Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
1550 Court Place
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.katiemullens.com/
- Phone: 3035730336
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Tristan Schmidt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Irish/American cuisine.
- Entertainment: Live music patio (Friday Happy Hour). Friday and Saturday night 9.30pm to close
- Special Events: We can cater for all parties! No party is too small. Our indoor capacity is 566. We have various semi-private areas. No reservation fee, no booking charges, no deposit required. Contact: Caroline Collins to discuss - Telephone: 303.573.0336
A word from Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub
Katie Mullen's is a uniquely Irish Bar and Restaurant encompassing four bars and four themed experiences spanning over 11,500 sq feet. Katie Mullen's brings an inventive yet traditional mix of Irish and American cuisine and prides itself on quality food, drink and customer service. With seating for over 550 people and showcasing the largest patio on 16th Street Mall, Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant and Bar provides the ideal setting for all occasions from business lunches to family celebrations to large corporate events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Happy Hour!FoodloverDined on 8/30/2014The patio is a wonderful place to people watch. A large whiskey and scotch list, great beer choices and a special happy hour menu!Special Features:
- Patio Service no goodKimberDined on 8/29/2014Patio service was no good. My party sat for 20 minutes while the server walked around to all the other tables and didn't even give eye contact. When we tried to get her attention she would rush away or turn around. We moved inside and then had the greatest experience ever! I wish I remembered the name of our server inside, she was amazing and had only been working there a few days. The start wasn't good, but the ended on a high note.
- Business MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014We had lunch and a business meeting. We were there for four hours and could not have asked for a better table or service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday quietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant was very quiet when we were there, but it was 11:00 on a Sunday morning, so it would probably be livelier at a later time. However, it was great for conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1234annDined on 7/29/2014Dana was the best and the food and service could not beat anyplace else. We went for our anniversary and every staff member we met wish us a happy anniversary even when we left the hosted told us. It was a great evening and we will be backSpecial Features:
- Katie's at dinnerwineryDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed lunch so much that we came back for dinner. Irish stew! Great!Special Features:
- Katie's at lunchwineryDined on 7/20/2014Irish Fish and Chips done the way it should be. Great!Special Features:
- bhenceyDined on 7/16/2014Not really much on the menu that said "Irish Restaurant and Pub." Not a bad place, but more like a chain sports bar.
- Lots of fun...JimboVIPDined on 7/5/2014Went there with a party of 17 and had a great time. Our waitress added to our good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Irish pub experienceLuv2eatDined on 7/3/2014If you want great food at a great price, visit Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant and Pub. The Irish Stew was delicious with generous portions of lamb. Large variety of beers and well drinks to please everyone's taste. I would definitely return to try more dishes. Staff helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great escape for lunchTuff2pleaseDined on 6/19/2014I took a new client there for lunch on a Friday afternoon. It was quiet enough so that we could speak and hear each other. The service was fantastic and the food was even better! I have found my new lunchtime getaway. I also noticed the available libations,making this a destination, the pub, a place that I look forward to going to after a long day at work! I recommend Katie Mullens to all! I will let everyone in my office know about my wonderful experience including our service, fast and tasty lunch the ambiance, staff, and cleanliness.to those within walking distance this is the place to go for an all around escape for luck or after work treat, I imagine happy hour to be as good as lunch! Order a cold beer for me and tell them I sent you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatOutAlotVIPDined on 6/4/2014The food was alright but over seasoned. What you would expect from a bar. Not a place for a foodie but decent. Not many beers on draft which was odd for an Irish pub.Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant & Pub reviews archive.
- Fun Irish PubDenverDinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014We've been here often, and it's a great place for drinks and dinner on a Friday night. They have cider on tap, and their Irish specialties are fantastic! (One of us always gets either the Bangers and Mash, the Irish Stew, Fish and Chips or the Boxty; yum!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Mothers Day OutingdenverVIPDined on 5/11/2014We went to Katie's for Mother's Day. IT was snowy outside but the food was warm and comforting and the service outstanding. It was a perfect choice.Special Features:
- Love Katie'sscotsirishterryDined on 5/3/2014My husband recently received his Master's and we wanted a fun place to have lunch. Katie's has a great menu and good selection - ranging from light fare to full entrees. Great desserts if you still have room...and of course beer. Irish beer. Music is sometimes a bit loud but what do you expect, it's an Irish pub. Daytime is quieter than evenings. Difficult to get in to on weekends but live band and a hoot! Really fun, and good food.Special Features:
- I read the reviews and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014I read the reviews and was excited to go to an Irish bar in Denver. I got there and was seated in a good spot, but I had a hard time getting served. I guess single diners aren't really welcome. The service was awful. I will say the ambiance was great and so was the food. I was looking forward to eating and listening to Irish/Celtic music but all they played was classic rock. I was very disappointed and wish I had eaten elsewhere.Special Features:
- Food was very good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Food was very good and the service was excellent. Our waiter recommended the fried bread pudding and boy were we glad he did! It beats regular bread pudding hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014What a fun and authentic pub! The food was excellent. I am a shepherd's pie connoisseur, and this is the finest I've ever had! Our waitress was perfect--awesome recommendations, wonderful timing. Excellent meal all around.Special Features:
- Our server Kelsey was verymtat9059Dined on 3/21/2014Our server Kelsey was very nice and took care of us. Excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One BadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014I have eaten there many times and the experience has been great, but the last time the food was just ok and the prices way too high for what we go . The music was WAY TOO LOUD !!!! Could not hear anything but the music. I'm hoping it was just one bad experience. If I have a similar experience next time, I will not keep it on my "A" list.Special Features:
- special occasionmi17dinDined on 3/14/2014Restaurant was able take reservation for group on busy holiday wknd. I was afraid this place like many others would be too over crowded, or the service would be lacking due to the busy holiday. They had our table ready and waiting, our waitress was friendly and we never waited for service. Not too crowded, not empty. We were sat right away. Great atmosphere, service, food, prices. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit on 03/07/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014This is the 2nd or 3rd visit to this restaurant. On 03/07/2014, our waitress was inpatient and rude. We could not get water from her. She seemed rather agitated that we did not order more alcohol during happy hour. Not a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Service and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014My boyfriend and I tried Katie Mullens during Restaurant Week in Denver, and we have absolutely no regrets! The dimmed, yet relaxing ambiance was perfect for an intimate dinner and service was fantastic. We both tried the Murphy's Red on tap and it was great! Guinness French Onion Soup as an appetizer was fantastic! My boyfriend ordered the lamb skewers, which were tender and juicy, and I ordered the Pork Chops, which were smothered in a mango chutney that was perfectly sweet and savory. For dessert we tried the Fried Bread Pudding and it was phenomenal. I only rate a 4/5 because the dishes were rather pricey considering how cheap the sides would truly cost. Overall we had a fantastic experience and will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie's came throughForeverFoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2014I found Katie Mullen's on OpenTable as I was both in Denver and hungry for some Irish food. I walked the short distance from the hotel to Katie's to find a restaurant that had excellent decor and was moderately busy for lunch. After a very brief wait, I was seated by a window. I proceeded to order Scotch eggs, the chicken and bacon boxty, and some beer for lunch. The Scotch eggs were made perfectly. I chose the boxty for the main item because I wanted to try to traditional Irish food. Well, I wasn't disappointed! The chicken and bacon boxty was excellent and immediately made me want to try to make this myself at home. I also tried two beers, the Katie Mullen lager and a Boddington. Both very good. The service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Katie Mullen'slcoolVIPDined on 2/18/2014The Salmon (with beets) Salad is really wonderful. The salmon is grilled and hot and the combination of ingredients in the salad is very balanced and good. My friend thought it was one of the best salads she had gotten in a long time. The noise level was moderate so we were able to converse without shouting. I like the décor with all the dark wood. Another item I love at Katie's is the Irish Stew; consistently delicious and not something you find at other restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great... Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Appetizer was Potato cakes... I liked it, my girlfriend did not She got a salad, rocket salad, basically fruit and salad, not bad I got the Shepard Pie... Amazing! Loved it Local Lager was very tasty and the pomragrante martini was killer For dessert, the chocolate martini was a great way to end the meal. Overall great place and would go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish was over cooked and wasBostonJimDined on 2/14/2014Fish was over cooked and was probably cooked in old oil. Service was slow even though the restaurant was less than 50% full.Special Features:
- Not Impressed with Katie Mullen'sdatenightDined on 2/14/2014While the restaurant's décor was very good, the service was terrible (bordering rude), the heat was up way too high (several customers were complaining), the food was overpriced and not that good. Very disappointed.
- First timeFlashDined on 2/14/2014Went here for dinner on Valentine's Day. Seated right away in an area away from the bar which was nice and quiet. Server was attentive and made good reccomendations. Food was really good. Irish stew for her and fish and chips for me. Will go back.Special Features:
- All Around Awesomejd43Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to KM's 3 times and I've had 3 different Irish dishes that you won't find anywhere else. Every one is a winner. My wife loves it because they have Smithwick's on tap and we haven't seen that anywhere else in Denver. The last time we visited, the chef stopped by our table to see how things were and that's always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place ok foodMarkDined on 1/24/2014cool irish bar,very comfortable. food was ok,not much attention to detail.cold fries,soup was to spicy,not enough meat in my sandwich.Special Features:
- Great Irish pub in downtown Denver.MidnightSolaceDined on 1/21/2014Katie Mullen's is one of the tastiest and different restaurant experiences in Denver. The beer selection is great (though, really, why would you order anything not make by Guinness?) and the food is delicious and something you can't quite get at other restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night, service was a bit slowLorraineDined on 1/10/2014We were celebrating a family birthday with a party of 8. The restaurant was reasonable full, but not packed with people waiting, yet service was pretty slow, especially toward the end of the meal. We had to flag down our waiter several times after waiting for refills, to order dessert, etc. Since we were also going to a movie, we had to really rush through dessert and were later than we wanted to be for the movie so we couldn't all sit together. The food was great and we had a good time overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceDine4funDined on 1/10/2014My work has visited this restaurant on several occasions for group lunches. They are the quickest, most accommodating restaurant that I know of. They tailor to flexibility, for example, when team members need to leave early and get a check straight away. Accuracy is always spot on, drinks refilled promptly, friendly staff, everything you would want. Food is delicious!Special Features:
- New Years EveCP13Dined on 12/31/2013Came here for New Years dinner. Even with the crowds, the food was hot and served quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to ring in the New YearDeniseDined on 12/31/2013We wanted a place that was lively yet warm and inviting, and Katie Mullins was perfect. Service was as expected on a holiday, a little slow, but we were in no hurry. A few of us enjoyed the healthy serving of fish and chips. And you couldn't pick a better place for viewing the fireworks... right outside the door!Special Features:
- We picked it because it isJonNDined on 12/22/2013We picked it because it is near DAM and there were nine of us, we all fit around one big table so it turned out perfectly. We all like Irish food and the table looked like a good variety of their menu selections. Noise level is a bit high but it didn't matter. We had a great time and will return. Service and staff were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmm even the bread is fabimask8rDined on 12/20/2013I ordered Irish stew and was not disappointed, in fact I ended up taking home a loaf of the brown bread. My husband liked his sandwich and we were served quickly. Nicely done!Special Features:
- I don't remember our serversTinaDined on 12/12/2013I don't remember our servers name; but she had an Australian accent. She was wonderful, she is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's going on?YumsterDined on 11/27/2013Made a rez, arrived on time... No one came to seat us... We sat down... No one brought us menus... Waited a few minutes... No one asked if we wanted drinks... So we left. Not a lot going on, but for a fairly early Wednesday night, kind of weird.