Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto
900 York Mills Rd.
Toronto, ON M3B 3H2Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katsurarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (647) 259-3230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Noriyuki Tanahashi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Our private Tatami rooms are the perfect place for a business lunch or dinner or any family gathering & celebration.
- Private Party Contact: David Lo 6472593230
- Cross Street: Don Mills
- Public Transit: Don Mills Subway (Shepherd & Don Mills). Take bus South along Don Mills to York Mills. Hotel is on the corner. York Mills Subway (Yonge & York Mills). Take bus East along York Mills and bus stops directly in front of hotel.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is partially covered by the restaurant when you come in to dine. Present your parking ticket to your server and $2 per ticket will be credited towards your check.
A word from Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto
Katsura located in upscale North York is one of Toronto"s most popular and authentic Japanese restaurants. You can choose from a variety of dining options including Teppanyaki tables, private Tatami rooms, a Sushi Bar and our main dining area. Awaken your senses with the finest in Japanese cuisine at the spectacular Katsura Restaurant located inside of The Legendary Westin Prince Hotel Toronto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto - Best Restaurants in North York ›
Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great family and friends spot The service was attentive not disturbing and the food was fresh and authentic. A great spot for kids. The chefs are outstanding and able to customize special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acceptable but misses the markWashabi7Dined on 10/1/2014Spending more than $300 for 2 people for dinner (with 2 drinks) you would expect to be wowed by the taste, ingredients and visuals of each dish. The food wasn't bad but we were left slightly disappointed as the meal just felt like it missed the mark. Each of us had the 1 of the omakase offerings that were available. Just to point out a couple things based on my ingredients, visuals and taste criteria was their attempt to make a tempura like object that had bland, dry flaky fish and soba noodles embedded in the object that appeared to look like a soba tempura maki. The avocado appetizer salad had an small obvious hole and black mark on the surface of the avocado that was nicely hidden by the "amazing" lettuce you find on ayce salads.
- musicmanDined on 9/17/2014The food and service was excellent and we were seated at the hot table in corner which was very quiet.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/2/2014This has always been our favorite Japanese restaurant -- until this visit. The food quality was mediocre for its price and service was lacking.
- Average food, expensive priceDinnnertoDined on 8/27/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary thinking that it was upscale. The food tasted generic to that of other sit down Japanese restaurants. The service was so unattentive even though the place was empty for lunch.Special Features:
- Great food againTOgalDined on 8/23/2014We keep coming back because of the food...always consistent and excellent. The chefs at the cooking table are fun to watch and make that extra effort when there are children in a party. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Been going for almost 35 yearsPilotlady14Dined on 8/22/2014Place is old fashion, food is okay...lunch only I would suggest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love shabu shabuLoveshabuDined on 8/15/2014However, I feel that the service is not as good. Additionally, not happy that there is a charge for Japanese tea. A few tweaks and I think the restaurant will be as good as before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PerformanceMAXJDined on 8/7/2014Great performance before serving Hitsumabushi was so great. But, original Hitsumabushi (it is my hometown local food) must have additional spice & Japanese soup stock !!Special Features:
- ExcellentNorbridgeDined on 8/3/2014At the Katsura Restaurant, we have always found the food to be authentic Japanese food, and consistently delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katsura has been aroundFoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014for a long time, which should say a lot for a restaurant. I would say the food was exactly as should be expected for good teppanyaki. We chose the Sunday special which was worth the price, you get chicken, beef and scallops of course cooked right in front of you so cooked to your liking. Always entertaining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Shiki-Gozen: iceberg lettuce was pretty poor, not very delicate like a Japanese food should be. We need a more fine touch in every dish. I was not very impressed. I chose Prince because my husband had a wonderful sushi lunch at the counter a few weeks ago. In the old days, we frequented the sushi restaurant on the second floor. We could invite any sushi connoisseur to it from overseas. I was hoping the food was improving but unfortunately was rather disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 133 reviews are from the Katsura - Westin Prince Toronto reviews archive.
- Just OKJasseVIPDined on 7/27/2014We ordered teppanyaki and it was nothing special. The food was quite flavorless and the steaks were cut way to thin to be enjoyable. There are so many teppanyaki restaurants in the area that are of better quality.
- SummerliciousMadeInCanadaDined on 7/18/2014The beef on the summerlicious menu was of a poor quality beef and/or old. As for the rest of the menu, they were perfect. We switched to the sushi bar afterwards and it was some of the best quality sushi we've had. I would definitely recommend Katsura especially the sitting at the sushi bar and enjoying a slow meal with some warm sake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairEaterDined on 7/17/2014The meat required more flavor and there were not enough vegetables for 6 people. When we asked for more red pepper we were charged and also changed extra for bean sprouts. We will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I had not been to the restaurant for 20+ years and had a friend from Melbourne Australia visiting who wanted to have lunch at a Japanese restaurant. We were not disappointed and would return for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Summerlicious menu had very small portions (and I am not one for huge portions). Cod was tasty but rest was so-so. Would not return most likely. Very nice large tables and ambience.
- YummyDined on 7/13/2014Summerlicious dinner , food is good, poor service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Our 'go to' restaurant for special occasions. Can accommodate a large group, the preparation of our meals is the main attraction and the taste and quality at the end of the show is delicious. Always a wonderful visit and this time the teppanyaki tables were all full but the noise was not an issue at all and the bonus was watching the 'volcano' a few times.Special Features:
- Not Teppanyaki but stir fryLisaDined on 7/9/2014Summerlicious manual, Miso soup, scallop and shrimp entry and pear sobert dessert. Not the best teppanyaki we had in GTA and the dessert is not impressive at all. Won come againSpecial Features:
- great food as always...VeryFrequentTravellerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Steak and lobster teppanyaki were amazing.... cooked to perfection for our party of 6Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014Sushi was way overpriced. Server was covering too many tables. $160 for a couple of platters with drinks is nuts
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We first went to the Katsura on our honeymoon over 35 years ago. The service and especially the food has remained exceptional. One of the reasons why we have kept coming back. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Mr and Mrs E ChislettSpecial Features:
- WolfDined on 6/10/2014Enjoyed dinner at the teppanyaki table with client who had never seen the "show" before except in the movies. Excellent atmosphere to talk privately. Highly recommended. The banana crepe was a perfect way to end the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be going backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/9/2014Went with a party of 9 to celebrate my moms bday. Service was very slow even though restaurant was not busy as it was a Monday night. Had eaten there in past and food was decent but this time it was just place bad - chicken was extremely dry and tasteless - steak was also not juicy and tempura was worst I have had. Considering the prices of the restaurant - a lot more is expected into quality of ingredients and execution of preparation.
- luv2dineDined on 5/30/2014We keep going back. Nice ambiance, great food and great service.Special Features:
- a place to impress your associates.rhatsDined on 5/16/2014Great service, good selection of sushi and tempura at the sushi bar, or fine dining tables. Chef tables are very entertaining. A different dining ezperience with a lot of different choices of dining.Special Features:
- AZWSuperstar88Dined on 5/7/2014Very pricy but overall good good quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOgalDined on 5/7/2014As usual we had a great meal and good service! This is why we keep coming back to Katsura and recommend it to friends. We love the cooking tables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SushiGastroDined on 5/1/2014Chef's Choice Sushi is the best. Fresh and more variety of sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Many other Japanese restaurants are smaller and may not as quiet but food, that is the main concern for customers, were well below my expectation. Very disappointing. I don't think I will go there again.Special Features:
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Thank you so much for a wonderful dinner and for the special birthday dessert. I especially would like to thank you for contacting us when finding my daughter's purse we had left behind. A delicious dinner, well worth going.Special Features:
- Come Hungryrayray14Dined on 3/23/2014We came here for the Teppanyaki Sunday Special... SOOO much food. Excellent - but no one in our family could eat all of it. We did however order sushi as well and in hindsight, we didn't need it (it was delicious though!) Our cook was excellent at cooking but probably could have done with a little bit more 'flair' as you typically want to see them a little more interactive and exciting - at least thats what we thought. Still - an excellent night out, great food, and some place where we'll be back. Quick note - if you're booking through opentable and want the Teppanyaki, make a note of it in the special requests. This was recommended to us from the hostess.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentScarbFoodieDined on 3/16/2014Food is consistently excellent. Service was prompt, friendly & attentive. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!! & FAST!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2014My husband and I had a long-overdue lunch date. We used to lunch at the Katsura often years ago and loved it then. We hadn't been there (or anywhere) for lunch in a long time. We decided to go there for lunch today and I have to tell you, the food was AMAZING! We ordered the "Lunch Special" which was a great value at $29 pp includes two apps, entre and green tea ice cream for dessert. Perfect atmosphere! The music was a little loud and when we asked to have it turned down they had no trouble accommodating! It was an absolute pleasure to eat there and we'll definitely be going back and it won't be long either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We felt that our server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014We felt that our server was not attentive enough to the nuances of our lunch discussion. Perhaps they need to be better trained on when is an appropriate time to interrupt the table conversation. Our waiter didn't seem to be aware - stopping us mid-conversation. Not a huge deal but at a restaurant of your quality and reputation, frankly our expectations were higher.Special Features:
- Good Birthday Dinner ChoiceDowntownDinerDined on 2/23/2014Our group (4 adults 3 kids) was there for my 11-yr-old's birthday. We picked Sunday for their $37 teppanyaki special. It was fairly quiet, despite the six other groups in our area. The service was impeccable. It was a bit of a wait from when we got there to the appearance of our salads, but after that everything came smoothly. The kids enjoyed watching the chef juggle peppermills and make an onion volcano. It wasn't as corny as I remembered (no shrimp flipping) but still fun. Not everyone wanted all the vegetables that come with the special, (onions, zucchini, bean sprouts, mushrooms) but they took what they liked. I find teppanyaki a bit bland, though it suited the kids' (and my dad's) palates, plus the dipping sauces helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014It is not a suitable place for a person who knows Japanese food very well. Just for a person do not know Japanese food. As a Japanese restaurent, the waiter's finger is not allowed touching the rice.
- Not worth to revisitmeithaiheDined on 2/12/2014Too noisy, food is so and so. Compare to other places we visited during winterlicious, this is not as good. Parking lot has a inconspicuous sign saying report to restaurant for parking above the pay for parking meter. No one would know for the 1st time and when spoke with hostess, was told that "now you know, so next time".!!!!!
- Acceptable but nothing specialFoodLoverVIPDined on 2/6/2014We found this place through the Winterlicious event hoping it will showcase their special menu. It turned out the menu is a Teppanyaki dinner, which is run of the mill food. They did have a special appetizer being a lobster roll. But it only came in the middle of our dinner so we are kind of full already before tasting it. The roll is freshly made and it uses a full lobster tail, so not too bad.Special Features: