279 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bostonkashmir.com/
- Phone: (617) 536-1695
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Harjit Singh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for all occations. Includes delivery to full scale. Including tables, chairs, tablecloths, China and waitstaff.
A word from Kashmir
Indian restaurant, located on fashionable Newbury Street, has 3 elegant dining halls with authentic antique & modern artifacts from Northern India. Weather permitting, service is available on the outdoor patios open to Newbury Street. Kashmir has been voted "Best of Boston" several times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kashmir reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (15)romantic (7)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious indian foodBusyWorkMom40sDined on 11/9/2014Lots of choices, good service, delicious Indian food. Can make mild to spicy dishes. This restaurant has been there a long time and they have it down from service to food; glad neither has diminished over time. Each dish we ordered taste distinct from one another (which it should). Only thing is I thought there should have been more pieces of meat in each dish. We tend to eat Indian food "family" style by ordering a bunch of dishes and sharing and the very small number of meat in each dish makes that very difficult and it seems silly to order two of the same dishes or not share when it comes to Indian. It's not as if the dishes are cheap.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014Tables too small. Waiter brought check before asking about desert. waiter placed 2 doggie bags in middle of table blocking view across the table. rest was not crowded. very loud annoying baby, biryani dish very good but too much food
- OverratedMikeDined on 10/29/2014The reviews on OpenTable, Yelp, and Zaggat's all suggest good food, service, and romance. My experience was quite the opposite. The hostess shoved us into a table overflowing with other couples, the server messed up two basic orders, and the food lacked spices. I do not plan to return to Kashmir ever again. Highly disappointed!
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed a meal with my family, great Indian cuisine. Waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- great Indian foodpickyeaterDined on 10/25/2014Our son goes to college in Boston ,and he was intersted in having great Indian food. We took our chance by reading reviews and we did not regret our decision to go there. great service, clean, very hot food as it should be and they make the level of spicy according to your taste. would definitely recommend to other people and go there again when we are visiting our son. nice menu selection!Special Features:
- Luv2explorefoodDined on 10/24/2014I ordered pomegranate mango margarita. It was extremely sweet. I told the manager to make it little but less sweeter. First response was " pomegranate mango margarita is sweet so nothing can be done" After explaining little bit he took it back and added something as per my suggestion. No smile on the face in fact I thought he didn't like that he had to remake it.. Food is nice and our waiter was good too. Overall it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Indian foodWhatsfordinnerVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food is just not good. Don't go here. There are better Indian spots in boston
- GP68VIPDined on 9/16/2014limited buffet for lunch - need more variety - very little meat in the sauces
- Excellent for a night out w.friendsDevNDined on 9/14/2014Great place to hang out with friends and enjoy good Indian food.Special Features:
- Excellent food.DamiDined on 9/9/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. The best indian cuisine I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio nice, service poorTeachVIPDined on 9/3/2014I've eaten here many times and always enjoy the food. The service is usually attentive and prompt. Not so on the patio this time. Hopefully not a trend.
- Good!Ch24Dined on 8/31/2014If looking for indian it's great, the tikka masala chicken is the best, but watch out they might mix your spice levels... Very nice staff lent us an umbrella while it rained so we could get a cab...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Go Back AgainLittleBirdieVIPDined on 8/30/2014First time at Kashmir and wasn't sure what to expect. Service was pleasant and prompt. Decent wine list. Went with a friend. We got basic naan, the vegetarian platter for an appetizer and shared a meal (can't recall the name)of cauliflower and potatoes over rice. It was all very good. Service was prompt. Prices weren't terrible considering the location. Overall a nice late lunch/early dinner. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Newbury St. treat!!YumODined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend&I recently took time from moving to have Friday lunch. We both had goat dishes: beyond amazing! We sat outside&marveled at the copper bowls our food were served in. It looked small, but neither of us could finish our meals. The goat was so tender we could have used plastic spoons to extract meat from the bone. The drinks were tasty, particularly my boyfriend's Ginger Mojito, whichhad plenty of fresh pieces of ginger floating through out. The only Cons were the language barrier&amount of rice: it was very difficult communicating with the servers&host. Their English was unclear&they did not understand us. We requested more rice because the amount given isn't enough for leftover entrees& were told yes& didn't receive it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.KeyesDined on 8/24/2014My second time, brought my family for the first. They loved the food. We ate early so the indoor dining was quiet for our party of 6. While most were eating outside. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Boston NightMarioDined on 8/16/2014We were surprised how cool the neighbourhood was and how great the food was.Special Features:
- OverratedTheflorentineVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was too spicy even if I asked them to not make it spicy . All the food arrived all together . The prices are a little overrated . They only thing I ended up liking was the bread !Special Features:
- This meal was for the birdsJohndVIPDined on 8/8/2014he food is always good here. We ate outside on a beautiful summer night and had to share our table with 50 or so sparrows who all enjoy indian food.
- A little care for the appearance...PorsiemprekarenlyDined on 8/7/2014I love Kashmir. As a blogger, I have written about it and even invited more than 10 people already to try the amazing food. Yesterday though, I realized that the appearance of Kashmir isn't as clean and fancy as I thought. I went with my boyfriend, who came from New York,and he noticed right away that the wall he was sitting next to had a hole. They tried to paint the wall but just left the white layer circle in a green wall. The seats were ripped and overall it needs a lot of work. If it wasn't in Newbury Street, I think I wouldn't care that much. This place is still an amazing restaurant to go, especially in the evening. I'll be back next week, but I think I'll sit outside. It's prettier there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!TukkiDined on 8/2/2014Good food. Worth going to. The restaurant needs a face lift, as it is very dated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 503 reviews are from the Kashmir reviews archive.
- Pleasant ExperienceDanBVIPDined on 7/24/2014Kashmir has to be the best Boston restaurant for Indian food and it is a plus that it is located on scenic Newbury Street. Great service, good prices and quality food. This has always been one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Awesome Indian FoodSB4diningVIPDined on 7/11/2014The weather was awesome in Boston, so we were lucky enough to get seated outside. Loved watching all the Bostonians walking around taking advantage of the weather! But the food.....AWESOME! We had amazing dishes made to the spice (heat) level we wanted. Love that you can ask for it to suit your palate. We sampled quite a few different items and loved them all. The naan was great - good wine list - and the service was perfect. Attentive, but not bothersome. We will definately go back again when we are in Boston.Special Features:
- Lunch buffetFoodieDined on 7/7/2014The curries and vindaloo on the buffet are great! Only $11 and it is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More of an effort...LeedinesVIPDined on 7/5/2014On my prior visit, the food had been so salty that I promised never to return. With vegetarians who welcomed Indian food, I did. My 6 cubes of marinated lamb were tender, without gristle, and not overly-salted, but were served on an unappetizing bed of quickly-strewn iceberg lettuce with some inconsequential garnish. I would have appreciated more of an effort to feed eye/palate. To enjoy a balanced such meal, one must order sides and what seems reasonably price becomes more expensive. My friends seemed to be pleased with their (stew-like) meals. The restaurant's ambience is appealingly exotic inside and lively, with traffic noises, outside upstairs. Outside downstairs one is aware of concrete and hungry birds although there it is quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Indian FoodNHFoodieDined on 6/30/2014Wanted to try everything. Extensive menu. Good prices. Attentive staff. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- Bomb indian foodShiksachefVIPDined on 6/29/2014Get the salmon tandoori and coconut tomato soup. I continue to eat even after I'm full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsEatsDined on 6/29/2014Great Indian food, fantastic breads, reasonable prices... and on a summer night, a nice outdoor patio right on Newbury Street. Warning: the sparrows get a little rowdy on the patio... but with little crumbs of the awesome bread falling, I understand completely.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceRickDined on 6/27/2014Food was good as was service. If you are looking for good Indian cuisine recommend this location. Dined indoors. Good place to have a conversation over dinner. Hope to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aorvDined on 6/18/2014Great food, never dissapoint. I have introduce a few people into indian food with this restaurant, it might not be as authentic but is certainly delicious. I love going in the summer and have dinner in the patio. Portions are generous.
- ConsistentFoodieDined on 6/14/2014I have been here a few times and their food had been quality driven and the service as well was consistent through and through.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a priceKlp8888Dined on 5/16/2014The food there is good, but you pay Newbury St prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you enjoy great Indian FoodNickDVIPDined on 5/15/2014We had visitors from California that wanted the best Indian food in Boston... So the first choice was Kashmir and they proved to have great food. Our visitor was well traveled. He had sampled Indian food from around the world and Kashmir stood up with the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch BuffetBostonLBVIPDined on 5/7/2014This place got a good Zagats review, so my expectations were high. Maybe it was just the lunch buffet, but I wasn't impressed with the food. The masala was more like tomato soup, and I was hoping for some spicier options. But the staff was very nice, and the outdoor seating was really amazing on a nice day. Seating options in the sun and in the shade, and they have lots of outdoor space. In general I think there are better indian lunch buffet options in the area, but none with outdoor space, so it just depends on your priorities.Special Features:
- Best Indian on Boston's BusiestjbostonDined on 5/3/2014One of the best places to grab Indian food in Boston is on the city's busiest, most happening street-Kashmir on Newbury Street. The outdoor patio is great for people watching and the indoor ambiance is nice and quiet making it ideal for a date or an intimate group. Consistent service. Fair price. Great food.Special Features:
- Meet up with friendsWhittyDined on 4/29/2014Love Indian food. This place was great, been here twice so far. My favorite is the chicken tikka masala and the pasharyan bread- the one with coconut. Staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a bday dinnerFoodlover2Dined on 4/26/2014It was a great place to have my friend's birthday dinner at especially since she requested good Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Food was tasty and flavorful. Service was not rushed nor slow, just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Casual atmosphereErinDined on 4/19/2014The food was delicious! Everything we ordered was very good. The atmosphere was a little plain or underwhelming in the restaraunt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our dishes. The food and the atmosphere were very good. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014Friends and I went to kashmir quite early on a Sunday evening, after a Sunday afternoon concert, on a beautiful spring late afternoon. There was almost nobldy eating inside, so it was quiet. Whether it would be on a busy evening I cannot guess. The food was very good but I think not worth the high Zagat rating. Everything else was quite fine.