvGod808Dined on 6/17/2014Had dinner there last night, had the filet mignon loco moco-OMG...AMAZING!!! YUMMMM!!! And, the ribeye is always to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and serviceATXtravelerDined on 6/4/2014Every pasta entree we ordered was drowning in cheese. The pesto chicken was extremely dry and the fettuccine pasta side was not cooked properly and was like chewing rubber. While the salad starters were very good and the balsamic dressing was excellent I will not try it again.
- First date :)TheHaoleGirlfriendDined on 6/2/2014Great service from the moment we stepped inside :) The mr. Can be a tough crowd to please, but with truffle parmesan fries, spinach salad and the sampler Pasta...it's impossible to leave unsatisfied :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Not bad but probably wouldn't go back. Service was good but food was only medicore - lasagna was too salty.
- Good ItalianLuvgourmetfoodDined on 5/30/2014We always make this one of our stops while on vacation in Kauai. The food is always good, this time we tried the truffle fries which were great, the pesto pasta could have had more flavor but that could be because I am used to pesto with pine nuts not macadamia's like they use on the island which could be why it lacked flavor. My husband loved his chicken Parmesan & he finished off his meal with Apple cobbler. The only complaint is the waitress inattentiveness to details, fries were delivered without appetizer plates, no description of dipping sauces, never checked on how we liked our meals, etc.
- Best Italian Food on the island!!!SazerasticVIPDined on 5/28/2014At first we were hesitant to make the 40 min drive from Princeville to the restaurant, but once the food arrived we were glad we did. Many more restaurant s with a more romantic view and ambiance, but few if any with better food. Best we had all week and we ate out every day. Also a but of a locals place which makes the vibe more fun compared too all the tourist joints. I had clams with linguine and my wife had eggplant Parmesan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findCrazyfoodsDined on 5/26/2014While traveling into kauai I rented a car and the lady at the counter recommended kauai pasta because her daughter worked there. My new bride and I decided to give it a try and glad we did. Pasta was amazing and reasonably priced. Well certainly come back on our next trip. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Pasta PlaceJazzyChazzDined on 5/25/2014Kauai Pasta came highly recommended but unfortunately didn't live up to expectation. Portions were large and the restaurant was very accommodating of the group's special dietary requests. The marinara sauce and meatballs had a strange taste and the pasta was just ok. Wouldn't get a strong recommendation from our group.
- 96746Dined on 5/10/2014Great food and service. Have gone there in the past, includiing for special occasions, Will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Very good dining locationElangulpDined on 5/10/2014The restaurant offers very tasty dishes with affordable pricesSpecial Features:
- Always fantastic!KapaaResidentDined on 5/5/2014The food is always wonderful here! Tasty regular dishes! Interesting and delicious specials! Good service! A little noisy but vibrant and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJeanneVIPDined on 5/5/2014Love this place! I get to enjoy Kauai Pasta Kapaa at least once a month. We had the artichoke special, which was a little too rich for me but my BFF LOVED it. There is a new bus boy that is just all over the place. He's nice and friendly, just needs to calm down. I felt like I was watching a live episode of Three's Company with Jack (John Ritter) tripping and bouncing all over the place. I had stepped out to get something from my car and there was someone smoking right outside the door. I told the boy about the smoker and he took care of it right away. Wish I thought to ask if Adam was working... he's a great server.
- The following 143 reviews are from the Kauai Pasta Kauai reviews archive.
- SurpriseMarkDined on 4/27/2014We were looking for a restaurant that had a bit of island flair while offering traditional Italian fare. Kauai Pasta was terrific. We were greeted by the manager at the door and shown immediately to our table. They had very reasonable and extensive wine list. The Caesar salad was very fresh and not too big - although I shared it with my wife. For an entrée I had the pesto chicken and it was very tasty and a good portion. If you like pesto then you would like this take on it. My wife had the meat pasta which was delicious. To top things off we indulged in the bananas foster which was perfect. Great value and great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/27/2014Enjoyed the pesto pasta, kale salad and bread pudding. The service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Excellent food! PreparationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2014Excellent food! Preparation an presentation made you want to eat and ant to return for the other items on the menu.Special Features:
- always reliableKauaiKidDined on 3/29/2014Kauai Pasta is always a reliable choice for a solid dining experience. The pasta dishes are satisfying and plentiful (my wife likes the pesto, while I lean towards the marinara (available with or without meat) and the alfredo). The salads are really good and plentiful enough to split - my wife loves the caprese while I always go for the spinach w/ balsamic, candied walnuts, gorgonzola and pear. They almost always have a couple of nightly specials that are exceptionally good. Last time was a terrific rib-eye with polenta and asparagus. Both the Lihue and Kapa'a locations consistently turn out great food visit after visit. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Family StandyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014We enjoy the consistently good food with generous portions and familiar atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST Ribeye on Island!LilikoimoonDined on 3/16/2014Chef Jeff does it again. Started off with the crispy calamari with the asian style aioli. Excellent flavor and texture. We came in for the Ribeye special, and were treated to a very healthy portion of marinated grilled ribeye, crispy polenta fries (I could eat a plate of just these), asparagus and an Italian coffee barbecue sauce. Hands down, the best ribeye on island. The best surprise of the evening is that Kauai Pasta now has a Gluten Free pizza. They have taken time to perfect the recipe and the crust is really good. Great texture and taste. Jenna, at the bar, never fails to amaze us with her personality and knowledge of cocktails. Thanks for being so receptive to feedback and working on the pizza crust...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!LocalWahineDined on 3/16/2014Kaua'i Pasta! One of my top 5 restaurants on Kauai that I love to dine at for special occasions or some where I love to just have delicious dinner. This is a restaurant that locals and visitors love! ALWAYS highly recommend this Place! Must haves are the truffle fries with thee 4 dipping sauces and the Calamari for thee appetizers. My favorite which I get every time would be the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken! Always so YUMMY! Atmosphere is nice, just the usual noise level with a popular restaurant. If your reading this I would suggest to make your reservation asap cause they're always busy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014I really enjoyed the food and possibility to have a meal with a big Group of people. Appreciated the birthday cake and liked the ambiance. Would recommend it for couples and a nice dinner especially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flexible & AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014We reserved a table for 6, but at the last minute we had a 7th. When we got to the restaurant they were very accommodating to the change and the demeanor of the wait help and everyone was so helpful, timely, and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kauai PastaHankVIPDined on 3/9/2014When I showed the hostess our Open Table confirmation she did not look at it or take it but said that the restaurant does not take reservations. Luckily there was a table available so we were seated. Shortly afterwards there was a long line of people waiting for tables. We really had no problem but would have if we had planned to eat a little later.
- The point at popuiTheglideDined on 3/6/2014Food is always wonderful. Service is wonderful. Not the best ambience but is clean. Parking is a pain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kauai Pasta Kapaa is fantastic!JeanneVIPDined on 3/4/2014LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kauai Pasta Kapaa location! Our server was Adam and he was awesome. Everything on their menu is wonderful. I can't say that for many restaurants, where I just love one, maybe 2 different items. But at Kauai Pasta Kapaa, I can order anything off the menu and love it. We had the Truffle Fries (asked for garlic to be tossed in and it was the best garlic fries I have had on this island!), the Prawns Ramen, House Pasta, and Arugala and Goat cheese salad. If you like a great Caesar salad, theirs is the BEST Caesar salad on this island. Their Greek Pasta is also amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian on KauaiBruceDined on 2/27/2014We come back every year, and this week was a reminder of how much we like this place. Both of the Kauai Pasta locations (one in Lihue and one in Kapaa) are excellent. The menus at both locations are very similar, although the Kapaa location has the more extensive pizzette menu. Had their Greek Pasta (wonderful) and sautéed spinach w garlic as a side. Reasonable wine list too. We'll be coming back again next year!
- Fantastic restaurantmikeDined on 2/15/2014Great food and service, highly recommend. On vacation and going back a second time tonight.Special Features: