Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
2535 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SLS Las Vegas
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://slslasvegas.com/katsuya
- Phone: (702) 761-7611
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Monday & Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:30pm
Closed Tuesday/Wednesday through 12/24
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
Named "Sleek and Stylish," by Bon Apetit magainze, Katsuya blends master sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi culinary creations with design impresario Philippe Starck's unique design. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls, and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors for the American palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (61)hot spot (45)good for groups (35)special occasion (35)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (14)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- SurprisedimgoingmobileDined on 11/23/2014I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't a typical strip restaurant with small portions and I prices. The portions are huge and the prices are moderate. It is loud in the restaurant so it not a romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese Influenced FoodVegasfoodieVIPDined on 11/23/2014This is both a sushi and a Japanese restaurant. We were not impressed with the sushi, but everything else was delicious. Must tries include Miso Black Cod, Creamy Rock Shrimp, Salmon Sashimi with caviar, and the pork Robata. Restaurant is a little pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for Big GroupsbvafaiDined on 11/22/2014We came to Katsuya with a large group, we got seated in the private room. IT was perfect for our group, they played very energetic good music. One negative was that the server didnt come very often so we were waiting quite some time for our bill. But other than that we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014I must say that the food was far better than the Katsuya in LA on Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerGrinderVIPDined on 11/20/2014Had 10 guests for a birthday dinner at Kaysuya. Service was poor, food mediocre. There was gum stuck on one of the chairs which got on one of the guests. The SLS Hotel is not very appealing either. Have been to other Katsuya restaurants, which were much better.
- sugardrDined on 11/14/2014The food and service are excellent. I like the wagyu beef with foie gras. It literally melts in your mouth. And it is very reasonably priced too! I will definitely come back to taste more food listed in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in VegasGenevieveCVIPDined on 11/3/2014This was my first time to the Katsuya in Vegas & I was very pleased with everything across the board! Especially the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with my customersVeryloudMacmanDined on 10/30/2014The place was great with good service and the food was outstanding. Value for money and everyone walked away with smiling faces.Special Features:
- 5 out of 10FoodloverDined on 10/22/2014Service was real slow. It took 30 minutes to get two rolls. The food was ok, but expected it to be a little bit better considering the price
- AmazingUliciousDined on 10/19/2014First time to Katsuya but definitely not the last time. Amazing fresh food with amazing taste. Atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatsuyaJenniferEDined on 10/19/2014Katsuya just had the greatest promotion of all time. 50% off for Las Vegas locals!!!! I think I ate everything. Some things so nice, I had them twice. I think I'm still full and its four days later. One thing that makes the restaurant truly great is that it is consistent. It's ALWAYS amazing food. The staff is so great, warm and friendly and will accommodate just about any request you could have. They even remember my name which is a warm feeling when you live in such a transient city. I've been here with friends and by myself, and I have just a good a time alone because everyone is so friendly. Management was so very kind to me on this visit, I showed my true single Catlady colors, and shed two tears of joy. love you katsuya!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic sushiAmlkrmermDined on 10/12/2014fresh, delicious sushi.....and overall wonderful drinks and meal!Special Features:
- I love you, katsuya.JenniferEDined on 10/12/2014I'm from Los angeles, and I now live in Las Vegas. Having KATSUYA back in my life is beyond words. Before I talk about the food, I will mention the service. You will be treated like royalty. They will bend over backwards to make you happy and that is pretty rare these days. The food is soooooo good. Their spicy tuna on crispy rice and creamy spicy rock shrimp tempura are worthy of a death row meal. Hey also have so many non sushi items- I am currently obsessed with their corn tempura and wasabi mashed potatos. The menu is extensive, but not overwhelming. The food is very consistent. It's always good . Eat here now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiJmholl81Dined on 10/10/2014Had a great night, great drinks, and amazing sushi Ask for booth 8, it's off to the side but a great view for people watching. Ryan was our server and he had good recommendations.
- Loved Katsuyaksh1elds555Dined on 10/10/2014The best rainbow roll I've had in years! Friend had the mushroom bop and it was also delicious.Special Features:
- Gem in the new CasinoNoDeucesDined on 10/7/2014This place was impressive. Great food and better selection. It's not cheap - but it's not absurd. The service was outstanding, but that may be because there were few people there.Special Features:
- Adventure outAnnaDined on 10/7/2014Made a reservation during the week and the restaurant was still busy. Simple chic and modern ambience it definitely brings a Adult feel to this swanky trendy location at SLS. Everything is served family style so you can try everything your table ordered. Apps I started w/ the Brussels Sprouts that we're amazing light and tasty to start the meal. Cold apps the seared Tuna with a salsa was tasty and fresh. Main courses Tiger Roll sushi topped w/ Caviar was superb & Waygu Beef stopped grilled onions w/ a truffle butter melted in your mouth. Drinks were great especially the Cucumber mojito refreshing. Server was on point and knowledgable of the menu and everyone was friendly and helpful. Only compliant it was very cold so wear long sleeves.Special Features:
- Great sushi in Las VegasRoninRoyerDined on 10/4/2014Food and service great. Dj and and music no so great. Too loud and not the right kind of music to set the mood for this cool place. Down tempo and being able to talk to the person next to you would go a long way. After a while you get frustrated with shouting to talk to the person next to you and the staff to place ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnVIPDined on 10/2/2014Was not happy with the server. He preseaured everyone to continue to order and no one knew what the other person ordered and we had repeats that weren't good. THe best thing on the menu was Steak fried rice.
- First sushi experience !pdogDined on 9/28/2014Being unfamiliar with this type of food I was lost and would have been in trouble without the help of my very knowledgeable server. With guidance I had a very enjoyable dinner and will return for round two !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya SlsIrishjewDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant has loud music playing(blasting) and the seating is a bit cramped(close communal type seating). It's not really a place for a romantic dinner if that is what you are after. We waited a very long time for our food and when we complained we became the center of attention because of the close quarters seating arrangements they have. The waitress was very apologetic and so was the manager. When our food finally came out most of it was pretty good. The fish seemed really fresh and flavorful. Our salmon caviar starter was served over soapy tasting cucumbers but that was really the only thing that tasted off. We will give it another shot in a few months after they have some time to work out the kinks.Special Features:
- The Best Meal We Had In VegasVanbcDined on 9/26/2014Heard about Katsuya on Therichest.com. It was by far the best meal we had in Vegas. We eat a lot of Japanese food and this was something different and delicious. We had the Brussels sprouts after seeing them and smelling them when they were delivered to the table next to us - so good! I had vegetable tempura and a green salad (both great) and my husband had baked scallop roll and LOVED it! He loves meat and seafood and he was still talking about the Brussel sprouts in the flight home :) Service was fast and friendly. Cool ambiance. The one restaurant we will make an effort to return to againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicrSamsam81Dined on 9/25/2014The service was excellent. We tried the tasting menu and was full before the main entree which was the cod. Everything was very tasty. We order a side salad and was very impressed with it. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food, Top Notch Service!Foodie3VIPDined on 9/24/2014This was my first time at Katsuya. I was there with a large group of co-workers so I was able to try several items off of the menu. My favorites were the pomegranate margarita, brussel sprouts, and best of all - the crispy rice spicy tuna rolls! In fact, the food was so amazing, we are there again a few nights later. I'll be back every time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Fav Sushi Restaurant!GomediaproDined on 9/20/2014Katsuya consistently delivers on a quality dining experience. We have been to the other venues at LA Live, Glendale and Brentwood but the SLS Vegas location is the perfect spot. It is a great fit for the hotel and we were once again NOT disappointed by the dishes. My husband always orders the Omakase (Tasting Menu) with an extra order of the Ceviche (the BEST!!) I ordered two other rolls and we were so full :) The lychee ice cream in a cone was delish. Overall, I highly recommend Katsuya for any occasion!Special Features:
- good foodKaramelVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was high quality and flavorful. The decor was rather cheap and boring, felt a bit too casual for the price point and the music needs to be turned down a couple of notches.
- loud and fairly good foodVegaspar72Dined on 9/19/2014The old saying you can put lipstick on a pig is right on with the old Sahara. It's still a dump. If you going to pay so much for a dinner, go to a nicer property.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Had dinner here with my Fiancé and it was great we were both very satisfied with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food.LoveFoodDined on 9/18/2014Good was great. Good service. Our server was awesome. He was funny and friendly. Would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya will not disappoint!ShellDined on 9/18/2014Service was excellent! Thank you Ryan! We will be requesting your charming and knowledgable service in the future! The Robata Grill was pretty much the focal point for our dining experience. Paul, was who was manning the Robata Grill didn't mind when we interrupted him with questions of the ingredients, our table was side to side with his station and from his station we watched him cook shortribs and a-4 steak which literally melted in your mouth as well as the braised pork! The pork belly, chicken and green onion, crispy rice, and the brussel sprouts were so good we will be going back during every Vegas trip! Love the casino and Katsuya!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant. Strange hotelDtrainontimeDined on 9/18/2014The SLS hotel had a lot of hype. Turned out to be quite underwhelming but Katsuya was fantastic. Great food. Great service. Pretty poor dessert. But main courses were good enough to offset the weak desserts. Overall experience was lacking due to a poor hotel. I'm just not sure you can make an "awesome hotel" experience in Vegas once you venture North of the Encore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Sure, the creativity and amazing fish were there... as nextdore possible patrons, we were very exited while discovering the food, and enjoying an excellent service, smiles and good will...till we found that we were charged almost twice for menus we had not choosen, and even eaten...ok, there were a little ooops! New bill braught, but usually in similar cases we had a much better reaction from the management, like: " let us pay you a drink, or offer you the dessert", sorry about that, etc, etc... knowing that we would be some possible good clients, recomanding the place...but nothing like that. oh well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceTheBoy1derDined on 9/15/2014Service here and other SLS restaurants (The Griddle) was terrible, although we did experience good customer service at The Perq. The poor service I received at the restaurants would prevent me from ever recommending or returning to SLS.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi & Japanese CuisineBrianVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu. All their wagyu/Kobe dishes are exceptional. Great variety if many different Japanese cuisines and cooking techniques. Service was impeccable. A must for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad servicesandieganDined on 9/13/2014we saw the server twice, when we ordered and when we payed... i had to stand up for sauces everytime i needed some, bussboys great! lolSpecial Features:
- Hip, loud and great foodmamacitaDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant's food was incredible. We followed the waiter's suggestions, and we were not disappointed. Excellent service. The waiters are encouraged to have fun. No "silent service" here. Loud, loud, loud but worth it for food!Special Features:
- Excellent mealDeekayDined on 9/6/2014Great food. The wine list needs to be expanded. It's rather week. The service by Jennifer and the rest of the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Excellent ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service from the hostess to the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. The tasting menu had a good assortment of sushi, cold and hot dishes. We also ordered a couple of items off the menu. The lobster dynamite was very good. You get half a lobster and the creamy mushroom sauce was good. The A4 wagyu fried rice was like butter. Very delicious and big portion to share with another. The creamy shrimp had a little kick that was good. The spicy tuna with the crispy rice was a nice blend of crispiness and fresh sushi. The miso black cod was another dish that melted like butter, no need to use a knife, nice, soft, full of flavor.Special Features:
- Just OKrocketDined on 9/6/2014Same same preparation going on all over Las Vegas right now (probably copied from Nobu's). But execution and freshness is just ok. Any other sushi place in town does a better job. Disappointing.
- Mixed reviewSwordfishVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding and while I am not a stranger to a costly meal i think the pricing is higher than I think justified for the portion size. Fairly loud with the music, conversation and proximity to the casino floor but very good vibe. Just not a choice if you happen to be looking for a quiet romantic conversation because of noise level and table arrangement. On a positive note, good sake list, well informed and very attentive/ friendly staff. I do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.