Kate Mantilini - Beverly Hills
9101 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Kate Mantilini - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.katemantilinirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 310-278-3699
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Lewis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Kate Mantilini Catering has been open for over a year. We have catered many private dinner parties outside the restaurant, real state open houses, in-office catered lunches, and entertainment industry premiere events. Michael Hollingsworth directs our catering team. His experience spans over 25 years. He will prepare any cuisine you would like. We have done Kates' menu as well as Thai, Italian, French.
A word from Kate Mantilini - Beverly Hills
Celebrating 26 years, Beverly Hills' original business lunch spot and late night destination, Kate Mantilini continues to be the meet-in-the-middle restaurant for all of LA. All your favorite’s Chicken Pot Pie, New York steak, Fish & Chips, Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes along with modern choices make up the large familiar comfort food menu at Kate’s. With a full bar and open for late night dining, Kate Mantilini is the perfect post theater, late supper destination. Family-run, their professional front of house staff will treat you like a regular by your 2nd visit, with large private booths, a garden patio or bar side seating, we have your table waiting for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kate Mantilini - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (10)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Too bad this location closedSBfoodieDined on 6/14/2014I went on the last day at this location. Have been here several times over the years & was disappointed to hear they would be closing this location (Beverly Hills). The menu has a huge selection, which never disappoints. Had the meatloaf with kale on the side, delicious! Kudos to all the staff for their years of great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will miss KatePetuniaDined on 6/12/2014We will miss Kate Mantillini. Great times, food and wonderful memories.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014A great neighborhood spot with good, good food that we're going to miss, terribly.Special Features:
- Kate Mantilini Beverly HillsAlex974Dined on 6/7/2014We will miss Kate's presence & it breaks our hearts. We sincerely hope that the Lewis brothers are able to locate another venue somewhere in the Beverly Hills environs to re-open sometime soon. You are IRREPLACEABLE!!!!!!!!!! Much love to all who work at Kate Mantilini's, god-speed, good luck & most of all SEE YOU VERY SOON!!! This is NOT good-bye!!!!Special Features:
- Sad to see them go!LA213Dined on 6/7/2014Have come here numerous times over the last couple of decades, so we had to go one last time when we heard they were closing this (original) location. The food was very good as usual, if slightly over-priced, but the atmosphere is good. And if you are a celebrity watcher there is always someone famous eating there.Special Features:
- Thank YouLocalFoodDudeDined on 6/5/2014My first trip to Kate Mantilini and unfortunately my last since the restaurant is set to close this week. Outstanding across the board!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 89 reviews are from the Kate Mantilini - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Lunch Time, Stop InhereiamDined on 6/3/2014I enjoy catching lunch here. I work a few blocks away and it's always nice to get out of the office every once in a while.Special Features:
- SAD TO SEE KATE'S LEAVING B H!!Frogy1Dined on 6/1/2014VERY SAD TO SEE KATE MANTILINI'S LEAVING BEVERLY HILLS AS WE WERE SAD TO SEE THEM LEAVE WESTWOOD A FEW YEARS AGO!! ONLY HAVE WOODLAND HILLS LOCATION LEFT FROM THE THE HAMBURGER HAMLET LEWIS FAMILY DYNASTY IN THE RESTAURANT BUSINESS. WE WILL ALL MISS THIS LOCATION IN B H BECAUSE THE FOOD WAS ALWAYS DELICIOUS AND THE SERVICE AND AMBIANCE EXCELLENT!! BUT, TIME AND RENTS MARCH ON!!Special Features:
- Closing on 6/14BeverlyHillsDinerVIPDined on 5/30/2014So sad. Such great service and reliable food will be no more. We'll miss you!Special Features:
- So long, farewell ...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/29/2014Will definitely be back before they shutter the place! What a shame! I predict the new tenant will not last as long as KM!Special Features:
- The KiingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2014I do not understand why they can't find a new location . I don't want to report that the king is desdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bye Byeafisher423VIPDined on 5/28/2014Great place but going out of business. Too bad! A classic Los Angeles hangout!Special Features:
- A solid mealNancyVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food was good, the waitstaff friendly and helpful, and ambience charming. The chicken pot pie was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saying goodbye to an old friend...FoodisTheatreVIPDined on 5/23/2014It's hard to believe Kate Mantilini will be closing on June 15. For 27 years, this place has had delicious food, excellent service and the best star-gazing anyone could want. Less than 2 blocks from the Motion Picture Academy, Kate's was the go-to place for pre- and post-event meals and gatherings. It's where the famous restaurant scene from HEAT, with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, was shot. The menu is filled with so many stand-out dishes. The wait staff is supreme -- professional, patient, witty, personable. More times than not, we've ended up shaking the hand of our server before we left. Countless memories have been made at Kate's. We will miss this L.A. dining staple.Special Features:
- Sad to see you goDedeDined on 5/18/2014I have eaten many times over the years for brunch, lunch, dinner, meetings, and late night cocktails and am very sad that this outstanding and eclectic restaurant is closing.Special Features:
- Our special restaurantFaulknerVIPDined on 5/16/2014We always meet our special friends at Kate Mantilini's. The food, ambiance and service are great and consistent.Special Features:
- A relaxing evening2hot4uDined on 4/20/2014The service was unbelievably good. Food is well prepared and served hot (what a concept). The menu is extensive--definitely lots of choices for everyone in your party. Full bar and good wine list. Best of all, while lively, you can actually talk to your party and hear them as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmentioned possibilityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I had not been here before and did not realize that they have tables that are a bit more private and intimate available by the window. Perhaps none were available when I booked the reservation, but it would be nice to know that possibility exists at this restaurant. Other than that, the food and service we're just fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a pleasant mealNancyVIPDined on 4/12/2014The wait staff was attentive and the food wa adequate. The bitter salad I didn't like was graciously exchanged for one to my liking. My husband enjoyed his chicken pot pie and my hamburger with mushrooms was good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and very impressed!mmeekerDined on 3/29/2014We were looking for a quick bite in the neighborhood and always drive by this place wanting to go in. So we headed out late Saturday night and got there around 10PM. The place was pretty slow at that point and we had no trouble getting seated. We were quickly served and our food was amazing. I had the fish special which was lightly breaded with spinach and it was perfect. My girlfriend had the Ahi Tuna and it was also perfect. My friend tried the chicken and raved that it was cooked to perfection. My group also thought the drinks were poured perfectly too. I highly recommend Kate Mantelini and we will be back for lunch, brunch and anything else they have going on over there. One more note... the Madmen portraits are outstanding!Special Features:
- Out-of-Towners and A BirthdayHappyCamperDined on 3/15/2014I had requested a booth online, and a booth we were given. Our guests liked the way the the restaurant looked. The host and waitress could not have been nicer. The meal was good, (my short ribs were great.) We brought a birthday cake (I had called first, and asked about their policy.) They served it, candles ablaze, and sang to the birthday boy, then took the cake away to cut it and serve it. Coffee were ordered and came promptly.Special Features:
- Westside Play ScenewolfemanVIPDined on 3/15/2014Kate Mantilini is a great place to eat a light meal or a full dinner before you go to the local playhouses in the Beverly Hills or West LA Area. In fact you can go there any night and enjoy it. They accommodate everyone and have a very diverse menu to satisfy everyone including children. They have a nice wine list and a full bar if you are looking for that type of thing also. They are happy to serve parties of two as well as large parties. There were two groups of over eight celebrating birthdays the night I was there. The large parties did not slowdown the kitchen or interfere with the service around them. They knew exactly what to do. I do recommend that you have reservations on Friday and Saturday nights or you could have to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hostess rulingNotesfromachairDined on 3/14/2014Food was good. But I had a reservation for four people - the restaurant was only a third full and the hostess refused to seat me until at least one other person from my party arrived. I accepted it at first but then a few minutes later I thought - you've got to be kidding. I reproached and she reluctantly was about to seat me when the other 3 in my party arrived. I get it if they're busy but...really?Special Features:
- DisappointingPauliVIPDined on 3/14/2014Only people in the restaurant. Eggs were oily, coffee was terrible and waitron was grumpy!
- Dinner and MovieLuv2dineVIPDined on 3/8/2014Great for us when we go to a movie at the Music Hall across the street. Our party of four enjoyed two delicious salads (the one with pear and Stilton Cheese was outstanding) and two chicken pot pies that were excellent. Servilce is always good and the bread is the best. Prices aren't cheap, but not out of line either.
- comfort food and industry viberhodeislandfan1Dined on 3/1/2014Well-executed comfort food and fun industry vibe thanks to proximity to WGA theater. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Pre theater dinnerHikerValVIPDined on 2/25/2014Friendly greeters (hosts) and nice food selections, including great happy hour offeringsSpecial Features:
- A Positive Dining ExperienceGigiDined on 2/23/2014We enjoyed our dinnrer at Kate Mantilini's. Our server was pleasant and very attentive. Food selection is varied and our choices were excellent. Both entrees were appetizing and were very tasteful. Definately would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Comfortable place in our neighborhoOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/22/2014Comfortable place in our neighborhood, we went with an older couple (80s). Comfortable food that was well made. Service was less than the excellent I've had before; I think they had someone new that night. KM is very comfortable, very reassuring, easy to be there, designer diner. I like that the noise is comfortable, we were able to converse easily throughout the evening. LARGE portions, so expect to take home a bag for the next day's lunch. We will be back.
- A basic go-to spottimberVIPDined on 2/19/2014Big menu, just about anything you'd want is likely on the menu. Solid, dependable spot for homestyle cooking. Nothing fancy about it, just a good spot to drop in for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAdam7223Dined on 2/15/2014My family loves to dine at Kate Mantilini. The food is excellent and has a variety of choices to choose from. The servers are great - friendly and courteous. My out of town guests were very pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious comfort food andEAMMdRDined on 2/12/2014Delicious comfort food and friendly, charming service. Very attractive restaurant; good stop for before/after movies on Wilshire. Great film-related art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power Lunch SpotgoodfoodieDined on 2/6/2014I love taking business lunches at this restaurant. The food is delicious, the service is great and the ambiance screams "power deals being brokered every five minutes!' Because I had an Open Table reservation, they seated me immediately, even though the rest of my party hadn't arrived yet. Bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food at It's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/5/2014Kate Mantilini's specializes in great American comfort food, and they have perfected the art form. Always good, well prepared and excellently served in an energetic atmosphere. Doesn't get much better. And, when Margret is tending the Bar, you can be assured of the best Vodka Martinis in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have lost our kitchen toAndiVIPDined on 2/1/2014We have lost our kitchen to a flood and eat out every night now. Kate Mantilinis is one we frequent every week. Great food, great wine, great service and very accommodating.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2014Kate Mantilini's never disappoints and is consistently good. It excels in comfort food and excellent service. Recommended highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good consistent foodPaliDinerVIPDined on 1/30/2014Food is consistently good, won't put you over the top, but its definitely a comfortable and easy place to go. Service is good. Won't go out of my way to go there, but definitely go there if i'm near there and need a place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch!RAWTRAVELVIPDined on 1/21/2014Terrific and very broad menu. Definitely something for everyone. The place was packed and vibrant. The place to be! Service was very good. Got us in with not too long of a wait, and the server knew just when we needed him and when to leave us alone. A bit pricey, but overall a winner, and I will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerMJCabuhatDined on 1/19/2014I had a great experience in this classy restaurant. I ordered double breasted chicken with mashed potatoes & gravy, and they taste so good! I finished my meal with their amazing warm apple pie with ice cream, just the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/16/2014It has survived all these years because it is good, well thought out comfort food.Special Features: