Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
1701 Collins Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katsuyarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3054552995x
- Hours of Operation:
Opening at 7pm Nightly
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Katsuya Uechi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: sbe Catering offers Katsuya's award-winning Japanese cuisine by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi at any location, for intimate dinners at home, meetings at the office or elaborate parties just about anywhere. Customize your event with tray-passed service, seated dinners or chef’s stations. sbe Catering can do it all! Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
- Entertainment: Eater names Katsuya South Beach one of the HOTTEST Sushi Restaurants in America!
- Special Events: From intimate to grand, let sbe Events + Catering plan your perfect event at Katsuya. Katsuya South Beach accommodates up to 130 guests with design by Philippe Starck, on-site and off-site catering, custom menus by Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi, and premium mixology and specialty cocktails. Visit www.katsuyarestaurant.com or call 323.525.2400 to plan your event today.
A word from Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach
Katsuya is the Los Angeles Times Readers’ Choice "Best Sushi Restaurant”. Featuring the dynamic pairing of Master Sushi Chef Katsuya Uechi and design impresario Philippe Starck, Katsuya by Starck South Beach is truly a feast for the senses. With unique rolls and spectacular sushi and sashimi platters, Chef Uechi skillfully translates Japanese flavors to the American palate. Signature dishes include Crispy Rice with Spicy Tuna, Yellowtail Sashimi with Jalapeño and Miso-Marinated Black Cod.Continued
Go beyond Katsuya’s dining room and experience the sultry award-winning cocktail concoctions of the Dragon Lounge.
Go beyond Katsuya’s dining room and experience the sultry award-winning cocktail concoctions of the Dragon Lounge.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Katsuya at SLS Hotel South Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (93)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (65)good for groups (55)vibrant bar scene (45)romantic (33)late-night find (33)notable wine list (14)neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Very good food, great pacing of courses. Delicious seafood and sushi.Special Features:
- Great food !NoodlesVIPDined on 9/14/2014We went there for dinner, we tried out the Miami Spice Menu, very good food, we really enjoyed it, the restaurant is really nice and the bar outside at the pool also cool for a drink before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Favorite in MiamiSohohousewifeDined on 9/13/2014Katsuya is by far my favorite restaurant in Miami, I never miss out to go here at least once during every staySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We had a few brunches and dinners set up in South Beach this past weekend. I have to say, while our food at the restaurants was all great, the service was awful. The server here was great! Our server Quinn spent time talking through the menu with us and never forgot about us. Great bar scene right outside and we just went right to Hyde Beach after dinner. Awesome dinner spot, would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularsampyDined on 9/13/2014A place to see and to be seen. Fantastic food, beautiful people, elegant and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014It would be wonderful if waiters didn't forget the order which was made several times. We asked for sparkling water four times, each time he was smiling and promised to bring it but didn't do it. Had to ask another waiter who was serving the neighbourhood table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbColtonVIPDined on 9/4/2014All around incredible. Great food. Great service. Absolutely loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodTupacDined on 9/2/2014Superb atmosphere excellent food and excellent service . Would definitively recommned it. We did not go on weekends bu week day . Thank yoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Very good food. Japanese fusion was nice. Service was prompt and friendly.Special Features:
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Initially got the wrong dishes. None of the dishes came out in sync. The waiter neglected to come check in on us after the runner delivered our food. We waited over 30 min for our dessert, which was just donuts. And then they have the audacity to include gratuity--good thing this can be modified. Worst most overpriced dinner I have experienced in awhile. So disappointing.Special Features:
- Lily1111Dined on 8/31/2014The Cod Miso was fabulous. We had it twice. We were in Miami for 4 nights only and dined twice at KatsuyaSpecial Features:
- Muito agradável, mas caroBetoDined on 8/25/2014O restaurante é agradável, nada demais. A comida é cara pela quantidade das porções, muito pequenas. O black cod é delicioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendTere56Dined on 8/24/2014Can't wait to go back and try other dishes. Quinn our waiter steered us in the right direction. Don't leave out the Brussels sprouts!! Incredible experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night ReviewKaiEatsDined on 8/24/2014The service was great and the food delicious except once the server was busy we were left with busboy you cleared when asked not to and did not reset. The server could not split our check which for a 500 dollar plus meal put a damper on the evening with 20 minutes of math to achieve the split check which I'm sure the computer software must be up to par to handle split checks on its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and fun!Funwifee954Dined on 8/23/2014Exceptional service and exceptional food! We will definitely be back :) very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsuya dinner experiencejjdinnerDined on 8/22/2014Not sure what it was but this Katsuya but it was not as nice or professional in terms of service compared to the LA one. My friends and I went for a birthday dinner and the waitress was rude and didn't take our order for a while. Drinks were light and tables were smushed together. When we entered the restaurant a few min early for our reservation they wouldn't seat us bc they were running beind and finishing a staff training. The staff continued to stare at us making us feel awkward and unwanted. The waitress didn't even recomend any good rolls when we asked. Instead she just walked away saying nothing.The bill was pricey as expected however didn't felt it was worth the money. Bottom line - rude service, cramped quarters and so so sushi.
- Best sushi in South BeachHk819Dined on 8/20/2014Love this place. The food is always delicious and fresh. Service is excellent. Staff is very welcoming. Always a great meal and a great time at KatsuyaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked Food ... Shame about WaiterG4LJDined on 8/18/2014Arrived to a lovely welcome. Waiter with attitude did explain the menu well. We ordered drinks whilst deciding what to order. These drinks took almost 20 mins. I chased them after 15 mins and when they arrived, I told the guy how long they'd took and he just laughed ! Nice. Lovely meal however and great ambience in the room. The only other criticism is that the tables are so on top of each other that you can't really talk without the adjoining table knowing your business .. more like a café in this respect which is disappointing considering this place is high end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls niteIslandGaylDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for a girlie get together. Loud so big groups will be hard to communicate. We were 5 and it worked. Food is meant to be shared, so keeping the numbers down helps. Great cocktail selection! Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami26Dined on 8/11/2014It was indeed a great dinner n the decor very nice.Special Features:
- Great mealMichaelDined on 8/10/2014We went for Miami Spice, and I'm glad we did because I might not have tried Katsuya otherwise. Everything was either good or great. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great DinnercastrilloDined on 8/9/2014We have the tasting menu, and all the items where really good. The service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Dinner SuccessNYCBachGirlsDined on 8/9/2014Came here with a group of 4 ladies for a bachelorette dinner. They exceeded all expectations! The service was amazing! The staff definitely went out of their way to make the bride to be feel special. I would 100% recommend this restaurant again to anyone who wants to come for a celebration but also for a nice dinner in general.Special Features:
- jagwVIPDined on 8/8/2014Not so good as others Katsuya we have been (LA and Laguna Beach)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in South BeachNoahDined on 8/8/2014Wasn't my first time, but defiantly the best so far. The service combined with the food made it absolutely exceptional. Everything is served in small servings made to be shared so its easy to order a diverse selection of food. We got about 5 or 6 appetizers and ordered double orders of the spicy tuna crispy rice and the salmon and caviar. Everything was consistently perfect. Our waiter, Kevin, was amazing and helped greatly with our menu choices. Some of the best Japanese food in South Beach, looking forward to dining again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014Incredible food, Spice not sufficient for a full-meal.
- Loved itLAcuquieDined on 8/3/2014Everything was delicious. The appetizers, the beef dish we ordered with wild mushrooms was something else! We really enjoyed our food and we were able to finish our drinks in the bar just outside, super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katsuyaluv2dineVIPDined on 8/3/2014absolutely great.first time there. loved it.. Miami Spice menu got us there , but we will surely go back.servers and busboys were fabulous. very pretty. menu items less expensive then I would have thought. food excellent!!! the only downside is the $30 valet!!!Special Features:
- great south beach experiencecallmefoodieDined on 8/2/2014Good sushi and vibrant scene. Check out the bar upstairs. Waitstaff very friendly and helpful. Great quality. Good drinks.Special Features:
- nice location, great foodnicolasDined on 7/30/2014Food is really good, try as much as you can. Service is very good and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fascinating!ChristianDined on 7/27/2014Very creative, awesome food inspired by modern japanese kitchen and a great variety of different tastes!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High energy atmosphereskateradeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Amazing dinner where 12 of us enjoyed fine sushi and a perfect preparty environment. Beautiful hotel and will definitely be returning to this gem before a night in sobeSpecial Features:
- GreatH533Dined on 7/23/2014Great sushi! Interestingly menu. Try the spicy tuna roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent environmentjackieDined on 7/19/2014Excellent service! Very fine and beautiful people!!! Entertainment from beginning to end! Food amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, seating not idealKAR24Dined on 7/11/2014I had been wanting to go to Katsuya for a while but it had fallen off my radar with the recent surge of new "must try" restaurants. We finally made it this past Saturday with another couple. Although we did have to wait about 25minutes past our reservation, it was worth it because we were able to get an end table. Had we not gotten this table, I would have been extremely upset with the seating..especially when you are at an expensive restaurant. They pack you in like sardines and the restaurant is extremely loud. I couldn't help but look at the other tables and feel bad for them. Overall, a pleasant experience since we got that end table. The brussel sprouts and kobe beef with foie gras are a must!!Special Features:
- Rushing to get us outrestscoutingDined on 7/10/2014At the end of our dinner, staff was eager to get us out of the place. Supposedly they had a big party coming, but there were a few tables empty and they had not the same urgency in cleaning the empty dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatCharlesVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is an interesting restaurant. The design is odd- it's round and the tables are mostly along the curved wall with a few tables and a drink station in the center. This made for a slightly cramped seating, but also created an energetic feel without being too loud. Our server was fine, slightly pushy with the suggestions but that's Miami service. The food was really good but not great. We got a small edamame to start and I wonder what the large looks like, as the small was pretty big and tasted fresh. The wagyu was good as well, not wonderful, and was small but was enough for me when paired with a bowl of rice. My friend got sushi and said it was all good. Overall a very good meal, but maybe a little to funky for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Lenak25Dined on 7/7/2014Love the food and drinks!!!!!!! Come often and love it every time even more. Highly recommend ItSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite miami restaurant!nycfoodie0824Dined on 7/5/2014The food was delicious! The Brussels Sprouts and crispy rice with spicy tuna are a must. The service was outstanding. Our server was very attentive and made great suggestions on what to order. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Disappointed!Hem868Dined on 7/5/2014I have been to Katsuya in LA and was so excited to try the South Beach location. It was nothing like the experience I had previously in LA. The space seems cramped with seating so close I could hardly get into my seat without hitting the table next to me. I had requested a private table far in advance and that was not honored. The atmosphere was a huge turnoff, and I was really let down! On a positive note the food was very good but not good enough to make up for everything else.