279 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bostonkashmir.com/
- Phone: 6175361695
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Harjeet Singh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for all occations. Includes delivery to full scale. Including tables, chairs, tablecloths, China and waitstaff.
A word from Kashmir
Indian restaurant, located on fashionable Newbury Street, has 3 elegant dining halls with authentic antique & modern artifacts from Northern India. Weather permitting, service is available on the outdoor patios open to Newbury Street. Kashmir has been voted "Best of Boston" several times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Kashmir - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Kashmir reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (14)great for lunch (11)romantic (10)special occasion (8)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014My second time, brought my family for the first. They loved the food. We ate early so the indoor dining was quiet for our party of 6. While most were eating outside. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Boston NightMarioDined on 8/16/2014We were surprised how cool the neighbourhood was and how great the food was.Special Features:
- OverratedTheflorentineDined on 8/10/2014The food was too spicy even if I asked them to not make it spicy . All the food arrived all together . The prices are a little overrated . They only thing I ended up liking was the bread !Special Features:
- This meal was for the birdsJohndVIPDined on 8/8/2014he food is always good here. We ate outside on a beautiful summer night and had to share our table with 50 or so sparrows who all enjoy indian food.
- A little care for the appearance...PorsiemprekarenlyDined on 8/7/2014I love Kashmir. As a blogger, I have written about it and even invited more than 10 people already to try the amazing food. Yesterday though, I realized that the appearance of Kashmir isn't as clean and fancy as I thought. I went with my boyfriend, who came from New York,and he noticed right away that the wall he was sitting next to had a hole. They tried to paint the wall but just left the white layer circle in a green wall. The seats were ripped and overall it needs a lot of work. If it wasn't in Newbury Street, I think I wouldn't care that much. This place is still an amazing restaurant to go, especially in the evening. I'll be back next week, but I think I'll sit outside. It's prettier there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!TukkiDined on 8/2/2014Good food. Worth going to. The restaurant needs a face lift, as it is very dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceDanBVIPDined on 7/24/2014Kashmir has to be the best Boston restaurant for Indian food and it is a plus that it is located on scenic Newbury Street. Great service, good prices and quality food. This has always been one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Awesome Indian FoodSB4diningVIPDined on 7/11/2014The weather was awesome in Boston, so we were lucky enough to get seated outside. Loved watching all the Bostonians walking around taking advantage of the weather! But the food.....AWESOME! We had amazing dishes made to the spice (heat) level we wanted. Love that you can ask for it to suit your palate. We sampled quite a few different items and loved them all. The naan was great - good wine list - and the service was perfect. Attentive, but not bothersome. We will definately go back again when we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Lunch buffetFoodieDined on 7/7/2014The curries and vindaloo on the buffet are great! Only $11 and it is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More of an effort...LeedinesDined on 7/5/2014On my prior visit, the food had been so salty that I promised never to return. With vegetarians who welcomed Indian food, I did. My 6 cubes of marinated lamb were tender, without gristle, and not overly-salted, but were served on an unappetizing bed of quickly-strewn iceberg lettuce with some inconsequential garnish. I would have appreciated more of an effort to feed eye/palate. To enjoy a balanced such meal, one must order sides and what seems reasonably price becomes more expensive. My friends seemed to be pleased with their (stew-like) meals. The restaurant's ambience is appealingly exotic inside and lively, with traffic noises, outside upstairs. Outside downstairs one is aware of concrete and hungry birds although there it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Indian FoodNHFoodieDined on 6/30/2014Wanted to try everything. Extensive menu. Good prices. Attentive staff. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Bomb indian foodShiksachefDined on 6/29/2014Get the salmon tandoori and coconut tomato soup. I continue to eat even after I'm full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsEatsDined on 6/29/2014Great Indian food, fantastic breads, reasonable prices... and on a summer night, a nice outdoor patio right on Newbury Street. Warning: the sparrows get a little rowdy on the patio... but with little crumbs of the awesome bread falling, I understand completely.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceRickDined on 6/27/2014Food was good as was service. If you are looking for good Indian cuisine recommend this location. Dined indoors. Good place to have a conversation over dinner. Hope to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aorvDined on 6/18/2014Great food, never dissapoint. I have introduce a few people into indian food with this restaurant, it might not be as authentic but is certainly delicious. I love going in the summer and have dinner in the patio. Portions are generous.
- ConsistentFoodieDined on 6/14/2014I have been here a few times and their food had been quality driven and the service as well was consistent through and through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a priceKlp8888Dined on 5/16/2014The food there is good, but you pay Newbury St prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you enjoy great Indian FoodNickDVIPDined on 5/15/2014We had visitors from California that wanted the best Indian food in Boston... So the first choice was Kashmir and they proved to have great food. Our visitor was well traveled. He had sampled Indian food from around the world and Kashmir stood up with the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BuffetBostonLBVIPDined on 5/7/2014This place got a good Zagats review, so my expectations were high. Maybe it was just the lunch buffet, but I wasn't impressed with the food. The masala was more like tomato soup, and I was hoping for some spicier options. But the staff was very nice, and the outdoor seating was really amazing on a nice day. Seating options in the sun and in the shade, and they have lots of outdoor space. In general I think there are better indian lunch buffet options in the area, but none with outdoor space, so it just depends on your priorities.Special Features:
- Best Indian on Boston's BusiestjbostonDined on 5/3/2014One of the best places to grab Indian food in Boston is on the city's busiest, most happening street-Kashmir on Newbury Street. The outdoor patio is great for people watching and the indoor ambiance is nice and quiet making it ideal for a date or an intimate group. Consistent service. Fair price. Great food.Special Features:
- The following 489 reviews are from the Kashmir reviews archive.
- Meet up with friendsWhittyDined on 4/29/2014Love Indian food. This place was great, been here twice so far. My favorite is the chicken tikka masala and the pasharyan bread- the one with coconut. Staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a bday dinnerFoodlover2Dined on 4/26/2014It was a great place to have my friend's birthday dinner at especially since she requested good Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Food was tasty and flavorful. Service was not rushed nor slow, just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Casual atmosphereErinDined on 4/19/2014The food was delicious! Everything we ordered was very good. The atmosphere was a little plain or underwhelming in the restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our dishes. The food and the atmosphere were very good. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014Friends and I went to kashmir quite early on a Sunday evening, after a Sunday afternoon concert, on a beautiful spring late afternoon. There was almost nobldy eating inside, so it was quiet. Whether it would be on a busy evening I cannot guess. The food was very good but I think not worth the high Zagat rating. Everything else was quite fine.
- Kashmir Delivers AgainCaileanDined on 4/4/2014The food never fails from their aloo tikki to their tikka masala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it! Food was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/2/2014Love it! Food was wonderful, especially the garlic Naan.Special Features:
- Excellent foodWcohenDined on 3/22/2014Everything we ordered was perfect. Service was very good and even though you are below ground, it doesn't feel that way. Nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great, everyoneLucaDined on 3/14/2014The service was great, everyone was really polite and professional. The good quality was excellent,and the portions large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian spot in BostonDanyaVIPDined on 3/9/2014I love Kashmir. Food is great, service is great and atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesEatsDined on 3/8/2014A reliable choice. Great food. Attentive staff. Please lose the TV and re-do the bathrooms, but that aside... Excellent Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for a quick dinner.DityVIPDined on 3/2/2014The food was very good and fairly priced, the portions were large and served with a very nice rice. I thought we were ordering a full bottle of wine and it was half a bottle. I thought the wine menu should have been more carefully marked. The atmosphere is very pleasant and we went during a relatively quiet time 5pm on a Sunday. They did not mark that I had honored the reservation although I did check in with my name at the reception desk. Open Table notified me and it was corrected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014Got a last minute reservation for a party of 8, they were very accommodating. Food was great!Special Features:
- Kinda dirty.DanielleVIPDined on 2/17/2014Kashmir was OK. The service was great, but that was the best part. The restaurant is dirty- a lot of dusk around and food marks on the walls where we sat. The benches are also extremely scratched up and uncomfortable. My husband ordered his food "as spicy as possible" and still had to ask for a side because it was mild. Would rather go to Tantric when it reopens.
- Horrible managerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2014Reservation made one week prior and when we arrived, on a snowy night, there were very few diners and almost no foot traffic. 5 people in our party and we were seated at a table in the walkway for customers and servers. I asked to be moved and the rude hostess dismissed my request and said we don't have anywhere else to put you. I looked around and saw a dozen tables open. The manager chimes in and says, oh we can't combine any tables, we need to keep them open for people who might walk in. After our meal, I told the manager that he could've respected the customers wishes. He was very defensive. I told him that I would be reviewing Kashmir online and mentioning how rude he was and his response "go ahead, I don't care".
- Simple and goodemurphDined on 2/15/2014The menu was well explained. Very attentive server. Good was served quickly. Good portion sizes. Good wine selection. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at KashmirOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner at Kashmir for Valentine's Day. There were plenty of great choices, and the food was delicious. Friendly staff and comfortable ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Had a great dinner, food was excellent and service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndianOneview1VIPDined on 2/8/2014Food is always amazing; the menu changed recently, so dinner for two prefix is no longer available. Wines are really affordable, and the food is always fantastic. Best Indian restaurant in the area that I've been able to find! Parking is not easy (no valet), although parking garages are a few blocks away.Special Features: