Katie's on Shore Road
261 Shore Road
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Katie's on Shore Road
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katiescafeonshoreroad.com/menu.html
- Phone: 2076412780
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday : 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Grant
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Chef Jason Grant can cater anything from a dinner for six to a wine or beer dinner where the dishes are specially selected to complement the wines or beers to be sampled to a wedding reception for 100. The key to all such catering events is the intelligent selection of the finest ingredients. Catered events require thoughtful preparation and planning and as much notice as possible should be given Chef Jason.
- Private Party Facilities: Because Katie"s is located in a century-old home, we have the option of closing off a room or a porch for the exclusive use by private parties ranging from 10 to 25 guests. Very occasionally, Katie's will close the entire restaurant to accommodate a group as large as 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Chef Jason Grant 2074232307
- Entertainment: Occasionally, Katie’s will have a local musician play an acoustic guitar or have similar entertainment
- Cross Street: Stearns Road
- Public Transit: During the season, Katie’s is on the Ogunquit Trolley line on Shore Road which stops at the corner of our property.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Katie’s has parking for 14 cars in its private lot. During the height of the season, nearby patrons are encouraged to walk to Katie's from nearby public parking lots as well.
A word from Katie's on Shore Road
Katie’s is a casually elegant restaurant and lounge. Although we are in the vacation destination of Ogunquit, Katie's is anything but "tourist-y". Situated in a century-old house midway between downtown Ogunquit and Perkins Cove, Katie's is a perfect respite from the hustle and bustle. Chef Jason Grant changes the eclectic menu every day, adding what is finest and freshest from the local farms and purveyors. The secret of Katie's is in the simple preparation of the freshest ingredients. Known for its delightful appetizers, salads and soups, Katie's divides it entrees into small plates and large plates. Each is an entree-sized portion. The small plates are more in the European tradition where the entree follows an appetizer, soup, and a salad; while the large plates are more in the American tradition where the entree can dominate the meal. At Katie's, each of you can select the tradition that appeals to you at that time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Katie's on Shore Road reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not goodPipesDined on 10/13/2013The food here was a disappointment I ordered the ribeye it was over cooked and under seasoned . The Peruvian potatoes were dry ,bland and tasteless . My wife got the seared scallops they were also over cooked and the rissoto was gummy. The waitress was nice and the setting was fine but the food lacked quality for the prices.
- Poor PlanningGeorgeDined on 10/12/2013First let me say Anya is the best, We were 6 guest all have been there several times. Saturday night will go down as a very big disappointment. Three guest ordered from the A-La-Carte menu 2 NY strips 1 Veal Chop. we were asked to choose two sides but no potatoes were available because they were running low and serving them with a fish dish!! How does a establishment run out of a simple thing like a potatoes? if you are low go to the village market and buy a 5 pound bag. I also will say the Steaks and Veal chop were the most expensive items on the menu. Just poor planning for a restaurant of this caliber.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie's is greatPjljjDined on 10/10/2013Everything was great about Katie's , starting with the bartender in the lounge to our waitress to the outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday restaurantNew2usDined on 10/6/2013Excellent service, nice intimate quiet seating, limited menu but food exceeded expectations. Great place for special occasions, pricey for everyday dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do it!Wild1BillDined on 10/6/2013Katies was wonderful. We brought friends who were visiting from away and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st Visit!Pony54tailDined on 10/5/2013My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 1st dinner at Katies this weekend. We were seated promptly and our server was most gracious and friendly. We were in and out in just over 1 hour..plenty of time to enjoy the rest of our evening in Ogunquit. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for special occasionKaiserw1972Dined on 10/4/2013From the host to the bar and bartender to the chef and waiter, the experience was great. Everyone enjoyed the food, wine, drinks!Special Features:
- Very NiceVirginiaVIPDined on 10/2/2013We dined in October when things aren't too busy and had a wonderful dinner. Hannah waited on us and really made us feel at home and gave great attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our AnniversaryMattODined on 9/20/2013We were looking for a nice and romantic place to spend our anniversary, and Katie's was the perfect choice! The salad was just the right amount, and the entrees were filling. However, the best part of the meal was (maybe due to my sweet tooth) was dessert! We had Snickers Creme Brulee (it was to die for!) and Blueberry Shortcake which was mouth-watering. Would definitely recommend to anybody who wants a romantic evening in a quiet and cozy restaurant.Special Features:
- Katie's is Still a Delight!!GAC63Dined on 9/20/2013Each year we travel to Ogunquit, dine at Katie's and ask for the corner table. The mango gazpacho was flavored with lime and it was one of the best soups ever! The lobster macaroni and cheese was just as good as the lobster ravioli, so we shared our meals. The portions were generous and we thought the price was very fair for the portions. Our blueberry shortcake had a homemade bisquit, but the blueberries (canned?) were a little too sweet for my liking, but it still tasted great. Our server was so attentive and the owner stopped by to greet us with a big hello.....very appreciative of our patronage. Please give this gem a try during your next visit to Maine and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time, well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2013Very good dinner and a nice homey setting. Food was very good and the blueberry shortcake was fantastic. Service was a bit slow but tolerable. Would definietly return to Katie's next time in OgunquitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed reviewsCampDined on 9/18/2013We dined here twice while on vacation. The first time was on a Sat night-excellent waitress,great service & food. The next time was on Wed night-we had reservations for 5:15 . We arrived at 5 & were told by a waitress that new menus were still being printed & we could wait in bar & have a drink-complimentary. At 5;45 we were still in bar & went to check on situation & found other diners had been seated-they forgot us! The early bird special had 2 items-steak or eggplant-they ran out of pork tenderloin. We ordered & finally received our meals at 7:00! My husband enjoyed the steak,my Mom didn't eat her eggplant & it was removed from the bill. I couldn't believe the difference in the 2 nights-maybe a better crew on the weekends. Awful service!
- SuperbFoodjunkieDined on 9/13/2013Great food ,people and service. Will definitely return again and again and....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceeasydoesitDined on 9/9/2013We were a party of 4 and we were seated right away, service was friendly and prompt. Food was great and flavors were perfect. We each left there satisfied and happy to know we are planning to go again when we return next year. Thank you!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitRichardsfriendsmotherDined on 9/7/2013Our son recommended we dine here. All staff was super friendly and attentive. Meal was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time at katie'smitchs17Dined on 9/6/2013Second time at Katie's and the food was very good again. Nice quitter restaurant with friendly staff almost at Perkins cove. Parking was no problem at all and location was perfect. The service was a little on the slow side but didn't mind because the food was so good. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Ogunquit dinnerfoodieDined on 9/4/2013We enjoy this restaurant for the creative starters and main dishes and the interesting blend of flavors. It is also the right size for a comfortable relaxed dining experience. The service was very helpful in describing the various dishes so we could make the right choice. The setting is relaxed but the service is professional and warm and at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful spotBillVIPDined on 9/1/2013Katie's gave us a lovely night out, window seat as requested, very friendly maitre d', server friendly and efficient, nice atmosphere, and best of all delicious food. We shared a Caesar salad and both had scallops on risotto with glasses of wine. Just what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/1/2013Great service, with a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Good cocktails and nice ambience, but food was very disappointing, especially at these prices. I had the halibut and it was completely dry and overcooked. Shouldn't a Maine shoreside restaurant know how to cook seafood? My husband had whipped potatoes with his steak and he said the potatoes tasted like instant. We visit this area about once a month, but we will not go back to Katie's.
- We visit Ogunquit every yearflissDined on 8/31/2013We visit Ogunquit every year and make it a point to dine at Katie's. Food is of good quality, staff is polished and pleasant. On this holiday weekend there were several large parties. The interior has hard surfaces;, there is not much diffusion of sound and large parties increase the noise level. Unfortunately on this visit we were first seated in a small alcove next to a loud party of four. Upon our request, we were moved to another area. While this was a more spacious area, a table of 10 was quite boisterous. Our server even had trouble being heard and ruefully acknowledged the problem. Next time we will request a table on the porch which does not accommodate large parties and is quite romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceRedRoosterAwesomeVIPDined on 8/31/2013The service was extremely slow. The tables are packed side by side and can be difficult to get up while the other table(s) are occupied. My food was overcooked. The other members of my party did enjoy their food.
- Really nice placeFLLdinerVIPDined on 8/26/2013We debated about canceling but so glad we kept our reservation. They had parking (a luxury in Ogunquit); The place was nice and laid back but with great menu and service. Had the duck. Such a pleasant change from all lobster all the time. Service was relaxed and happy/concerned for our needs. A really great place. Recommend highly.Special Features:
- Superb service, OK food.RussellDined on 8/25/2013In an area where there are many so-so restaurants, Katie's stands out. Get there early since parking is limited and snag one of the window tables. Although we were not blown away by the food, the whole package is definitely one of the better choices in Ogunquit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/24/2013Everything about our experience was outstanding. We can't wait to return. The chef is a creative genius.Special Features:
- Would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2013Far from the bustle of downtown Ogunquit, a great place for a nice quiet dinner with excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in OgunquitJaneVIPDined on 8/22/2013We spent four nights in Ogunquit and the best dinner by far was at Katie's. The food was well prepared and inspired, service was attentive, and the ambiance was perfect. The tables were far enough apart for privacy, the noise level was limited, and you didn't feel as though the maximum number of tables were forced into a limited space such as at MC Perkins. We hope that this restaurant makes the cut so that we can return next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful visit4kidsphewDined on 8/21/2013I had been to Katie's on Shore Road in Ogunquit a couple of years ago and had been asked by a group of friends if I knew of a good place to go before going to the Ogunquit Playhouse. Love your site, worked like a charm. Arrived at Katie's and was greeted at the door, they acknowledged the fact that we had time constraints because of the musical and seated us immediately- we had 2 lovely girls waiting on us and we never had to look for them. The menu is quite extensive for such a quaint little place and we all had a difficult time choosing what we wanted. We finally did choose and we were all very happy with our choices, Food is delicious, service is outstanding , location fantastic. Summer in Maine, priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be returning...PearlchDined on 8/19/2013Tasteless overlooked, over fried trout, gray duck with gummy grain, rock hard vegetables with the pork, salad with overacidic, no blueberry hint at all. Lobster Mac decent. Has gone way down hill from one year ago - maybe why the place was empty at 8 pm the third week of August?
- DisappointedTriedagainVIPDined on 8/19/2013Maybe we had an off night... EVERYTHING was over cooked. Ate there last year and it was excellent but this time was actually pretty bad. My wife's crab cakes were like briquettes and my scallops appeared blackened and tasteless. Bone marrow was so over cooked that there were no solids left in it...just oil. Smallest lobster I ever saw on the seafood trio...thought it was a crayfish.
- Enjoyable!Bankermom201Dined on 8/17/2013Went to Katie's for dinner with my husband and 2 teenagers. Everyone loved their food. Lovely corner table on the porch and excellent service. Only negative was a table of 3 ladies next to us that were overly loud, which made it very difficult to converse. Another table actually shushed them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd year I have kicked offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/20132nd year I have kicked off my restaurant dining in Ogunquit at katie's love it. Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie's is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2013We had reservations but arrived about 10 minutes early. We were offered a table right away but we did not like where it was and asked for another choice. There were none available and we went to the bar and struck up a conversation with another couple. A few minutes later the hostess finds us and tells us our table was ready. She saw we were in conversation and said she would hold the table for us. We finished our drinks and went to our table with a nice view of the quaint street and pedestrians. We each had a caesar salad that was very good and our entree was a seafood trio of grilled lobster tail, roasted cherry stone clams, Katie's crab cakes & summer risotto, all excellent. In short great food, cocktails and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary delight, quiet, ++serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Great location near Perkins Cove. Parking can be difficult. Quiet, clean and simple decor. Server calm, experienced and professional. Food interesting and delicious. Was there last year and the experience then was marred by a very young,inexperienced and inappropriate server. Totally different this time. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie's in OguinquitHenryDined on 8/16/2013Delicious food, great, attentive service. Reasonably priced for the quality. Well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best In Ogunquit1toughcookieDined on 8/15/2013Great Job again! we have been here 3 times in the last year and consider our Katie's dining experience the best in Ogunquit! We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Dining at Katie'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2013My husband disliked the trout. The skin was on top with the tartar sauce over everything. Too much work getting the skin off.y duck was good but not hot enough.
- Girls' Night OutmjmaineDined on 8/14/2013Four of us went to Katie's for our semi-annual Girls' Night Out. We split 2 appetizers and 2 desserts and everyone ordered her own entrée. The bread was excellent, I could have eaten just that and been happy. The service was very good, the timing of the food was very good. I gave it 4 stars and not 5 because the beans were not cooked enough for my taste and some of the pork was overcooked. Overall, it was an enjoyable evening..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/14/2013Wonderful and in walking distance of all of Ogunquit! Very friendly staff. Food is wonderful. The Lobster Mac & Cheese is what they're known for, but they have many wonderful dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceJena16Dined on 8/12/2013I was incredibly impressed when I walked into the restaurant and the waitress I had the prior year remembered me (and I remembere her)! The service is outstanding at Katie's and in an incredibly busy town at the height of tourist summer season, Katie's is a little oasis. I always get the lobster Mac and cheese, but it was just average this year. My mom started with the Panko eggplant and only ate half. I later ate her leftovers and it was just average. I order the seafood special and was incredibly disappointed that the crab cakes were slightly burnt. The rest of the special was good and my mom loved her steak. We will be back, but hope the food can improve!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread was the best!rosesbluesDined on 8/9/2013I have to say the best part of our meal was the great bread and the garlic dipping oil. My friend had the lobster mac n' cheese and loved it. I had the scallops which were good but I was not impressed with the risotto nor the roasted corn topping. I think both should have much more flavor. Our server was great and we enjoyed our meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.