Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katsuyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (305) 455-2995
- Hours of Operation:
Opening at 6pm Nightly. Happy Hour from 6pm-8pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Katsuya's award-winning Japanese cuisine by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Eater names Katsuya South Beach one of the HOTTEST Sushi Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Katsuya. Katsuya South Beach accommodates up to 130 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
Katsuya is the Los Angeles Times Readers’ Choice "Best Sushi Restaurant”. Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck South Beach is truly a feast for the senses. With unique rolls and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors to the American palate. Signature dishes include Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño and Miso-Marinated Black Cod.Continued
Go beyond Katsuya’s dining room and experience the sultry award-winning cocktail concoctions of the Dragon Lounge.
Go beyond Katsuya’s dining room and experience the sultry award-winning cocktail concoctions of the Dragon Lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (80)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (64)good for groups (46)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (30)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- grate food!!raviDined on 11/16/2014my wife and i had dinner and drinks everything was grateSpecial Features:
- LaNiCoVIPDined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating an engagement and from start to finish our waitress was great! She was personable, friendly and attentive. At the end she surprised us with a congratulatory dessert. Food was amazing. We have been there before and we will be back. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Tcd2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great ambiance and very good food! The spot to start a night out in SoBe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrustrationCariocaDined on 11/12/2014I was expecting to have excellent food, at same level of Zuma, but it was a frustrating experience. Very expensive restaurant for just a good one, not an exceptional one like Zuma.It is not at level of Makoto either. Very noise and service not very professional.
- Fun place with very good sushisibbearDined on 11/6/2014Cocktails were simply amazing - creative, flavorful and original. Food was very good, but I have had much better sushi at considerably lower prices. Service was great, simply great. A young girl with a slight Slavic accent was probably one of the most professional servers I have met in a long time. She could read the table very well. Positive attitude, not obtrusive, always there when needed, knowledgeable and skilled.Special Features:
- 1st experience great 2nd deceivinghustaDined on 11/5/2014I was there in March and I was then blown away by the sampler plate Omesake...I was dying to go back for my birthday...the plate was deceiving...barely any food on it and $5 more expensive... The atmosphere and the service are outstanding though... I won't probably go back...since I am a foodie and I prefer a restaurant where it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to satisfy my appetiteSpecial Features:
- DisappointingMotorCityMadmannVIPDined on 11/2/2014Went here with high expectations and they were not met, not even close. The food was good but we've had better sushi at much less expensive restaurants. The waitress had zero personality even though the place was dead. We ate quickly and left.
- Great food!!yummmmDined on 11/1/2014never actually tried the hot entrees, but as far as sushi, and the hot appetizers i've tried it all! everything is great, and they have really unique mixed drinks!!Special Features:
- My favouriteKillaraDined on 10/31/2014I've been suggested this restaurant more for the lively atmosphere than the food and... it was a great surprise to discover that Katsuya is now my favourite japanese estaurant in Miami! The food is simply great and the quality is outstanding. the baked crab rolls and his signature roll are sublime. I will be back again Tomorrow night!Special Features:
- Amazing!iLOVEfOOD82111VIPDined on 10/30/2014This is the best Japanese restaurant on miami beach.Special Features:
- MWM1VIPDined on 10/28/2014Lovely food. Gracious server. Fish and seafood were really fresh and delicious. We will return now that we have tried it. Never have gotten around to trying their places in SoCal which everyone I know seems to like.Special Features:
- Eu esperava mais da comidaSobeDined on 10/24/2014O ambiente e serviço são muito bons, mas a comida deixa a desejar, é um lugar bom para beber e bater papo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No NOFoodHunterVIPDined on 10/14/2014Place its ok but everything its overpriced. I paid 200 dollars for 2 people which is ok if service it great and food amazing but this dont have none of them. Service was ok and slow 20 dollars get added automatically to the bill but trust me i had been in way better restaurants than this one and paid less or same food was way better and service outstanding. Table are so close you can clearly hear what the others people are talking about. I just came to try this one but they wont be seeing me around anymore.Special Features:
- Katsuya more show less foodWallyskierDined on 10/11/2014Interesting place to spend time before the long night out, good music, great ambiance but food standard, lower than any expectation. You should imagine a great fantasy chef but, compared with other similar Worldwide restaurants, it misses that fantasy which could give it a quality step up. Good food but without fantasy, few specialities quite common. We should expect more by a well named restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very fun and social scenekrisjmacDined on 10/11/2014Food was awesome too...creative dishes that you dont always find at your standard sushi restaurants.Special Features:
- Good food and great settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Food was excellent but there was a limited selection -- thought there would be more sushi options. Very good service. Great spot for date night. Only down side was that any time a table was seated, the wait staff would yell out a greeting in Japanese. This sometimes deviated from the beautiful and intimate setting. Food portions were small but not unreasonable.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Restaurant in SoBeSushiLoverVIPDined on 10/5/2014This place is incredible! The food is great and the service is better than any place we have been in South Beach. Much better than Morimotos and Nobu if you are looking for good Japanese!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014The sushi was excellent however the hot dishes were salty, especially the veggiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but could be betterNotImpressedDined on 10/5/2014The food was overall very good. Sushi is very fresh and beautifully presented. The steak was undercooked from how we ordered it, but we can eat it rare. I was not happy with the wine list, it was very South Florida generic (catered to the person who knows nothing about wine, nothing special). But I did have a fantastic cocktail, the lotus flower!! The device was fantastic when we first sat down and through the first half of our meal, then as the server got more tables she disappeared. We had to ask someone else for another food item, for the check, our drinks all went empty. Overall, good and we will probably go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food great but loudgoodbutloud1Dined on 10/4/2014The food was ridiculously good but the resturant it's self was loud which was understandable because it was a Saturday night on south beach. There servers were attentive and extremely knowledgeable about the food with great recommendation on what to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushiGoodsushiDined on 9/28/2014It was good overall but not as good as Bazaar in the same building. First time we drank sparkling sake!Special Features:
- Great PlaceThomasVIPDined on 9/25/2014Great great food. Service was excellent too. Could work on their wine list though.Special Features:
- FoodMusicadeclubDined on 9/23/2014The food is great but many noise in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, lacking serviceToniVIPDined on 9/16/2014Can't compete with the LA locations. Different menu. Went 2 nights in a row and the servers are more interested in getting discovered by someone in LA than they are in making your dining experience pleasant.
- TastyBringonthespiceDined on 9/14/2014Very good food, great pacing of courses. Delicious seafood and sushi.Special Features:
- Great food !NoodlesVIPDined on 9/14/2014We went there for dinner, we tried out the Miami Spice Menu, very good food, we really enjoyed it, the restaurant is really nice and the bar outside at the pool also cool for a drink before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Favorite in MiamiSohohousewifeDined on 9/13/2014Katsuya is by far my favorite restaurant in Miami, I never miss out to go here at least once during every staySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We had a few brunches and dinners set up in South Beach this past weekend. I have to say, while our food at the restaurants was all great, the service was awful. The server here was great! Our server Quinn spent time talking through the menu with us and never forgot about us. Great bar scene right outside and we just went right to Hyde Beach after dinner. Awesome dinner spot, would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularsampyDined on 9/13/2014A place to see and to be seen. Fantastic food, beautiful people, elegant and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It would be wonderful if waiters didn't forget the order which was made several times. We asked for sparkling water four times, each time he was smiling and promised to bring it but didn't do it. Had to ask another waiter who was serving the neighbourhood table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbColtonVIPDined on 9/4/2014All around incredible. Great food. Great service. Absolutely loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodTupacDined on 9/2/2014Superb atmosphere excellent food and excellent service . Would definitively recommned it. We did not go on weekends bu week day . Thank yoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Very good food. Japanese fusion was nice. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- terribleMarshtamDined on 8/31/2014Initially got the wrong dishes. None of the dishes came out in sync. The waiter neglected to come check in on us after the runner delivered our food. We waited over 30 min for our dessert, which was just donuts. And then they have the audacity to include gratuity--good thing this can be modified. Worst most overpriced dinner I have experienced in awhile. So disappointing.Special Features:
- Lily1111Dined on 8/31/2014The Cod Miso was fabulous. We had it twice. We were in Miami for 4 nights only and dined twice at KatsuyaSpecial Features:
- Muito agradável, mas caroBetoDined on 8/25/2014O restaurante é agradável, nada demais. A comida é cara pela quantidade das porções, muito pequenas. O black cod é delicioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendTere56VIPDined on 8/24/2014Can't wait to go back and try other dishes. Quinn our waiter steered us in the right direction. Don't leave out the Brussels sprouts!! Incredible experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night ReviewKaiEatsDined on 8/24/2014The service was great and the food delicious except once the server was busy we were left with busboy you cleared when asked not to and did not reset. The server could not split our check which for a 500 dollar plus meal put a damper on the evening with 20 minutes of math to achieve the split check which I'm sure the computer software must be up to par to handle split checks on its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and fun!Funwifee954Dined on 8/23/2014Exceptional service and exceptional food! We will definitely be back :) very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya dinner experiencejjdinnerDined on 8/22/2014Not sure what it was but this Katsuya but it was not as nice or professional in terms of service compared to the LA one. My friends and I went for a birthday dinner and the waitress was rude and didn't take our order for a while. Drinks were light and tables were smushed together. When we entered the restaurant a few min early for our reservation they wouldn't seat us bc they were running beind and finishing a staff training. The staff continued to stare at us making us feel awkward and unwanted. The waitress didn't even recomend any good rolls when we asked. Instead she just walked away saying nothing.The bill was pricey as expected however didn't felt it was worth the money. Bottom line - rude service, cramped quarters and so so sushi.