Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
2535 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://slslasvegas.com/katsuya
- Phone: 7027617611x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas
Featuring the dynamic pairing of master sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck in Las Vegas is truly a feast for the senses. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls, and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors for the American palate. The superb talent and exacting precision of Katsuya by Starck is changing the face of Japanese cuisine. The Japanese kanji symbol “Katsu” means “victory,” and it is fitting considering the loyal following of Hollywood A-listers and critics the restaurant has won over.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)hot spot (12)special occasion (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent Sushi & Japanese CuisineBrianVIPDined on 9/13/2014A great menu. All their wagyu/Kobe dishes are exceptional. Great variety if many different Japanese cuisines and cooking techniques. Service was impeccable. A must for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014we saw the server twice, when we ordered and when we payed... i had to stand up for sauces everytime i needed some, bussboys great! lolSpecial Features:
- Hip, loud and great foodmamacitaDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant's food was incredible. We followed the waiter's suggestions, and we were not disappointed. Excellent service. The waiters are encouraged to have fun. No "silent service" here. Loud, loud, loud but worth it for food!Special Features:
- Excellent mealDeekayDined on 9/6/2014Great food. The wine list needs to be expanded. It's rather week. The service by Jennifer and the rest of the staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Excellent ServiceFoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014The service from the hostess to the waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. The tasting menu had a good assortment of sushi, cold and hot dishes. We also ordered a couple of items off the menu. The lobster dynamite was very good. You get half a lobster and the creamy mushroom sauce was good. The A4 wagyu fried rice was like butter. Very delicious and big portion to share with another. The creamy shrimp had a little kick that was good. The spicy tuna with the crispy rice was a nice blend of crispiness and fresh sushi. The miso black cod was another dish that melted like butter, no need to use a knife, nice, soft, full of flavor.Special Features:
- Just OKrocketDined on 9/6/2014Same same preparation going on all over Las Vegas right now (probably copied from Nobu's). But execution and freshness is just ok. Any other sushi place in town does a better job. Disappointing.
- Mixed reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014The food was outstanding and while I am not a stranger to a costly meal i think the pricing is higher than I think justified for the portion size. Fairly loud with the music, conversation and proximity to the casino floor but very good vibe. Just not a choice if you happen to be looking for a quiet romantic conversation because of noise level and table arrangement. On a positive note, good sake list, well informed and very attentive/ friendly staff. I do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGH END SUSHIMichDined on 9/4/2014Everything about this restaurant was a 10! Try the tasting menu plate which gives small portions of their best dishes. Service was beyond amazing. Nice to see young people enjoying their jobs with enthusiasm and not just going through the motions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically KatsuyapdiersonVIPDined on 9/2/2014If you're familiar with the brand, you won't be disappointed. All the traditional foodie favorites along with a few new twists. You get what you pay for here and it's right on target. My only disappointment was the interior design. Amongst my design brethren, it's unanimous; this one falls short from their other properties in the Starck realm and the lighting in their booths is the most egregious in being overly bright and cold. It definitely doesn't set a romantic tone and no woman ever wants to be on display that way. It also gave a harsh tone to the plates which just seems counterintuitive. Philippe's gotta stop letting the interns handle the details.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodRobWatVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was the 3rd location of Katusya that I have eaten at(LA and South Beach being the other two) and the food is still consistently good. The appetizer-Rock Shrimp is the best thing on the menu. I absolutely love it and would suggest everyone to try it. My most recent dine, I had the salmon and the wasaybi sliders, both were mouthwatering. The drinks are always well crafted and different. I am absolutely a fan of Katsuya and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at SLSNeighborhoodresidentDined on 8/29/2014Best Sushi Rolls in the whole area. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little dissapointingJmorales72Dined on 8/28/2014Food was good...but not excellent, Hamachi was ok...the ceviche was amazing though... it would have been a lot better if the service would have been correct, but it was not. the waitress took way too long between dishes and even taking the order was a time challengeSpecial Features:
- Katsuya SLS 2-Thumbs UpGreatGrindsDined on 8/28/2014The hard surfaces were not bothersome. As with most culinary adventures 4 days new -a glitch or two From the very beginning, not a good sign in my star chart, I found myself dancing around in room filled with empty tables with the newby hostess eventually wrestling a decent booth from her grip Glitch #2 deep into the 2nd Act there was a forgotten YellowFin tuna roll Yet, the taste experience and the wait help was amazing I will never look at a brussel sprout the same way ever again. Individual green leaves deep fried inbalsamic redux? - sprinkled with slivered almonds and topped with shaved dried bonita The crab roll with a C adorned in an artfully yet tasteful soy/rice paper performed well by disappearing without missing a beatSpecial Features:
- Great serviceLbrownDined on 8/26/2014Friendly , great service. Food was delicious ! We were celebrating bday & you take care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageMikeVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was way overrated. The location in Hollywood is much better. And even the ambiance was boring.
- Not what I was expectingeddybDined on 8/24/2014After going to dinner several times to the one in Miami, I was expecting the same atmosphere and vibe especially considering it was at the brand new SLS Hotel. My disappointment started with the Hotel. Being an SLS you'd expect a young, fun, and affluent crowd, it was the exact opposite. The restaurant itself is in the back behind the casino so all the noise and smoke comes in from the casino. I got a cafeteria feel, not a fine dining atmosphere, and that is simply because it's so open to the casino. The food was ok, not as good as he south beach location and the service was surprisingly slow. To their defense they've only been open a short time so I will attribute it to that. Overall for your money, there are much better restaurants.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Katsuya - SLS Las Vegas reviews archive.