Katz 21 Steak and Spirits
5702 Spohn Dr
Corpus Christi, TX 78413Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Katz 21 Steak and Spirits
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.katz21.com/
- Phone: 3618841221
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: George Christodoulakis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Known for our elite style and providing exemplary service to our distinguished clientele, Katz 21 Steak and Spirits sets the standard for catering in Corpus Christi. Specializing in Gourmet Regional Texas Fare and International Cuisine, either plated or buffet style, our expertly trained chefs will provide you and your guests with the finest selection of US Prime Beef, fresh Gulf Coast Seafood, or a full-blown Italian, Mexican, or Greek Feast. We are dedicated to superb ingredients and exquisite presentation and every detail undergoes exacting scrutiny by our Private Dining and Catering Direct
- Private Party Facilities: As the premier fine dining steakhouse in Corpus Christi, Katz 21 Steak and Spirits would be honored to create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. The finest aged prime steaks, succulent seafood, and award winning wines add to the conversation and camaraderie flowing amongst candlelight and laughter. Our brand new Banquet Rooms can beautifully accommodate your party of 12 to 250, whether you are planning a five-course dinner for a small group, a large cocktail party, a button-down corporate event, or the wedding reception of your dreams. You will be comforted by the knowledge that your event will come off precisely as planned because you’re in the hands of people who make taking care of you their highest priority.
- Private Party Contact: Alissa Pena 3614381308
- Entertainment: Katz 21 Steak & Spirits features live music on the patio and a DJ in the 21 Lounge on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Katz 21 Steak and Spirits
Katz 21 Steak & Spirits, the city’s only Prime Steakhouse, is newly relocated on the Southside and setting the standard for the premier fine dining experience in Corpus Christi. Specializing in dry aged prime beef and fresh Gulf Coast seafood, Katz 21 also offers an award winning wine list that is sure to please every palate. Three elegant private dining rooms, perfect for all occasions, can accommodate from 10 to 150 guests. Start the evening with a glass of wine or signature cocktail in Club 21 or sit on the spacious outdoor patio to enjoy one of our many imported beers and live music. Call to reserve your table or next special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Katz 21 Steak and Spirits - Best Restaurants in Corpus Christi ›
Katz 21 Steak and Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (25)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday Dinner - Great Choice!OrangeDLiteDined on 10/25/2014Was looking for a great steak restaurant in the corpus area for a family birthday dinner and chose Katz 21 Steakhouse and was definitely not disappointed!! Both the food and the service were awesome and met with all our approval... We all were very pleased!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Very nice restaurant. Came here for our anniversary :) Will definitely reccomend to other people.Special Features:
- Very nice Corpus Steak HouseRalphVIPDined on 10/24/2014Took 3 friends to dinner here Friday evening. Was NOT disappointed. Service was impeccable and the steaks were superb. Will go back when I return to Corpus Christi
- ManoDined on 10/2/2014Great food, would recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening for 32nd anniversaryMacadoDined on 9/20/2014Only had one small glitch, wife ordered prime rib, med rare, came out med at best. This was corrected at once and new plate was brought by serving manager with his apologies. We had the flourless chocolate cake to split for dessert, out of this world. We had reservations and when we where seated the waitress spoke to us by name, and ask what the occasion was. We told her it was a late celebration for our 32 anniversary. When dessert was brought out, it had Happy Anniversary written in chocolate around rim of plate. Small things, that lead to perfection.Special Features:
- A true dining experienceLorraineDined on 9/20/2014Dining at Katz 21 wasn't just "going out to eat". Dining at Katz 21 was truly a dining experience. From the moment we arrived my husband and enjoyed every bit of our time at Katz 21. Briana, our server, was awesome and attended to our needs. The food was AMAZING. I can not wait to return.Special Features:
- Special Night OutLoveNewRestaurantsDined on 9/13/2014Out Of Town Looking For A Nice Place, To Have A Great Dinner! Sure To Not Dissapoint,Food Tasking Had The Ribeye & Grilled Aspargus, Everything Superb!Special Features:
- 3rd time not a charmScottVIPDined on 9/11/2014First off the service is exceptional as is the steak, so why am I giving 3 stars for food? My appetizer was Fruit of the Sea Shrimp, scallops, calamari, and crabmeat in a light lemon butter sauce; upon arrival it had tomatoes w/ a thick sauce; not what I expected. Taste fair, but the tomato totally ruins the dish. Why would anyone add something and not alert the diner? I also ordered the Sauteed Mushroom Medley. It was so sweet there is no way I could eat that with a steak. The portion is nicely sized but the taste does not compliment a steak. I do not know if it was sauteed in a sweet wine or if had sugar added. I would alert diners. that the mushrooms are sweet! Never had them like this anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, phenomenal service.MaxxDined on 9/5/2014The food was great, the service was phenomenal, the ambiance was lacking. Clearly opened by someone who didn't want to hire a decorator. There isn't a clear theme in the decor, instead of mood lighting at each table the restaurant is lit by bright overhead fluorescent lighting, which is not what you expect when you pay this much for food. That being said I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katz 21 1st visitBlondtypeDined on 9/5/2014Went for a VERY special occasion. Asked for a table that would be quiet enough for conversation...was very satisfied with the selection!!! Food was excellent and service was like that from a time gone by and forgotten by so many of us....was nice to be back in a more genteel atmosphere!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrations!Cremebrulee4meDined on 8/26/2014Super food! Beautiful ambience! Well worth the price. Our only problem was not specifying our need for a table rather than a booth during the reservation process. It was like an act of Congress to get a table on a slow weeknight. Oh, and our order took an unnecessarily long amount of time. Others who had been seated after us got their orders way ahead of us. We were seated by 7 and food did not arrive til 8:05 with apologies regarding anew line" in the kitchen???? That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive but ok steakelvatoDined on 8/23/2014Went with female friend who was impressed by design and ambiance. Good appetizers especially the baked fromaggio. Excellent martini. Server was excellent. I had the tenderloin gorgonzola , which I found good. I expect great when dining on aged prime beef. Ordered take out desert and was brought the wrong item. Server offered to replace, but I declined. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpricedDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner at this place the other night. My husband had a pepper steak and all he tasted was the overwelming pepper. In general the food was ok but nothing special for the high price. Did not like that everything is priced separately as the salads, fried or bake potatoes. Its a wonder you did not charge for the water or the bread! We will think twice before making reservations here, there are other nice places in this town that are not killing your budget this way. After all this is Corpus Christi, not New York! We also found out that your place is off limit to military, that is not acceptable!
- Sat date niteChangoDined on 8/16/2014Went to open table to fine a nice steakhouse & there were 2 that were available , chose Katz 21 because of its reviews & menu turned out to be a very pleasurable experience, we both had both Chefs specials, steak was perfect ,Grooper was exceptional Decoy by Duck horn wonderful selection on wine,service was attentive , we'll be back. weekend visit to the coast trip thank you Katz 21Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at best.verydisappointedDined on 8/9/2014For the price the food was incredibly average. Was expecting Del Frisco's quality, and received common steakhouse chain flavor. Sides of baked potato and rice pilaf were borderline inedible. Don't waste the money Texas Roadhouse or Outback steaks are much better.Special Features:
- Amazing food!YoungDined on 8/1/2014The food was amazing. The filet mignon was cooked to perfection and cut like butter (medium rare). The server hustled any time we asked for anything! Very kind and respectful. Another server extended his arm to escort me to the bathroom after I asked where it was. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryMikeandDonnaDined on 7/21/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived, friendly hostess, great service and excellent food. Could not ask for anything better.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Outstanding restaurant atmosphere and food. Hosted customers for dinner and all enjoyed the selection of Katz 21. I would go again next time I'm in Corpus Christi.Special Features:
- Great restaurant all aroundlovediningDined on 7/12/2014We were visiting Corpus so we didn't know anything about this restaurant but we weren't disappointed. Staff was very attentative and accommodating. Huge choice of food including appetizers, salads/soups, entrees and desserts. The food was absolutely amazing. Would definitely make it a stop if we visit Corpus again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasion in CorpuspadrephDined on 7/9/2014We go for special occasions (birthdays, anniversary, etc.). This was only our second visit to the new location. I wish they would've seated us at a table away from the other patrons since there was enough available tables. The group next to us was very loud and their topic of discussion wasn't appropriate for this nice of a restaurant. I wasn't thrilled with the Katz Meow appetizer, but my wife loved it. My Greek salad was good, but way too much dressing. Instead of ordering my usual (filet), I went with the prime rib. I didn't like the cut of meat and it was overcooked. I'll be going back to the filet. Chocolate mousse and creme brulee were good as usual. I would like to see more options on wine by glass selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014I have been trying to get to Katz for a year. Finally, we had the chance to go on July 4, 2014. It is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or just to go and enjoy a quiet elegant meal. I have learned over the years not to go to a restaurant at a busy time, I want quiet. My husband and I went for dinner at 5 P.M. The experience was everything I expected. We chose our entrée from the online menu, so we knew how much to spend before we arrived. We had a wonderful evening♥ Katz is an elegant restaurant and I wish they had a dress code. It is too nice of a place for people to dress casual. One does not go here to get a hamburger. It is for adults, which makes it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Katz 21 Steak and Spirits reviews archive.
- McCray visitBabblesDined on 6/30/2014I was very disappointed in the Katz Snapper. I've never seen dark meat snapper before with only one scallop & 2 little shrimp. I ordered a second glass of wine but I guess our waiter got busy and never brought it. i expect better service at such prices. The steaks at our table were good but the snapper left alot to be desired. Won't order that again and it was always my favorite dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014The food was outstanding- steak perfectly cooked, grilled asparagus was flavorful, shrimp bisque was excellent! They have an extensive wine list, too!Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceDavid357Dined on 6/13/2014The entire meal was great. The Snapper dish my wife had and the Rib-Eye steak I had were just outstanding. I know the prices are a little high but you can not get a better meal in Corpus. And the fact that there was no misbehaving children just made it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationExpatinTexasDined on 6/7/2014My three friends and I had a marvelous dining experience here in June on a Saturday night. We all loved the cucumber martinis. I had the blackened burgundy fish that was cooked to perfection. Friends had the pork chops and steaks, which they raved about. Sides were the typical boring fare, but Corpus Christi is not a foodie town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- known for steaksAmySzyDined on 5/31/2014This place is known for their beef and seafood sections. My husband had the prime and said it was the best he had ever tasted. I wasn't in the mood for beef and don't like seafood. So I ordered the chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Clearly this restaurant isn't known for their pasta or chicken dishes. It was bland and rather ordinary. The rest of the meal to include the side dishes and wine were spot on. Just not my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidDerinDined on 5/29/2014I could see anyone having a good experience here, though mine was below average. On the reservation, I noted that it was my father's birthday. My family is not big on birthdays, but they ignored this note. The dining room is dim and windowless. Mirrors are used to compensate for the lighting. The house bread, accompanies with whipped butter, was savory. My waitress in training was generous in extra helpings to it. The oysters rockafeller were hit the spot. I do not normally eat these. My 8oz. filet mignon was cooked to medium rare rather than medium. They rushed to correct this, so I cannot give an honest assessment regarding my steak. I ordered an apple pie a la mode for dessert. It was average in sweetness and above average overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice.ParadalDined on 5/24/2014Great place to have a nice quiet dinner for 2. Had a great time and would come again for a special celebration. Would recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodsoulfoodDined on 5/17/2014I thought that this restaurant was very good. Even though we were late from the time we made reservations for, we were still seated immediately. The staff was very polite and considerate, never rushing us. The food was brought out a lot more quickly than I thought it would be and it was DELICIOUS. This is definitely some of the best food that I've had in Corpus, and I loved every bite. Now it is expensive but I thought it was worth it.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014The lettuce wrap appetizer was excellent. The main meal was very good. We enjoyed the evening ver much. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience at Katz everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We recently visited Katz on May 10, 2014 for my fiancé's birthday. We booked a reservation. When we got there they paraded us around the entire room before finally saying "oops I guess your table isn't ready yet. Would you mind waiting in the front." This was despite the fact that there were many open tables. After finally getting seated, we asked if we could be moves to a booth due to the smallness of our table and our rather loud neighbors. Despite that there were many tables available, our request was denied. The service was not up to par as well. The server had to make seperate trips for every little thing. Also, we had to request our bread several times. It took forever to place our order in the first place. We never got a wine listSpecial Features:
- Great food. Disappointed in managerranchmemawVIPDined on 5/7/2014The Veal 21 was excellent! My friends enjoyed their dishes as well. Our waiter was excellent. The wait for the food was a little long, but it was worth it. One of my friends had a restaurant.com gift certificate (they don't expire unless restaurant.com notifies you that the restaurant no longer exists or takes the coupon). The manager turned it down flatly saying that new management would not accept. As someone at the table pointed out, if a $50 steak was not cooked the way someone wanted, the management would comp it. Why not take a $25 coupon? The highlight of the evening was the entertainment in the bar - a jazz band with a great young singer, Victoria Majors. But bar service was non-existent. One drink and the waitress disappeared.Special Features:
- A gem of a place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014First and foremost the servers are very well versed on the food they are serving, professionals. The wine list seems endless. The food, to die for. Overall the perfect place for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE best steak house in town!VinceDined on 4/2/2014Katz is the best steak house in Corpus Christi, Texas. The food, service, ambiance... outstanding. You do pay the price. But for me it is totally worth it. It is not a place for kids. Not because there is anything kids shouldn't do or see... but it is just an adult place. If your kids are quiet, well behaved (don't ruin it for others) and you don't mind paying $50+ dollars for a meal then take them... If you want to have a lovely evening Katz is a great experience. I also took some clients for lunch... it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky FindHungrygirlDined on 3/31/2014I was in town for business, looking for a nice dining experience with a colleague. I certainly found that and more. My steak was unbelievably tender, juicy and flavorful - that is saying a lot since I like my steak more toward the well done side. I would definitely come back again. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed... Food had aLizcDined on 3/28/2014Disappointed... Food had a great presentation with no flavor.Special Features:
- KATZ 21 - It's the Katz Meow!!!!!ScottVIPDined on 3/25/2014Fantastic dinner at Katz 21. Excellent steak, salad and mushrooms. Waiter allowed me to choose the steak I wanted and it was cooked to perfection with wonderful flavor. Nice selection of wines, even offering numerous ones by the glass not listed on the menu. James is an excellent, attentive professional and his service was outstanding. I was treated like a king and I will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Pricey,TobbyDined on 3/22/2014Excellent service. Pricey, I was little let down with the rib eye but was delicious.Special Features:
- date nightdatenight32214Dined on 3/22/2014Due to very busy schedules, my husband and I, haven't had a date in a while. Katz21 was the perfect place for food, ambiance, and romance. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars every time!BillDined on 3/15/2014We visit our daughter who is attending college in Corpus Christi, perhaps every two to three months. Katz 21, whether at the old location downtwon or this new place, is always on the agenda. We have never been disappointed. Best steaks in town, wine list is extensive and fairly priced, and the wait staff, bartenders, etc., are unfailingly knowledgeable and polite.Special Features: