Kasa Restaurant & Bar
183 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Kasa Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kasarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4079855272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm BRUNCH 11am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Latin / Spanish, Asian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Kaplan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve our large private dining room which seats up to 30 guests! Enjoy any special occasion such as birthdays, business meetings, wedding party, and much more! Includes a 70" flat screen television. Prefixed menus available from the Chef.
- Private Party Contact: Ledy 7276579006x
- Entertainment: Call location for Entertainment calendar.
- Special Events: Every Sunday enjoy Bubbles N' Brunch from 11am-4pm, offering a Chef's buffet with bottomless mimosas and juice bar!
Wednesday nights are Un'Wine'd Wednesdays from 5pm-9pm; $20 All You Can Drink Wine Samples and lite bites, includes select draft beer also.
HAPPY HOUR Monday-Saturday from 5-7pm in our bar/lounge area.
Tasting Tuesday-every Tuesday from 5-10:30PM; enjoy Sharing Plates from $4, $6, $8. Also includes drink specials!
A word from Kasa Restaurant & Bar
Kasa Restaurant & Bar serves up a truly exciting and innovative dining experience, featuring a menu comprised of diverse small plates and entrees with global influences by Executive Chef Shawn Kaplan, as well as a raw bar with fresh seafood. Open for lunch, dinner, drinks and brunch, Kasa raises the bar in the Downtown Orlando dining scene by combining exceptional service in a cool, comfortable and contemporary atmosphere with a memorable meal that satisfies all the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Kasa Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Kasa Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (26)hot spot (24)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)special occasion (14)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (9)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Las Vegas in OrlandogdentyDined on 9/27/2014The contemporary design was a nice treat to see in Orlando. The service was top notch and very friendly. We ate from the Magical Dining menu but each course was delicious and very flavorful. A must try if you are in the the Orlando downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different & DeliciousotowncplDined on 9/24/2014We visited Kasa for Magical Dining Month. There was great variety on the little menu. Both the steak and salmon were perfect. The apple dessert and salted caramel ice cream were outstanding. Portions were large and beautifully plated. The cucumber dill martini-type drink was outstanding. A must try! Service was impeccable! We wanted for nothing. It was loud and bustling, but not distracting. Very modern and hip. We highly recommend it and will be back for more!Special Features:
- Good foodatlfoodieDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our first time dining at the restaurant. The food was good. I wished there was a lot more dessert selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousSperlsDined on 9/19/2014An unbelievable menu where I wanted to try everything on the menu. Unfortunately only could order a small number of the plates so we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014I found the food creative and tasty. The décor is fresh and clean. The noise level is out of control and will keep me from returning. I don't like having to yell across the table to be heard. Back to the food. I sampled everything that came to the table and loved the flavors. A friend ordered the chicken entrée and we all agreed that the flavors were good but the chicken had an unusual consistency. I had the hanger steak which was cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely, but was not remarkable in any way. Another friend had the salmon and it stood out from the other two dishes in that it didn't have much seasoning at all; but the flavor was good and cooked nicely. Appealing food but just too noisy for my tastes.Special Features:
- Awesome!MimozingDined on 9/14/2014Brunch is amazing and now they have Sangria, I will ever stop coming. The praline bacon is the best!Special Features:
- Manager was excellentVegFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Service was lacking! We had a reservation for 915pm. Got there earlier. Hostess would not seat us so we went to the bar. Spoke to the manager and he sat us right away. Waitress was nice but not experienced and service was very slow. Table not bussed often and plates with food remained on the table for a long time with no attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but loudRachel189Dined on 9/5/2014I tried Kasa late on a Friday during Magical Dining month. The food was delicious- we had appetizers of tuna tartare, baconed Brussels Sprouts, and their specialty Kasa corn. I loved the corn, but it was a little too creamy for my husband. The hangar steak had a nice char, and the salmon was beautiful. Our server was very attentive. I didn't try a cocktail, but their specialty drink menu was inspired. The dining area was very loud, but it was late on a Friday evening. It didn't bother us, but I don't recommend for a quiet romantic evening, so much as a boisterous fun one. We each ordered the fried apple pie dessert. I thought the pie portion size was comically big, especially when every individual gets their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Food was amazing! There were four of us and we ordered 11-12 different dishes and nothing disappointed! There were, however, a couple of stand outs: Drunken Kobe Sliders, Mac 'n Cheese, Crab Cakes and Apple dessert.....all scrumptious! Hibiscus Sangria was also unique and refreshing. Our server, Josh, was attentive and helpful with recommendations for what to order.Special Features:
- Birthday happy hourKimmyH123Dined on 8/29/2014Came in for my birthday on Friday. Brought 13 or 14 people who had never been to your restaurant. We all enjoyed the items on happy hour. Notable favorites were the Adobo pork and polenta cake, calamari, and yucca and cheese fondue. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Wish I was offered a dessert. The first time I came the our server said we must try the wrecked apple pie next time and was hoping to get it but wasn't offered dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine down WednesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014You have to get the corn it's awesome. . On Wednesday 20 all the wine you want. Dj is there and great atmosphere. Food is delicious and everything comes out fresh.. great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperiencemtaylorVIPDined on 8/27/2014Love the feel and look of this restaurant. The menu is different but delicious! The crab cakes can't be beat. The salmon is awesome. They have great yucca fries and the Cuban is excellent also! I have been several times for lunch and have never been disappointment. Staff is great, friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- What a SurpriseTMarkVIPDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I just celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary there and we couldn't have been happier. The food was perfectly portioned and each dish was delicious. Our server, Josh is one of the best we have had and we are experienced diners. He made recommendations based on our questions and every dish from the tuna tostones, Blue point oysters on the half shell, Diva sushi roll, outstanding corn on the cob twist and wrecked apple pie left us totally sated and happy. Chef Shawn was a pleasure and the environment is contemporarily chic. Such an perfect evening.Special Features:
- Decent brunchRyGuyVIPDined on 7/27/2014I wouldn't exactly call the buffet offering brunch, but rather more of a breakfast spread. what was offered was very good, but after looking at the al a carte menus prior to our visit, I was expecting a little more in terms of variety and creativity. Overall the brunch value is great considering champagne with a variety of juice options was unlimited. I am looking forward to going back for dinner, but may consider other options for brunch. Service was great along with the great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapas!IrisDined on 7/23/2014I have been at Kasa's twice and have enjoyed myself tremendously. I have gone on Wednesdays for the wine/beer for $20 and it is just perfect.Special Features:
- ExcellentLexiDined on 7/5/2014The food and wine selection was decadent. Great ambiance. Our servers were prompt, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Horribleluv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Service slow, sat at the smallest table ever, ran out of food at 2:30. Will never go back!!!!
- The following 42 reviews are from the Kasa Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Ask for DaniSpoilMeDined on 5/31/2014The service (ask for Dani) was OUTSTANDING! Her suggestions were EXCELLENT (the apple dessert for example) and she was very attentive without being overbearing and interfering/interrupting conversation with my guests. She even brought us samples of the sangrias to see which we liked the best (the Hibiscus)! Dani made the evening carefree and so enjoyable. I'm going back to check out their Happy Hour, Lunch, and Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good brunch/decent servicVinceVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been here many times before and had our first brunch there this past weekend. The food is good but nothing spectacular and no 1 dish has really stood out to us yet...BUT overall we've never been disappointed with anything we've ordered. Their oysters are great however compared to most other places in downtown Orlando. As for brunch, it was pretty straightforward - I was hoping for some of their regular menu to be included in the brunch menu but it was your standard breakfast foods and the lunch items included weren't anything spectacular either. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for a first timer but not something you want to go frequently unless your like us and you live on top of the place so its more of a convenience really.Special Features:
- Amazing!DSCPDined on 5/11/2014I took my fiancé here for Mother's Day and it was great! Everything tasted great and the unlimited brunch champagne was awesome! We will definitely be returning with more family and friends! Staff is very friendly and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLauren26HDined on 5/10/2014I was looking for a new place to take my parents and my husband on Saturday night - the reviews for Kasa were outstanding so I took a chance and made a reservation. We could not have been more pleased!! The service was awesome - everyone who came to our table was super friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and came out of the kitchen very quickly. We all agreed it was a fantastic experience and we will be back!! I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice greatUnhappyVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit and we will continue to go there. Food was excellent and we tried different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!dinerpsycoDined on 5/9/2014Gaby/Gabriel?? Server from Puerto Rico, was awesome. Really knowledgeable and knew the menu from top to bottom. On the down side - they were out of my first two beer chioces, I had to settle for my third option.Special Features:
- Orlando's best tapas.DineoftenVIPDined on 5/3/2014This is not a typical Spanish tapas restaurant. This is world wide tapas with a flair. Great service who answered all our questions. Need to expand the wine list. Only two notable cabs is not enough. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kasa BrunchDavidMDined on 4/27/2014The brunch at Kasa has always proven to be the best place to go for a upbeat vibe, beautiful people, a great buffet, and bottomless mimosas (if youd o so partake).Special Features:
- Excellent!TomBVIPDined on 4/19/2014Very hip in decor, concept, cocktails and food. This was out third visit and we enjoyed it again.Special Features:
- Superior service, Superior Cuisine!BrittaneyDined on 3/28/2014This was the perfect spot for a date night! Not only was the view of downtown amazing, but the view inside was equally pleasing: very chic and modern.The most impressive aspect of the restaurant was the service and, of course, the menu! Our server Janie was a gem; she was attentive, friendly, and most importantly, extremely knowledgable about the menu. Her suggestions on which items would best suit our taste were perfect! The others who assisted our table were very polite and attentive as well. As for the cuisine, one cannot begin to describe the deliciousness encompassed by every item on the menu. Everything is sure to please your taste buds! This place will immediately become your favorite restaurant for every occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Global TapasRLewisDined on 3/25/2014For three people we ordered nine dishes total, which was too much food but so good! Beautifully served with bright complex flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchyummVIPDined on 3/23/2014We've been wanting to check this place out since they moved in and finally jumped on the $25 all you can eat/drink mimosa deal on Sunday for Brunch. We made a reservation the day of and sat outside. It was a beautiful day we could hear the DJ inside, which was the perfect noise level. I'm sure sitting inside may have been a little loud. The food was fantastic. Very fun twist on regular breakfast food like; potato hash with pulled kobe beef, biscuits and gravy, but with a chorizo sauce; sweet potato pancakes, assorted fruit and muffins/breads, but the BEST thing was the pecan BACON! OMG to die for. We went up at least 3 times to grab some of that. Everything was great and I'd be very interested in trying their regular food menu now.Special Features:
- Sunday Night Pre-Concert DisasterGSJAXBCHVIPDined on 3/16/2014Our poor server, he tried, kitchen failed him, this place was just not ready for a Sunday evening crowd and we were early ahead of a pre-concert rush. We ordered-got drinks (thank goodness), then a few plates-then a 45 min void. Kept telling us it was coming, but, as tables were seated around us, they got their food first-a table next to us just completely struck out. Manager came over to offer anything to fix it, time was out had to pass, she didn't offer us a thing. Food runner appears as we stood up with cuban mojo ribs, they looked good, would have liked to try them. Had to "grade the paper" with the server, told him what we didn't get to get it off the bill. Went to the concert hungry, got my late night food back at the hotel.Special Features:
- Very Good Food!wbell2Dined on 3/15/2014My wife and I ate at Kasa while in town for our anniversary. The food was terrific - we loved everything that we ordered. The wine list is pretty thin and the service a bit slow. But, the food would bring me back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding .....everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014In Orlando for the weekend, and searching for a dinner reservation Friday evening on Open Table, we found Kasa. The menu was appealing, and there was a opening for 8:30pm. The restaurant interior design is contemporary but very cool, and the mix of restaurant patrons equally diverse. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable, and every dish was exquisite. So much so that we regrettably had no room for the dessert, which sounded delightful. The wine was delicious, reasonably priced, and served at perfect room temperature. Even better - 8 plates of delicious food, a superb bottle of wine, a very enjoyable evening, and all for $120 for 3 of us! I only wish they would open one in Naples, FL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOM12Dined on 3/8/2014Truly excellent service and a great experience, My date was super impress with me, selecting this restuarant. The food is out of this word and tasteful, very elegant atmoshpere. I love everthing about this place, Our waiter Josh was great too, as he help out naviate the menu as this was out first time been there, and all his suggestion was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!HilaryVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our food was very good. Favorites were the Tuna Tostones and the Bison Mini Burgers. Our server, Josh, was outstanding!Special Features:
- Our 2nd time and still loving it!AmandaDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I love small plates! The interesting blend if flavors and presentation is flawless every time!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirlooms??OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The food was good. I am the director of sales for a national tomato grower. We ordered the heirloom tomato and basil pasta salad, I was very disappointed that they used regular cherry tomatoes in the salad and not the heirlooms they said it was. So my advice is to serve the item as described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kasa Tapasmills111Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent service and good food. Would change up some things on my order if I went again; not much meat to on the rack of lamb. I DEFINITELY recommend the wrecked apple pie roll! Can't wait to come back and try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Serendipitous Discovery...dkawaDined on 2/15/2014Made a last minute reservation using mobile OpenTable, and had thought I was making the reservation at a different nearby tapas restaurant, but mistakenly made the reservation at Kasa Tapas & Raw Bar...and was very glad I did! It’s a beautiful, modern, serene restaurant with impeccable food. Absolutely loved this restaurant! It was polished and very clean, (could have eaten off the floor:) The food was creative, beautiful, delicious, ample and very reasonably priced. The service was attentive and friendly (thank you, Chelsea). Will absolutely return the next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealwardDined on 2/14/2014Great Great experience....went for a valentines dinner with my love and was so pleased....very cool enviroment but the menu shines. I wanted to order everything but the stomach will only hold so much....the polenta cakes are incredible and the lamb is equally amazing. this place is a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bright next spot in downtowntonybDined on 2/14/2014Went with a group of friends. The food was non-traditional tapas, but excellent. The favorites of the table were the duck legs and the crispy oysters with bacon. Wine list was decent and fairly priced. Sangria was very good. The place was packed, so the noise level was a bit high, but you could still have a good conversation across the table. Would definitely go back and recommend to friends to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.