Katsuya - Glendale - SBE
702 Americana Way
Glendale, CA 91210Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Katsuya - Glendale - SBE
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.katsuyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8182728035x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Mon-Fri from 11:30am, Dinner Mon-Fri from 5pm, Sat-Sun from 11:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Katsuya's award-winning Japanese cuisine by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Katsuya. Katsuya Glendale accommodates up to 300 guests with on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi, and premium mixology and sake/wine. Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Katsuya - Glendale - SBE
Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck is truly a feast for the senses. With specialty cocktails, unique rolls and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors to the American palate. Signature dishes include Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño and Miso-Marinated Black Cod. With superb talent and exacting precision, Katsuya by Starck is changing the face of Japanese cuisine. Katsuya is the Los Angeles Times Readers’ Choice "Best Sushi Restaurant" in Southern California, and the Glendale location is the recipient of the AIA/LA Jury Award for Restaurant Design.Continued
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
The SLS Las Vegas is now open and taking dining reservations. Your table awaits. Book Now
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Katsuya - Glendale - SBE - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Katsuya - Glendale - SBE reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (15)scenic view (15)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (9)romantic (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Very very averageExpectthebestDined on 8/28/2014Sushi was mediocre and service so so and the waiter never offered to validate our parking ticket. Very nice outside at Americana but not enough to say much about the meal.Special Features:
- It was her birthday....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014...and we had a fantastic time. The Burning Mandarin ( is that the name...after a couple who can remember?!?!?!?!!?).....is the perfect cocktail. And the rock shrimp with the addition of the order of the crispy rice spicy tuna....well, if I'm gonna ever end up on death row.....I know what 3 things I'm planning on ordering!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid friendly??NewMamaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tues is kids eat free. I didn't know. We didn't order anything for the lil one. But next time we will. All rolls delish as expected. Service amazing! Did we get lucky? Well have to try again to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun atmosphereLa1960VIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent and the service as well. Was VERY noisy, but that's to be expected at a shopping center on Bingo night!!Special Features:
- service is the weak linkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food is outstanding, the service lasks synergy. There are s opp many of the staff just standing around. Took 15 minutes to get a waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Can't beat their crispy rice, jalapeno Hamachi, rock shrimp, and spicy edamame. The Watermelon Cucumber Mojito was also excellent. Ask them to make it with your favorite vodka instead of rum -- even better.Special Features:
- A Near MissOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Katsuya during Dine LA and were disappointed in our experience. While our server was charming and eager to please, we had to remind her multiple times to correct mistakes in our order. The food was good but not great. For the prices listed we expected better, both in food and service. We will not be going back.
- unknowledgeable staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2014I booked the restaurant taking advantage of LA restaurant week to celebrate my 1 yr old son's birthday. First of all, Katsuya do not bring out the special menu, only the regular menu. when i ask for the LA restaurant week special, the staff pretended that they don't know what I mean. After they confer with the supervisor, they reluctantly gave us one LA restaurant week manu and asked me to go on a wild goose chase to the Americana customer service to ask for a "red LA restaurant week" coupon before they will accept my order. My parents, wife, are annoyed. the Americana customer service do not know what is the "red coupon" that they are suppose to give me to order the LA restaurant week manu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014over priced, over rated, nice outdoor dining, restrooms are upstairs only has to climb for a long stairs...this place is not recommended for old people specially handicaps...i will only recommend this place because of the outdoor patio seating...Special Features:
- Dine LA weekfoodie2inlaVIPDined on 7/14/2014Katsuya offers good value and tasty meals for lunch this Dine LA season, choose starter, entree and dessert all for $20Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually better service2dinnersDined on 7/3/2014On my recent visit as always thr food was fantastic, but for some reason this night the service of the waiting staff was really off. It took forever to get a waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh mehFeteafeteDined on 7/2/2014Server was BEYOND slow, and then BEYOND rude when we had to get up, track him down and request to place an order after 15-20 minutes sitting at the table. Manager seemed only mildly concerned with the problem. I wouldn't go back to this location.Special Features:
- DisappointedMichelleDined on 6/19/2014Overrated restaurant, food was just Ok, we were not impressed, bad service, waited too long for food and was served one at a time. Servers need training in service etiquette. Did not get my money's worth.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014The food was good, as expected of Katsuya. But the service was really terrible, especially considering how slow/quiet it was that night (Wednesday night at 8:30pm). I would not recommend it.
- Never disappoints...abbalaDined on 6/17/2014The very best, definitely a place to treat yourself to, with friends, or by yourself. Food is outstanding, service is amazing and it's head and shoulders above the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service level was no good !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014I didn't like the service lever , First time at your resturant and was not happy! We were there to celebrate my son birthday , I don't like workers that give u attitude.Special Features:
- Too BusyNewintownDined on 6/7/2014Our server came over and the first thing out of her mouth was "are you ready to order?". No drink orders, no welcome have you dined with us before, no specials, no recommendations. She was in a rush to get us in and out.
- Great menuTrekrdudeDined on 6/4/2014Menu was diverse and offers interesting items not found at most Japanese style restaurantsSpecial Features:
- HostestdineoutlaDined on 5/30/2014The overall experience was fine. This service was great. Had a wonderful evening with wife and kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JerseygalDined on 5/27/2014Food and service were excellent. I wouldn't come before 1 again due to a children's get together right next to the patio with loud kids songs and screaming little ones. Sweet for the kiddies but was kinda noisy. Definitely will be back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No thanks for a great Mother's DaySadmomDined on 5/11/2014This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had at a so called "upscale" restaurant. It took over 10 minutes for us to be acknowledged. The server was too busy to even get our order correct. Never once did our water glasses get refilled. Even though we put our glasses on the corner of the table to signal we needed more water. When we were brought the wrong sushi roll, the server had attitude. We finally got tired of waiting for service so we asked for a manager. She was very unsympathetic and took just as long to get our bill when we said we were just going to leave. She didn't even offer a discount for our trouble. What was supposed to be a fun meal with my family turned out to be stressful and miserable.
- TerribleSeanDined on 5/11/2014The food was absolutely terrible, I'd rather go to IHOP.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner2dinnersDined on 5/10/2014Dining outside was very. The appetizers just kept coming. We tried all of the favourites and were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 527 reviews are from the Katsuya - Glendale - SBE reviews archive.
- service is soooooo badbarabDined on 5/4/2014one of the worst ever services i have ever received. 4 tables around us got seated after us, they got their drinks, got their food and we are still waiting for our food. server was the worst. and after complaining you would think that they would give us anything? nada. this is my second bad experience. i'm done with this place.Special Features:
- Best Waiter. No free parking!!!!AnniversaryVIPDined on 4/22/2014Had lunch service. Our waiter, Daniel was so attentive and friendly we forgave the kitchen sending out the wrong order and time spent to correct it. One of the main reasons we return to this establishment was the complimentary valet parking. To our shock after the wonderful meal and superb service we were told they no longer offer complimentary valet. Gulp! $10 service charge plus tip!!!!!! The Parking info on Opentable site still states free valet service. If I could give separate ratings I would give 5 stars for service (Daniel) and 2(given) for management oversight.Special Features:
- Overjoyed with our experienceantfrog00Dined on 4/20/2014First, let me start and say this was not your normal visit. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary. Little did she know that she would be walking out of there as my fiancé. :-) The staff here at Katsuya at Glendale went above and beyond to make this night magical. From the reservation, coordinating the surprise with myself and family, seating us at the perfect spot so she couldn't see the surprise coming, lighting candles not only on our table but every table, Ally our server being a tad nervous for me, the pastry chef creating a special dessert to die for, helping me stall while part of the surprise was late, mouthwatering food and drinks...the list goes on and on. My fiancé and I loved and are overjoyed with everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty service, great foodjiffypopVIPDined on 4/19/2014I have been here a few times and on this visit I was surprised how casual and out-of-uniform the wait staff looked. It was hard to discern who was a server to be honest. Our waitress was lovely and knowledgable, but it became clear quickly that her section was split and we waited long times between being sat, having our order taken and food served. We gave up on dessert after sitting for 15 minutes and never getting our order taken. I think the food her is superior, and the wait staff is good, but I think management needs to look at how this restaurant is being run. Don't think I would seek out this restaurant again. Certainly not the level of service I would expect from a restaurant at this price point. Felt more like a diner.Special Features:
- Better beforeschulzDined on 4/17/2014Drinks and food were good. Our waiter, David?, was totally expressionless. He seemed cold and distant. Our table was cleared too fast. I still had chopsticks in my hand, for Pete's sake! Let me enjoy my time and meal!Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/17/2014Go to the katsuya in Hollywood. The one at the Americana is a joke. Bad service, very limited menu, but the prices are the same. So, you're better off going to the real deal in Hollywood.Special Features:
- Solidly GoodLuvs2eatDined on 4/10/2014Had unfairly pre-judged Katsuya as an inauthentic, chain-like restaurant. Pleasantly surprised to find it's not. Food was above expectations, ambience on the outdoor patio watching shoppers go by was interesting, service was friendly and eficient, and prices were fair given consideration to what their rent in the Americana must be. All in all, a nice experience. Planning to go again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice surprise!HappybakerDined on 4/8/2014We wen to Katsuya with friends and I was a tad concerned as there had been some negative reviews about the staff and the food. Happily - not our experience at all. Our waitress was stellar and the hostess, sweet. I liked the variety of food choices and, the cocktails were a wonderful surprise. Creative, fresh, unique and tasty, I'd go back just for those!Special Features:
- Great meal at the AmericanaSyllyTDined on 3/27/2014Tapas style dining so it's great for sharing! Sashimi and sushi were outstanding. Highly recommend the Brussel sprouts as an appetizer - so tasty. Great selection of sake too. Outdoor seating provides a great view of the Americana. Staff was very attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterfirstvisitVIPDined on 3/25/2014Food is good but service is poor. The servers are nice but slow, you have to ask for things multiple times and they still forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodyDined on 3/23/2014This place is awesome!! Very unique menu. Crispy rice and frozen beer are a must. Grade A quality ingredients and sushi. Great location as well. Niguel is an awesome host if you're looking for a group party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!SusanSzVIPDined on 3/20/2014Nothing ends the day better than the spicy mandarin cosmo and the crispy rice. Great Happy Hour - very reasonable prices! Good service in a nice location! Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- StressfulFoodieRDined on 3/8/2014We felt like we were @ Denny's , everybody was running around, not a very nice and relaxed dinner experience and we were rushed out of the resturant.Special Features:
- Close to homeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2014Great food and service. Fun outdoor seating where you can enjoy the musical lighted fountains at the Americana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterKEFFDined on 3/4/2014We have been to Katsuya many times, this time on Tuesday night we were disappointed with the food quality. For example: There was waaay too much sauce on the Brussel Sprout Appetizer which is usually a favorite. (we ordered two orders and they were both ruined with sloppy sauce. One of the rolls we ordered was made very poorly, so there were piles instead of slices of the roll. Maybe just an off night and I wish we would have sent the appetizer back but that is always risky so we didn't do that. We would try the restaurant again perhaps in the future.Special Features:
- Im from London, but visitRoxyDined on 2/28/2014Im from London, but visit LA frequently.. I feel like I'm becoming a local at the Glendale spot as its very convenient to catch up with friends and a great place to wine & dine. Love the outdoor seating with the view of the Amerincana fountain, always a lovely atmosphere and friendly staff! Wish Katsuya would come to London soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for people watching!FilipinoFoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014The smaller sized portions are great for gabbing and people watching.Special Features: