Katsuya - Hollywood - SBE
6300 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Katsuya - Hollywood - SBE
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katsuyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3238708437x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Bar Daily from 5pm and Dinner Daily from 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Katsuya's award-winning Japanese cuisine by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Katsuya. Katsuya Hollywood accommodates up to 300 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Katsuya - Hollywood - SBE
Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck is truly a feast for the senses. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors to the American palate. Signature dishes include Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño and Miso-Marinated Black Cod. With superb talent and exacting precision, Katsuya by Starck is changing the face of Japanese cuisine. Katsuya is the Los Angeles Times Readers’ Choice "Best Sushi Restaurant" in Southern California, and one of OpenTable's "50 Hottest Restaurants in the U.S."Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Katsuya - Hollywood - SBE - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Katsuya - Hollywood - SBE reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (97)special occasion (84)fit for foodies (73)vibrant bar scene (59)good for groups (49)romantic (47)late-night find (34)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Decent Food, but don't oversell itAddiesDadDined on 8/21/2014We had a fine experience here last Thursday (8/21/14). The food was good, if not very expensive. Where the experience fell down was in our waiter. First, he oversold the Kobe beef only to come back to the table to say it wasn't available. Second, he then told us the otoro was the best in LA. It was very good, but far from the best in LA. It lacked the classic fat elements of great otoro.Special Features:
- Katsuya rocksAaharoDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food, but more noteable excellent service. The staff is attentive to every need a customer has and I applaud that more than great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down it goes...Jdawg75Dined on 8/15/2014This used to be a favorite place to go. About 5-6 years ago, this was the hot spot to be at and we loved getting dressed up and coming here. Now, however, in my older years, I have realized the truth about this place. I am a sushi fanatic, yet I never find myself here anymore. Why? Because there is MUCH better sushi for a MUCH better price. The prices are OUTLANDISH. And, really, for no reason. Sugarfish surpasses this place 10-fold. It is shocking to me that they are still in business! The only reason we came here was because we had a $30 birthday credit that expired in a few days and we really wanted sushi. They got us in and out within 45 minutes, and for two people, with one drink each and a $30 discount, it was still over $100.Special Features:
- JillianMDined on 8/11/2014If you want to take someone to good quality sushi and get the Hollywood scene ambiance katsuya is a perfect fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cold food.SadSaxVIPDined on 8/11/2014The crispy tuna was, ok everything else was cold and average. I would not recommend this place. They also try to sneak gratuity one your check. There are way better Japanese restaurants in LA to eat at.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014Katsuya Hollywood isn't worth the expense I would much rather go to Katsuya Encino or Sherman oaks have the same good for half the price! The ambiance doesn't make up for anything. I'm a foodie and love my food. There is no authenticity in this place it's a Hollywood hot spot but there are other Hollywood spots I would rather venture too.Special Features:
- Love this placeshoeprincessDined on 8/4/2014I can always come to Katsuya and know I'll be getting my delicious crisy spicy tuna, albacore sashimi, yellowtail sashimi with jalapenos, rock shrimp, crispy brussel sprouts. Every dish is awesome. Great atmosphere and it's fun to be there with friends. A very hip place. I would come back again and again.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The ambiance is really fun. The service was terrible and the food was average.
- WAAAY too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was awesome, and the food was good, but the prices are ridiculous.
- Always dependableGP13Dined on 8/2/2014We had a very tight turnaround as we were seeing a show at Pantages. Got food out very quickly and it was as good as ever. Lobster Dynamite is a favorite and my 13 year old loved it too. Also, we arrived a few minutes after our reservation but called ahead to let them know. We were seated immediately with no problems. Very attentive all around.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014My dining experience was second to none at Katsuya. The atmosphere was great.service was friendly and prompt. Food was just fantastic.it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Cgia1Dined on 7/23/2014O had dinner with my family!! Gerar time and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting sushiDetteerfintDined on 7/22/2014Went there with my wife on a Tuesday night. Ordered a lot of different sushi. Tasted great and got to experience a lot of new "sushi-twists" that we haven´t tried before. Recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the 2 hour drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Because of traffic we were late to our table-reservation, but that was never a problem. Fast and good service. The food came right away after ordering and was really outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater spot!ForrozVIPDined on 7/20/2014We love katsuya for the great food and the convenience to the Pantages theater. Park once and leave your car all night. They will get you out in time ! Thanks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSHI..BOMB.COMLUV2EATDined on 7/11/2014DELICIOUS AS ALWAYS. KATSUYA NEVER FAILS. THEY HAVE THE BEST QUALITY FISH HANDS DOWN... YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH THEM :-) MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN FANS SINCE DAY 1.. THANK YOU SBE FOR SERVING US WELLSpecial Features:
- Great meal... lousy serviceFoody101Dined on 7/10/2014The atmosphere was lively. A great ambience for a romantic meal. The food was excellent, portions are very generous, so be careful not to over order. Would recommend this restaurant but avoid Arthur as your waiter. As we were travelling with our two teenagers, it seems that we were not his type of customers. His service to our table was slow and inattentive. Compared to the service a couple next to us received, you would of thought we were a bother to him. Bad service is one thing, unequal service to tables separated by only 12 inches is unacceptable. Overall this is the kind of Japanese restaurant I do enjoy. The food is on the pricy side, however, I am willing to pay more for creative and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatsuyaSantaladyDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food, great service. Had a great time. Everyone was very helpful. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencejennyjoDined on 7/8/2014Went here prior to show at Pantages. Thoroughly enjoyed our experience - cocktails were tasty and food was incredible. We shared the sampler of their specialty menu items and everything was fabulous - the best I've every had as far a sushi is concerned. It was a fairly pricey dinner but well worth it - would go back in a minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!MaryPatVIPDined on 7/8/2014The Baked Crab Hand Rolls were great, along with the creamy rock shrimp!! The Samurai is a highly recommended cocktail!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticjennefinaDined on 7/4/2014The food was amazing and the service was equally great.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedGourmetsDined on 7/3/2014We ordered the tasting menus and a few of the dishes were good, but not all. The last plate came about 30 minutes after the previous, when we were waiting for dessert. We didn't even have it. Service needs a lot of improvement.Special Features:
- Best pre-theater dining!ForrozVIPDined on 6/29/2014As always, Katsuya doesn't disappoint! We added the the Brussel sprouts to the list of great items, love the sweet touch! The sushi is always fresh and the dishes creative! We'll be back!Special Features:
- My birthday celebration at Katsuyaaliciarodriguez86Dined on 6/27/2014I had a great time having dinner at the Hollywood Katsuya. Service was great. Thank you, Alicia RodriguezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience at Katsuyairish1Dined on 6/26/2014First time in Hollywood, and wanted a nice, delicious dinner. I made a reservation on opentable and was seated immediately. My boyfriend and I were so happy with the service and the food! The atmosphere is different for us, but it was beautiful! The rock shrimp tempura was to die for! You can order as you go so no fear of ordering the wrong amount of sushi. We also tried sashimi for the first time. Our waitress was able to give us great suggestions. I'll definitely be back to visit and eat sushi!Special Features:
- Pretty, noisy, overpricedNotatoughcriticVIPDined on 6/25/2014Beautiful place but pounding overpowered subwoofers drowned out beauty and conversation. Food quite good, service very friendly but lackadaisical. None of the servers cared at all about our experience. Drinks were good and innovative... Once they came. Restaurant trading on its name an choosing to be hip (they are) over good (they're not).
- eurodocDined on 6/24/2014Katsuya always very good. White grapefruit martini and black cod is worse the drive…Miss You in Laguna Beach…It was a great spot. hope You come bak to OC!Special Features:
- Katsuya does it right!Veggie78VIPDined on 6/23/2014Our server was in point and she really made the experience. Everyone in our party loved the food too! From the miso soup, to the veg tempura to the sashimi platter. As someone who doesn't eat fish or meat, I personally was very grateful that they were able to make one of their special rolls with yan instead of crab!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place as always!DarosaGPSVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great place and fantastic food. Fabulous ambiance as always in this restaurant. It's a very kid - friendly restaurant;Special Features:
- Excellent Service and FoodShopGirlDined on 6/21/2014Our server for the night was truly knowledgeable, friendly and made some very good suggestions. I am not a fan of bread pudding normally, but with his enthusiasm, I can understand why...highly recommended. Make reservations in advance since the restaurant does get filled quite quickly between 8-10pm. Good spot to have dinner with the girls before heading out for a night of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumBeachbarbVIPDined on 6/19/2014Had a great meal and would have liked the opportunity to sample more of the choices. I think if we had been seated in a different area, I would have felt better about the ambiance. We were too close to a family of six who talked too loudly to allow quiet conversation of our own. The restaurant is clean and upscale, the food very good...especially the brussels sprouts as an appetizer. I would like to go back.Special Features:
- Delish.kate3Dined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding, and the men were fabulous -- our waitress was okay, but I would have much rather tipped all of the male helpers who came by. They were top-notch! I wasn't a huge fan of the location of where we were seated, especially for the price level, I felt like I was sitting in a diner with the silver chairs and small table -- wasn't the most comfortable thing. But other that that, I'd go back -- but request to sit in a more "warm" area.Special Features:
- Great service, great restaurant!Ehoop20Dined on 6/14/2014Katsuya is definitely one of my favorite spots for sushi in LA! The service could not have been nicer! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiTPW1970Dined on 6/13/2014The best sushi I have ever eaten!! I always s make it a point to eat here whenever I am in So Cal!!Special Features:
- Best Sushi I Have Ever HadwelltraveledDined on 6/13/2014I had Blue Fin Sashimi, and a version of a spicy California roll with Seared Ahi on Top, my daughter had a roll with Shrimp on top - all totally amazing! As a fan of Food Network, you always hear them talk about how in a really good dish, you can taste all the elements without anything overpowering it - this was the first time I have ever had that experience (and I just turned 50!). Some of you may be thinking "he doesn't get out much" - but quite the contrary, I travel extensively (up to one-third of the year), and dine in many upscale restaurants of various cuisines all over the US - this is a stand out - top to bottom. The server was amazing, and if you go - make sure to try the bread pudding desert...you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was greatCherylDined on 6/13/2014My family loved this restaurant. The sushi was very fresh, service was great.Special Features:
- Always a winnerKjsgmaDined on 6/10/2014We dine here every time we go to the Pantages. I look forward to dining here as much as going to the theate. Sushi is as fresh and unique as I have ever eaten. The brussel sprouts are a must, even if you think you hate them. Outstanding and prompt service. Only caution, skip the halibut. It is appetizer sized, but entre priced and you will leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/10/2014I find the food here inconsistent. This time the food was delish! The lamb chops, crispy rice tuna appetizer, black cod, Brussels sprouts-- all were fantastic. The crab hand roll was fine. Our food came out a bit too quickly but our server was friendly and attentive. A great option before a Pantages play.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentabircsakDined on 6/8/2014Staff were great, Food Amazing, and Location Wow!!! Perfect in every way!!!Special Features:
- The Kats MeowjjlevinDined on 6/7/2014Perfect dining experience from start to finish. Our server was superb at guiding our party of 4 to our menu selections. Most items can be shared, and is like ordering tapas.... start with a few dishes and order others as the evening progressesSpecial Features: