5000 Kuhio Hwy
Hanalei, HI 96714Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kauaiono.com/
- Phone: 8086343244
- Hours of Operation:
Periodic Restaurant. Please check website for weekly schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Catering: Private Chef Service & Catering is available for: vacation meal service, private parties, beachside dinners, wedding catering & special events. Please visit our website or contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Justin 8086343244
A word from Kauai Ono
Rustic and Communal in Style, yet Refined. An Outdoor Dining Venue with a Set Menu Based on Weekly and Seasonal Availability - a farm to table concept meal with a do-it-yourself approach to as many components as possible: from the tables and chairs constructed of recycled pallets to house fermented banana vinegar. We try to do it all within reason. Kauai Ono is currently offering a pop up style dinner biweekly. Seating is very limited so please do not make a reservation unless you are sure you can attend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kauai Ono reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was incredible --tuxedogeoffreyDined on 9/4/20135 courses, each one unbelievably good. I'll even rave about the salad which I think was picked while we had our first 2 courses it was so fresh! This a definite go to while on kauai. Wish I'd gone twice! Justin is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner under a tentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2013We were treated to a wonderful farm to table dinner in Hanalei. We had seen the chef at the farmers market the day before and were anticipating a special meal and we were not disappointed in any way. The evening reminded us of another dinner we savored under a tent in Tuscany. The dinner is offered on Wednesday and Thursdays so make your reservations upon arrival...served with aloha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a dinner in paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2013that stands up to the beautiful scenery and the aloha spirit, this is the place. The menu makes the most of high quality local farm and sea to table in inventive and yet classic preparations. In a lovely casual setting, with attentive service, we had a well-paced five course meal with our own wines. Highlights included the perfectly seared ahi tuna followed by a fun and tasty riff on the island favorite kahlua pork. The flour-less chocolate cake, with a lavender infused sauce ended the meal on a perfect note. Plan ahead, because there are only 36 spots for dinner, twice a week.Special Features:
- Best Dinner on MauithegloofsDined on 7/18/2013Hands down the best place we ate while on our honeymoon and the price for a five course pre-fixe was awesome. Totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss This Place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/18/2013A great place to have a dinner. 5 Course Chef's choice dinner served under a tent in Hanalei, HI. The communal Tables are a great idea, made from discarded loading pallets. Each course was simple and delightful. Reservations are required with a maximum of 32 dinners. Dinner is currently served on Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 pm. Make your reservation early and don't miss it. The restaurant is BYOB since they are not in a permanent structure with a liquor license.Special Features:
- Incredible food produced byhal52VIPDined on 7/11/2013Incredible food produced by a mobile kitchen in a tent. priced fix menu with room for alternatives if you give the chef some warning. The chef was young and excellent, a real up and comer. The menu was also locally obtained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome and truly uniqueDrosscpaDined on 7/10/2013Atmosphere is great. Absolutely wonderful. The menu is preset for the evening. This is more like having a personal chef cook for you in your home based on what he found at the farm that day. The chef has created the menu for you. Everything was exquisite. Dining is set at three tables holding twelve people each, so it's close and personal. When you sit down it's a great opportunity to meet people from all over. We were fortunate enough to sit by a family from Australia. The service was excellent. The servers truely cared about your experience. They eagerly answered questions an explained the food. This, truly, is a unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2013How fantastic was this experience? On a scale of 5 stars I wish I could give them a 10. The menu was creative and as promised featured fresh local items including a couple most of us had not seen before. The service was great, meaning attentive, prompt, friendly and unobtrusive. The ambience? What can one say about eating by cadlelight, under a large white canopy in a park in Hanelei? Very comfortable stretching to 2.5 to 3 hours. And not a minute too long. The menu from 6/27: Poisson Cru w.banana chips; Ulu cake w. pineapple, beets, goat cheese & herbs; Mixed greens w. citrus & ginger dressing; wild boar sausage, heirloom carrots w. purple sweet poi & carmelized onions; finishing w. chocolate torte w. cardamom infused mango. Simply great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fantastic. Took aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2013Food was fantastic. Took a little while to get the food out, but if you want a casual 2-3 hour dinner where you can chat with other tourists at your picnic table, it's great. Bring bug spray as the mosquitoes might be out. Don't forgot the BYOB or other drinks.Special Features:
- Outstanding food in a fun settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2013Make sure you visit Kauai Ono on your next trip to Kauai. Justin and his team do an amazing job with the menu and the quality of the food. The night we were there, the weather was a little rainy, but it was no problem. The tent keeps you completely out of the weather, and is a lot of fun! The tables are community style. Our family of four had a great time with a couple from California, and the small setting lets you have a lot of interaction with the servers and the chef. Overall, a tremendous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary celebrationMalionaDined on 6/12/2013We loved the entire experience. The food and the evening were wonderful. It was so lovely dining outside in Hanalei. The farm to table menu was so delicious and amazing. Loved that the chef came and introduced himself and chatted with us. It was a delightful evening to celebrate our anniversary . We were with another couple who were celebrating theirs too! We will most definitely return in the near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Known Kauai Gem!DrRichVIPDined on 5/30/2013A fantastic dinner by Justin, a well trained wonderful chef, under a tent in Hanalei! It doesn't get better than this!! He uses local produce, beef and fish to provide a truly memorable experience. Get a bottle of wine from the nearby liquor store and you're set. I'm so glad I stumbled upon Kauai Ono on OpenTable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food artistically preparedSowhiteDined on 5/30/2013My husband and I were fortunate enough to eat at Kauai Ono on 5/30/13. Chef Justin prepared a beautiful and tasty 5 course meal that night. Highlights were the breadfruit cake topped with star fruit citrus and a vinaigrette as well as the Princeville brisket. You dine under a white tent outdoors with communal seating which encourages conversation. Each course was described to us as they were presented. I would go again for sure! And remember its BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous and Unique Dining ExperienOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2013My husband and I were so lucky to find this experience when we were staying in Princeville. Chef Justin hosts his dinner just 2x week on Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30. Dinner is a five course pre fix menu created with fresh ingredients from the local farmers market. It is prepared in a gourmet food truck and served under a great white tent in a grassy lot next to the Quicksilver shop in Hanalei. It is BYOB and there's a liquor store right buy with a good wine selection.. The service is great as well. Now the food... Incredible! Wonderful combinations of flavors that are inique and complementary together. If you are in Kauai on a Wed/Thursday you need to go. They only seat about 20 so get your reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Farm to Table MenuMakHDined on 5/29/2013We had a great experience at Kauai Ono. The restaurant is a pop up tent that comes to Hanalei every Wednesday and Thursday. The chef sources the ingredients from the Tuesday Hanalei Farmers' Market and then creates the menu based on what is freshest that week. The result is a 5 course tasting menu that is cooked and prepared beautifully, using simple and fresh ingredients, often in combinations you wouldn't think of. The tables feature communal dining, so it's maybe not the best for a romantic night for two, but we really enjoyed meeting friendly new people. The service is phenomenal - the one waiter is a certified sommelier who can explain every subtle detail of the food to you. Highly, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience at Kauai Ono!kasmithDined on 5/15/2013My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Kauai Ono. Justin Smith's food was diverse - five courses made primarily from local ingredients - with simple but elegant and tasty preparation. We will definitely come back next time we are in Hanalei!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh and inventiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013This is a wonderful idea and beautifully executed. All diners gathered under a tented area and sat on communal tables. Everyone ate the same menu and each course was explained as it came out. My favorite courses were the flatbread and the pork, but everything was carefully and lovingly made. This was a really exciting and interesting night of food and if we are lucky enough to return to Kauai we would certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pop Up DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2013A Pop-Up Restaurant experience. The food was fantastic. Lots of wonderful flavors and variety. Gourmet food under a tent. Great food without pretense. Sitting at a community table with other people was enjoyable. Some people did not eat pork and Justin accommodated them with perfectly cooked ahi. The juvenile ahi poke was excellent. Fresh salad with sprouted coconuts and a bit of poke that another guest shared with me. The Kalua pork on top of bread fruit was excellent. And who would've thought that bread fruit would taste like the best potato knish I've had. Custard made with coconut milk and carmelized bananas on top for dessert. I wish them well and hope they will be able to continue to offer these excellent meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Pop up dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2013I was suprised to show up and find the chef cooking out of a food truck with dinner set up on picnic tables under a beautiful white tent. However, I am pretty adaptable and sat down with 3 other couples for a nice meal. Luckily, I had gotten the BYOB message, so we popped the red wine and started chatting. Very soon, we had an excellent pizza on the table with olive oil beets and goat cheese. It was awesome. The pace of the meal was great offering lots of time to chat and digest between courses. The whole meal took about 3 hours and every course was excellent. If you go, check the menu on the website and know you'll be outside.And don't forget to BYOB. Thanks to Justin and Ann, it was an awesome night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.