241 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kasana-mke.com/
- Phone: (414) 224-6158
- Hours of Operation:
Wed: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thurs: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sat: 11:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sun: 11:00am - 3:00pm & 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Kasana
We pride ourselves on using organic ingredients wherever possible (including basic components such as flour and spices).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Kasana reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)special occasion (7)good for groups (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Creative menu, excellent servicemkebusinessdinerDined on 11/15/2014Lovely decor, great service and a very interesting, mostly small plate menu will definitely bring us back to this restaurant. Love the local, organic focus and thoughtful wine list. Bring a group and share the small platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014food was great people were friendly will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LakegirlDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed the music. The food was very good. The service a little slow but overheard the bartender was not in and maybe we had someone new. The owner was very attentive. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for post-theater dinnerLIZZADined on 10/25/2014We enjoy going to Kasana often after attending late afternoon theater matinees in the Third Ward. Good food and early evening entertainment. Parking always a hassle in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Unfortunately, I would not recommend Kasana. First the service was slow including the first time to our table and returning for our order. Not having been to a small plates restaurant, I was unfamiliar with many of the choices. I also have to eat gluten free due to celiac disease which limited choices somewhat. My friend and I decided order the GF pizza. I thought the crust was tasteless and not browned. It was recommended that we order a second so we did. It did not arrive until we were almost ready to leave. We arrived at 6pm and left about 7:15 for a show. I had read a very positive review of Kasana in the Shepherd so I was looking forward to trying it. I was disappointed overall.
- Brazilian musicRecifenseDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is great! Because there are Brazlian music and great musicians! The owner and employees are amazing!Special Features:
- Kasana - good in early eveningLIZZADined on 10/4/2014We enjoy Kasana after theater matinees. Great ambiance, great food. Unfortunately new and young servers know nothing about the limited wine list, the only downside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceEddieMerlotFanVIPDined on 9/14/2014Where was the service...? Food was good, but service was beyond slow at 11 am on a Sunday morning.
- Authenticly Amazing FoodBelleDined on 8/21/2014Delicious food = a full feast to the senses! Organic fruits/veggies + humanely raised food prepared from classic family recipes with a hip twist. The ambiance is rich with a chill vibe; feels like your on vacation. Makes you want to return again & again! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Kasana reviews archive.
- Hidden gemAJaxVIPDined on 7/11/2014Kasana is a hidden gem in Milwaukee, tucked away below some shops in the 3rd ward. It has a great (and very gluten free friendly) menu, and the live jazz creates a great ambience. If I had one complaint it's is attention of service. Nobody was rude or discourteous, but we ran out of water completely 4 separate times at our table and had to ask each time. The last time, the server never even came back with water so we had to go to the bar. Not sure if it was his first day, or maybe they normally have bussers. I'll definitely be going back, but maybe I'll have a hydration pack tucked away for emergencies...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedKatieLouDined on 7/2/2014Service was outstanding. The tropical mojito was the best I've ever tasted. Will definitely be going back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was closed!JoanDined on 4/12/2014Despite making a reservation on OPEN TABLE and having it CONFIRMED we found that this place was closed for remodeling!!!! When checking the website that was clearly posted and we were never notified. Given that it was a Saturday night it really disrupted our evening!!!
- Pork a bit overdone this timeNickDined on 3/8/2014I had the pork for a second time because it was so exquisite the first time, but this time it was a bit overdone. Service is elaborate and congenial, but a bit slow by U.S. standards. Better this time than last time, though! Beautiful setting, and our friends really enjoyed the evening, as did we.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNickDined on 2/15/2014The service was a little slow, but that was to give people a chance to relax and talk -- it's not about getting DONE, but rather about enjoying the evening at Kasana. I had pork, and it was perfectly made -- juicy and tender. Lovely people and lovely space. Beautiful. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.