Kasa Restaurant & Bar
183 South Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Kasa Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kasatapas.com/
- Phone: 4079855272x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm BRUNCH 11am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Latin / Spanish, Asian
- Executive Chef: Shawn Kaplan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve our large private dining room which seats up to 30 guests! Enjoy any special occasion such as birthdays, business meetings, wedding party, and much more! Includes a 70" flat screen television. Prefixed menus available from the Chef.
- Private Party Contact: Ledy 7276579006x
- Entertainment: Call location for Entertainment calendar.
A word from Kasa Restaurant & Bar
Kasa Restaurant & Bar serves up a truly exciting and innovative dining experience, featuring a menu comprised of diverse small plates and entrees with global influences by Executive Chef Shawn Kaplan, as well as a raw bar with fresh seafood. Open for lunch, dinner, drinks and brunch, Kasa raises the bar in the Downtown Orlando dining scene by combining exceptional service in a cool, comfortable and contemporary atmosphere with a memorable meal that satisfies all the senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Kasa Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Kasa Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since March 25 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (18)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014The food and wine selection was decadent. Great ambiance. Our servers were prompt, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Horribleluv2dineDined on 6/22/2014Service slow, sat at the smallest table ever, ran out of food at 2:30. Will never go back!!!!
- Ask for DaniSpoilMeDined on 5/31/2014The service (ask for Dani) was OUTSTANDING! Her suggestions were EXCELLENT (the apple dessert for example) and she was very attentive without being overbearing and interfering/interrupting conversation with my guests. She even brought us samples of the sangrias to see which we liked the best (the Hibiscus)! Dani made the evening carefree and so enjoyable. I'm going back to check out their Happy Hour, Lunch, and Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good brunch/decent servicVinceVIPDined on 5/11/2014Been here many times before and had our first brunch there this past weekend. The food is good but nothing spectacular and no 1 dish has really stood out to us yet...BUT overall we've never been disappointed with anything we've ordered. Their oysters are great however compared to most other places in downtown Orlando. As for brunch, it was pretty straightforward - I was hoping for some of their regular menu to be included in the brunch menu but it was your standard breakfast foods and the lunch items included weren't anything spectacular either. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant for a first timer but not something you want to go frequently unless your like us and you live on top of the place so its more of a convenience really.Special Features:
- Amazing!DSCPDined on 5/11/2014I took my fiancé here for Mother's Day and it was great! Everything tasted great and the unlimited brunch champagne was awesome! We will definitely be returning with more family and friends! Staff is very friendly and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLauren26HDined on 5/10/2014I was looking for a new place to take my parents and my husband on Saturday night - the reviews for Kasa were outstanding so I took a chance and made a reservation. We could not have been more pleased!! The service was awesome - everyone who came to our table was super friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and came out of the kitchen very quickly. We all agreed it was a fantastic experience and we will be back!! I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice greatUnhappyVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit and we will continue to go there. Food was excellent and we tried different dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!dinerpsycoDined on 5/9/2014Gaby/Gabriel?? Server from Puerto Rico, was awesome. Really knowledgeable and knew the menu from top to bottom. On the down side - they were out of my first two beer chioces, I had to settle for my third option.Special Features:
- Orlando's best tapas.DineoftenVIPDined on 5/3/2014This is not a typical Spanish tapas restaurant. This is world wide tapas with a flair. Great service who answered all our questions. Need to expand the wine list. Only two notable cabs is not enough. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kasa BrunchDavidMDined on 4/27/2014The brunch at Kasa has always proven to be the best place to go for a upbeat vibe, beautiful people, a great buffet, and bottomless mimosas (if youd o so partake).Special Features:
- Excellent!TomBVIPDined on 4/19/2014Very hip in decor, concept, cocktails and food. This was out third visit and we enjoyed it again.Special Features:
- Superior service, Superior Cuisine!BrittaneyDined on 3/28/2014This was the perfect spot for a date night! Not only was the view of downtown amazing, but the view inside was equally pleasing: very chic and modern.The most impressive aspect of the restaurant was the service and, of course, the menu! Our server Janie was a gem; she was attentive, friendly, and most importantly, extremely knowledgable about the menu. Her suggestions on which items would best suit our taste were perfect! The others who assisted our table were very polite and attentive as well. As for the cuisine, one cannot begin to describe the deliciousness encompassed by every item on the menu. Everything is sure to please your taste buds! This place will immediately become your favorite restaurant for every occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Kasa Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Global TapasRLewisDined on 3/25/2014For three people we ordered nine dishes total, which was too much food but so good! Beautifully served with bright complex flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchyummVIPDined on 3/23/2014We've been wanting to check this place out since they moved in and finally jumped on the $25 all you can eat/drink mimosa deal on Sunday for Brunch. We made a reservation the day of and sat outside. It was a beautiful day we could hear the DJ inside, which was the perfect noise level. I'm sure sitting inside may have been a little loud. The food was fantastic. Very fun twist on regular breakfast food like; potato hash with pulled kobe beef, biscuits and gravy, but with a chorizo sauce; sweet potato pancakes, assorted fruit and muffins/breads, but the BEST thing was the pecan BACON! OMG to die for. We went up at least 3 times to grab some of that. Everything was great and I'd be very interested in trying their regular food menu now.Special Features:
- Sunday Night Pre-Concert DisasterGSJAXBCHVIPDined on 3/16/2014Our poor server, he tried, kitchen failed him, this place was just not ready for a Sunday evening crowd and we were early ahead of a pre-concert rush. We ordered-got drinks (thank goodness), then a few plates-then a 45 min void. Kept telling us it was coming, but, as tables were seated around us, they got their food first-a table next to us just completely struck out. Manager came over to offer anything to fix it, time was out had to pass, she didn't offer us a thing. Food runner appears as we stood up with cuban mojo ribs, they looked good, would have liked to try them. Had to "grade the paper" with the server, told him what we didn't get to get it off the bill. Went to the concert hungry, got my late night food back at the hotel.Special Features:
- Very Good Food!wbell2Dined on 3/15/2014My wife and I ate at Kasa while in town for our anniversary. The food was terrific - we loved everything that we ordered. The wine list is pretty thin and the service a bit slow. But, the food would bring me back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding .....everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014In Orlando for the weekend, and searching for a dinner reservation Friday evening on Open Table, we found Kasa. The menu was appealing, and there was a opening for 8:30pm. The restaurant interior design is contemporary but very cool, and the mix of restaurant patrons equally diverse. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable, and every dish was exquisite. So much so that we regrettably had no room for the dessert, which sounded delightful. The wine was delicious, reasonably priced, and served at perfect room temperature. Even better - 8 plates of delicious food, a superb bottle of wine, a very enjoyable evening, and all for $120 for 3 of us! I only wish they would open one in Naples, FL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTOM12Dined on 3/8/2014Truly excellent service and a great experience, My date was super impress with me, selecting this restuarant. The food is out of this word and tasteful, very elegant atmoshpere. I love everthing about this place, Our waiter Josh was great too, as he help out naviate the menu as this was out first time been there, and all his suggestion was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!HilaryVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our food was very good. Favorites were the Tuna Tostones and the Bison Mini Burgers. Our server, Josh, was outstanding!Special Features:
- Our 2nd time and still loving it!AmandaDined on 2/28/2014My husband and I love small plates! The interesting blend if flavors and presentation is flawless every time!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heirlooms??OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014The food was good. I am the director of sales for a national tomato grower. We ordered the heirloom tomato and basil pasta salad, I was very disappointed that they used regular cherry tomatoes in the salad and not the heirlooms they said it was. So my advice is to serve the item as described.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kasa Tapasmills111Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent service and good food. Would change up some things on my order if I went again; not much meat to on the rack of lamb. I DEFINITELY recommend the wrecked apple pie roll! Can't wait to come back and try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Serendipitous Discovery...dkawaDined on 2/15/2014Made a last minute reservation using mobile OpenTable, and had thought I was making the reservation at a different nearby tapas restaurant, but mistakenly made the reservation at Kasa Tapas & Raw Bar...and was very glad I did! It’s a beautiful, modern, serene restaurant with impeccable food. Absolutely loved this restaurant! It was polished and very clean, (could have eaten off the floor:) The food was creative, beautiful, delicious, ample and very reasonably priced. The service was attentive and friendly (thank you, Chelsea). Will absolutely return the next time I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealwardDined on 2/14/2014Great Great experience....went for a valentines dinner with my love and was so pleased....very cool enviroment but the menu shines. I wanted to order everything but the stomach will only hold so much....the polenta cakes are incredible and the lamb is equally amazing. this place is a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bright next spot in downtowntonybDined on 2/14/2014Went with a group of friends. The food was non-traditional tapas, but excellent. The favorites of the table were the duck legs and the crispy oysters with bacon. Wine list was decent and fairly priced. Sangria was very good. The place was packed, so the noise level was a bit high, but you could still have a good conversation across the table. Would definitely go back and recommend to friends to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkSteveDined on 2/14/2014Been twice and this time it was just ok. Had scallops, olives, bison burgers, lamb chops and several drinks. It was a nice night but overall the meal was forgettable.Special Features:
- service was top notchFloydDined on 2/14/2014Janey's Service was exquisite as was the food ! the reservation process was a little stressful , used open table call to let them know we were 10 minutes late threatened to cancel my reservation. we got to the restaurant there is 28 empty tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice diningBruceDined on 2/14/2014We had a very nice dining experience at Kasa. My wife and I ate there for Valentine's Day. The food was very good and the service was also very good. Our server, Melanie, was very attentive and had a great attitude!! The food was flavorful and well presented. It is a tapas place, meaning like sushi, you will probably pay more since you have to buy more plates to make a meal. But, you get a good variety. The smoked duck legs and pork on polenta cake were excellent. Unlike most restaurants that serve you a pitcher of Sangria filled with fruit and ice and not much liquid, their sangria was pretty generous. Try it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Everything we had was amazing! The sliders were great, the short ribs were my favorite. For dessert we got the apple pie with caramel sea salt ice cream, wow! Great drinks, great atmosphere. Can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- Great downtown locationquiltermomVIPDined on 2/8/2014We dined at Kasa for the first time this weekend and will definitely return. The food is creative--and everything was fantastic! Tapas is my new favorite way to dine-little tastes of lots of things. Beautiful interior, good service (maybe a little too attentive, but we dined early as we were going to a play and the restaurant wasn't very full at that point.) Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a foodiefoodieDined on 2/3/2014Awesome experience. The bartender/server was so sweet; excellent service. The food was all so unique. We enjoyed the tapas experience, particularly for happy hour. Regular prices were a little too much for our taste but we will be back again for happy hour! We really loved the calamari and the edamame bruschetta - such unique food combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still needs polishingMyraVIPDined on 1/18/2014Service is still not there. Receptionists didn't have a clue what to do when we came in 30 min late and our table was given away. They kept mumbling to each other for good 10 mins without letting us know what's going on. We were finally given a table after 35 min which is understandable, if we were only told promptly. Food is great, pricey but worth the treat. Food service was quick too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed this great tapas & raw bar. Many selections on the bar menu as well as the regular menu. The staff was very attentive & we enjoyed talking with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulChristopherVIPDined on 1/5/2014Every time we eat at Kasa either as a couple or with friends we have always had an amazing meal. Service is top notch.Special Features:
- It was okRKCouchDined on 12/31/2013We had a very below average experience. The hostess was the best part as she (Tammy I think) was very friendly and helpful. The food was fair, a ceviche we had was the best. The service was spotty and at one point we had to ask someone to find our waitress as she had been absent for almost 10 min. We will try again before we write it off, but won't be in any hurry.Special Features:
- Cool Tapas RestaurantJakeVIPDined on 12/26/2013Had quite a few dishes on a double date. Had the tuna burgers (twice!), whitefish ceviche, salmon poke, edamame bruschetta, mixed greens salad, Scandinavian pork meatballs and a couple drinks. Really good meal and prices were appropriate. Great service. Cool concept.Special Features:
- Great new findOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2013The food was delicious, great selection, service outstanding and good location.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2013Drinks were great and so was ceviche. Salads were disappointing as well as presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/27/2013The food was very good, especially the lobster deviled eggs. The pricing is higher than other tapas restaurants in the downtown area so I would save Kasa for a special occasion rather than for just a night out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionsOpenTable DinerDined on 11/26/2013First impressions can be lasting, the food/ service was good for a new restaurant however, there wasnt anyone to greet us at the door, so we walked around towards the bar lookign around for someone to seat us only to find that the check in we had already passed, but no one was manning the station, so to speak. I found it surprising because we obviously made a reservation and I was called prior to confirm my reservation-- so its not like we were not expected. I was entertaining clients' it made it uncomfortable to search for someone to seat us. I wasnt impressed. The food, on the other hand was really good considering the restaurant has only been open a little less than a month. And the server was attentive and prompt with our choices.Special Features: