Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
2535 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SLS Las Vegas
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://slslasvegas.com/katsuya
- Phone: 7027617611x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
Featuring the dynamic pairing of master sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck in Las Vegas is truly a feast for the senses. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls, and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors for the American palate. The superb talent and exacting precision of Katsuya by Starck is changing the face of Japanese cuisine. The Japanese kanji symbol “Katsu” means “victory,” and it is fitting considering the loyal following of Hollywood A-listers and critics the restaurant has won over.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (40)hot spot (34)good for groups (23)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (9)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014First time to Katsuya but definitely not the last time. Amazing fresh food with amazing taste. Atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2014fresh, delicious sushi.....and overall wonderful drinks and meal!Special Features:
- I love you, katsuya.JenniferEDined on 10/12/2014I'm from Los angeles, and I now live in Las Vegas. Having KATSUYA back in my life is beyond words. Before I talk about the food, I will mention the service. You will be treated like royalty. They will bend over backwards to make you happy and that is pretty rare these days. The food is soooooo good. Their spicy tuna on crispy rice and creamy spicy rock shrimp tempura are worthy of a death row meal. Hey also have so many non sushi items- I am currently obsessed with their corn tempura and wasabi mashed potatos. The menu is extensive, but not overwhelming. The food is very consistent. It's always good . Eat here now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJmholl81Dined on 10/10/2014Had a great night, great drinks, and amazing sushi Ask for booth 8, it's off to the side but a great view for people watching. Ryan was our server and he had good recommendations.
- Loved Katsuyaksh1elds555Dined on 10/10/2014The best rainbow roll I've had in years! Friend had the mushroom bop and it was also delicious.Special Features:
- Gem in the new CasinoNoDeucesDined on 10/7/2014This place was impressive. Great food and better selection. It's not cheap - but it's not absurd. The service was outstanding, but that may be because there were few people there.Special Features:
- Adventure outAnnaDined on 10/7/2014Made a reservation during the week and the restaurant was still busy. Simple chic and modern ambience it definitely brings a Adult feel to this swanky trendy location at SLS. Everything is served family style so you can try everything your table ordered. Apps I started w/ the Brussels Sprouts that we're amazing light and tasty to start the meal. Cold apps the seared Tuna with a salsa was tasty and fresh. Main courses Tiger Roll sushi topped w/ Caviar was superb & Waygu Beef stopped grilled onions w/ a truffle butter melted in your mouth. Drinks were great especially the Cucumber mojito refreshing. Server was on point and knowledgable of the menu and everyone was friendly and helpful. Only compliant it was very cold so wear long sleeves.Special Features:
- Great sushi in Las VegasRoninRoyerDined on 10/4/2014Food and service great. Dj and and music no so great. Too loud and not the right kind of music to set the mood for this cool place. Down tempo and being able to talk to the person next to you would go a long way. After a while you get frustrated with shouting to talk to the person next to you and the staff to place ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnVIPDined on 10/2/2014Was not happy with the server. He preseaured everyone to continue to order and no one knew what the other person ordered and we had repeats that weren't good. THe best thing on the menu was Steak fried rice.
- First sushi experience !pdogDined on 9/28/2014Being unfamiliar with this type of food I was lost and would have been in trouble without the help of my very knowledgeable server. With guidance I had a very enjoyable dinner and will return for round two !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya SlsIrishjewDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has loud music playing(blasting) and the seating is a bit cramped(close communal type seating). It's not really a place for a romantic dinner if that is what you are after. We waited a very long time for our food and when we complained we became the center of attention because of the close quarters seating arrangements they have. The waitress was very apologetic and so was the manager. When our food finally came out most of it was pretty good. The fish seemed really fresh and flavorful. Our salmon caviar starter was served over soapy tasting cucumbers but that was really the only thing that tasted off. We will give it another shot in a few months after they have some time to work out the kinks.Special Features:
- The Best Meal We Had In VegasVanbcDined on 9/26/2014Heard about Katsuya on Therichest.com. It was by far the best meal we had in Vegas. We eat a lot of Japanese food and this was something different and delicious. We had the Brussels sprouts after seeing them and smelling them when they were delivered to the table next to us - so good! I had vegetable tempura and a green salad (both great) and my husband had baked scallop roll and LOVED it! He loves meat and seafood and he was still talking about the Brussel sprouts in the flight home :) Service was fast and friendly. Cool ambiance. The one restaurant we will make an effort to return to againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicrSamsam81Dined on 9/25/2014The service was excellent. We tried the tasting menu and was full before the main entree which was the cod. Everything was very tasty. We order a side salad and was very impressed with it. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food, Top Notch Service!Foodie3VIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my first time at Katsuya. I was there with a large group of co-workers so I was able to try several items off of the menu. My favorites were the pomegranate margarita, brussel sprouts, and best of all - the crispy rice spicy tuna rolls! In fact, the food was so amazing, we are there again a few nights later. I'll be back every time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Fav Sushi Restaurant!GomediaproDined on 9/20/2014Katsuya consistently delivers on a quality dining experience. We have been to the other venues at LA Live, Glendale and Brentwood but the SLS Vegas location is the perfect spot. It is a great fit for the hotel and we were once again NOT disappointed by the dishes. My husband always orders the Omakase (Tasting Menu) with an extra order of the Ceviche (the BEST!!) I ordered two other rolls and we were so full :) The lychee ice cream in a cone was delish. Overall, I highly recommend Katsuya for any occasion!Special Features:
- good foodKaramelVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was high quality and flavorful. The decor was rather cheap and boring, felt a bit too casual for the price point and the music needs to be turned down a couple of notches.
- loud and fairly good foodVegaspar72Dined on 9/19/2014The old saying you can put lipstick on a pig is right on with the old Sahara. It's still a dump. If you going to pay so much for a dinner, go to a nicer property.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Had dinner here with my Fiancé and it was great we were both very satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.LoveFoodDined on 9/18/2014Good was great. Good service. Our server was awesome. He was funny and friendly. Would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya will not disappoint!ShellDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent! Thank you Ryan! We will be requesting your charming and knowledgable service in the future! The Robata Grill was pretty much the focal point for our dining experience. Paul, was who was manning the Robata Grill didn't mind when we interrupted him with questions of the ingredients, our table was side to side with his station and from his station we watched him cook shortribs and a-4 steak which literally melted in your mouth as well as the braised pork! The pork belly, chicken and green onion, crispy rice, and the brussel sprouts were so good we will be going back during every Vegas trip! Love the casino and Katsuya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Strange hotelDtrainontimeDined on 9/18/2014The SLS hotel had a lot of hype. Turned out to be quite underwhelming but Katsuya was fantastic. Great food. Great service. Pretty poor dessert. But main courses were good enough to offset the weak desserts. Overall experience was lacking due to a poor hotel. I'm just not sure you can make an "awesome hotel" experience in Vegas once you venture North of the Encore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Sure, the creativity and amazing fish were there... as nextdore possible patrons, we were very exited while discovering the food, and enjoying an excellent service, smiles and good will...till we found that we were charged almost twice for menus we had not choosen, and even eaten...ok, there were a little ooops! New bill braught, but usually in similar cases we had a much better reaction from the management, like: " let us pay you a drink, or offer you the dessert", sorry about that, etc, etc... knowing that we would be some possible good clients, recomanding the place...but nothing like that. oh well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceTheBoy1derDined on 9/15/2014Service here and other SLS restaurants (The Griddle) was terrible, although we did experience good customer service at The Perq. The poor service I received at the restaurants would prevent me from ever recommending or returning to SLS.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi & Japanese CuisineBrianVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu. All their wagyu/Kobe dishes are exceptional. Great variety if many different Japanese cuisines and cooking techniques. Service was impeccable. A must for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad servicesandieganDined on 9/13/2014we saw the server twice, when we ordered and when we payed... i had to stand up for sauces everytime i needed some, bussboys great! lolSpecial Features:
- Hip, loud and great foodmamacitaDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant's food was incredible. We followed the waiter's suggestions, and we were not disappointed. Excellent service. The waiters are encouraged to have fun. No "silent service" here. Loud, loud, loud but worth it for food!Special Features:
- Excellent mealDeekayDined on 9/6/2014Great food. The wine list needs to be expanded. It's rather week. The service by Jennifer and the rest of the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Excellent ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service from the hostess to the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. The tasting menu had a good assortment of sushi, cold and hot dishes. We also ordered a couple of items off the menu. The lobster dynamite was very good. You get half a lobster and the creamy mushroom sauce was good. The A4 wagyu fried rice was like butter. Very delicious and big portion to share with another. The creamy shrimp had a little kick that was good. The spicy tuna with the crispy rice was a nice blend of crispiness and fresh sushi. The miso black cod was another dish that melted like butter, no need to use a knife, nice, soft, full of flavor.Special Features:
- Just OKrocketDined on 9/6/2014Same same preparation going on all over Las Vegas right now (probably copied from Nobu's). But execution and freshness is just ok. Any other sushi place in town does a better job. Disappointing.
- Mixed reviewSwordfishDined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding and while I am not a stranger to a costly meal i think the pricing is higher than I think justified for the portion size. Fairly loud with the music, conversation and proximity to the casino floor but very good vibe. Just not a choice if you happen to be looking for a quiet romantic conversation because of noise level and table arrangement. On a positive note, good sake list, well informed and very attentive/ friendly staff. I do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH END SUSHIMichDined on 9/4/2014Everything about this restaurant was a 10! Try the tasting menu plate which gives small portions of their best dishes. Service was beyond amazing. Nice to see young people enjoying their jobs with enthusiasm and not just going through the motions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically KatsuyapdiersonVIPDined on 9/2/2014If you're familiar with the brand, you won't be disappointed. All the traditional foodie favorites along with a few new twists. You get what you pay for here and it's right on target. My only disappointment was the interior design. Amongst my design brethren, it's unanimous; this one falls short from their other properties in the Starck realm and the lighting in their booths is the most egregious in being overly bright and cold. It definitely doesn't set a romantic tone and no woman ever wants to be on display that way. It also gave a harsh tone to the plates which just seems counterintuitive. Philippe's gotta stop letting the interns handle the details.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodRobWatVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was the 3rd location of Katusya that I have eaten at(LA and South Beach being the other two) and the food is still consistently good. The appetizer-Rock Shrimp is the best thing on the menu. I absolutely love it and would suggest everyone to try it. My most recent dine, I had the salmon and the wasaybi sliders, both were mouthwatering. The drinks are always well crafted and different. I am absolutely a fan of Katsuya and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at SLSNeighborhoodresidentDined on 8/29/2014Best Sushi Rolls in the whole area. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointingJmorales72Dined on 8/28/2014Food was good...but not excellent, Hamachi was ok...the ceviche was amazing though... it would have been a lot better if the service would have been correct, but it was not. the waitress took way too long between dishes and even taking the order was a time challengeSpecial Features:
- Katsuya SLS 2-Thumbs UpGreatGrindsDined on 8/28/2014The hard surfaces were not bothersome. As with most culinary adventures 4 days new -a glitch or two From the very beginning, not a good sign in my star chart, I found myself dancing around in room filled with empty tables with the newby hostess eventually wrestling a decent booth from her grip Glitch #2 deep into the 2nd Act there was a forgotten YellowFin tuna roll Yet, the taste experience and the wait help was amazing I will never look at a brussel sprout the same way ever again. Individual green leaves deep fried inbalsamic redux? - sprinkled with slivered almonds and topped with shaved dried bonita The crab roll with a C adorned in an artfully yet tasteful soy/rice paper performed well by disappearing without missing a beatSpecial Features:
- Great serviceLbrownDined on 8/26/2014Friendly , great service. Food was delicious ! We were celebrating bday & you take care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageMikeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was way overrated. The location in Hollywood is much better. And even the ambiance was boring.
- Not what I was expectingeddybDined on 8/24/2014After going to dinner several times to the one in Miami, I was expecting the same atmosphere and vibe especially considering it was at the brand new SLS Hotel. My disappointment started with the Hotel. Being an SLS you'd expect a young, fun, and affluent crowd, it was the exact opposite. The restaurant itself is in the back behind the casino so all the noise and smoke comes in from the casino. I got a cafeteria feel, not a fine dining atmosphere, and that is simply because it's so open to the casino. The food was ok, not as good as he south beach location and the service was surprisingly slow. To their defense they've only been open a short time so I will attribute it to that. Overall for your money, there are much better restaurants.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas reviews archive.